The stupidest thing you ever did in Skyrim?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Annageckos

I was running around the tundra around Whiterun as a werewolf for the first time, really letting loose. I didn't have any plans, just howling and running. Next thing you know I fall into a pit trap and die... You have got to be kidding me. Only pit trap and I run, full speed, into it.

Panda Rawrlord

Herald of Panda-Monium
The first time I ventured through Shroud Hearth Barrow I saved milliseconds before a spike wall trap killed me.

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
A buttload of life. Plus he has mega health regen, so after he's run away, 3 seconds later he's back out there
I guess I need to start carting around Shadowmere then! Followers can get ridiculously annoying..

Sun&Moon

Something that happens to me all the time is I have just used dragonrend to bring a dragon down to my level, and I am going to summon my all powerful dremora lords to help me take it down. But I summon Arvok instead. It happens almost every time I fight a dragon.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Sometimes, when I play Morrowind and Skyrim interchangeably, I get the buttons for both games mixed up. Several times in both games I have jumped at an item I meant to pick up or bounced in front an NPC I meant to talk to. Or in Morrowind's case, brought up the character menu in the middle of a tough battle when I thought that that was the button for blocking.

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Sometimes, when I play Morrowind and Skyrim interchangeably, I get the buttons for both games mixed up. Several times in both games I have jumped at an item I meant to pick up or bounced in front an NPC I meant to talk to. Or in Morrowind's case, brought up the character menu in the middle of a tough battle when I thought that that was the button for blocking.

I've done that with Oblivion vs. Skyrim. I've set my controls to more or less match in both games to the extent possible, but it still gets confusing when I press number-pad 1 (Skyrim: main menu) to pull up my main menu in Oblivion (hard-coded to Escape and unchangeable at least not without screwing with the .ini's), or number-pad 3 (Skyrim: skills/magic/items/map interface) to pull up my inventory in Oblivion (hard-coded to F and unchangeable).

kirak95197

Writer
The stupidest thing I've done was probably within the first two hours of me owning the game, just running around on a character I was messing up on purpose. I decided to kill that priest in Whiterun, not the really annoying one but the one inside, than I tried the no witnesses thing and tried to kill the female priest for a half an hour before realizing she had a quest and could not be killed.​

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
My biggest bonehead moment was right after a vary long battle with a Dragon Priest and his Drauger Death Lord buddies I realized Lydia had died. Somehow when I went to load a file from right before the fight I saved over it.

Or after I had been playing Fallout for awhile. There was one of those random vampire attacks in Whiterun I thought I was hitting the button to activate the V.A.T.S. But instead I Fus Roh Daded about six people and then I got beat to death by the cities entire population.

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
Can't say it's the stupidest thing I've done but something I keep doing is opening containers that say "empty". I can't stop myself!

On a dumber note I once made a long, daring, and complex escape from the city dungeon... only to realize after I got out I had left all my stuff in the evidence chest. "Fus DOH ra!"

Wildroses

Oh man, where to start?

For some reason, I can't stop killing horses. I have a tendency to walk off the roads and around rough terrain. After killing three horses, and having to reload the quest in which you steal Frost seven times before successfully bringing him alive to Louis, I decided horses weren't for me. I'd heard Shadowmere was insanely strong, so I did try again with her, but within a couple of hours I made her jump off a too high leap and killed her as well. I understand killing the almighty Shadowmere is something you have to be really stupid to do.

A more recent one invovles spending 14:59 harvesting every single mushroom in Halldir's Cairn, looting every single body and chest, and fighting all the monsters. Then I saw a big trap door which lead all the way down to the bottom and thought: "Oh cool, there is the lever, I'll just jump down and I don't have to walk..." My auto-save is set to every fifteen minutes, so to add insult to injury when I re-spawned I instantly saw the autosave message.

ShoCh

I lost, sold or stored a Dragon Priest Mask and never found it again so didn't have the complete set when I needed it. I went to each store, every previous follower and all my houses to search for it - but it was nowhere to be found. :sadface:

Another silly thing I did actually turned into quite a cool challenge. This happened a while ago so forgive me if the details seem a bit sketchy - I am relying on my memory, which is pretty rubbish at the best of times...

I was supposed to be meeting Ulfric outside Solitude and so I fast travelled to the Blue Palace (without realising that Solitude was in siege mode) and before I could leave through the main gates to meet him and begin the fight, I got arrested (can't remember why or how it happened). Rather than just reload to where I first entered at the Blue Palace, I decided that I may as well try for the Wanted Trophy and break out of jail.

I went through the secret passage and found the chest that was conveniently placed in front of a hole in the wall but do you think I could get that lock picked to get all my gear back? I had pretty good lock picking skills but I only had one lockpick and this wasn't a one pick job.

I decided to leave through the trapdoor and go to my house in Solitude to get some things to sell at one of the stores so I could buy some more lockpicks and then go back into the prison and get all of my enchanted armour and weapons (which I knew I would need for the upcoming battle).

Of course when I left through the trapdoor, the game autosaved and I found myself in the middle of a siege and I was the only Stormcloak that side of the gates of Solitude (Ulfric and the other Stormcloaks were on the other side awaiting my arrival). I couldn't fast travel out because there were enemies everywhere - and here I was, wearing a sack with not a weapon to my name.

I eventually made it to Proudspire Manor (I think I shouted my way through) and took basic armour from the mannequins and some weapons from the display cabinets (none of this stuff was enchanted or smithed up - they were for display purposes only!). I couldn't sell any of it to buy lockpicks because none of the stores were open for business anyway.

I somehow made it to the gates of Solitude wearing my inferior armour and carrying my close to useless weapons. On the other side I had to listen to Ulfric rabbiting on and rallying the troops while I stood there thinking that the moment that I had been building up to - my hour of glory - was going to be nigh on impossible without my best weapons and armour.

BIGwooly

On my first character I spent hours and hours and hours trying to reach a treasure from a treasure map. I had mistakenly thought it was on the side of the throat of the world. So I literally spent hours and hours trying to climb down from the very top to spots where I thought it was. I fell to my death multiple times.

And then, after much frustration, I realized the treasure was on the mountain south of Whiterun, not on the throat of the world. So I went to get it. My frustration was rewarded with the treasure not being there ... glitched. I had to look it up online to find out it's a common glitch, lol.

xReese

So the other day I was playing skyrim, and I thought to myself "I'm finally on level 30, I should be able to defeat a giant now >:O". K`so I went up to a giant and hit it a few times with my weapon, then I got scared and ran away, but then it followed me, and then hit me so hard I flew up in the air .-.

Hotty Squirrel

GENOCIDE JUNKIE!
i was riding on my horse to a Stormcloak camp and then i got off my horse and as soon as my feet touch the ground my horse goes flying 100 feet away from my location and off a giant cliff... i was like "really".. so i had to reload it but i was laughing too because he almost did it a second time, his feet flew off the ground but slowly he came back down. Another one was blindly running through a cave and always hitting every trap there was my first play through, i was so mad hitting the traps for spikes, arrows/darts, a spiked wall, and the mammoth skull falling on me -_-" not a fun time but i manage to reload and kill everything there. Or thinking you can take a guy with a 2 handed weapon and once they get your health halfway they KO you one hit, i get so pissed every time that happens

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
i was riding on my horse to a Stormcloak camp and then i got off my horse and as soon as my feet touch the ground my horse goes flying 100 feet away from my location and off a giant cliff... i was like "really".. so i had to reload it but i was laughing too because he almost did it a second time, his feet flew off the ground but slowly he came back down. Another one was blindly running through a cave and always hitting every trap there was my first play through, i was so mad hitting the traps for spikes, arrows/darts, a spiked wall, and the mammoth skull falling on me -_-" not a fun time but i manage to reload and kill everything there. Or thinking you can take a guy with a 2 handed weapon and once they get your health halfway they KO you one hit, i get so pissed every time that happens
Since when can horses enter caves?

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
Pretty sure there is no mention of a horse being in a cave in the post.
Oh, I misinterpreted "Another one was blindly running through a cave" as another horse, not another stupid thing.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts