OOC The Time of the Ancients

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Who shall win this war?

• The Atmorans

Votes: 3 15.0%
    • The Falmer

Votes: 6 30.0%
    • The Dwemer

Votes: 7 35.0%
    • The Chimer

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
    Sorry I haven't replied, cut my finger pretty badly

Mini Mongo

I just read the post but I gotta point out something that everyone is doing. Why is it that all of the Factions seem to know exactly what everyone is? On my post I said that there are rumors about them, but no one knows what they are (the atmorans) but with everyone else they seem to suddenly know everything about each other.
    And bout Morgans post, which was bloody brilliant but annoying. We are trying to stick to as much lore as possible, and then Pelinal attacks Dwemer and knows what they are???? Please could you edit out the attack, and make it seem like you don't know what they actually are or perhaps not event their name.
    P.S the Snow Elves are referred to as Falmer during this

Morganatic

Kinetically-Interlinked Nirnian Multi-User Exoform
    Attacked Nchadahrk, a Dwemer enclave, and left messages that the Dwemer would find implicating the Falmer in its destruction. Pelinal's main plan isn't to Kill All Elves, at least not for a good while yet, but the more that the the Merethic Elven civilisations distrust and fear one another, the better it is for him. Note also that he's been at pains to isolate himself from Atmoran high command, by being a colossal jackass and alienating all of them to the point where they basically send him off scouting to make him go away. He's basically acting as a privateer in this capacity - working with Atmoran interests (loosely) at heart, but not actually involving them in a formally constituted war, because he's a deniable asset.

I can certainly change it, if that's still right for your vision of the game, though.

Mini Mongo

Yeah it kinda doesn't seem right that these Amotrans, knew to what was supposed to be an unknown land have just arrived at this place, and are already causing plops. Perhaps later on but leave it for the moment please, sorry if I seemed ratty btw.
    And yeah please do change it, awesome post though

Morganatic

I just read the post but I gotta point out something that everyone is doing. Why is it that all of the Factions seem to know exactly what everyone is? On my post I said that there are rumors about them, but no one knows what they are (the atmorans) but with everyone else they seem to suddenly know everything about each other.
    And bout Morgans post, which was bloody brilliant but annoying. We are trying to stick to as much lore as possible, and then Pelinal attacks Dwemer and knows what they are???? Please could you edit out the attack, and make it seem like you don't know what they actually are or perhaps not event their name.
    P.S the Snow Elves are referred to as Falmer during this

Ah, OK, I'll have to re-think the post considerably then - deleting it, then rewriting it (probably some time tomorrow, since I'm not up to another all nighter right now). I'm not sure the post breaks lore in any practical way - remember that this would not be the first time Pelinal uses words and anachronistic names for things (see the bit about Reman Cyrodil) - but I'm sure I can come up with something.

Many apologies to Conquers too, in that case, since his post was reacting to mine!

Mini Mongo

No that's totally fine, you didn't say you knew exactly what they were. It's just if you're gonna do a post like that, tell me please! I feel kind of bad saying this but it doesn't seem right sorry

Morganatic

Actually, to be honest, I think I'll probably be redoing with a new character (still Atmoran, though, so we don't unbalance the numbers). Pelinal's shticks (as I described in the character card, and in the Song of Pelinal) are his madness-inspired future visions, and his 'bigger picture' loathing of Elves of all kinds that drive him to join his cause with Mannish wars against the Mer (the 500 Companions, and later the Alessian Revolt/battle between the Knights of the Nine and of Umaril). Since both of those seem to be wrong for this game ... :confused:

Don't worry, I'll come up with something more fitting tomorrow!

Mini Mongo

Okay that's totally fine.
    So honestly guys remember the natives of Merath (Dwemer, Chimer and Falmer) no nothing about the Atmorans, and they no nothing about the natives.
    Not there names, tongues, even if they actually exist so please in your posts say that it is all led by rumors if they exist.
    The only Factions that know each other are the Falmer because they spied on the Atmorans, but they think they are just Colonists, suspected to be Atmorans but no proof.
    And the Atmorans saw the Falmer, but had no idea who they are

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    If anyone knows anyone invite them to be a Chimer with me :) Also CHIM post plz?

Morganatic

OK, new character concept forming. Mongo/Cazzer, which Atmoran clan is most associated with trade? I imagine that even if you don't know what people are like on the other side of a great ocean, one of the first human impulses (judging by Earth's history) seems to be to try to sell them junk (me, I call it treasure) at the most exorbitant prices, and pillage them in the marketplace, rather than on the battlefield - got a character idea who ought to work with that.

And, as for the obligatory bit of obscure elder scrolls background I must include in each character? Well, let's just say that, by lore, one of the first things that the Atmorans and Ysgramor do on arriving in Tamriel is bury a rather disturbing, dream-influencing artefact, that has rather an interesting background lineage. May or may not have anything to do with the avatar change.

cazzer14

Guess who's back...
    I'd have said either Clan Selid or Clan Enylin.

Morganatic

Whoop whoop, here's the new character - hope she can play more nicely with the RP! And yeah, Mongo - the mysterious thing that's drawing Kinei southwards is what the Winterhold College of Mages would later identify as the Eye of Magnus. Quite what it is is unclear, and we're unlikely to get to the point in the chronology when Ysgramor does seal whatever it is under Saarthal, but this works as an interesting point from which to start looking, and makes an interesting place to start patterning her abilities off. First post will be coming up pending approval by OP!

BASIC DETAILS

O9xVY.png

Full Name: Kinei Muna
    Nicknames/Aliases: 'The Witch of Beaten Metal'
    Sex/Gender: Female
    Sexuality: Prefers women's company.

Race: Atmoran
    Day of Birth: 16th of First Seed
    Birthsign: The Serpent
    Afflictions: Anaemia

Birthplace: Atmora
    Current Residence: Hsaarik Head
    Affiliation: The Atmoran Colonist Fleet, Clan Enylin

COMBAT DETAILS

Major Skills:
    ◦ Thaumaturgy
    ◦ Alchemy
    ◦ Speechcraft
    ◦ Mercantile
    Minor Skills:
    ◦ Unarmoured
    ◦ Smithing
    ◦ Enchantment
    ◦ Restoration

Non-combat skills:
    ◦ Canny trader
    ◦ Linguist
    ◦ Student of exotic and esoteric mystic traditions from Atmora.

Gear:
    ◦ Literally thousands of small, valuable trade goods worked into her clothing and hair - easily enough to sustain a trade mission on what she carries on her person.
    ◦ blessed stahlrim dagger.
    ◦ heavy feathered robes.
    ◦ portable set of alchemy equipment.

School(s) of Magic: Thaumaturgy
    Preferred Spells: Ghostly Form, Star-Curse, limited prognostication and divinatory ability. Her magic tends to manifest itself in strange ways, taking on odd, geometric forms and arcane shapes. Learned machinists might recognise them as gears, pistons, wire, and other machined forms, but to her, they're merely the geometric expressions of higher principles.

BIOGRAPHICAL DETAILS

Appearance: Kinei is a short, dumpy Atmoran woman, who goes to great lengths to make sure that that's all she's ever seen as. Her heavy woollen outer robes are of common manufacture, and what small adornments she does adopt - braided hair, and a mantle of raven-feathers - hardly mark her out as a member of the Atmoran nobility. Indeed, the strange green-blude birthmark around her eyes, together with their worrying tendency to glow in the dark, would usually have got her exiled, sent to the Selidi, or enthralled at the lowest rank of Enyli society - they're not the kind of thing one would expect to see on a high-ranking Atmoran.

She can't entirely hide her nobility, though. With every step she takes, she jingles; a heavy metallic sound that can only betoken wealth. Beneath her drab outer robe, she is bedizened with a Jarl's ransom in treasure and trade goods. Fragments of top-quality soul gem hang from a shirt of electrum chain mail, each link a finely worked masterwork of the alloyer's craft; alchemical reagents and bone-shards from prehistoric hist-beasts are braided into her lank hair. This display of bling isn't deliberately ostentatious or gaudy, at least by Atmoran standards. Inter-clan negotiations value honesty and forthrightness, and, heavy-laden with treasures as she is, Kinei can certainly look the part of a trade-speaker for Clan Enylin. Besides, having so much wealth on her person is a safety measure - she's had to abandon enough caravans due to ambush or animal attack that she's learned the only way to keep her goods safe is to wear them - all of them.

Personality: It's the fluidity of Kinei's personality that makes her so dangerous, and has made her so successful as an Enyli clanswoman.

On the one hand, she is a mystic. Practitioners of the Art are usually scorned in Atmoran society, and exiled to the Enyli. Kinei has avoided this fate, partly by means of her skills at politicking, but mostly by speaking truth, intepreting dreams, and dispensing wisdom to those around her. She follows a subtle creed, barely recognisable to her fellow Atmorans, that hails ancient and future star-gods rather than Kyne, Jhunal, Shor and the other stalwarts of the Mannish pantheon; but her quiet way with words and flashes of insight are admired by the others of her clan, and have won her respect. She knows to be discreet with her magic, and as such, the witch hunters and inquisitors of the Enyli know to turn a blind eye to her work.

At the same time, she's a shrewd trader and negotiator - utterly ruthless and pragmatic in her dealings with the other clans, able to rake in more plunder over a market stall than a whole company of Ysgramor's finest thanes could take in a month's raiding. She has no qualms about swindling her rivals out of gold, cattle, and land, and is capable of doing so while convincing them that it's just what they want.

It's these two skills that have made Kinei Muna a well-respected member of the Enyli, and they only become more formidable when paired together. She can slip from truth-teller to trade-speaker in the blink of an eye and back again, and others can never quite be sure in which guise she approaches them. She joined up with the Atmoran colonist fleet not out of any sense of persecution - the growing civil war was the source of a tidy profit, after all - but rather because new frontiers meant new opportunities to trade. Beyond rumours of strange machinist-beings and golden-skinned volcano-dwelling humans, she has no idea of what she'll find, but she knows that whoever, whatever they are - she'll be able to make a profit off them.

Except - except that's not the only thing drawing her to Merath. Kinei Muna has only heard the voice of her gods in dreams, believes in them as abstract beings, beyond the stars. But that's not quite true. Beneath the ice of the Winter's Hold Glacier, a fragment of her god awaits. It slumbers, but even in its sleep it calls to her, drawing her inexorably to it. As she gets closer, it eats away at her mind, penetrating her dreams and drawing her into its spell. There are forces on Nirn beyond Aedra and Daedra, and they don't always slumber peacefully.

Skyrimosity

I like it, cool character, a trading Witch Noble badass XD
    I shall add this character to the list
    So... ummm... how long 'til that Falmer meeting of yours starts? 'Tis what I am waiting for to do my next post

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings