The morality of your character(s)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Do you already know how “evil” and how “good” your character is going to be? Post your responses below.

For my assassin character it will be something along the lines of “chaotic good”, I suppose, as he will not be afraid to use extreme measures to reach his goal but if possible he tries to avoid innocent casualties. As for my mage, he’ll be a paragon of virtue and I’ll try to kill no NPC in the game. I shall see how feasible this is in my second playthrough :p

I don’t think I will steal stuff with either of them if the system works like it did in Oblivion (e.g. having to sell your loot to a fence). That was just sooo annoying.

Jeruhmi

I think I will choose to be a good person. It's tempting to cause harm on the people and go evil, but it has it's downsides. Sort of reminds me of Fable - if you went evil you looked really ugly.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Let’s hope that they won’t go for that approach of altering your appearance depending on your actions :/

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
I like being good. Benevolence comes with a nice reward mentally, financially and even physically!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I like to play variety of alignment. I usually don't go for straight up evil puppy-murdering sadist though. I can if I feel like but I'm not a creative murderer. The justice system in Skyrim seems more realistic and balance to be a wanted criminal though.

Jeruhmi

They will make it so if you're evil no one likes you and all that awful stuff. So I will definitely be good.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
That's not necessarily true. You'll be hated by most citizens but people who are criminals or just 'irresponsible' will like you better. You know, if you are infamous, bad people will think you're awesome. I hope there's more perks to being bad than it did in Oblivion though. In Oblivion, if you were really good, even guards won't arrest you if you committed a crime. It was pretty ridiculous.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
If you're evil, bad people will think you're good and good people will think you're bad and vice versa.

It really depends on your perspective. I hope Skyrim doesn't have an obvious choice between good and evil and more of moral and ethical considerations which contain a mix of both good and evil.

Jeruhmi

That's not necessarily true. You'll be hated by most citizens but people who are criminals or just 'irresponsible' will like you better. You know, if you are infamous, bad people will think you're awesome. I hope there's more perks to being bad than it did in Oblivion though. In Oblivion, if you were really good, even guards won't arrest you if you committed a crime. It was pretty ridiculous.
Well that's true. I personally just like getting the bad guys, I don't like killing good people :'(

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
In Oblivion, if you were really good, even guards won't arrest you if you committed a crime. It was pretty ridiculous.
Really? I don’t remember that. Either I was never really good or it’s too long ago that I played it :p But yeah, that does sound kind of silly if they wouldn’t even arrest you for murder. Smaller things should actually be overlooked though since even stealing an apple would get you jail time in Oblivion >_>

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Really? I don’t remember that. Either I was never really good or it’s too long ago that I played it :p But yeah, that does sound kind of silly if they wouldn’t even arrest you for murder. Smaller things should actually be overlooked though since even stealing an apple would get you jail time in Oblivion >_>
I forgot exactly how it goes. If you commit a crime, the guard will come up to you and instead of the usual "STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM" they'll go like "I see you got yourself into some trouble. I'll just look away and take care of that fine for you :]" I'm not sure if it goes as far as murder... Maybe it did, I didn't usually go for pure good character in Oblivion. But at some point, you'll accumulate enough infamy if you continue to do bad things that the guards will eventually not be all that nice.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
If it works like it did in Oblivion, then yes.

Jeruhmi

Meh, maybe not to that degree. Well, I guess that keeps a lot of realism. Like in the real world if you commit many crimes your photo will be in everyone's mind and you will get noticed.
OH! Perhaps you could grow a bear or something that changes your basic appearance, and thus avoiding a lot of crimes unless it's a high guard.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Apropos beards, I hope that we will have the possibility of customizing our character after the game’s start. At the very least there should be a barber somewhere around. The potion that I mentioned in another thread could be a fun way of doing that in a more extreme (but only temporary) manner.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Apropos beards, I hope that we will have the possibility of customizing our character after the game’s start. At the very least there should be a barber somewhere around. The potion that I mentioned in another thread could be a fun way of doing that in a more extreme (but only temporary) manner.
Yeah, it would be cool if you can find a barber and change your hair once in a while. If they would go even further, maybe you could get scars all over your body from battles. Like, it's more likely to gain a scar if you rely on health regeneration too much rather than using immediate cure for missing health points. If you don't want them, you could just have them removed with healers. Since we already have scar option in first character customization, I doubt it but it would be totally cool for character development.

It's like looking at before and after, what my character was, what my character is now.

I just realized this kind of derails the thread but oh well.

kCin

Thats such an awesome idea, to have battle scars that are permanent memories of every battle you fought. Sounds epic indeed! Though on the subject of morality, I find it most entertaining to simply go with what I feel like once I'm adequately immersed in the game, but I will more than likely do multiple playthroughs with good and evil characters, especially considering how much of my time this game will consume :D

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I just realized this kind of derails the thread but oh well.
No sweat, that was a good post all the same. I simply opened a thread on its own for this topic here.

Jeruhmi

I really hope you can get haircuts and such. Perhaps even the sun may get you a bit of a tan? That would be good and bad. If you didn't want a tan you could wear some sort of sun lotion.
I think if you were to get scars, it should only be from a couple of main quest battles. Otherwise your whole body would be a scar.
Perhaps you could even get tattoos? That could be a mod idea.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Let’s keep that to the new thread, okay :<> ?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts