• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Allet

Article Writer
    After a moment of thought concerning his motives, and if they should be truthful ones or false ones, Ahsamiir grinned and replied "This one seeks only to see the world and defend the warm sands that are here. Nothing more, nothing less." It wasn't altogether untrue, though there were various nuances to that statement that the Khajiit didn't quite feel privy to disclose just yet. A brief lapse in judgement struck the Khajiit silly as he looked around the current company. Normally he wouldn't make such a move, but the Khajiit was willing to risk a little exposure to understand the various fellows-in-arms he'd be working with.

Unfortunately, every single of them had a weapon of some silly sort. Don't any of these buffoons fight the Khajiit way?

Pushing this thought to the back of his mind, Ahsamiir listened to the silly Men dividing out their platoons. By the sounds of it, the feline realized he would be in the same group of all the mercenaries and silly people he had just met. A wonderful situation this'll turn out to be, this one is sure.

Gorzash

Battle-Jaded Orc
    The Khajiit's sly replies involuntarily bring about a cool, cordial air over the tensity of the Great Porch. Gorz is grateful for this. Presently, he beams up into space, gaze unfixed, as a slideshow plays in his mind: first, it is he and his fellow militiamen charging across the muddy earth, into a fiery battle; then he is defending his own territory from the fabled, snakelike horrors; suddenly, he is barging into the capital of Skyrim, Volendrung poised to smite down any who resist him...
    Presently, a guard's hollering grounds him to grim reality.
    "Squad Two, from the Nord back!"
    He forces the words through a raw, worn throat, presumably so from how many times he had repeated himself within the hour. A blue flag decorated with a number "2" exchanges possession from the guard to an unknown Nord. The Orc probes his newly formed squad. Well, this will prove interesting enough... A native, an Altmer, a Redguard, a Khajiit, an' me. He studies a curious Redguard - one of the two soldiers whom he is unacquainted with. I smell a bandit... The Redguard in front of him is subject to his apprehensive glare, and he returns it with blatant worry. The mollifying breeze that had nested in the Porch suddenly seems to have taken flight.
    The countenances of the man and mer both flinch at the sudden bellowing of another guard's voice. The bustle and chatter that had not a moment before been present among the masses slowly dissipates.
    "Quiet, now, everyone! Quiet!"
    The crowds are nearly silent, for it is not another guard who speaks, but Lieutenant Hrongar.
    "My company, to the stables! We will be departing immediately to Markarth, where we will be
    positioned as sentries. But first, we will stop by in Rorikstead to rest and recruit anyone who may be passionate about joining us."
    Gorz can see the string of soldiers in his wake as it marches back into Dragonsreach, on its way
    to the awaiting carriages.

Ajones2323

The Black Knight
    The sudden movement of the men sent a slight shock into Tove's muscles. It had been hours of standing and waiting for the guards to assemble the men and women into regiments and then into groups.

After the tension in his body faded, Tove took the time to study his brothers-in-arms a bit. He noticed that most of the group wore and bore fairly decent armor and weapons. While studying the equipment and faces of those in his group, he caught a glimpse of the Khajiit eyeing his blade or perhaps his pockets. Either way he would have to keep a watchful eye on the sneak thief lest he lose his coin purse.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    [Arriving at Rorikstead]

By the time Melee and Arcadia arrive at Rorikstead, the sun is high in a clear blue sky, dotted with the occasional puffy white cloud. Arcadia had been correct in her earlier statement; there was not much to Rorikstead, save a few farms, an inn, and a building larger than the rest that Melee assumed was a manor. The pleasant breeze she had felt earlier still lingered in the air, but something was unsettling on this visit.

At first she couldn't put her finger on it, but after a minute or so of observing and looking around, something clicked in her mind; the village seemed completely and utterly empty. As if on cue, the sign in front of Frostfruit Inn swung gently in the breeze, creaking slightly as it did. Frowning, Melee looked down at Arcadia as the slowly continued walking. "Something seems a little off, doesn't it? I wonder where everyone has gone." Arcadia's steps have grown more hesitant, making it quite obvious that whatever going on was making her nervous. While she was the epitome of a calm person in normal situations, strange ones like this made her incredibly nervous. Melee, however, took everything she encountered in stride. Depending on the situation, one couldn't be sure if it was because she was brave or just reckless and impulsive.

Suddenly, a door slams to their left, and a balding, sturdy Nord runs outside toward them. Arcadia takes a step back, startled by this sudden confrontation, but Melee stands her ground, looking quizzically at the man approaching them. He stops in front of them, breathing heavily before straightening up and speaking to them in his thick accent. "I'm Lemkil, the one who sent the message to you. I need your help." He pauses here, taking a deep, nervous breath. "My daughters, they're ill. They're pale, and restless.. And the rest of the village seems to think it's.. Vampirism." His voice diminuendos as he speaks until the last word comes out as a whisper. He looks around as if that word might be a secret cue for a wave of arrows to strike him down where he stands. "Can you do something to help them?"

Hearing the man's plight, Arcadia straightens up and puts on a focused face. "Take us to your daughters so we can see for ourselves what's going on. We may be able to help, but it depends on how far the sickness has progressed." After a barely audible moan of anxiety, Lemkil turns around and hurries them into his small cottage a few yards away. He closes the door behind them, then starts pacing nervously around the small interior of his house.

((I shall finish this post later, I'm off to class now. :D))

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    The two girls were laying in separate beds, both were very pale like their father had stated moments before. They were covered in blankets, but Melee could still see them fidgeting even underneath all those layers. Every now and again a particularly sudden movement would break the stillness of the blankets and cause the girl's head to roll to one side, their eyes just staring ahead.

Arcadia knelt by what she assumed was the oldest of the two girls (it was hard to tell, they almost looked like twins), smiling at her as she started removing ingredients from her bag. "Hello dear, I'm here to make you feel all better. What is your name?"

The girl slowly turned her head to face Arcadia, sighing, almost sounding bored. "I'm Sissel, and that's my sister Britte. Are you going to find out what's wrong with us?" She suddenly turns toward Melee with a bitter look on her face, the action taking her aback. Why is she looking at me like that? I haven't even said anything to her yet. Despite the strange reaction, she smiles at the young girl. "Yes we are, going to have you feeling all better soon enough."

Sissel looked as if she were about to make an angry remark, but was prevented from doing so by Arcadia, who started feeling her face and glands for any obvious causes of sickness. As she rolled up her sleeves, she noticed a cut going across the Sissel's forearms that looked raw and infected. She peered closely at it, gently prodding the swollen regions around the cut before looking up at the girl. "How did you get these cuts?"

Biting her lip and looking down, Sissel quickly pulled her sleeve down to cover up the cut. "A few days ago. Me and Britte were playing near the inn, and.." She nervously glanced at her sister. "We cut ourselves on some of the tools out back. They accidentally fell down on us. We didn't want to get in trouble so we just ran back home without telling anyone what happened."

Arcadia tries to hide a smile as Sissel recounts her story, and Melee soon realizes why. The girls hadn't been bitten by a vampire; they had simply contracted a case of Rattles from the infected cut. She turns to Lemkil, who had been listening quietly this entire time. "Your daughters aren't vampires, they just have a mild disease that displays some of the same symptoms as vampirism. We'll give them some potions to drink, and they should be fine in a day or two."

Lemkil sighs, crossing his arms and watching as Arcadia mixes the ingredients together and tells the sisters when to drink the potions. "Well, the rest of the village will be happy to hear that. They've holed themselves up in the inn for the past few days. Guess I should head over there and let them know the news. Thank you." He walked over to the door and opened it, pausing before he went out and said, "There's a small coin purse on the table, please take it as payment for your work. And also, do you think you could head over to the inn once you're done? Just so everyone knows I'm actually telling the truth. And thank you again." With that, he headed to the inn, shutting the door behind him.

After Melee helps Arcadia clean up, the say goodbye to the girls and head out toward the inn. She looks up to the sky, observing how much the sun had advanced since they had arrived in Rorikstead. "Well, it's not exactly late, but it will be dark long before we make it back to Whiterun. Should we just get some rooms for the night?" Arcadia nods, readjusting the bag on her shoulder. "That sounds like a good idea. You know I hate traveling at night." Melee smiles. Arcadia's nervousness about certain things were a good source of good natured joking between the two of them. "All right, to the inn we go, then."

OldLace

researcher of all the things
    Mum-mra nodded at the Khajiit's approach, glad that she had convinced the other to undo her binds. "I should have stayed in the water indeed. By now more slaughterfish will have taken my canoe. This day is full of regrets, indeed." She was still nodding when he stopped, face blank, and went completely insane. She scrambled back at his screams, adding yet another reason to a long list to never surface to land again. The khajiit stopped his psychotic fit, then began to scrabble at his newly-wounded back.

"What in the Hist is wrong with the world today?" Mum-mra moaned, then hunched over and looked at her companion. "Is it done with the panic? What is wrong with you?" She noticed that her new position against the front wall allowed her to hear out, ever so slightly. She angled her 'ears' (more of pits, really) to the wall, picking up the vibrations. Her hearing was equipped for underwater exploration, very adept at picking up murky sounds. Typically this was a problem in the land world, but here and now…

"Khajiit! Calm yourself, the demons approach. Mum-mra does not want them thinking your madness is catching. I plan on surviving this encounter."

At her last word, the door (which was unfortunately right next to her, and in front of the other) opened rather suddenly, bringing light into the dark room and with it the visage of two scaled figures, wearing clothing comprised of sashes knotted about their bodies. These two, Mum-mra assumed, weren't a guard force. Thanks to the the Hist, she thought, she may live through this mad whorl yet.

The two demons spoke to each other, a hissing coughing language that Mum-mra likened to a combination of Hist and Dovah. She wracked her mind but couldn't come up with a translation. When one made a sound, the other sighed and lifted her roughly to her feet, undoing the knots at her ankles and wrists. The magic-dampening bracelets remained, unfortunately.

Ri'tai The Wordsmith

Khaaz dovah of the highest level.
    Ri'tai looked at the argonian as she was being taken, and tried to scream for help, but the words sounded wrong. Why was he hissing like that? He tried to form a word. His name. He got it in his mind, Ri'tai Ri'tai Ri'tai. He then opened his mouth. "Miaow?" He squealed almost pitifully. The Tsaeci looked at each other and let out a guttural laugh, and gave a hiss, but he understood it's meaning. 'follow' The voice in his head said, and he complied with the instructions. 'What has become of Ri'tai? His mouth translates into kittenspeek, and he obeys orders without understanding the language.' He thought to himself, but he was already accepting his fate. 'He is a pet. A pet to the lizards.' However, a small glimmer of hope resided in himself, and he was subconsciously planning escape routes already.

OldLace

Mum-mra was set onto her feet by the demon in red, glaring down at the jade bracelets. She was positive that if she just had her jewel smithing tools, she could get the damned things off of her. Her enchantment-nullifying file was in her armor, however, and she didn't even know where that was being stored. If she could only get to it, she'd be able to escape this situation handily.

As she was being jostled by the demon in yellow, she watched the Khajiit she'd been imprisoned with. The thing had actually mewed, if she could believe it. Her captors laughed at his pitifulness, finding mirth in his distressed expression. When they looked away and hissed something in their confusing language, however, she noticed a glimmer of confidence in his expression. She was pulled to follow them, but he walked forward of his own volition before they even looked to him. Does he…, she thought, confused, does he understand their language? His furtive expression as he looked about the hold certainly suggested it.

Looking at her new best friend, grinned slightly. "Dearest compatriot, I think we will have to see more of each other in the future. I am Mum-mra, enchantress and spellweaver; when the situation arises," she said, still thinking of her smithing tools lost in the hold somewhere. In a much, much lower voice, she added: "Mum-mra believes she knows what you have realized, and if it is true she will stick to you like fleshflies to a slaver. It has made a good friend this day." She nodded slightly at him as the continued down the stone hallways.

Gorzash

Battle-Jaded Orc
    The vivid twinkling of the sun is noticeable - yet not harsh enough to adjure one to shade their eyes - despite it being rather low-set in the west. Beneath it's lively glow, horses are whinnying and clopping their hooves against the sultry earth. The carriages are a bevy of summer creatures, beckoning for the crowd of militiamen. Presently, Hrongar's coarse inflection breaks the solitude of the afternoon:
    "Alright, soldiers! Into the carriages; we need to get moving so that we reach Rorikstead before the night grows old! Now here, each carriage has got a number on it, an' the, ah, board the one that corresponds with your squad number. Get moving!"
    A natural smirk of disgust crawls across the Orc's countenance, for following commands is an absurd and alien concept. The uncomfortable feeling grows, and this thought evokes habit: the Orc begins to adjust his bag, only to find it is not there. Damn... must have left it in Dragonsreach... Amid the commotion and excited air, the bag had become an isolated omission, a treasure forgotten. Contrary to rejuvenation that was felt earlier, reluctance now overwhelms as Gorz boards the carriage marked with a "2", the Khajiit trailing good four feet behind.

Ajones2323

The Black Knight
    Thankfully Tove was the first one on, he had something to lean against after being in one position for so long. He would use it to get some rest on the trip to Rorikstead. For now though his mouth and throat were dry, and he was going to treat himself to a bottle of mead. After fumbling around in his bag Tove's hands finally found a bottle of his favored Nord Mead. He downed the drink as if he had just waded through a vast dessert, and let out an involuntary "Ahhh". Looking up and seeing everyone else in the carriage slightly eyeing him, he let out a small chuckle, and said, "I have more if you all would like some?" After handing out the drink to those who would take it, Tove tied up his pack, placing it in between his legs, and proceeded to doze off for what little rest he could.

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
    Trenya climbs into the carriage.
    (Hmph this sucks i'm losing ground. First chance I get I'm leaving this stupid Nord group. They can all go get themselves killed I'm sure I can make huge gold selling old Skyrim goos in Valenwood. Elves love their decorations and collectables.)
    Trenya looks around to his fellow companions.
    He sees many unhappy faces and a few fearful ones.
    He suddenly regrets his previous thoughts.
    (I can't do that to these people. They're just as scared as I am. Only they have nowhere to run. These snake people invaded their country, just like they did mine years ago. Bretons spawns of man and mer. The master race. I'll show these Nords how to fight)

Trenya pulls out his dagger and begins to carve his name into the carriage seat.

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
    Night had fallen on the long convoy of carriages and Trenya had grown more awake as night progressed.
    (Gotta move Gotta Move GOTTA MOVE!!! Cmon Trenya pull yourself together. Just a little while longer and it'll all be over. Just remember the breathing exercises you were taught. In.... And Out... In.... Out.... BAH I can't take it)
    Trenya stabs the dagger into the wood startling a few of the riders.
    "Uh woops sorry. I um saw a spider. Hate those things. Too many eyes or something."
    A few of the people chuckle and begin to talk.
    Trenya looks across to one of the passengers. Not talking. A nord with three scars across his face. Tove was what he had said his name was?
    "Umm-erm. Tove was it? Don't think you've officially met me. And if you have I'm sorry for a repeat intro. Hahaha I-i-I'm kinda forget-f-ful on long trips or in stressf-ful situ-ations."
    Trenya starts tapping his feet.
    "Phew. Thats better. Haha. I uhh can't sit still for long. It's a thing that runs in my family. Father was jumpy. Especially around caves. But me? I get hyper no matter what! Mother said it's because I'm always thinking. She said "If you think about everything, soon you'll have nothing left to think about" Don't know if she's right but hey whatever."
    Trenya pulls a bottle of mead out of his bag.
    "Want some?"

Ajones2323

The Black Knight
    With the speed at which the young Breton spoke, Tove had to raise his heavy head just to keep up with what Trenya was firing at him. Tove hadn't enough time to respond until at least he took a breath pulling out a bottle of mead, asking if he wanted some. How ironic he thought, " I will take some, thanks." After sitting in relative silence Tove asked Trenya " So what's a youngin like you doing fighting these things? I was eighteen before I joined the guard back in Bruma. I can't imagine you being that age yet? So what do you get outta fighting for these people?"

Ri'tai The Wordsmith

Khaaz dovah of the highest level.
    Ri'tai attempted to show thanks, but, as if the body wasn't his, instead of the head nodding, or any other forms of communication he was about to attempt, he purred. Inside he groaned. 'Could Ri'tai embarrass himself more?' He thought 'Oh yeah! He could walk to Jarl elisif, the most important woman in all of skyrim, and lick her face. In fact, seeing his current situation, Ri'tai probably would.'
    One of his captors cackled, and Ri'tai felt a huge surge of anger enter his mind, and decide. No matter who he had to kill, no matter how many lizards got in his way, no matter how many spells they put on him, he would stop this invasion. Maybe, as his argonian friend said, he could use this new found talent to his advantage.

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
    Trenya looks at the nord.
    (Bruma. Wheres Bruma?)
    "18 you say? I'll be 17 in a few months if that counts. Yes I agree I'm quiet young. My father traveled at this age after an accident in the family. So he thought if he was ready at my age then so should his son."
    Trenya smiles to the nord. "I'm a treasure hunter. Thought I join to see more of the empire. Plus it's not good for buisness to have giants snakes eating the customers"
    The other nords in the carriage give him a scornful look.
    "But thats just a rumor. Only cannibals eat people. I doubt these snakes are as tough as they'rer all cracked up to be. I'm sure us men of Skyrim can show these snakes not to mess with us!"
    Trenya pauses and sips the mead.
    "Bruma. Thats a nord name. But it's not been on any skyrim maps i've seen where is it?"

Ajones2323

The Black Knight
    "Oh it isn't from Skyrim, no. It's to the south in Cyrodill.", Tove managed to say after whipping from the young one. "Not a bad Province before the whole Civil war broke out and the Dominion started causing trouble." Tove didn't hate Elves, but when it came to the Aldmeri Dominion something sparked a rage the likes he had never felt before. He could feel his demeanor starting to harden just thinking about it. Knowing this he forced a grin and took another gulp of the surprisingly strong mead.

The fact that this kid had stronger mead than a battle-hardened veteran made him chuckle, and he thought that he may have had too much too fast. After all it had been at least a week since he could indulge himself in real drinking. Having a low tolerance undoubtedly made Tove a little embarrassed. A bellowing belch sounded from him at that moment and a since of relief and, the release of pressure on his stomach gave him more room to down the rest of the mead with ease. After an "Ahhh", and another belch, Tove finally asked, "What's this stuff called?"

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
    Trenya smiled.
    "Ahh a favorite of my dad. It doesn't have a name. And dad only said this about his past"
    Trenya looked at the nord and smiled.
    "I come from a clan son. A proud clan of bretons that lived in peace in the northern reaches of Highrock.
    It was there that we made everything by ourselves. Food, medicine, Money, Drink" Trenya flashes the bottle around now telling the story to all the looking warriors in the cart.
    "We were a proud clan. A strong clan. A feared clan! We were what Brets were ment to be! But your father... Your father made a horrible mistake. And your clan of brets died It was my fault they perished. So I owe it to them... We owe it to them to start anew, son it is for you to carry on our proud name. To show those who walk near you that we are proud and not weak little politicians like all the high and mighty elves think we are. See father hated elves I could care less about them. All the same to me."
    Trenya coughs
    "Returning to the story. Son. I want you to take this dagger. Take it and explore. Make skyrim your home for she is our country now. And we will defend her with and until our dying breath!"
    A few passengers in the carriage clap as others just muble and take in the story.
    "So. Umm yeah thats where the mead came from."
    Trenya pulls out another bottle.
    "More? Haha I'm done for the night. But I hear you nords can drink!"
    Trenya hands the bottle to a Nord sitting next to him. "Here plenty for everyone. Father makes the stuff himself now. thought about starting a meadery."

OldLace

Mum-mra was unsure of this whole situation. Her companion now seemed incapable of regular speech, a confounding situation indeed. But she supposed that as long as he spoke snake-demon, she would accept his lack of true communication. And after all, she'd spent enough time with Khajiiti hatchlings to know what their sounds meant. And the little rumble, a purr, was surely a sign of agreement. She could work with that. She'd had worse.

She nearly tripped over herself as she and Ri'tai were shoved into yet another room; this one however was lit to show its function as a small kitchen. The countertops were layered in wooden plates, cutlery, and animal carcasses; no doubt purloined from the royal pantry or wherever the nord jarls stored their foods. The argonian looked over at Ri'tai bemusedly, one studded eyebrow raised as she settled her feathers. Did the demons mean to make them cooks? She had expected menial labor, surely, but she did not have any idea what their hissing language meant.

...Although... every few words did ring a bell in her head, some dusty memory that must not have been very exciting tickling the back of her skull. Dragon tongue! She thought, now even more confused. Well, the entire language certainly wasn't draconic, but certainly she recognized very few of the words they spat. With effort, the cogs in her head started turning. Perhaps the beasts used the tinvaak to create spells, at a long range? She glanced back at the scarred symbols on her companion's back, trying to put the pieces together. Perhaps... well, for lack of a better term, perhaps the demons could enchant the thu'um into objects and symbols, as the dragons could. That would certainly explain the strange spell on the jade cuffs she wore. She tried to get a better look at the brand Ri'tai had recieved before she met him, but was pulled back by one of the demons, hissing.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts