The Skeleton Under Dragonsreach

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
lately i have been wondering about the story of the skeleton in the pool under Dragonsreach, usually every skeleton/dead body i find has a story behind it (a journal, a bear, spikes) but no evidence seems a bit odd in a game like skyrim...i found in his body 1 shiny coin, maybe he was murdered, no..not for money (the coin in his body? ) and his dead body was threw in the pool, but if he was there for that long why didn't anyone brought his body to his family/friends, why he wasn't buried and just left their? even if it's just a guy who drowned there at least he should have been buried and left there...here are a few pictures i got for him:
TESV 2012-07-17 18-29-31-18.jpgTESV 2012-07-17 18-29-43-87.jpgTESV 2012-07-17 18-30-32-81.jpg

Neriad13

Premium Member
That poor man was an especially unfortunate guard who was murdered by a crazed Dovahkiin after recounting his "arrow in the knee" story for most probably the hundredth time. He goes un-mourned because he is a meme.

But, really, make of it (and Whiterun's hygiene) what you will.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I always thought of it as an easter-egg. Like Oblivion's suicide troll, except not clever or funny. What about the skeletal hand holding up a steel sword in the center of a pool in the plains outside of Whiterun? That's just some odd stuff.

There's no note to explain that, that I've seen.

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
But, really, make of it (and Whiterun's hygiene) what you will.

I don't think they understand the concept of hygiene. :) I've yet to find a bathtub or toilet (not even a bucket, damn it!) in any of my houses. I guess the Thane of every hold in Skyrim is just supposed to find a quiet place to squat outside...

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I don't think they understand the concept of hygiene. :) I've yet to find a bathtub or toilet (not even a bucket, damn it!) in any of my houses. I guess the Thane of every hold in Skyrim is just supposed to find a quiet place to squat outside...

There's buckets in just about every jail cell in the game, and there's usually a pot on the floor in most bedrooms. They don't have indoor plumbing, or toilets, or even out-houses. They use chamber-pots. Which is more convenient!

For everyone, except the poor dreg that has to clean them every day.

Neriad13

Premium Member

Or maybe you're just expected to bring your own bucket. This is an extremely personal matter, you know! No one wants to be touching even a Thane's bucket. If you don't get the alchemy table in Breezehome, I could see that room making a very good toilet.

Star Gazer

I always thought of it as an easter-egg. Like Oblivion's suicide troll, except not clever or funny. What about the skeletal hand holding up a steel sword in the center of a pool in the plains outside of Whiterun? That's just some odd stuff.

There's no note to explain that, that I've seen.
yeah I've always wondered about that one. How did he get under there in the first place?

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
Perhaps it's a story just waiting to be created? Give it a shot!

New DLC: Mystery of the Skeleton!
maybe this skeleton's mystery will be solved, maybe one of the upcoming DLC's has a quest about some dangerous ''thing'' and the quest giver tells you to investigate that Skeleton as he suspects that it was one of that thing's first victims? just an idea that popped in my head.

Off-Topic: What do you think about the pictures i toke for the Skeleton?

Ysarth the watcher

High Elf of the Skyrim wilds

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
we are talking about the skeleton and not toilets in Skyrim

:p In case you haven't noticed, the threads in this forum never stay on topic :rolleyes:

SugarPsycho

Nom nom nom...
As I was reading this thread I was thinking about how the skeleton got there... Then when I finished... I started to think about where my housecarl goes to the washroom... But on the whole skeletal thing, I like to think the Jarl's housecarl killed a noble and threw him there~! Since she wishes to kill many. :p

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
As I was reading this thread I was thinking about how the skeleton got there... Then when I finished... I started to think about where my housecarl goes to the washroom... But on the whole skeletal thing, I like to think the Jarl's housecarl killed a noble and threw him there~! Since she wishes to kill many. :p

You know, I can actually picture Irileth doing that. ;)

Tairii

I've seen many of skeletons randomly scattered. I remember running in a field of grass and I ran into a skeleton full force, scattering the bones around to place. Needless to say, I was like, wtf? I think the environment artists got bored and decided to place random stuff.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts