• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Swordsmansmith

You make lots of $. Get cool armor and everything you do helps level a stealth type character. By the time Im done Ill be ready to join the DB. The theives guild makes me feel like The Godfather building up my crime syndicate. If you're playing a stealth/assassin character look no further. A lot of guild members can train you in those skills.

Swordsmansmith

A lot. Archery trainer and a lot of missions you'll level up sneak lock pick light armor ect. Although as soon as you join the DB you get a black hood to wear that does 20%the more bow damage and boots that make you silent.

Swordsmansmith

I took dark brotherhood armor and combined with thrives guild armor. Then kept doing thieves guild quests. Saving DB for later

Aylan

Aylan, High Elf Wizard
Im going to be a destruction mage...do you think ill be a successful theif / assassin :p (ive only played 2 hours and its my first elder scrolls game)

Kasha

So what happens if you already joined the dark brother hood, and then you do some TG missions, then go back to DB and do missions and kill people. Do they still fine you for killing people in the TG?

Mindfux

i'm wondering why i'm the guildmaster, but everytime i go into Rithkin there's Theives running around getting attacked by citizens, and they con as enemies lol

Swordsmansmith

@Kasha: No im pretty sure rules only apply from the guild you're doing the quest for.
@Aylan: In my opinion No because as an assassin/theif you want to avoid attention and blowing crap up is not a good way to do that. Also depends on your race. If I was going to be a mage I'd head straight to the college of Winterhold to learn magic from them. Also the jarl of Whiterun's court wizard will sell you spells.

The Nightingale armor from the Thieve's Guild questline rocks too. :)

2011-11-16_00002.jpg
2011-11-16_00004.jpg
2011-11-16_00003.jpg

Tusck

Totally agree with this thread, I really liked the thieves guild story. However, I feel like it gets better once you finish the main story, I,m not going to spoil it but I recommend you keep doing the repeatable quests. You'll know when you're doing it right.

Swordsmansmith

Haven't got the nightingale armor yet. Three quests away. Thieves guild is Riften, man approaches you in market to steal a ring and frame another vendor. This starts thieves guild quest line.

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
WHAT THE HELL!!! The Thieve's Guild armor is cooler than the DB's armor! Haha. My first character is a sort of jack-of-all-trades, I basically do whatever is best for me, but not outright murdering everyone I come across (although I'm not against murder.) Basically I started out as a stealth-archer who wore heavy armor. Did a lot of side quests and a touch of the main quests, mainly travelling the land skilling up archery and sneak. Eventually I stumbled upon the DB, and ended up joining. With that armor I picked and choosed the pieces that were good for me (the 20% bow headpiece I didn't need because I already had one that granted 20% to bows, lockpicking, and alchemy, and the muffled boots I didn't need because I already had the silent sneak perk, hands I didn't need for double dagger damage as I mainly use archery, so that left the light armor chest with 50% poison damage, which would be nice, but I already had an ebony chest with +60 health, so basically I ended up sticking with the armor I already had... haha.) But that Nightengale armor... WOW! Pretty hot. =) I'm kind of cooling it on the DB for fear that I assassinate someone in another questline or just radiant quest hub, so I'm going back to the civil war/Dovahkiin quests, and will probably hit up the Thieve's Guild soon. :D

Mindfux

i don't understand why people try to make stealthy characters wearing heavy clunky armor and warhammers lol...this does effect your detection rate.

it says in the manual as well, 'two handed weapons are louder, swords are quieter, and daggers are silent' or something along those lines

Deadhand

Funny, because my sneak skills make me completely silent while moving. And while my bow takes both hands, it's not exactly a warhammer.

Mindfux

i don't think i've ever seen a thief running around dressed like they're in the frontlines is all i'm saying...

Deadhand

You're implying that because I'm wearing heavy armor I'm running around in the front lines. I play my character just like a stealthly assassin, only I'm wearing heavy armor. When assassinating targets I'm rarely if ever detected, and in the few cases where there are too many targets to assassinate (or "boss" fights where you don't really have the option to not be detected) I'm more heavily armored than a regular assassin.

Also; why do you care how I play the game? I can play it however I want just like everyone else. I think my next character I'm going to max out blacksmithing, enchanting, lockpicking, and pickpocketing, and just sit around and cook all day. How do you feel about that?

Mindfux

why are you getting butthurt about it?

you going to type another paragraph about how you feel?

i just think it's silly to run around in heavy armor trying to be stealthy..kind of defeats the purpose

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts