Thief Armour Disenchant

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

BunnyFastard

Hi guys and girls, this is my first post and I have only recently started playing so please bare with me.

Currently I have Elfen armour equipped to my character and after having been inducted to the Thiefs Guild I now have Thief Armour which is enchanted (+15 lock picking etc). If I Disenchant the armour can I enchant the skills back on to my Elfen armour as it carries better defence stats?

Sazandora101

It depends if the elven armor is enchanted. From my understanding of it, if you disenchant the thieve's guild stuff it gets destroyed and you then unlock that enchantment. So you should be able to enchant the elven gear. Hope this helps ^-^

Note: If you want a higher enchantment use a Grand Soul Gem. You can buy these from Farengar Secret-Fire in Whiterun.

BunnyFastard

Cheers for the reply Saz, by a higher enchantment do you mean that it will improve the enchantment that I learn? Say improve +15 lock picking to maybe +25 lock picking? If so I'm assuming the Grand Soul Gems are über expensive?

Oliverjames

The way enchanting works is disenchanting any item causes the item to be destroyed. You then keep the enchantment permanently. You then need a relevant weapon or apparel, and a soul gem. The more items you enchant and disenchant the higher your enchanting level becomes.

BunnyFastard

I dunno, seem quite split on this as for now I want to spend my perk points on archer and sneak. Just wanted to combine the two (perks on Thiefs armour, and armour rating on Elfen armour) seems a bit of a hassle at this point though so probably just going to swap between the two when each armour is necessary.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
One note, save at least one piece of your Thieves Guild suit as you will need it later if you use the Ratway Fence. Won't spoil it for you, but take it from me, you don't want to be caught without at least one piece.

BunnyFastard

Thinking about it I don't think I have smoothed the thief armour yet, assuming you can? Will probably bring the armour close o Elfen? Thoughts?

Oliverjames

You can upgrade it with leather. But you'll need to be a better smithing level I'd imagine. What's your character build?

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
I can say that in a previous char I found it to be rather useless later in the game, so unless you love it, don't stress about it.

Necromis

also the DB armour, IMO, is better sneak archer armour. Both can be upgraded using leather. The nightengale armour looks better than both those and also can be upgraded. If you upgrade the thief it should get closer to the elven in quality.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
... If I Disenchant the armour...
You can't disenchant Thieves Guild armor pieces. There are very few unique enchanted items in Skyrim that can be disenchanted.

Thinking about it I don't think I have smoothed the thief armour yet, assuming you can? Will probably bring the armour close o Elfen? Thoughts?
The Thieves Guild gloves and boots have a slightly better base armor rating then the Elven gauntlets and boots. However, if you have the Elven Smithing perk you will be able to smith it to a better quality than you can with the Thieves Guild Armor. Both sets can be improved to yield a 567 armor rating or higher if you have the right skill sets leveled to 100, have the appropriate armor perks and are using high end Fortify Smithing equipment and the Blacksmith's Elixer and Ancient Knowledge. 567 armor rating is significant because it is where the reduction of damage from physical damage caps for armor protection.

BunnyFastard

Dagmar, with a monsoon of respect I have no idea what anything in the second paragraph means as I am new to the game :) . The armour headache has now been solved though as I have sufficient perks for Scale armour which I have just produced. As of yet I have enchanted nothing at all and I am currently in the process of saving for my first house after spending large sums to level my smithing. Cheers for the reply though, I'm assuming you know quite a bit about all aspects of the game and no doubt I will be picking your brain in the bear future :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts