• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Onyx

So, I built my Argonian Assasin over the weekend and got him to around lvl 15 now.

This class is a blast to play! I love how each dungeon is a challenge, sneaking around, watching patrol patterns and then moving in for the kill! Takes me much longer to clear a dungeon than the usual run in, kill everything and run out approach but is much more satisfying. Here is how I have built it up so far

Main Skills
Sneak: 70ish -> Perks include 15x Dmg with Daggers, improved Stealth etc up to Stealth Roll
Archery -> Around 35 - sux but really slow to lvl and my main form of attack in dungeons is Daggers
Light Armor -> Also around 30 - also hard to lvl as I usually do not get hit, and when I do I die..

Secondary ->

1H - Taking Armsman for the dmg increase and will take dual wield when perks allow and also the 25% reduced stamina cost for PA but nothing else really.
Alchemy - Poisons are good but using it mainly for healing potions, invisibility potions (cannot make em yet) and also Paralize potions for open combat.

As I said, so far is a blast to play...BUT, when I am out in the open and forced into open combat, that is where I suck. I have just got the Dark Brotherhood Shroud Armor so that helps, can take on Saber Cats and Cave Bears ok now (especially if I can open up with an archery sneak attack) but need a lot of health potions. When in open combat tend to dual wield 2 Orchish 1h swords.

So, for those more experienced in this class, do you have any suggestions on ways to improve survivability in open combat. Some quests are closed (one main quest as there is a snow troll in the way which I am not confident I can beat).