• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SparkyBoii

Ok so I was browsing YouTube today when I came across a "Top Ten Skyrim Easter Eggs" video and decided, what the hell I'm bored so I might as well watch it. Ordinary enough top 9 but the tenth easter egg was about the collectable bug jars and the ruins that are inscribed on the inside of their lids, so I did a little digging and came across a supposed armageddon conspiracy theory known as "The Promised Day" which involves some plot to wipe out all human races from Tamriel, the return of the Dwemer and/or The Numidium and some sort of ritual to obtain unlimited power. All crazy stuff and a little confusing but it's something that got me thinking.

So what do you guys think about this?

Link to the original Reddit post: You know those runes on the lids of the bug jars? I translated them, and guess what? They're some kind of summoning ritual. : skyrim

I never actually paid attention to any of the jars with the bugs in them. Now I'm gonna have to o_O

Bluebaron

I have collected all 4 jars with the bugs but also never thought to look in them i have them stored in a chest in my riften home .

SparkyBoii

I didn't know either until I watched the video, pretty crazy, maybe Bethesda did it to gear up towards a future DLC or it could be a clue to the next games storyline, who knows! :p

i K33L n0085

Destroyer Devour Master
This will explain it for you:

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
I have collected all 4 jars with the bugs but also never thought to look in them i have them stored in a chest in my riften home .

Your bugs are probably dead by now.