• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    (OOC: @Isnar yeah, I'm almost there.)

The man was near, he knew, for he had been on this path before. He was traveling uphill, to his left, jagged rocks and hills with twisted and gnarled trees. And to his right, a steep drop off into the raging waters of the Karth River. After a few more minutes of walking, guard towers begin to form alongside the ancient trees. Guards clad in steel armor with red sashes adorning their breastplates guarded them, bows in hand. All of their eyes were upon the man as he made his way past, unwavered and unfazed by their petty attempts to instill fear.

Eventually, the great stone arch of Solitude's entrance appeared before him, the ancient city was the largest in Skyrim, and also served as the Hold's capitol. The man made his way through, pushing through the great wooden doors and finding himself in the midst of a crowd, flocking en masse to witness the public execution of a convicted criminal. The man paid no attention, weaving through the herd of screaming individuals cheering on the executioner as he readied his axe.

The doors of the Winking Skeever were opened, and the man stepped inside. It was quieter in hear, much more pleasant. The man lowered his hood, revealing a Nord with fair skin and shoulder length brown hair. "Welcome to the Winking Skeever, finest tavern in all of Skyrim." Said the innkeeper, flashing a friendly yet wary smile. "Just ale, please." The man's voice was deep, yet softly spoken but at the same time strong. "Find a seat, I'll bring it to ya'." The man nodded, turning to see the denizens of the inn. Most of the patrons conversed and chatted among themselves, ignoring the Nord as he took a seat in the corner.

Star Gazer

Isnar looks over to see a large man that looked like he may be either nordic or breton. "Come sit down with us!" Isnar said, motioning to a chair.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    The man glanced up at Isnar, he was very, very elderly. His face lined with wrinkles and scars, he had never been to accept most invitations. However, he figured the company would do him no harm. So with a smile, the man took a seat beside the old man. "I'm Alistar, and you?"

Amanti

Protector of The Shadows
    Amanti looks up from her drink and greet the newcomer with a smile "It's good to meet new people" She reached in to her coinpurse and dropped 5 septims onto the table "More ale for the man!"

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Alistar smiled, a bit taken off by the unexpected generosity and hospitality he was encountering. He tended to have interactions with people that weren't quite as friendly. "Thank you, normally people are quicker to swing an axe at my face than buy me a drink." He said with a wholehearted laugh, normally Alistar was a loner, but he did enjoy socializing. The innkeeper arrived with a platter, upon it pints of ale foaming from their jugs. "Here you are! Let me know if you need anything else." He said, leaving the drinks on the table. Alistar grabbed a pint and took a sip, it had been too long since his last drink.

Explicandum

Blood-kin of the Orsimer
    "Hello there, Alistair." Dar'Vanni purred. "What brings you to Solitude?" He motioned for the innkeeper to come back to the table. "A Firebrand Wine, if you may. I'm in need of some richness."

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    "Just passing through, I'm always moving, never in one place for too long." Said Alistar, taking another sip from his pint. It was getting later in the afternoon, and people of all types began showing up for a drink. The inn gradually becoming louder and more alive as men cheered and drank.

Amanti

Protector of The Shadows
    Examining her coinpurse, Amanti realized that she extremely low on coins. Turning on her chair she looked throughout the tavern, in search of an easy prospect. Realizing that the nearest fat coinpurse was in the Blue Palace, Amanti turns back to her ale and takes another glup.

Explicandum

Blood-kin of the Orsimer
    "I think I should go." Dar'Vanni finished the last of his wine and made to stand up. "The Nords in here are bound to start a fight with me." he explained. Making sure that he gathered everything, Dar'Vanni made his way upstairs to his lodgings.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Dar'Vanni is cut off before he reaches the stairs, a Nord man, with pale skin and a long, tangled blonde beard steps in front of the Khajiit. He's massive, his muscles bulging as he narrows his eyes. "What's a kitty doing out of it's pen?" He says, spitting ale as he does so. Other Nords turn toward the imminent fight, cheering on a beating.

Amanti

Protector of The Shadows
    Noticing that a fight might break out, Amanti reached for her pouch, finally realizing that she left her gear hidden in a stone fence leading to Solitude's gate. "Grr.." She gets up and pushes the nord towards the door of the tavern "And what's the milk-drinker doing away from his mother!"

Explicandum

Blood-kin of the Orsimer
    (OOC: Mr.Self Destruct You just did the opposite of what I wanted :))

Dar'Vanni yelled so the message could go through the Nord's thick head. "Everybody calm down NOW! I've no wish to even have this conversation right now." He displayed his hands and fire appeared in both of them. "Step back, now."

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    The Nord scowls, grabbing Amanti by the wrist with one hand and forcing her against a wall with the other. Meanwhile, another puts Dar'Vanni in a headlock from behind. Cheering and laughing erupt, resounding throughout the inn. "We gotta' feisty one over here." The Nord said, grinning and revealing a festering maw of yellowed and blackened teeth. "Leave them be." The laughter stopped, all eyes turning toward Alistar who's now stood from the table. His eyes are dead serious, he's in for a fight.

Star Gazer

Everyone was looking at Alistar. Isnar thought he was crazy, drawing the nord's attention to him, but Isnar would defend him, for being so bold and standing up for the khajiit. "Come on, put the cat down." The old man said. The biggest of the nords laughed. "Shut up whelp! Why are you telling us what to do? You're lucky we don't pin you to this wall!" Isnar felt a challenge approaching. Old and frail, versus young and burly. "Come over here and try it."

Amanti

Protector of The Shadows
    Amanti realizing that nord's grip had loosened, she threw her feet from underneath her and fell to the ground, breaking the nords grip on her. Amanti rolled out of the nord's reach and jumped up next to Isnar. "Isnar, I don't think it's a smart idea, he dumb but strong as an ox" Amanti gritted her teeth