The weight slider (your opinions and preferences - Vanilla only)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Gore gro-Gijakudob

Hello everybody, I've been away from the forums for quite some time but have returned in time for Dawnguard. I have retired the great Gore the Orc (600+ hours) and decided to try a Breton character. Now, let me say this first, I'm ANAL about character creation and managed to create a wonderful looking Breton character (any similarities with Sean Connery are purely coincidental). But the thing is, even after 30 hours with the guy, I'm not sure about the weight bar I chose. I normally went all the way to the right (which is a great look for 2-handed warriors) but this guy (still a warrior) is a duel-wielder (dagger and sword, light armour) so I decided to make him less buff (after all, Conan type muscles don't seem to suit fast weapon/light armour types in my opinion). Yet I still wonder if I should have done the normal max right weight option, as it does look cool. Of course this is all a preamble. After some thought I went for 1 click above average which is a muscular but still athletic look. What weight do you guys choose for your characters and how do you decide?

If you look at real life well-balanced athletes (which is what your’s sounds like) then they are not muscle-bound. Same is true for special ops soldiers: no Rambos, simply super fit and able to do anything.

For fun, I wish we could make really overweight Orc slobs, with huge beer bellies

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Well for mages I like going all the way to the right, thieves and assassins I go 2 or 3 notches left, dual-wielding a little further, sword and shield a little further, and 2-handed I go all the way left. I feel that mages shouldn't really be muscular, while thieves/assassins should look agile and fit but not muscular, with dual-wielders should have a little more muscle while still looking agile, weapon and shield needs a little more bulk, and 2-handers just seem weird without being behemoths.

Belle

Fool of Hearts - Laughter Incarnate
I play as a female (And I don't use any mods, I think I'm the only PC player who doesnt xD), and I also adjust it based on my character ^_^ My first character - and currently active - is an assassin/thief type character, I made it a few notches to the left (agile appearance) but looking healthy. I hate the mods that make the girls look super skinny to the point of anorexic, it's disgusting :confused:

And for warrior types, I make them more muscular looking, it just fits better :D

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Yeah, the female characters don't get all pumped-up like the men when you move the slider all the way to the right. All the weight seems to go to their breasts and buttocks. But I agree with Belle. The "exposed ribs you could play like a xylophone" look is not appealing at all.

Clau

The Fateless One
My Imperial is on the lighter side. I first envisioned her as a femme fatale; slender and agile. For my second build I would opt for Nord woman, much more stocked.

My favorite body type in Skyrim is Altmer female dialed all the way down. Not because I'm into skinny chix, but because they basic body shape is a bit hippy and this setting minimizes that. I also dress around it. My males, it depends on the type of build. A squishy mage is probably going to be skinny, and a warrior is most likely going to be built like a cinder block. My favorite character so far just happened to be a Nord Female, dialed up all the weigh, but she started off as a joke file, and then I fell in love with her.

ShadowGambit

Actually, the "Body builder warrior" is a creation of comics and movies, not lore.

To get the muscular mass of Schwarzy in Conan, or of "the rock" you have to work specific body building exercices, which do nothing to improve your technique or your power as a warrior.

Real warriors don't do that. They train on their technique and speed. They will be Fitted but not body-builded. They tend to be pretty slim for their build as it is all well trained muscle, not STEROIDS-like muscles.

Just look at the Decathlonian: none of them are Body Builded. Very fitted yes, but not oversized. And for me, those are the ultimate warriors of the modern age.

That said, I always choose my character to be slim because I prefer the agile/fast build character.

Arthur Swift-Sword

Swift. Like a Sword.
Actually, the "Body builder warrior" is a creation of comics and movies, not lore.

To get the muscular mass of Schwarzy in Conan, or of "the rock" you have to work specific body building exercices, which do nothing to improve your technique or your power as a warrior.

Real warriors don't do that. They train on their technique and speed. They will be Fitted but not body-builded. They tend to be pretty slim for their build as it is all well trained muscle, not STEROIDS-like muscles.

Just look at the Decathlonian: none of them are Body Builded. Very fitted yes, but not oversized. And for me, those are the ultimate warriors of the modern age.

That said, I always choose my character to be slim because I prefer the agile/fast build character.

This man CLEARLY stayed in school. Lol.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
I usually keep the slider in the center or one click up or down. I try not to have skinny or muscled characters because you can't have a chunky build. Silly Bethesda, not everyone is skinny or muscled bound.

Arthur Swift-Sword

Swift. Like a Sword.
I usually keep the slider in the center or one click up or down. I try not to have skinny or muscled characters because you can't have a chunky build. Silly Bethesda, not everyone is skinny or muscled bound.

Well in medieval/colonial times lots of people WERE either somewhat skinny or somewhat musclebound. Cause back then, most folks chopped their own trees, hunted their own food and etc. Unlike America today, lol.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
Haha, I'm just saying I find it strange that we can have dragons and magic and giants and vampires and all of that. But we can't have a chunky innkeeper or blacksmith or whatnot? Silly indeed.

ShadowGambit

This man CLEARLY stayed in school. Lol.

Yes. And comes out with a Personal Trainer Diploma, and some other. So muscle size improvement is something I know a little about.

And repetition and stamina building doesn't make your muscle oversized. Short reps burst does.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Well, if at least some ancient warriors weren't muscle bound, where did the greeks even get the idea to make those statues? All the warriors immortalized in this way were pretty built.

The greeks always made statues like the 'perfect man' in their opinion. Muscled, and with a small manly part :p although it sounds like a joke, this is true.

Thallik the Orc

Blacksmith
Who wants to play with an obese character? VERY LORE UNFRIENDLY PEOPLE!!!

Thallik the Orc

Blacksmith

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts