• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Isara12

Oblivion explorer
    "Coming right up, both of you!" the breton nodded and turned on her heel. Heading once again to the back room.

(Zaia is my avatar)

< That Damned Arrow >

... but then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Kohl raised his head and turned it to glance at Felidae, who had chanced to sit on the stool next to him. His scars flashed briefly and ruggedly bright in the light for a moment before he returned to minding his own business and finishing the remainder of the mead he already had.

Felidae

The White Wanderer
    "Barkeep," Felidae called, and gestured to the Nord working the bar. Smiling hospitably, Kleppr dropped the dishcloth he was using to scrub the surface and moved over to her, leaning in close to block out the noisy hubbub. "You need anything, lass?" He said jovially. "Just ask and I'll see what I can do."
    Without speaking, Felidae produced a rolled up parchment from the leather saddle bag slung over her shoulder, and spread it out on the table. Kleppr leaned in to inspect it, trying to ignore Felidae's intense stare.
    Staring up at him from the parchment was the leering hand-drawn face of a middle-aged Wood Elf, covered in crude war paint and sporting a crazed grin.

'WANTED
    Faldil the Bosmer
    for murder, rape, theft, arson and extortion
    5'9" with brown hair
    Last known location in the Rift
    3000 septim reward for the capture or destruction of this man'

Kleppr finished reading and returned the bounty hunter's gaze, shaking his head dismally. "Sorry, lass," he said. "If I could help you, then I would. But I know nothing about this scum."
    Felidae paused and searched his face for any hint of a lie, but upon finding none she nodded and returned the poster to her bag. She knew when people weren't telling the truth, but the Nord seemed honest enough in his response. It seemed as though this was going to be one of her more complicated targets.
    Sighing, she resumed the wait for her drink, occasionally glancing over at the scarred Breton sitting beside her. He looked rugged enough to be a seasoned traveler, but did he know anything about the bounty she was chasing? Heck, he could be after the Bosmer himself, and if that was the case then she was probably in for some hard competition. Felidae bit her lip in agitation as she weighed the two possibilities.
    But surely that was better than risking the chance of getting no information at all? And at the end of the day, she was one of the best bounty hunters in the land; she didn't really have much to fear. Although, there was always a first time...
    Eventually, after some consideration, Felidae turned to the Breton and coughed a few times to get his attention, whilst hoping against hope that the plan wouldn't backfire horribly.

Isara12

Oblivion explorer
    The girl reappeared again, with a tray. On the tray was the Elsweyr fondue, some more mead, and the khajiit's wine. She gave the Khajiit her wine and placed the tray before Kohl. "here you go sweetie"

< That Damned Arrow >

Kohl gave the kinswoman a friendly, slightly weary smile just as he heard the [Khajiit] woman next to him cough a few times, alertly. It got his attention. Curious, although a slight ruffled, the scarred Breton turned his head to look at Felidae. For a moment, a wary thought flashed through his mind: What is she's an agent? By the Divines, if I've stumbled into a trap ... especially here, in the city of crime ... He pushed the thought away. The stranger was probably just that - a stranger.
    As he looked at her, for the first time more than a glance, he asked in a soft, slight voice that, despite his rugged appearance, fit his personality and the tones of his grey eyes accordingly: "Yeah?"

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    (OCC: Having issue's with the link to this character in my sig, his CC is on the very last page in the character profile thread.)
    Falcion opened the door to the Inn. His unique claymore strapped to his back, he sat down at one of the nearby tables. He was rather tall for an Imperial, his jet black hair sticking up like it did. He cracked his knuckles and waited for the waitress, to notice him. Not that it would be hard, by women standards in Cyrodiil he was quite attractive. Not that that really interested him, he found it more amusing than anything.

< That Damned Arrow >

Chilling air brushed against the side of Kohl's face, the less scarred side. A moment later, he heard a pair of knuckles cracking. He was a bit annoyed by the unwary attitude whoever had cracked their knuckles pronounced, but still he ignored it.
    He looked at the Khajiit stranger more completely. Again, the old scars on his face shone dimly in the above light; one scar rose from one side of the top of his nose to underneath his eye, followed by others - one just below his left eye (the side where his scars are more visible) and another crossing from above the right side of his upper lip to a thin line just below his bottom lip - as if he had been scratched deeply by some large, clawed creature with huge paws. Those scars intertwined with two others - one looked as if someone had ran a mace lovingly across his jaw, and the last was a curved one which went from above his left (again) eyebrow, around the side of his face, then curving again to a deep, hard end good inches underneath his left eye, near the high of the middle of his nose.
    (lol sorry about that - his scars are rather important to me for some reason) The scars moved back into the shadows as his head has turned fully towards Felidae, his grey eyes not entirely friendly and most certainly not trusting, but curious and a little bored, yearning for some kind of adventure. Old eyes, timeless, trapped in a younger face riddled with bitter memories of the past.

Isara12

Oblivion explorer
    Said barmaid walked up to the tall imperial. "Why hello there sir, what can I get you today?" she asked politely.

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    "Ale, and some food please." Falcion said kindly.

Felidae

The White Wanderer
    Upon seeing that she'd got the Breton's attention, Felidae once more retrieved the Wanted poster from her bag and spread it out on the bar in front of him, clearing her throat once more before speaking.
    "I was wondering," Felidae said quietly, "whether or not you've seen this man." She traced a razor-sharp claw over the sketch, and stared hard into the Breton's face. If he was after the Bosmer, there'd be a good chance of a brawl occurring then and there, especially if she was going to have to beat the information out of him. Not that it looked like he'd go down easily, though; judging by the numerous scars lining his features, he'd had his fair share of battles.
    Felidae sipped her wine and waited for a reply, without once taking her eyes off the Breton. If this did lead to a fight, she wasn't looking forward to it.

< That Damned Arrow >

Instead of reacting with a brawling attitude as he expected she was expecting of a man of his like, he shifted slightly and stared at the poster for a second longer. "It just so happens that I have." He was silent for a moment longer as he took another brooding sip of his mead. "He's not in the Rift anymore, though. I was just outside of Riverwood when I heard a scream, and went over to investigate. I saw a corpse and a fleeing man with a shock of brown hair and a wicked grin. Went on a wild goose chase for three weeks before I finally lost him near here Markarth's territorial border, in the hills and vales of the out-lands - where the Forsworn are." He scowled. "Damn man - I suggest not following him into any brooches of trees; he's good at slipping out of sight. I suggest bringing a hound with you."
    He looked rather amused, actually, when he mentions a hound. If only she knew, he thought. "Or I could help you. Merely out of boredom, of course," he added, now watching her carefully.

Felidae

The White Wanderer
    Felidae's amber eyes narrowed suspiciously. "You?" She sneered, rolling the poster up and stuffing it back into her saddlebag. "Give me one good reason why I should trust you, Breton."

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    Falcion hearing the Kahjiit, stood up and walked over to the woman. "Excuse me, but I couldn't help but hear your conversation. I was wondering if I may be of service to you." He smiled. "I am Falcion Blood-Thorn. At your service." The Inn keeper made a noise like "Hmph!" But said nothing.

Felidae

The White Wanderer
    Felidae glanced up at Falcion, and then back at Kohl, before turning her gaze to the table.
    The two men, if they helped, would probably make the job a hell of a lot easier, not to mention quicker. There was every chance that the Bosmer criminal could be cozying up to the Forsworn, and taking on a whole gang of bandits with no additional backup wasn't in Felidae's best interests.
    She could, after all, always split the reward money. But how could she trust these two people she'd never met before? With her life, no less?
    She'd made that mistake before, and she wasn't going to make it again.
    "I work alone," she said finally, and turned back to her drink.
    Then again, the Breton had tracked the Bosmer himself, and therefore understood the bastard's way of thinking. That would prove invaluable during the hunt.
    But still, two people wouldn't be much good against a whole gang of criminals (unless this Kohl fellow was more powerful than she thought), and the chance of acquiring three thousand in gold seemed to be slipping from her grasp with every wasted second.
    On the bright side, at least she wouldn't have to endure the tediously long trek over to Riften. Or so it seemed according to Kohl, but of course she couldn't overlook the chance that he was misdirecting her.
    Felidae took another sip of wine, her claws drumming the tabletop in agitation.

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    Falcion followed the Kahjiit. "You do not have to pay me, for I do not seek wealth. Do not underestimate me, either. I have been trained by the best, I only want to help you." Falcion spoke kindly and with sincerity. His amber eye's shown with the hopes of adventure.

< That Damned Arrow >

"Well, I for one don't care either way," Kohl shrugged easily, as if he didn't care for her decision. The less I'm recognized, the better. It'd be ... better if I were not payed, if you let me lend aid," he said on behalf of those thoughts. "Like I said, I'm bored as the dead ... I suppose that's saying much." He chuckled lightly. Despite their talk, he did not pull back his hood. "I know the bastard's (not referring to Falcion of course) way of thinking; run, attack, hide, attack, run. Use the shadows, use other enemies. I can help, for no price. I can get enough gold from the Jarl retrieving lost bows or whatever he needs done for Markarth the next time I check in. As long as, perhaps, we can wait until the morning to hunt him down if you do let [us] come; for I'm tired from a recent fight with the Forsworn from earlier tonight, and it's best for all not to fight such wit and blade on a clouded mind.

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    "That is true, crossing the mountains from High Rock was not an easy task." He said said with a yawn.

< That Damned Arrow >

At the brief mentioning of High Rock, Kohl's body stiffened slightly, his eyes sliding towards the Imperial man. High Rock, Cyrodiil ... the Court, injustice ... Orthington Ramon to Jackson Windhopper to Kohl Dale ... damn! Hopefully it was just a trip. Hopefully he did not hear of my attacks against the Daedra there. Damn. He turned his head slightly so that the shadows fell back over his face again, moving his eyes to glance around the tavern for a moment before resting his eyes once more on Felidae. "Name's Kohl ... Dale, by the way," he added. Better be good.
    :)))

Felidae

The White Wanderer
    The Khajiit hesitated for a moment, and took another sip of wine. "My name's Felidae," she replied eventually, before setting down her cup and fixing her steely gaze on Falcion.
    "Okay, so what's in it for you both?" Felidae queried suddenly. "This land is merciless, and we all do what we can to scrape together enough money to survive. Going through the effort of helping me track down a dangerous criminal and refusing payment for it seems too pointless to be legitimate."

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    Falcion crossed his arms. "If I wished for wealth, I would have stayed in Chorrol and married a Noble woman. That is not what I wish, I wish to only help those I can."

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts