The Skyrim Pro Fishing Challenge

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
The Skyrim Pro Fishing Challenge

I've been creating a series of occupation-based roleplaying rulesets for my PS3 "dead is dead" characters, and I recently came up with one that adds some complexity and strategy to fishing. I've turned it into a roleplaying challenge, in case anyone is interested.

Equipment Needed:
2 Buckets
Dagger
Flames Spell
Frostbite Spell
Bait: Butterfly Wings, Blue Butterfly Wings, Luna Moth Wings, Torchbug Thoraxes, Orange/Blue Dartwings (See below for bait usage rules)

Process:
- Set both buckets on the shore next to where you will be fishing.
- In one of the buckets, drop all of the bait you will be using.
- To fish, grab a piece of bait and drop it in the water.
- Dive into the water and search for the fish that corresponds to the type of bait you used.
- Catch the targeted fish, then get back out of the water and drop it in the bucket on the shore.
- Grab another piece of bait and dive back in. Keep repeating the above steps until you've finished your catch for the day.
- If you see and catch another type of fish without dropping the required bait into the water, you have violated Fisherman's Law (see below).
- If you toss bait into the water, dive in, and see that there are no corresponding fish in the area, grab your buckets and bait to head to the next fishing area.

Bait Usage Rules:
Butterfly wings must be used to catch salmon
Blue butterfly wings must be used to catch abacean longfins
Luna moth wings must be used to catch silverside perch
Orange/blue dartwings must be used to catch cyrodilic spadetails
Torchbug thoraxes must be used to catch river bettys

Fisherman's Law:
A fisherman must only catch the type of fish he intended to hunt. If you toss a piece of bait into the water, you must ONLY catch the type of fish you intended to catch. (For example, if you toss a butterfly wing into the water to try and catch some salmon, but you dive in and only see a silverside perch, you cannot catch the perch without violating Fisherman's law). Violations of Fisherman's Law will result in the Curse of the Fisherman, which will render you unable to catch any fish for thirty days.

Carry Limits:
You can only carry as many fish/salmon meat as will fit into one bucket. If you want to catch and carry more fish than that, you must obtain another bucket. No more than three buckets (2 for fish, 1 for bait) may be used at any given time.

Storage:
While fish can be stored in barrels, they should be frozen before being stored for more than 24 hours. Use a frostbite spell to freeze your fish prior to storage. When you remove them from the barrel for sale, use your flames spell to thaw them.

Roleplay ideas:
Sell your salmon to inns or food stands, and sell your exotic fish to alchemy shops. Fish every day of the week, and go questing on weekends. If you want to level crafting, trade your creations (potions, smithed items, etc) for bait and supplies.

Fishing Challenge:
Before joining any guilds or starting the main quest, make a living by doing the following: Catch 100 salmon, 25 silverside perch, 25 river bettys, 25 cyrodillic spadetails, and 25 abacean longfins using the bait and process listed above. Since these totals exceed the carry limits suggested above, use a storage barrel to store your fish, remembering to revisit it at least once every nine days so it doesn't respawn.

Happy Fishing!

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
Lol this is great. I see a PC mod coming out of this as well.

I'm having fun with this so far, but I wish the base values of the fish types were higher. I'm on PS3, so I can't use console commands, but is there a command on the PC version of the game that allows you to change the base value of an item/ingredient?

perkecet

another great one man, one of these days ill try one of these. keep up thinking of creative ways to live somewhat dull skyrim lives! =)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts