• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
You have to do 5 jobs in Markarth, Solitude, Whiterun, and Windhelm seperately. After you do that, Delvin will give you a special job in each city.

I have a strong dislike for this portion of the thieves guild. You basically have to plug away at their missions until you get the right area. You end up quitting like 50 or more jobs because you constantly get Riften, or somewhere you have already been five times.

It's a pretty big oversight and kind of breaks the feel of the quest line. They could have easily given you one more dialogue option that allows you to pick the area, at the very least.

I also hate how brynjoff tells you that you will be guildmaster when you get back, and you aren't. Not to mention you get no direction whatsoever on what to do.

"Thanks for enabling us to resolve a 25 year long conspiracy and bringing all parties to justice. Your reward is doing footpad jobs for 10 more hours."

Make sure you dont do the forsworn quest in markarth if you need the thieves guildmaster armor. Doing the forsworn mission will make it impossible to pay off your bounty in markarth and you will be caught in a never ending loop of conversation with the guards. or they will just keep attacking you. ANNOYING GLITCH

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
^good find. It seems there are so many glitches associated with the thieves guild. It's sad because its one of my favorite parts of the game.

I agree with you, i also enjoyed the way the story kept me guessing and the amount of twists it entailed. I did enjoy the dark brotherhood as well. But this glitch wasnt associated with the thieves guild rather it was associated with a completley different side quest you get wrapped up into upon entering markarth for the first time. so if you can AVOID THE SIDE QUEST AT THE BEGINNING OF MARKARTH

Tactikul

Hardcore Button Masher
It's decent for a thief, but in my opinion you can't beat the Dark Brotherhood or Cicero Armor when your playing a thief/Assassin build.

Metas

Redguard Battlemage
It's decent for a thief, but in my opinion you can't beat the Dark Brotherhood or Cicero Armor when your playing a thief/Assassin build.

Cicero's "armor" is only good for the muffled boots. other than that the nightingale armor is the best

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
I felt the same way a little disappointed in the enchantments on all of them plus not being able to legitimently improve them past "flawless" even at 100 smithing and bonus' from armor and jewelry for smithing

Shoor

Clan Thu'um Guard
yeh same didnt see the point in keeping it when you have the nightingale armor
I gave mine to my companion so she could carry more.

Xiomn

I can't see lockpicking maybe pickpocketing being of any use really because i always save before i attempt at any of those things and i'm a save whore. :rolleyes:

Shoor

Clan Thu'um Guard
I can't see lockpicking maybe pickpocketing being of any use really because i always save before i attempt at any of those things and i'm a save whore. :rolleyes:
Amen. Lockpicking perks or any kind of bonus is useless, since you can get it in about 10 lockpicks or so.

Godsbane

Make sure you dont do the forsworn quest in markarth if you need the thieves guildmaster armor. Doing the forsworn mission will make it impossible to pay off your bounty in markarth and you will be caught in a never ending loop of conversation with the guards. or they will just keep attacking you. ANNOYING GLITCH

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts