OOC The Time of the Ancients

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Who shall win this war?

• The Atmorans

Votes: 3 15.0%
    • The Falmer

Votes: 6 30.0%
    • The Dwemer

Votes: 7 35.0%
    • The Chimer

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    What about Cazzeroles? :D Or Mongoids?

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    What about Cazzeroles? :D Or Mongoids?

Cazzeroles sounds good... I cannot decide! Let's have Crayonman decide. Oh, wait, I know! They'll be named after the nickname of one of the members (not neccesarily the leader)! Nedes: Gibberans. Dwemer: Conqites. Chimer: Meeblings. Falmer: Crayonoles.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    I like Cazzerols, I think that is what I am going to call Cazzer from now on. Cazzerol :D

cazzer14

Guess who's back...
    Cazzerol sounds like some kind of medicine, or a bleach brand XD

MR-WIKI-96

I know all! I am the WIKI!
    Wiki: I think that Nerevar and Dumac, along with their advisors, should have a meeting after a little while. So we can engage in all that fancy diplomacy stuff ;)

I agree, we will do that soon meeb. :)

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings

Morganatic

Kinetically-Interlinked Nirnian Multi-User Exoform
    OK, been released ~for a little bit~, but they said they might want me back later. That was helpful!

Pelinal Whitestrake
    'O Aka, for our shared madness I do this! I watch you watching me watching back! Umaril dares call us out, for that is how we made him!'
    Full Name: Pelinal Whitestrake
    Nicknames/Aliases: the Divine Crusader, the Star-Made Knight, Pelinal the Insurgent, Pelinal the Second, Pelinal the Bloodthirster.
    Sexuality: sublimated under waves of murderous hatred and aggression.

Race: Cyro-Nord/Ada/'insane collective swarmfoam war-fractal from the future'
    Day of Birth: 20th of Sun's Height
    Birthsign: The Serpent.
    Afflictions: Psychological wreck.

Birthplace: Jaroon, First City of the North
    Current Residence: standing on the bow of Ysgramor's ship, the Jorrvaskr, trying to persuade himself not to leap into the sea and swim the rest of the way. LRKHN damn it, these rowers are slow, he could practically KILL them.
    Affiliation: Lorkhan, humanity, Ysgramor, in that order.

Combat Details

Major Skills:
    - Long blade
    - Heavy armour
    - Blunt
    - Block

Minor Skills
    - Speechcraft
    - Armourer
    - Thaumaturgy

Non-combat skills
    - Charismatic orator, so long as he's trying to rouse hatred in people
    - Surprising adept religious scholar, well-versed in the theology of Wheel and Tower
    - Terrifying insanity, with vision-prophecies that seem to tear knowledge from future events. Wilfully bad strategist and tactician.

Gear
    Pelinal bears the Arms of the Crusader - a set of full plate mail, a shield, a sword, and a mace. All are of unfamiliar construction and aspect, and all are forged from Cintamani, an exotic crystalline metal unknown in Tamriel. All bear minor enchantments, but their true strength lies in the fact that they exist in perfect communion with his body, and he moves in them more easily than an ordinary human would in their skin. Beneath his armour - and so very seldom seen - his chest is torn open, and the fell glare of the Chim-el Adabal shines from between his ribs. He possibly also has a laser hand, but that might just be hearsay.

Magic
    Pelinal has little time for magic, but, as befits a possible god-guiser, is capable of performing a number of miraculous feats regarding time (he can, for example, restore his broken armour or weapons by abjuring them back into their past states) and space (during the early Second Era, he would/has already develop the power to 'devour land', consigning it to the Void and wounding the fabric of Nirn). These are extremely draining to him, though, and don't hold quite the same satisfaction as hewing someone apart with a sword.

History
    Pelinal's history is confused, and confusing. Sorcerers, warriors and thieves bearing the mantle of Pelinal, of Shezarr, or Lorkhan have emerged across the entire history of Nirn and Mundus. They have conquered lands, ruled territories, slain mighty foes, before disappearing. Pelinals have been
    sighted travelling among the Five Hundred Companions of Ysgramor, spearheading the Alessian Slave-Rebellion, fighting half-divine ghosts at the time of the Oblivion Crisis, and holding the gates against KINMUNE and the Digital House during the Ninth Era. 'Pelinal' would seem to be a constant that impinges upon the flow of time in complex, often non-linear ways.

But what of our Pelinal? What of the Pelinal currently standing astride the prow of the Skaal, the longship picking its way around the treacherous northern coast of Vvardenfell, angrily exhorting his crew to row harder?

He's a little less mysterious - but only a little. This Pelinal was found in the ruins of Skaftavos, a small Kjoorladi stead that had mysteriously been burnt to the ground. His armour - a strange and wondrous sight to the the Selidi explorers who found him - was blackened with soot and ash, and was so hot from the flames that the snow boiled beneath his every step, but the being within was unharmed. The Selidi were fearful of this outlandishly attired creature, thinking him a ghost or demon - a fact that his ranting curses about 'Umaril and his whoreson Ehlnofey bastards' did little to assuage. After a time, though, his clearly human aspect - together with the fact that he doggedly stalked them across Atmora for several weeks, without attacking them - led to their taking the frostbitten, malnourished warrior in. He soon returned to full health, and joined first the Selidi, and then Ysgramor's fan, as a military advisor and fighter. In both roles, he acquitted himself admirably, if a little over-zealously, constantly counselling violent expansion, and egging on the conflict with the Kjoorladi. When Atmora became a little too dangerous for him, he left, rather pleased at his handiwork, with his ostensible commander, Lord Ysgramor.

Pelinal has joined the Atmoran colonists in their journey across the Sea of Ghosts, and sails to a war that many of his comrades don't even know they'll fight. He's come to defend those he sails with, of course - but more than anything, he has come to render a judgement upon the Dwemer, Falmer, and Chimer. Upon the Dwemer, for the past blasphemies they have already committed in their experiments upon the Heart, each twinge of which he can feel within his own breast; upon the Falmer, for the present threat they pose to his people, in their sacrilegious war-like ways; and upon the Chimer (wait - that word seems wrong upon his lips. Obselete …) for a profanement of the Heart that will not take place for a thousand years, that he can't quite put his finger on, but whose echoes run from the Dragon's mouth to the tip of its tail. The Divine Crusader sails to war.

Personality:

Pelinal is a terrifying avenging angel, a spirit sent by near-forgotten gods to clear a path through history for humanity, to scatter and dismay its foes, and to desecrate the temples of rival gods. He is, also, quite mad. Some small measure of madness is to be expected of one such as him - heroes and Hortators tend not to be the sanest of their people and with good reason. It takes small departures from the path of careful reason and forethought to achieve the greater deeds of myth and legend, but Pelinal left 'small departures' behind aeons ago. He exists with but one purpose - the destruction of any threat to humanity - and, indeed, was born for such a fate, from the razor-sharp facets of the Chim-el Adabal. This singularity of mind and spirit gives him a decidely narrow world view, and one that has little room in it for anything but murder, blood, and fire. Even what clear purpose is left within his head muddled, confused by the raging tumult in his soul - sired by both Anuic stasis and Padomaic change, Pelinal is ever plagued by contradictory impulses and visions. To the untrained eye, this looks like madness, and, Pelinal's wild claims to the contrary, the untrained eye is probably right - but he can usually direct this wild bloodlust and rage, if not limit or control it.

The stability of the Divine Crusader's sundered mind is only worsened by his chronological inconsistency. He does not clearly remember what is in his past, in Nirn's future, but snatches of memory filter back into his waking mind, alternately aiding and tormenting him with visions of future victories and defeats. These fragments often fade away before he can catch them and hold them, but every so often, he catches hold of a deeper, lasting Truth, that stays with him. This waking-dream-like state makes him even more unstable, bathing all that he sees and does in a maddening mythopoeic haze of possible futures and pasts.

It is worth noting, however, that Pelinal mantles his spiritual father in more ways than simply as an insane destroyer and vindicator; he is just as much Lorkhan-Trickster and Lorkhan-Saviour as Lorkhan-Vengeful-Martyr. As Trickster, Pelinal is cunning, deceitful, and cruel, and whether by barbed and frothing words or by unseen subterfuge is adept at sowing the seeds of kinstrife among his foes, infecting them with a spark of his own madness and inspiring them to rash and thoughtless action. He's even capable of supressing his universal bloodlust entirely (well, almost entirely), and creating a near-perfect simulacrum of near-perfect manners - for a time, at least. Pelinal is also Lorkhan-as-Saviour - he fights the foes of humanity, but his hate stems from a greater love and care for the fledgling humanity, and a desire to see it prosper. He loves the legions he was created to fight for - aye, love! love! - and displays a fierce commitment to justice and, more than anything, to freedom. This love doesn't always translate into care for any particular human - often , he loathes those under his command nearly as much as he hates his foes, for their failure to be what they could fully be - but for those that win his trust, he will be compassionate, loving, and kind.

MR-WIKI-96

Brilliant character card Morgan! :D

I think a round of applause is in order. :) (Not in sarcasm)

Morganatic

Cheers all! :D

Can I make my opening post now, Mongo? Like a complete and utter nerdlord I got most of it typed up on my phone while I was waiting for surgery, so it's nearly ready to go!

Morganatic

So yeah, Pelinal is kind of a monster. Hope the raid on Nchardahrk was OK - it's a fairly minor tower in a contested area, and this was more a showcasing of Pelinal's military approach that he won't be able to repeat every time.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Hey, would you guys mind slowing down a bit so CHIM can respond on the Chimer end of things. If you continue at this pace we will be really far behind in things.

cazzer14

Guess who's back...
    Guys, what's happened with the other RPs, like Darkest of Days and TIoD. DoD hasn't had a post since 27th of September, and ToID is slowing down a lot

MR-WIKI-96

Guys, what's happened with the other RPs, like Darkest of Days and TIoD. DoD hasn't had a post since 27th of September, and ToID is slowing down a lot

I'm waiting for Morgan to reply to my question in the DoD OOC.

Hey Mongo. Reiss is waiting for you to reply to TIoD.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts