• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LadySapphira

Hi everyone, with the Witcher and the Witcher 2 on sale from steam I'm trying to decide if I should buy it. Any thoughts?

Should I start with witcher 1 or 2?

I'm not sure I"m going to get it or not yet.

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I've always wanted to play Witcher. I saw the first one one sale at Target for $10.00. For me, I would start with the first one.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
I tried playing the Witcher 2. I was so overwhelmed by the complexity of the menu that I gave up.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
First off you should get it. It is amazing, and you should probably start off in the first one, as the second pretty much plays off the events of the first one.

Clau

The Fateless One
Saw some pictures of the Witcher 3. Extremely visual pleasing and the vivid texture are unreal.

images

the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-better-than-skyrim.jpg

Cassio

I haven't play Witcher 1, but Witcher 2 was great! It's one of my favourite games! And about Witcher 3. Here's video -
. It seems to be impressive! And there will be open world ingame even 30% bigger than Skyrim.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
I never realized Witcher 3 is coming! :eek: That is good news indeed! I played the second installment and quite enjoyed it. It was a very 'mature' and story-driven RPG experience; much more streamlined than Skyrim, but there was some room to explore, too. If I had to compare it to Skyrim, I'd say Witcher 2 represents quality over quantity, whereas Skyrim is the opposite. That isn't to say Skyrim is a huge steaming pile of plopse that never ends, or that Witcher 2 is a tiny, pea-sized gem of a game that you can finish in one evening, but you get my point.

Cassio

I know what you're mean. Games like Skyrim you can love or hate - not everybody like such a huge world. And Witcher 2 is something between. There isn't such a huge world as in Skyrim, but there is more going on.

Clau

The Fateless One

Clau

The Fateless One
Warning: Gore.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
I picked up The Witcher 2 last night. I'm not that far inti it but so far its a really good game.

Riven326

I never played the original Witcher, but I did play Witcher 2 and it just wasn't for me. I didn't like the combat mechanics.