the most perfect pure assassin.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I'm confused. Why all the Magic for a "Pure" Assassin? Alchemy, you got Invisibility, Healing, Frenzy, Paralysis, Poison... Right there. Drop Illusion, and Restoration, especially.

1H, Sneak, Archery, LA, Alchemy, done. Lockpicking wouldn't be out of character, nor would Speech. Smithy if you really think you need it, but with the Shrouded Gloves, you shouldn't. No Magicka, some Health, lots of Stamina for Silent Rolls. I can do it just fine with Vampire Dust, you don't need Illusion.

jonathan90

well known member
I was going to go for vampire assassin, but not my sort of thing. I am better off just being a dark elf agent nocturnal assassin.

Ariadne33

Pacify is the best spell in the whole game! I love Illusion! :)

My assassin is level 63 right now, still so much fun!

I power-leveled through the early levels:

1) Got Faendal as a follower, trained Archery (to 50), traded my money back, saved all perks.
2) Pickpocketed Amren in Whiterun after One-Handed trains (to 50), saved all perks.
3) Sneak attacked Hodvar in Riverwood (with Thief Stone and Well Rested to 100), spent perks on Sneak tree after: Stealth x 5, Backstab, Deadly Aim, Assassin's Blade.
4) Got Mage Stone next, went to Whiterun and bought Illusion spells (Calm then Muffle) and cast them on or next to a guard over and over. Spent perks in Illusion (most of the tree except Master Illusion).
5) Trained and pickpocketed trainers with a full exp bar (so you can train, then level, then train again right off). Did this every level.

I prioritized my perks like this: Sneak if possible, otherwise Illusion, otherwise One-Handed, Light Armor, Alteration (for Magic Resistance perks), Enchanting, Smithing, and I dabbled just a little in Restoration (Apprentice and Regeneration - I was thinking of Recovery but it wasn't necessary).

As time's gone by I maxed out Speechcraft (by using Persuasion on the Black Briar guy), Alteration (with -100% magic cost and Detect Life in a crowd), Conjuration (-100% magic cost and Soul Trap on a dead body). Extra perks have gone on the left side of the Speechcraft tree for convenience and quicker money and Unhindered. I took 5 Destruction perks for fighting Dragons (see below).

My gear is 1 x Crafting Set (Fortify Alchemy and Smithing), 1 x Illusion Set (-100% cost Illusion, Waterbreathing, Fortify Health, Fortify Stamina, and Fortify Sneak, plus Shrouded Gloves), and then 1 x Dragonslaying Set (-100% cost Destruction and Conjuration) I took Impact and 2 x Shock perks to spam Lightning spells and staggerlock Dragons. I have a Dragonbone Dagger with Absorb Health and Fiery Soul Trap along with The Black Star. And I have Ring of Hircine for my Werewolf transformations.

In short, I can kill many different ways, depending on my mood :) I had trouble playing as a Werewolf at first until I got the knack of doing a sprinting power attack and now I've decided Werewolves actually are pretty powerful!

By far the most overpowered method though is dual casting Pacify and one shotting everything with Sneak Attacks.

Ariadne33

I know that was long and not saying that's the only way to do it but I'm pretty excited to reach my highest level so far and to have such a fun, versatile character, so I just wanted to share :)

Ariadne33

Oh and I raised Magicka 1st (to 200 then stopped), then split between Health and Stamina. My Magicka is 200, Health 500 and the rest on Stamina.

The Laoch

He is the Prince of Order. Or was it biscuits?
Fun fact: weaker bows like hunting and imperial bows shoot faster than stronger ones like glass and so on.

So you can choose between shooting a lot of low damage arrows or a few high damage. It depends on the speed on which you prefer to shoot arrows.

You don't even need frenzy or pacify spells. Quiet casting + invisibility in your left hand + dagger in your right is all you need. The game turns ridiculously easy when you're doing 30x sneak attacks and turn invisible right after. Be warned, it gets boring, people use it as bragging rights to play on Master, but it's equally boring cause it's over powered on any difficulty.

jonathan90

well known member
Fun fact. Assassins don't engage in open battle. Restoration is useless. Fun Fact. So is stamina. Fun Fact. You should be using dark brotherhood armor, what are you thinking using steel armor?
And yes all assassins need to engage in open battle, before they become true assassins.
They need to know how to fight so they can take hits.so you are wrong one point there.
all assassins need training in open full suppressed combat battle,before they commit silent murders.
and the second thing is will be stealth. and avoid being seen, so they remain in the shadows.And then armour is very important too, don't forget that.

jonathan90

well known member
Are you playing the correct game? Because I don't ever remember fighting in open combat as an assassin. Besides dragons of course
What I am saying is when you are in the earlier levels of gameplay, always drive into open combat first.
in the later levels, there is no need to drive into heavy combat when you can remain unseen. because it's harder to remain hidden while in the early stages of combat.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
What I am saying is when you are in the earlier levels of gameplay, always drive into open combat first.
in the later levels, there is no need to drive into heavy combat when you can remain unseen. because it's harder to remain hidden while in the early stages of combat.

If engaging open combat to level up quicker to become the assassin then yes, but if starting the assassin straight away (If trying to roleplay) then, never go in open combat(If trying to sneak earlier, move very, very slowly, if you are half seen, stand still,it shouldnt be difficult with a bow to be seen, im still lvl 1 and stay hidden most of the time).

And if it's a pure assassin you want, then I would ditch the magic altogether.

jonathan90

well known member
If engaging open combat to level up quicker to become the assassin then yes, but if starting the assassin straight away (If trying to roleplay) then, never go in open combat(If trying to sneak earlier, move very, very slowly, if you are half seen, stand still,it shouldnt be difficult with a bow to be seen, im still lvl 1 and stay hidden most of the time).

And if it's a pure assassin you want, then I would ditch the magic altogether.
Your sneak will not be able to get up that high yet, for you will not have enough perk points. yes , train sneak to your advantage, untill you get more sneak perks.then you can use sneak to the max.
then you get all the right hand sided perk tree, in sneak of course, the sneak damage tree.

Then after that, you always use one handed weapons to train your character up, just in case you get caught while assassinating another.
Also, this depends on the player as well.so get illusion to avoid being seen. it's really fun to go invisible. I always love using illusion.:D

jonathan90

well known member
And does anybody here like to use two handed swords or blade weapons? As an assassin type?

Are you playing the correct game? Because I don't ever remember fighting in open combat as an assassin. Besides dragons of course
Open combat is the best way to get up your 1 Handed skill, so you do maximum damage with your dagger, and also have the perks like Fighting Stance, and so forth. While you CAN train it up on Backstabs alone, it takes much longer. If you run the Dark Brotherhood, you can get by until the Katariah, then use Widnshear to grind up quickly. Because of the Stunlocking, you're in very little danger. The Absorb Health from the Blade of Woe kind of helps too.

Leseras

Darkness guides me.
Open combat is the best way to get up your 1 Handed skill, so you do maximum damage with your dagger, and also have the perks like Fighting Stance, and so forth. While you CAN train it up on Backstabs alone, it takes much longer. If you run the Dark Brotherhood, you can get by until the Katariah, then use Widnshear to grind up quickly. Because of the Stunlocking, you're in very little danger. The Absorb Health from the Blade of Woe kind of helps too.
Assuming of course, you find power leveling fun

And does anybody here like to use two handed swords or blade weapons? As an assassin type?
Yes, my Assassin uses Greatswords, because Assassin's Blade becomes too powerful. However, if you're going for "The most perfect Pure Assassin," I wouldn't suggest it. More often than not, the Sneak Attack merely damages (and staggers) the main target, who's the toughest (Like Bandit Chiefs) then, she has to fight her way out. A real assassin can make the kill without ever being detected.