• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nightshade

I just finished the short story, A Cabin in the Woods, and really enjoyed it. It reminded me of a spooky campfire tale. Another book I enjoyed recently was The Thief of Virtue. A bit naughty, but it made me giggle.

brandon

also, The Windhelm Letters is pretty deep. Idk if there is a quest or anything connected or if its just a first hand perspective of tha situation it speaks of...Emotional tho to say tha least
i havent found the windhelm letters yet

Nightshade

Oh, and I really love the Bestiary books and the books about the creatures of Skyrim. When bookshelves are glitch-free, I plan to dedicate a whole section to them.

KidneyFail

I liked the locked room. A girl is being taught to lockpick but the teacher isn't happy about how slow she goes. He locks her up in a room with a boxed ancient vampire to speed her up. That isn't even the ending. That books short but crazy awesome. Though I did like the cake and the diamond too.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
I liked the Argonian Account 1-3. I'm also a sucker for historical books

Saozig

Hippy
I am really enjoying the books that come with the Dragonborn DLC. My Dunmer keeps a copy of Deathbrand by her bed at the Raven Rock manor for nighttime reading.

My Bosmer recently picked up Ice and Chitin, a skill book I never bothered to read before. Interesting story.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I really enjoy Thief of Virtue, Chance's Folly, and the Palla books.

EDIT:
And the Lusty Argonian Maid books ;) I find them very amusing.

AS88

Staff member
Chance's Folly and The Red Kitchen Reader are two of my favourites. I've never made a proper library before, I'm too scared I'll lose my collection to a glitch!

Saozig

Hippy
I resurrected my Redguard character tonight and was surprised to find her carrying several skill books. So I read A Hypothetical Treachery and Incident in Necrom, both of which were pretty good stories.

Ivory

Let's Player
My personal two favorites are The Red Kitchen Reader and that book by the gourmet. I'm a bit of a culinary freak~

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
My favourite book is The Red Kitchen Reader. I don't know why, but I stopped to read it in Falkreath and loved it. There was me thinking that it was going to be a few recipes. I'm still intrigued by the Red Kitchen at the end of the book, but I guess that's what makes me want to pick it up again. :p

Saozig

Hippy
My Bosmer recently made a special trip to Nightgate Inn to check out the skill book Legend of Krately House. This is one of those skill books I've always missed because it's in odd, often easy overlooked places. It was well worth the hike from Dawnstar. Easily one of my most favorite books in the game so far. Had my Bosmer steal it as a memento of that special little trip and am now waiting for the hired thugs to come teach him a lesson. ;)

Dovakiin98

My favorite book would have to be the Black Arts on Trial because I have always been interested in Necromancy.

Rhubarb&Custard

The A Dance in Fire series is good from what I hear, I've been looking for volume 7, but with no luck. :sadface:

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
I find it rather amusing seeing as history tends to bore me, but I'm a huge fan of the Biography of Barenziah books. It's such a good story. :)

Twiffle

Seems i have missed a trick here, ive never read any of the books, so my new character will read them, great thread btw......

HystericEric

I read one recently called "The Final Lesson". It was about two pupils of a learned enchantment wizard and how, by pure luck, the different paths they were forced onto in life changed them into entirely different people. Worth reading if you find it for sure!

GratuitousViolets

PS3 Addict
I always "looked" at the books (to get the stats/skills and I think there's a PS3 trophy for reading so many maybe?) but I had never "read" them. Now I'm playing a Khajit mage and I'm actually roleplaying her as a knowledge seeker and having her sit and take the time to "read" the books in the game.

So far a few of my favourites are the standards that you find on most bookshelves like "Chance's Folly" (really loved the twist), "Beggar Prince" was excellent and this afternoon I read "The Cake and the Diamond" which was also quite entertaining. They remind me a little of Aessop...that sort of 'twist' where there's a moral to the stories. Another book I had seen was the Wabbajack (Or is it Jabbawack?) book? That one made me laugh my bum off, the way it was written was so very funny.

I also liked the books that gave a little back story to the issue with the war between the Stormcloaks and the Imperials, as well as seeing what happened to some of the other cities from Oblivion. It gives you a little more insight before picking your sides I guess.

Edit: Today I was reading one of the books (name escapes me at the moment) But it was the one about the Daedra and the archer who never missed. I loved that one, it really made me smile, I just love how how they always get their just desserts in the end, lol.