The Skeever King (A charming tale of a madman)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Rale

Full-time Skeever King, TaliWhacker, Cheeseman
Chapter 1: The Skeever Domain

"They will pay."
Whispered the brooding madman, Hamelyn, seeking refuge in the basemant of Whiteruns local Honningbrew Meadery
"Thier blissful ignorance of thier impending destruction amuses me, they will come grovelling and begging at my feet as my minions gnaw at thier flesh and bone."
He turned to an infant playing tag with a skeever.
"And when i die, you will lead on as King of the Skeevers and take over the whole of Tamriel! You will secure Skeever dominance across the Nirn and become a divine yourself!"
At this point, Hamelyn was waving both of his arms frantically in the air, the infant gave him a confused look.
"That seems a liitle far fetched, father" He said, looking quizical.
Hamelyn regained his composure. "Im sorry son, i must have got...carried away."
He walked over to a large wardrobe and opened it. It was stacked to the top with cheese wheels, different types in different rows.
"Eat, child?" requested the madman "Im going to study Skeever anatomy."
"But father, I do not like cheese, can I not have an apple instead?" Said the boy.
Hamlyn stopped, and turned slowly, his faced filled with anger and frustration, sending a chill down his sons back.
"What did you say..." He said calmly
"I dont like cheese." mumbled the boy.
Hamlyn exploded into fire, shooting Firebolts at the walls and exploding cheese wheels with his sparks.
"What do you mean you dont like cheese? Cheese is the ambition and food source of the skeever, In order to control the skeever, you must become one!"
His son fell over, and the skeevers hissed at him. Cheese fell from above and landed onto his body and eventually, into his mouth. The boy fell into a trance he had never experienced before, he drooled and smiled.
His father runs over to him. "Oh Sheogorath, he has tasted the cheese, he has tasted the cheese!"
The skeevers let out overjoyed squeaks and rubbed thier slimy fur on the boys face, a sign of affection to the skeever kind, while Hamlyn danced idiotically around the boy.

The boy woke up on the bed roll his father had set up for him. He rubbed his eyes and sat up, he saw his father at the alchemy table.
"What happened father?" said the boy, utterly gobsmacked by the event he had endured.
Hamlyn looked at him with bright eyes.
"You tasted the cheese boy! I injected one of the cheeses with a potion i had conjured, hoping to further your understanding of the skeever mind. I would have given it to you when you were older, but now is fine."
He walked over to a charred lump of cheese on the ground
"I must have blasted it apart during my reaction to your....infidelity...towards the almighty dairy product, cheese, then part of it must have fallen into your mouth."
What Hamlyn didn't know was that he had actually made a potion that killed brain cells, instead of having a supernatural ability to get in a creatures head, it was really just being utterly mad, which the skeevers adored.
"My head hurts father."
"Ah yes, the skeevers mind is developing" The madman said obsessively, gnawing a piece of wood in excitement. The boy fell back in to his bed roll, fast asleep.

Two hours later, Hamlyn was playing a game of cards with some skeevers, who were tearing apart thier deck. One of them banged its head off a table, releasing its teeth's grip on the card, which was now lying on the table.
"Ah, the Thane of Diamonds, nice move Birnjalf, but I have a trick up my sleeve." He slammed the Jarl of hearts onto the table.
"Checkmate." He smiled delusionly.
A voice came from behind a drooling skeever. "Father, i want cheese, now!" Boomed Hamlyns son. The pyschotic mage smiled once more. He walked over to the wardrobe and threw a cheese wheel at his son, who devoured it whole in under ten seconds, while his father laughed hystericaly.
"He is ready" He chuckled

Coming soon: Preparations

Rale

Constructive critisiscm is appreciated ;)

VolenKiller

The Idealist
Strangely enough I really like it. Just a small thing, shouldn't it be Peryrite, the Daedric Prince of Pestilence instead of Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness?

rizen

A to the K homeboy
"Ah yes, the skeevers mind is developing" The madman said obsessively, gnawing a piece of wood in excitement.The boy fell back in to his bed roll, fast asleep.

Two hours later, Hamlyn was playing a game of cards with some skeevers, who were tearing apart thier deck. One of them banged its head off a table, releasing its teeth's grip on the card, which was now lying on the table.
"Ah, the Thane of Diamonds, nice move Birnjalf, but I have a trick up my sleeve." He slammed the Jarl of hearts onto the table.
"Checkmate." He smiled delusionly.
^definately my favourite part :D

Rale

Strangely enough I really like it. Just a small thing, shouldn't it be Peryrite, the Daedric Prince of Pestilence instead of Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness?
I see your point volen, but the MAIN theme about this guy is that he's nuts, ill include both of them, thanks for the suggestion ;)

Carcino

Vampire Slayer Extraordinaire Legend
Rale like I said before, You are a mad man. -Holds up cheese- ARE YOU REALLY WHO YOU SAY YOU ARE!?!? HMMMM????

theminstrels

Overseer of the chupacabra tea party
Last I checked looney people pray to whoever catches their eye at the moment

Rale

Chapter 2: Preparations.
"The time for attack is soon, my boy." said Hamlyn, massaging his uncomforable sons scalp.
"The skeevers are your friends, they will not hurt you. The Nords and The College of Winterhold, they are your enemy. Our skeever armies will destroy these pitiful excuses of living things."
He slowly moves his head to whisper in the boys ear. "Cheese will be the only food source." He whispered menacingly.
The boys eyes widened. "We must prepare at once, father" He said entusiasticly.
"Yes boy, I must summon the skeevers of Skyrim first." The madman walked away from the table and raised his hands in the air. "Cheese, friend!" He screeched loudly. A great rumbling noise occured, then holes started appearing allover the walls of dirt surrounding the cave, where rows and rows of skeevers popped out of.

After a good twenty minutes of skeever popping, the cave was filled to the brim with dirty skeevers.
Hamlyn began to speak. "Friends, today is the day we have our revenge. No more ridicule, no more dirty holes, no more disease. Today, we take the surface, tomorrow, we take Tamriel. Our enemy is no longer the frostbite spider, our enemy is the emperor!" The skeevers squeaked in unison, almost to a rythm.
"Come my child, we must arm our army." Said Hamlyn.
"Very well pa." Said his son.

Meanwhile, at the Bannered Mare in Whiterun, a hooded Nord sits in a bar, complete in a brown outfit and cloak. He has short black hair and some stubble, probably in his mid-twenties.
"Fourteen septims please, sir." Said the barmaid. He tossed her a coin purse and she looked inside to check the amount of coin. She looks up and says with a smile. "Thank you sir."
A courier came into the inn. "Message for Taron Blackwater" He announced.
The hooded man stuck his hand up and the courier ran over to him.
"I've got a new contact." He said in a hushed voice. "The Arch-Mage of the College of Winterhold wants you to assassinate a madman called Hamlyn. He lives under Honningbrew Meadery with some pet rats."
Taron looked confused, but accepted the contract nevertheless. The courier hurried off to do his next message. Taron was walking through the streets of Whiterun with his head down. He reached the holds gates and waited for the guard to open the doors for him, he eavesdropped on two guards on the wall talking to each other, with very strong nordic accents. "So, Turnger, how did it go with you and Ria last night?" said one of them.
"She told me that my accent was off putting, Doran."
"Thats a shame, at least theres more fish in the sea."
"More slaughterfish in the sea more like."
The two men laughed at the unfunny joke and Taron continued walking, until he heard one of the guards shout in a worried voice. "Whats that off in the distance...By Azura, Honningbrew Meadery is on fire"
Taron ran up the ramp leading to the battlements, surely enough the meadery was on fire.
"My god, look. Skeevers! Thousands of them." said the other guard.
An army of skeevers in thier thousands came poring out of the meadery and ground near i and were skuttling towards Whiterun. Led by Hamlyn in armor made out of skeever fur and a sword with skeever saliva on it. It would contract Alaxia to anyone it touched. His son had a dagger and was trying to keep up with him at the front of the skeever force. Hamlyn fired a fireball at the hold, bursting a house it into flames.
The skeever war had began.

AngryMage

100% Argonian, at your service!
His insanity is absolutely delightful. I love it!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts