• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    "Tribunal bless you Lady! Y-you're the first to sho-... to bother with me in months."

Brynn held her challenging and brutal gaze for a few moments longer before letting her eyes move to the Mer, her eyes cooling. She kept her hand on the purse, one could never be so careful, awaiting a response from the dogmatist behind the counter. She looked down on the face of the man she had so angrily defended with a slight smile, it was all she could muster in terms of friendly warmth when the fire of anger burned in her soul. Calm she thought to herself calm.

“It is my pleasure,” She replied with dignity “to help a fellow traveler.

She stayed standing, stayed ready to face any retribution her actions may have brought. She pushed one side of her cloak over revealing to anyone who may take up her challenge one of two shining swords slung on her hip.

(( CC in signature))

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    “It is my pleasure,” She replied with dignity “to help a fellow traveler.

"You are mistaken lady, I once travelled Morrowind and Skyrim both, but..." he paused, thinking of the horrible turn of his life the gods had cursed him with. No, the gods had none to do with it, only Harkon.

"...But those days are behind me now, I lost all I care of, and now I live on scraps in Markarth, not even the Warrens accept my kind..."

He stopped as the bartender walked off to prepare the meals as demanded, and Jokar felt a small hint of pride blossom within him for the first time since he reached Markarth.

He turned back to the woman, whose face, now illuminated, revealed a tall, blue-eyed Nord woman, and as desperation and weakness left his spirit, curiosity replaced it.

"What brings a travelling Nord to Markarth? Studies of Dwemer? Forsworn?"

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    "You are mistaken lady, I once travelled Morrowind and Skyrim both, but......But those days are behind me now, I lost all I care of, and now I live on scraps in Markarth, not even the Warrens accept my kind..."
    Brynn listened retaining the same ghost of a smile she had first adapted. She was comfortable with the stories of pain and suffering she had born witness to as well as been recounted but it always, no matter the countless time it had occurred, surprised her when stories came towards her so easily. His story seemed to add a small amount of fuel to her anger but with a quick glance at the bartender she raised her chin and kept her anger to herself.

It seemed as he spoke his spirits were lifted and his curiosity peak.

"What brings a travelling Nord to Markarth? Studies of Dwemer? Forsworn?"

She laughed, a far off look entering for a moment her eyes.

I found myself in this hold on business, however the hunt is what kept me here,” she said evenly “,I am of the companions however find traveling the holds and their forests more to my taste then remaining within the walls of Whiterun.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    I found myself in this hold on business, however the hunt is what kept me here,” she said evenly “,I am of the companions however find traveling the holds and their forests more to my taste then remaining within the walls of Whiterun.Her spirits seemed lifted, as she laughed, and this eased Jokar too, he took the chance for a friendly conversation, he did not know next time a friendly face would meet him.

"So maybe I weren't too wrong then, lots of business butchering those Forsworn in the hold, or so the guards say... I am grateful for your hospitality, lady. Is there anyway I can help you with this business? My body is weakened and I own none, but I am in your debt still, even... refugees... Can be of service to the luckier ones."

He spoke mostly the truth, he was technically a refugee, technically a traitor, technically he was not meant to live either.

The woman had not noticed the fire in his eyes, and the pale skin, even pale for Dunmer, was she unaware of vampirism, or was she not bothered with it? He cursed for himself for letting his guard down so easily, he knew nothing of the woman.

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    "So maybe I weren't too wrong then, lots of business butchering those Forsworn in the hold, or so the guards say... I am grateful for your hospitality, lady. Is there anyway I can help you with this business? My body is weakened and I own none, but I am in your debt still, even... refugees... Can be of service to the luckier ones."

Brynn winced internally at the idea of being sent to butcher forsworn. It was true that she had often found the Forsworn un agreeable when they met she disliked the idea of getting involved in a conflict she knew not enough about. It had been other business, mundane enough she had found easily enough completed, it was the stalking of a small number of members of a certain order condemning her kind that had led her here. Much time she had spent stalking those who called themselves the Vigil of Stendar awaiting the perfect moment. It had just so happened that they had been traveling to this specific hold and so she found herself in her preys destination. Its too bad I won’t be seeing them here, that they were unable to make it she though grinning slightly, lost in though One is always devastated to hear such news. Ripped to pieces by what is assumed to be a lythrocamp. Pity, yet so ironic.
    She shook her head and thought on the Mers offer. Then after a moment had passed she refocused her attention on his face.

My business has come to a close, I am happy to report however I’m sure I could… “ she trailed off for a moment seeming lost in a complex train of thought. Speaking once again it seemed as though she had jumped topic completely. “What is it that you do, What is your skill? Even those who must beg for their living have aspirations.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    My business has come to a close, I am happy to report however I’m sure I could… “ She stopped, and seemed to caution her next words. “What is it that you do, What is your skill? Even those who must beg for their living have aspirations.

"Before ending up in Markarth, I was a... a sellsword. N-not like the Companions at all, I used my arcane gifts to advantage.. They did not like that."
    Did she play him? Did she know what he was? Would he risk speaking of the Bloodcurse with her?
    "But no longer, I lost my equipment long ago, and I'm too weak for fighting, months starving does that to your body I'm afraid."

He remembered, she needed some sort of useful skill of his for now. He leaned in closer to her before speaking again.

"One good thing with... beggars, is that no one bothers of us, we don't exist to people, they do not care with our presence, so we hear things and see things others do not." He coughed slightly, not enough to stop him utterly from speaking, but he felt the taste of iron left in his throat after coughing blood. He ignored it and focused on her, did she understand his hint?

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    She looked at the man, her eyes becoming softer.

It seems you misunderstand me. I need not information, I am unsure of what you offer me. I am too tired to speak in tongues it seems. I have grown accustom to honesty of animals.” She stopped for a moment, her interest was piqued however she understood he would not blatantly say what he wish in the company of so many. She kept her eyes locked on the mer but in raising her voice she spoke to the bartender.

If those meals could be hurried along,” she said in a short tone, then as she addressed the ragged creature in front of her calming and quieting her voice “, we may then find a quieter place to speak openly and eat our meals so you will not find the need to speak with such caution.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    If those meals could be hurried along, we may then find a quieter place to speak openly and eat our meals so you will not find the need to speak with such caution.

So she did understand, good.

"Agreed, and bless you again Lady, it means the world for the doomed, a roof above him, and food, Azura's wisdom to you."

He regretted the last part, he had already thanked her more than enough, it was probably getting repetitive, but it truly did mean much to him.

"Until we can discuss further your business, would you join me and dine? I apologize I am not dressed for it, but I suppose I am better than being alone at the least." He smiled through his untrimmed black beard, his wits had returned again thanks to this lady, he would need to ask of her name as well he reminded himself.

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    "Agreed, and bless you again Lady, it means the world for the doomed, a roof above him, and food, Azura's wisdom to you."

This made Brynn grin more honestly as she nodded her head in his direction. She had soft spot for those that had come to hard times. If she was able she would help him to his feet once more. She had once herself been some type of refugee and so had she been guided then by a mer, it seemed suited that he had used those words.

"Until we can discuss further your business, would you join me and dine? I apologize I am not dressed for it, but I suppose I am better than being alone at the least."

Counting and placing the right amount of coins for their food as well as enough for drink on the countertop she returned her coin purse under her cloak.

Nor do I find myself quite dressed as those normally taking their meals do ,” she said pushing her cloak aside to expose the armor and weapons that lay beneath “ However as long as one if comfortable... I would gladly have company.

She let her cloak fall around her once more as she accepted the invitation

Drasok Ghett

Lol, Im new :P
    Kjold looked over at the cloaked one and the beggar, Ironic how different they are. But he couldn't complain, the beggar was getting a free meal, and maybe a job. But something seemed off about him? Was he sick, or worse. "Why do i put myself in such matters" Kjold whispered. as he put his head in his hands. Then smelt how good the food was. "Innkeep, could i also have some food. And a little wine on the side. Dont worry, i wont yell, not like the last one at least" He said just loud enough for the people to hear. He put a huge stack of septims then put them on the counter, "Keep the change" He said almost laughing. He knew this was going to be a good time.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    Nor do I find myself quite dressed as those normally taking their meals do ,” she said pushing her cloak aside to expose the armor and weapons that lay beneath, an impressive set of armor and weaponry, her armor, he was not sure but he remembered seeing that in those old nordic ruins long ago.“ However as long as one if comfortable... I would gladly have company.” he was relieved, and pulled the stool out next to him as gracefully as he could, meaning not gracefully at all, due to his weak, mistreated body, but at least he tried.

As he then sat himself down upon his own seat again, and the food arrived, a new stepped to the counter.

"Why do i put myself in such matters" Was he speaking to Jokar? He wasn't sure if he was supposed to reply to that? Before he had a chance to react verbally, he continued, now speaking to the innkeeper, whose eyes revealed a mix of shame, and hate as well, Jokar was not surprised, he just hoped he'd forget about this.

"Innkeep, could i also have some food. And a little wine on the side. Dont worry, i wont yell, not like the last one at least" The man threw down a huge stack of septims on the counter... Jokar hungrily swallowed a large chunk of meat as he observed the man, the meat was tender and rare, the blood swirled around in his mouth, after so long without "feeding", the taste was orgasmic, and he devoured the rest of the meat swiftly, carefully sucking all the blood he could out of the dead meat.

He turned to his new-found friend. "So-"

"Keep the change" The man said loudly, interrupting Jokar, was he mocking Jokar? The man seemed to almost burst out in laughter, but he didn't, but that gold was way much more than a meal and wine would cost usually, and he gave it all away to the innkeeper who minutes ago denied Jokar so horribly. He didn't know how to react, and so just looked unconfidently upon the man beside him.

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    Brynn cringed slightly as the stools legs dragged awkwardly along the floor of the inn. It was the gesture that counted however and she accepted the seat graciously. Pushing her hood back Brynn sent a condescending and confident nod in the direction of the bartender as her food was placed down in front of her.

"Why do i put myself in such matters"

A voice on the opposite side of ther mer questioned, but to who? Most likely himself, she began thinking. Her thoughts on the matter were quickly dismissed as she bit her first cut of meat. Warm if nothing else, she observed noting as well that although it was not of the highest quality the meat had been well cooked. For some reason however it brought her no satisfaction. It was another part of her that hungered, another side of her that needed to be fed. Still she must finish her meal.

"Innkeep, could i also have some food.”

Halfway through chewing another bite of her meal the voice she had dismissed from thought moments ago resurfaced this time clearly directed at the bartender. Much better than speaking to himself she concluded.

"And a little wine on the side. Dont worry, i wont yell, not like the last one at least"

This comment would have caused an exasperated sigh, in the current light of the situation it was all she could do to chew her food. She did so slowly despite her desire to answer the commentary clearly aimed her way.

"So-"

"Keep the change"

With those final words spoken and her mouth once more free to speak she turned her body to face the man. Leaning against the counter she spoke in a casual tone.

“If it is to me you are referring, “ she gave him a friendly if not slightly sarcastic smile “I rose my voice as I found it necessary, necessary and very well deserved, wouldn’t you think.”

She shot a patronizing look at the bartender as she added the last bit before turning back to the man.

“I am not ashamed or embarrassed. If that is what you are trying to make of me, you are mistaken. However if I have myself made a mistake, if you did not mean the comment in poor taste I apologize. In the case it was meant maliciously I beseech you to bring your comments elsewhere and allow us some peace.” She finished finally with a tired yet honest smile.

She had no intention of being cruel or attacking the man however felt it necessary to defend her principals. The journey had taken more of a toll on her then she had thought giving her a sorter temper.She kept her focus on the man for a moment as she watched him, dissected him in silence. Then, her voice changing and although tired lent itself to be soothing in tone, she addressed the mer.

Now,” pausing she smiled “what was it you were about to ask me?

Drasok Ghett

Kjold frowned, this had turned out to be less fun then he thought. "My intentions were as clear as daylight, or so i thought. It was a jest, im sorry you took it otherwise" Kjold frown became a smirk. "Oh also,its not like I can go yet anyway, I would, but I am going to need Information" He nodded toward the outstretched hand holding his food, as he grabbed his food he spoke "Also, something to sweeten the deal" He pulled out a fairly big bag. "All that could be yours"

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    Brynn listened respectfully and waited in turn for him to finish his speech. Once finding he had no more to say she straightened her posture and began her reply.

Coin,” she said sounding slightly disgusted by the word “does not interest me, not enough in any case for me to throw myself blindly into your service.”

She paused reflecting for a moment. Calm her thoughts echoed once more calm. She had met with a small band of pitiful travelers and unwilling to let them continue on without her, for fear of the guilt she would surely assume if they perished on their way, she had accompanied them. She had the same destination as the travellers however the company did not permit her to hunt. She could feel the itch beneath her skin, her blood running hot. This put her on edge.

“Although if you would explain your needs further it could be possible that I would lend myself to your cause”

She looked over at the Mer knowing he could use the septims. If she could she would help him to attain it, however she would not break her own moral code to do so.

Drasok Ghett

"He could have it, if he has information, and if you would rather it that way, so be it. I just need something im sure you two can give me. Knowledge, its worth its wait in gold as they say" Kjold stood up and motion them to follow him, he started to walk over to the hallway.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    Suddenly it all happened way too quickly for Jokar, did these two know each other? And what sort of information was it they needed?
    His worries rose to the surface again, were they fooling him to murder him? The woman had him fooled utterly if so, and that would mean she was a master deceiver, why would Harkon send professionals after him? He was no threat at all anymore, just a broken shell of a once proud Dunmer.

He quickly stuffed the last bits of food into his mouth, and rose to follow this man, as he rose however, he deftly snatched the knife and placed it in his pocket, it was not much,, but he wasn't going unprepared at least.

He walked to the lady, and with all the grace he could muster, moved out the chair for her, so they could follow this newcomer. It must have made for an amusing scene, a ravaged, scarred and unkept Dunmer acting so respectfully for an armoured Nord woman, but he did not care of that.

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    Brynn watched herself and the others around her carefully. She was not completely comfortable around this new man; there was something off putting about him. Finding herself conflicted she was consoled slightly by the Mers kindness. She appreciated to no end the gentlemanly action and although felt as though she should stay rooted to her seat she began to rise. As she did so her cloak swirled around her and she locked her eyes in on those of the mer. She touched his arm lightly seeing the same type of jauntiness that she felt but did not show. She looked at his eyes searchingly, letting him see that she felt the same.

It had been no more than a second or two from the time she touched the ragged arm that she lifted her hand, broke her gaze and fixed the look in her eyes. She took a few steps away from the bar watching the mysterious man waltz away. With a look over her shoulder she sent finally a questioning glace to her newfound friend.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    As she rose from her stool with the petty help from Jokar, he felt her touch upon his poorly clothed arm, he looked to her at this, and the look she gave him did not make him regret snatching the knife at all.

He nodded to her grimly, and walked after the man into the hallway.

Drasok Ghett

"Well, are you coming?" Kjold said annoyed, He pulled out a piece of paper and looked at it. The letter said:

Kjold,

Find as much information as possible about "It" as you can. Then report back to me.

-Sensin

He smirked, then grabbed his arm. "Its healed, or most of it" He then looked up. How long will it take them to come over here?

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    It was strange, not often did Brynn let her guard down to a total stranger and to be met with the grim expression reminded her why this was. Putting her hand around the pommel of one of her swords and stood for a moment watching the mer walk away. With a sigh and a complete cleansing of all emotional indications manifesting themselves in her appearance she took the same steps the mer had. Upon reaching the man she said nothing but watch and wait for some type of indication of the information he desired.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts