• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Do you like the Sims?

• I don't know.. I really don't have an opinion.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, The Sims is nothing for me.

• Worst game ever! I don't understand why people like this *****!

• The Sims? Never heard of that before...

• Total voters

Karen

boop.
I got sucked back into it a few days ago ever since I got the University Life expansion pack. I love the new roommate feature, being able to live with autonomous Sims without having to control all of them. I'm also one of those people that can't do the 'let it free flow' kind of thing and I have to meticulously plan out every second of my playable Sims' lives - when I had a family it just got too hectic, having to usher everyone to work and school on time and making sure they're all healthy and happy. >_>

But now, it's awesome. Living in an apartment of five Sims, and I only have to control my own and my Dalmatian.

Karen

boop.
I am disappointed that EA didnt add more interactions with the younger sims. It seems they actually took some away, so now i get bored with sim kids and they just sit there doing nothing.

Do you have Generations? I thought that was supposed to enrich the growing up experience for kids and teens, and I heard they added a bunch of new features and interactions specifically for kids with that one.

Inquisitor Saken

polan can into space?
I loved Sims 3 ;_; If only it worked on my new computer...

CottonCandyDeath

High Elf--Imperial--SweetRoll Thief
Generations is actually the only one i havent managed to grab yet. Im just annoyed with lack of space on my computer and it would mean uninstalling something before installing it.

Inquisitor Saken

polan can into space?
helphelphelphelphelphelphelphelpHELPME

After seeing this thread, I decided to play Sims 2. Fellow travellers, I pray you do not meet the same end......!

IT'S TAKEN OVER MY LIFE! MY EMOTIONS, MY THOUGHTS, MY FREE WILL!

HELP!

I wasn't prepared for a time sink of this scale! THERE'S NO ESCAPING THE BLACK HOLE THAT IS THE SIMS! Please, God...... or somebody, anybody! Help!

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
helphelphelphelphelphelphelphelpHELPME

After seeing this thread, I decided to play Sims 2. Fellow travellers, I pray you do not meet the same end......!

IT'S TAKEN OVER MY LIFE! MY EMOTIONS, MY THOUGHTS, MY FREE WILL!

HELP!

I wasn't prepared for a time sink of this scale! THERE'S NO ESCAPING THE BLACK HOLE THAT IS THE SIMS! Please, God...... or somebody, anybody! Help!
Sorry, you're beyond help now....

Karen

boop.
Generations is actually the only one i havent managed to grab yet. Im just annoyed with lack of space on my computer and it would mean uninstalling something before installing it.
Oh, I know, I was surprised how much space the base game and a few expansion packs take up. I mean, I guess it is a pretty big game, but still, damn.

Yuffie

I'm a majooor Sims player! I think that's what got me into architecture and interior design. I play my game realistically. I play Sims 3 but hopefully will be able to play Sims 2 (and maybe Skyrim) when me and dad build a computer. I play on a Mac so it's only Sims 3 for me...

I use lots of CC, I don't see how people can just use the normal skin.

I'm currently a bit bored of it.

Invader Vin

Much like Cazimir, who posted earlier in this topic, I have an on again off again sorta thing with The Sims. I've played all 3 versions of the game and tend to come back every once in awhile to The Sims 3. I spend most of my time building houses though than actually playing the game it seems but I do certainly enjoy it on occasion.

Oh, I know, I was surprised how much space the base game and a few expansion packs take up. I mean, I guess it is a pretty big game, but still, damn.

This is what made me quit The Sims 2 back when I didn't have a computer that had enough storage space for everything. It gets a little ridiculous after so many expansions. Now I have a pc that can handle the space and I've got all the expansions except for Supernatural and the University one. The University expansion used to be my favorite when Sims 2 was out and I'm surprised it's taken so long for them to get around to it for the third game.

Anyone have any opinions on the University expansion? It may be what draws me back into it for a bit on those times I could use a break from Skyrim.

Karen

boop.
Anyone have any opinions on the University expansion? It may be what draws me back into it for a bit on those times I could use a break from Skyrim.
I thought it was pretty awesome, probably my favorite EP to date. It got old after a while though, but that might be because I enrolled for university like three times in a row. Still, even when you're not playing the university part, it adds a bunch of new features and items that enhance gameplay in general.

Personally, I've always enjoyed just controlling one Sim as opposed to an entire family, and I think that's why I liked it so much. You can have and control more than one student player on campus, but there's just a lot less responsibilities. And I love that there are always Sims around in close quarters - lots more interaction going on. There's more emphasis on the "socializing" aspect of the game, and you can actually build your reputation and be a "jock", "nerd" or "rebel" (or all three). And there's that roommate feature I mentioned earlier, so even in town you can live with a bunch of Sims you don't control.

I'm kind of disappointed with how having a degree actually helps you with your career and all, though. After going to university, the job offers I got were at lower ranks than the one I already had. There are new career paths, but they have nothing to do with the skills you gain in school, rather, it depends on the social status you gain (i.e. a level 10 nerd will be offered a job in video game development). Still, the university part on its own was a fun experience, even if I didn't get a new job out of it. I think if you make a new Sim and enroll right away, you'd be getting more out of it than enrolling an existing Sim that already has a job.

The new "smart phone" is pretty cool too. Does a lot more things than the old one, and you can essentially work from phone and be self employed if you keep a blog and gain a lot of followers.

All in all, I think it was worth it.

Also, streaking.

SIMS-streaking.jpg

Invader Vin

Thanks for the rundown on it. Thanks to your post, I figure I'll definitely give a look into it and check it out for myself some point soon. The college aspect of the game had always been one of my favorites in the previous versions of the game so I think it might be worth a try.

ZombieTrash143

Hellish rock-and-roll Freak
I LOVE The Sims. I've been playing it since the very first game on PC. I love playing it on computer but I am not impressed by the Sims 3 on console. One thing is just really annoying me about it. Simple tasks seem to take a lot longer to do in the console version. For example I was playing Sims 3 Pets yesterday and it took my sim 2 damn hours in game to eat some cereal. I was planning on eating food and then inviting over my romantic interest. But no. During eating the cereal she got tired so she had to sleep. I never got to invite him over.

I also hate the way that if you end up having a big family (I did in my last playthrough, sim got pregnant and had triplets) The house gets too crowded. I had a grown up daughter in it so I wanted her to move out. But if I moved her out the rest of my family would be removed from the game. Now I know there's only so much you can pack into a console but really? Removing sims from my game just because I wanted to move ONE person from my house.

I'll stick to PC playing...

Karen

boop.
Yeah, when my Sim got pregnant, I thought "cool, baby clothes shopping time!", and it was fun dressing her up, but then she grew up and her dad moved in and just wasn't fun anymore.

Howarthee

Qa'Darri - The unknown thief
Yeah, when my Sim got pregnant, I thought "cool, baby clothes shopping time!", and it was fun dressing her up, but then she grew up and her dad moved in and just wasn't fun anymore.
I hate once they get into child stage...I hate trying to find time for homework in their day to day life. >.< My child and teen sims always end up hermits.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts