The Stormcloaks are in Control now. So?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Well, went through the Civil War Questline and now the Stormcloaks are in control.

So? Nothing has really changed at all.

I know Ulrich is up to something since (in the conversation after his little speech) he indicated that his being the new High King is a foregone conclusion. If nothing more comes of the storyline, then it really was rather pointless.

On another note though: I was instructed to take out Imperials when I ran across their camps (no problem dude!), but I can never kill their legate. I beat 'em down and they come back, beat 'em down and they come back... Sheesh. It's gotten to the point where I just kill everyone in the camp except him, steal him blind. Pickpocket everything off of him and leave. It's getting kind of tedious.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
The civil war questline was a joke, to be honest. The biggest effects that resulted from the civil war is a few rubble piles in Solitude (or Windhelm, if you sided Imperials), the change of Jarls and guards in the holds that belonged to the opposite side (expect Solitude stays under Elisif no matter what), and the losing side having camps in every hold.

It's a pretty pointless questline, I agree.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I truly hate essential NPCs. I don't even know why Legates are essential. I suppose since they're quest givers. But, all of them?

I believe I've finished the Civil War quests twice, once for each side. That was a long time and many characters ago. Like most things (including the main quest) there's not much point. Once it's done, it's business as usual and you barely notice anything happened at all.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
The city battles were kinda fun though, I just wish they would've had one for every city makes no sense that if you take a fort halfway across the hold that the enemy is just going to up and leave the city.

The thing that bugged me the most was it wasn't very rewarding, you have almost single handedly ended a civil war and what do you get some BS leveled gear once and awhile and the loser's threads. Which btw no self respecting Legionare is going to walk around dressed like Ulfric :D. the reverse is worst a true Stormcloak isn't going to strut around with the Imperial Sigil on his chest....but meh.

Pretty Vampires

Bunny Foo Foo
There should've been serious rewards to the whole thing. Your character single-handedly wins a war, and all you get is Ulfric and Tullius kissing your ass.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
There should've been serious rewards to the whole thing. Your character single-handedly wins a war, and all you get is Ulfric and Tullius kissing your ass.

Hardly that, even.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
My Buddy Pelagio Died as well :/

Riften Guard

Bad Thief
On another note though: I was instructed to take out Imperials when I ran across their camps (no problem dude!), but I can never kill their legate. I beat 'em down and they come back, beat 'em down and they come back... Sheesh. It's gotten to the point where I just kill everyone in the camp except him, steal him blind.

The empire has immortals on it's side. This is why Imperials are the best.

It's the same way for the stormcloak officers, though. The only thing the stormcloaks have us beat in is memes about themselves. Observe.

image.jpg

ShangTsung

Well, went through the Civil War Questline and now the Stormcloaks are in control.

So? Nothing has really changed at all.

I know Ulrich is up to something since (in the conversation after his little speech) he indicated that his being the new High King is a foregone conclusion. If nothing more comes of the storyline, then it really was rather pointless.

On another note though: I was instructed to take out Imperials when I ran across their camps (no problem dude!), but I can never kill their legate. I beat 'em down and they come back, beat 'em down and they come back... Sheesh. It's gotten to the point where I just kill everyone in the camp except him, steal him blind. Pickpocket everything off of him and leave. It's getting kind of tedious.
omfg i know how you feel, that is soooooo fvckin annoying! even when there's no more tie in with him to the story what-so-ever it STILL won't let you kill that bastard! why??? it makes NO freakin sense! i get so damn aggravated at that.. :mad:

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Calling in Odaviing to roast Stormcloaks alive at the battle of Windhelm was reward enough. Taking Galmar as a dead-thrall was icing on the cake. He was so good at following Ulfric around, I figured I could put his natural talents to better use.

I felt like the bloody hero of legend, with a dragon burning the city even as I stormed the gates.

ShangTsung

Calling in Odaviing to roast Stormcloaks alive at the battle of Windhelm was reward enough. Taking Galmar as a dead-thrall was icing on the cake. He was so good at following Ulfric around, I figured I could put his natural talents to better use.

I felt like the bloody hero of legend, with a dragon burning the city even as I stormed the gates.
yea whatever imperial.. Ulfric could take you AND that dragon single handedly! ALL HAIL THE STORMCLOAKS!!! :p

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
And herrrreee we go.

annelid

Noob
I am tempted to get the mod that stops the imperial/stormcloak leaders being essential after the war because it does get quite irritating when you come across one of the camps by accident and that one guy won't shut up.

ShangTsung

I am tempted to get the mod that stops the imperial/stormcloak leaders being essential after the war because it does get quite irritating when you come across one of the camps by accident and that one guy won't shut up.
its especially irritating when one of them keeps attacking you cause he witnessed you simply defending yourself against his asshole friends and theirs nothing you can do but run cause the bastard has infinite life..
but unfortunately i don't have the luxary of getting that mod you're speaking of as i play on xbox, i've heard of it and damn i'd love to have it but even with console command modded save transfers it isn't possible on xbox cause mods like that don't stick.. :rolleyes:

Chadonraz

Only after completing the CW for the Stormcloaks did I find out what Legate Whatshisname was doing, standing around in the middle of the plains of Whiterun long before I even picked a side. There's now an Imperial camp there.

Anyway, I completely agree that the war has little effect and consequences. The best part about the questline was Battle of Solitude, which was downright epic. The Imps (xD) just kept coming and coming -- not to mention I died laughing about a dozen times, listening to Ulfric and Galmar. :D
For once Disarm and Fus Ro Dah were not getting used against me. :)

Since Battle for Whiterun, I've noticed that the Imperials transferring prisoner random encounter has definitely gotten more common than it used to be. I honestly freed about ten prisoners during the questline. And the same thing continues even now. Shouldn't I be seeing the opposite; Stormcloaks with Imperial prisoner (which doesn't exist as an encounter), or alternatively no prisoner transferring at all? o_O

Daelon DuLac

Well, I didn't think this would turn in to a +/- conversation about who was better, but, hey, the more the merrier! I think I'll do the Legion next run through. It's just got to be more satisfying that the Stormcloaks (although I do like my home in Windhelm).

Daelon DuLac

Only after completing the CW for the Stormcloaks did I find out what Legate Whatshisname was doing, standing around in the middle of the plains of Whiterun long before I even picked a side. There's now an Imperial camp there.

Anyway, I completely agree that the war has little effect and consequences. The best part about the questline was Battle of Solitude, which was downright epic. The Imps (xD) just kept coming and coming -- not to mention I died laughing about a dozen times, listening to Ulfric and Galmar. :D
For once Disarm and Fus Ro Dah were not getting used against me. :)

Since Battle for Whiterun, I've noticed that the Imperials transferring prisoner random encounter has definitely gotten more common than it used to be. I honestly freed about ten prisoners during the questline. And the same thing continues even now. Shouldn't I be seeing the opposite; Stormcloaks with Imperial prisoner (which doesn't exist as an encounter), or alternatively no prisoner transferring at all? o_O
I kind of like running in to an Imperial camp and slaughtering everybody (hey, I'm a ammoral a**hole anyhow on this character). I just keep beaten down the Legate and go about my business looting.

I too enjoyed the battle for Solitude, although it took me a little bit to figure out how to get to Castle Dour. I actually felt a little bit sorry for the General and his sidekick. I didn't really want to kil lthem, but had to play the character out. Ulfrich and #2 kept talking, talking and talking. I'd like to see where it goes from there, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

I've run in to absolutely no Imperials with prisoners (or even Thalmor's with prisoners) since the storyline came to an end. Of course I tend to go cross country and they stick to the roads. I agree though, you'd think it would be the other way round at this point.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
tumblr_mbhkbxr0Zl1qdb4cxo1_r1_500.gif

There is a change, everyone is unhappy. Just like everyone is happy when the Empire wins, everyone just hates you and the Stormcloaks, especially those Non-Nord merchants in Whiterun who are losing business because the Stormcloaks do not like buying from anyone who isn't a Nord.

More people seem happier with Empire control than Stormcloak. Especially other races, like the Dunmer and Argonian's in Windhelm.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts