The old Heath/Stamina ratio question for warriors.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Gore gro-Gijakudob

I'm sure this has been done many times but I have a real interest in what other warriors have to say on this. I have leveled up health/stamina equally but a lot of people are suggesting health:2 to Stamina:1. Now I know that there is no real 'perfect ratio' but for my style this has worked very well for me. That extra power attack or block has saved my life a lot of times, plus the extra carry capacity is a god send. This is not intended as a 'what is best' thread, just interested in your experience messing with health and stamina.

The Barefoot Nord

I need some dragon scale shoes.
I have always done them all equally, but now that I have a dedicated warrior character I will try just stamina and health until I get enough armor to really load up on stamina and ignore health.

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
I level them equally for my Warrior build.....i would think if anything you'd want to level stamina more b/c once you get dragon/daedric armor you're pretty much invinceable

Kuurus

I am using a 4 to 1 ratio in favor of health. I find power attacks fun, but not really necessary when it comes to this character's effectiveness in battle. I do have the Rahgot mask which helps with it's +70 stamina, and I'm a Redguard so I have the +100% stamina regen ability once a day for the rare long fight where I need it.

I do pop an occasional Stamina potion, but even with this setup, my chest in Breezehome is still over flowing with unused Stamina potions. I find them at a far higher rate than I need to use them.

MichaelF could be correct. At later levels the Stamina may be more useful than extra health, but for the first 20 to 25 levels at least, I wanted all the health I could possibly find as the difference between an easy fight or quick death was not all that great sometimes. I might start to adjust that ratio a bit in the future. Right now at lvl 44 I am at 520 health (+50 from chest /+20 from shield) and 250 stamina (+70 from mask).

Necromis

I can tell you from personal use recently that I am going to start pumping my levels into health. I am dealing enough damage w/o the power attacks that I cam killing well, but my health is dropping faster than I would like at times and I am having to time stop an hour between fights. I had been doing more stamina than health originally. So I would say for the first few levels just straight health and then equal till mid levels and then the opposite, less health and more stamina.

Oren74

I go heavier on health. You can fight without stamina, but you can't fight when you're dead. I would say I'm probably 3 to 1

brandon

on all my builds i go 3-1. i go by the phylosophy that a great offense is the best defense. and higher level armor pretty much negates the need for alot of health. and i carry alot of health potions with me just incase. right now on my mage is magic is at 390 his stamina is at 320 and his health is at 120

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
what do you need stamina for as a Mage besides increasing your carry weight?

brandon

i still have weapons just incase i run out of magic. and i like to run alot.

Gore gro-Gijakudob

I think I will continue equally for now, I seem to have more issues with running out of stamina than health, does a power attack with a 2 handed weapon use more stamina than a power attack with a one handed weapon?

Maz

Wearing all robes (no carry weigh) +lots of stamina=sprinting forever. It's great, having around 180 stamina let me run all the way from Whiterun Gates to Dragonsreach without stopping.

iLouis

Psst...I know who you are. Hail Sithis!
Right now I play an assassin character, with about a 3:2 stamina to health ratio. If I ever do get seen in a fight, I need to put em' out quick, so I need to be able to send a few power attacks their way. Love the carry weight boost too.

Necromis

Plus as a sneak character higher stamina means you can run away hide, and sneak back in again. I would much rather have a bit more stamnia than health on a sneak simply cuz I know I will be owned in a fight w/o backstabbing and the ability to run away has always saved my rump.

Thalgrin

I think that this question largely depends on the value of power attacks in your build. I dual wield, which makes double the use of the 1h power atk perks, but double the stam. As a result, I stack stam and rely on crafting to keep me armored up. That said, I'm still riding the health I stacked at the beginning of the game, so I'm sitting at about a 3/2 health/stam ratio. I can see why 2h warriors would want more straight health due to the decrease in atk speed pwr atks cause, and sword and board warriors would want bashes all day.

Quanah

Bosmer Shadowscale
I went for health 4 to 1 because it just felt like I was getting another Heart container. Will now invest in stamina as well, helps to have the Ring of Namira too.

Quanah

Bosmer Shadowscale
Plus as a sneak character higher stamina means you can run away hide, and sneak back in again. I would much rather have a bit more stamnia than health on a sneak simply cuz I know I will be owned in a fight w/o backstabbing and the ability to run away has always saved my rump.

My sneak character is pretty efficient in fights with giants and men alike. You are the dragonborn, there are many ways to defeat anything that crosses your path.