OOC The Monastery on the Mountain Top

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
    This thread is based off Batman Begins, and more specifically the "League of Shadows" and their Mountain Top Monastery.
    No relation to the thread but 800th Thread in the Roleplaying section!!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Prophecy of the Dragonborn happened nigh on 200 years ago. After the slaying of Parthurnax, the leader of the Greybeards, the Greybeards fell weak. They passed away quickly after the defeat of Miraak. High Hrothgar fell silent, and in time Dovahkiin died. The world fell silent from the shouts of mortals, and soon the Dragons became recluse, only coming out of their hiding places to feed. The Dark Brotherhood also fell to the Dragonborn's hand, leaving people speculating how the world of crime still spun.

100 years after the Dragonborn's death, the Monastery became active again. People began to notice Pilgrims going up the Mountain, but not back down, with a Blue Mountain Flower. The League was recruiting. Legend has it that after the downfall of the Dark Brotherhood, a new League of Assassins was created. But these were no ordinary assassins. They believed in Justice, and to restore balance to the corrupt. This is what the common person believes of us.

You traveled the world... Now you must journey inwards... to what you really fear... it's inside you... there is no turning back. Your training is nothing. The will is everything. If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely. Are you ready to begin?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You are a member of "The League", a recluse band of assassins who believe in Justice and Natural balance and will stop at nothing to make sure their way is seen. This thread is about their doings, and interelationships.

Rules:
    1)No Godmodding
    2)No Controlling of others characters without permission
    3)Use good grammer and punctuation
    4)Choose from a position of Mentor (If so of which weapon), New Comer or Student. Each will have different types of missions given out in the RP by yours truely.
    5)The Geographical Boundaries of this RP are where you can get to with all DLC plus some slight going over of borders into surrounding countries (So North of Cyrodiil, West of Morrowind etc.)

Characters:
    Sid - Grand Master and Mentor of the Kama, The Kusarigama and Theatricality and Deception - Master Azai Tomotami
    UnLonged - Full Agent of the League - Malpenar Valeius
    MagicBlade - Mentor of the Bow - Val
    Writes-Many-Posts - Newcomer - Jaxx von Helfert
    Specter of Death - Mentor of Destruction - Aharon Vitus Silvanus
    Blackdoom59 - Student - Fenves Dres

MagicBlade

Instinctive
    Awesome dude, you come up with the craziest ideas, this is the plops! Could I perhaps be a mentor/assassin. Basically someone who carries out the jobs with others but also can be called upon as a teacher? I've got a really good Character in mind :)

Sid

Yeah, I guess I do. And sure come up with a CC

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Hey, I really like the sound of this RP. I may have a character in mind. I would like to be a new comer and student if that is OK with you. Get back to me, and I will post a CC on my blog, and on this thread if I can join.

Sid

Yeah, pleasejoin

Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_327 using Tapatalk

Sid

*Please join

Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_327 using Tapatalk

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    So this is 200 years after the events in skyrim?

UnLonged

True to the Name
    No applicants? Guess I'd be the first, then.

Name: Malpenar Valeius
    Race: Imperial
    Appearance: Sports a jet black hair that is tied up in a pony tail with the shorter locks forming loose fringes just beyond his sharp eyes - looking to be cold and calculating that has a shade of grey. His face having a strong yet thin form, often times holding an unsettling smile. Slender overall body figure that forms up at a straight 6 foot, painted in fair white skin tone.
    Gear: He wears extravagant - albeit quite dark - clothing and doesn't wear any armor for he feels such protection is cumbersome and unnecessary for his abilities somehow grow when he is closer to death. He carries with him an enchanted akaviri dai-katana, given to him by an equally psychotic mage as a gift for saving his hide; the blade of which is rusted and the edge is partially damaged yet its ability as a sword is that of a recently crafted one -- almost perfect in caliber -- and feels as light as a regular longsword, allowing it to be carried with one hand but not limited to. Sheathed in an equally old looking crimson scabbard tied on his back.
    Skills: With the unusual feel of his blade, Malpenar took it upon himself to train in using either a single hand or both in wielding his weapon, the latter form holding the most potential to damage an opponent. Having a body not built for a test of endurance, he utilizes his speed, strength, and wits on encounters, thinking the most efficient of ways to kill an individual. Living for months in the wilderness managed to establish a sense of survival on Malpenar, providing him the know-hows of living solely on the gift of nature.
    Personality: Malpenar possesses a sadistic nature accompanied with slight narcissism, holding great joy when killing a person with his own hands and praise with a hint of distaste towards someone else whenever an entity dies without his own physical doing. Above his delight with the destruction of the soul is being in the presence of beauty, either purely superficial or something deep inside - but mostly his preference is that of the former. When confronted by a beauty coming from a woman, his showing of appreciation towards them sometimes come off as he being licentious. With regards to conversing with others, he shows some eccentricity towards them.
    History: Malpenar lived a rather ordinary life - for a middle class individual - during his early childhood; loving parents, good siblings, a small farmstead of their own accompanied with a modest home. His love for aesthetic beauty came from his mother being an admirer of the arts.
    He experienced this normal, if not rather dull, life until the age of 15. On his name day did things became twisted for him. After a good session of hunting game, he comes home to find his family's farm torched and his entire family slaughtered by a lowly group of brigands only looking for something to feed themselves. The trauma of seeing his family as such became too much for him that it rendered him hollow inside, leaving him in a state of shock. One of the more sympathetic brigands found him and took him along with the group, his other companions feeling no disagreement towards the act.
    Malpenar spent ten years being in the "care" of bandits that makes a living by stealing, with killing being their last resort. Even though their acts of murder happens sparingly, it is all that Malpenar notices. On his eleventh year with the bandits, the one who took him in decided that it is time to let the Imperial go on with his own life, sending him on the road with only the clothes on his back, a small coin purse, and a rather dull dagger to defend himself.
    With almost the entire contents of his life seemingly erased with the death of his family, he found no calling and no end goal, the beauty of nature the only thing making him wake up from his sleep. He spent half a year of his life in the wilds, only going to populated areas to trade. One fateful night while hunting a deer, he encountered once again the bandit group that murdered his family, the group greeting him as if they were long friends. Malpenar noticed the absence of his caretaker, the bandit leader stating he died helplessly due to sickness. Despite not being associated with the man, he felt slight grief with his death, not because he parted ways with the realm Malpenar is on but because of the way he died; slowly and, in his thoughts, highly unappealing. He remembered the times he would see a sick person, looking horrifying with the ailment they are carrying, seeing absolutely nothing that could be considered as beautiful.
    He decided to stay with the bandit group but only for his intentions. As the night became darker and fatigue started to work its way towards the bandits, Malpenar moved within the camp with subtlety, applying what he knows when hunting easily startled game. Gripping the same dagger that he was given on the night he was sent away, he plunged the now sharpened blade on the throats of the bandits in their sleep, going from bed roll to bed roll. Soon after the grassy ground was in the shade of their own blood, Malpenar sat on one of the logs that circle the campfire, holding a satisfied smile on his face, a smile that hasn't been drawn on his face for a decade. A smile that came from the thought of having the bandits not experience the shame of dying of old age and have their respective inner art decay over time. A path of blood and death - he sought out to better his skills for years to better deliver unfortunate souls into the other side and remove them from the beautiful face of Tamriel.
    Given his disposition, I doubt he is suitable as a mentor - but then again, there are psychotic teachers out there. You decide what role suits him better.

Sid

Yes it is 200 years after

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
    I might join. If I come up with somebody to throw into the monastery of course

Sid

Okay, I need to get my CC up... UnLonged you're in

MagicBlade

Instinctive
    Yay!

Name: Val
    Race: Nord
    Role: Mentor/Student

Appearance:
    destiny_2014_game-wide.jpg
    Imagine the cape, on the back with a hood and the front mask thing. With black leather instead of metal. No helmet

Personality: Quiet, skilled and tactful, he is a man of few words. With little time for friendship and play, he is very distant. Mor can be revealed IC,

Backstory: I'm thinking of revealing it IC, but it runs along the lives of a hard faring cross of the Alik'r Desert to Skyrim... :)

Weapons: A black longbow with 3 different types of arrows. Barbed, flesh splitting arrows, long thin tipped for armour piercing, and standard arrows with leaf shaped heads. Three daggers; a broad bladed combat dagger, and long, thin stiletto, and a throwing knife. A basic steel sword with a black handle.

Sid

Yep, MagicBlade you're in

UnLonged

True to the Name
    Trippy - I can't see any of the character sheets or some other posts by other people; either they are deleted or the site is buggy.

Liking my title, by the way - I feel like 007 or 47 :D

How many do you intend to include here?

MagicBlade

Instinctive
    Thanks... really excited for this haha

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
    Name: Jaxx von Helfert
    Nicknames: Jeux, a mistake he deeply dislikes
    Race: Breton
    Fame: Unknown
    Alignment: Neutral

Class: Light Armored Dual Wielder
    Faction: None

Looks: Jaxx has spiky dark hair and blue eyes, and has no laugh lines, looking usually a lot more serious than he is. He has no scars or wounds and hasn't much muscles other than his legs. He is tall, skinny, and has slender arms.
    Marital Status: Single
    Current Residence: Any Inn he finds
    Religion: 8 Divines

Diseases: He is sterile
    War: Neutral

Skills:
    • One Handed (Expert)
    • Dodging (Adept)
    • Sneak (Apprentice)
    Personality: Jaxx is a very laid back person, and is many times misunderstood thanks to his nearly unconscious compulsive sarcasm. Avoiding most fights and conflicts out of cowardice instead of wishes for peace, Jaxx is very exhuberant and doesn't have much trouble expressing his feelings and thoughts about everything and everyone. This is often called too much honesty, and makes many dislike him for being too forward. Being also more likely to speak to women than men for obvious aims, Jaxx relies on humor instead of confidence to find company, and rarely pretends to be the arrogant brave idiot he is not.

Equipment:
    • A red scarf that usually covers his mouth and sometimes nose
    • Two emerald made short daggers
    • A couple of iron swords with a sharp emerald tip, for combat instead of stealth
    • Dark trousers, a white shirt and a black coat over it
    • Dark leather gloves
    Spells: N/A
    Powers:
    • Emberald - Jaxx's emerald weaponry start glowing randomly once per week and do additional burning damage to anything struck by them.
    Combat Style: Being usually a coward person who avoids conflict, Jaxx is fit to dodge most attacks and perform the hit and run strategy. If an enemy survives for very long, he won't take long to embrace a retreating strategy.

Health: Medium
    Magicka: Low
    Stamina: High

Dislikes: Brutes, Idiots, Fighting, People that threaten him
    Acquaintances: None

Bio: Jaxx has lived in Ivarstead until he was 15. Once nearly all women smacked their hands on his face for 'the nerve a teenager had to have to ask them out', he had little purpose to remain there, not even considering his family's thoughts about his departure. After losing all the wild animals that tried to maul him during his first day of adventuring, Helfert ended up in front of a dark cave, that lead to a maze of countless lesser grottos. By following his instincts, the boy ended up finding an emerald mine that gave him enough riches for ll his life until he turned 20. Having exhausted his money and mine on extravagant things (his weapons for example), Jaxx decided to exploit his treasure hunting skills once again to try to find more gold. Unfortunately, the Thalmor became aware of his expeditions and begain tailing him into dungeons, forcing him to assassinate their leaders during nights to avoid getting cornered and killed. This made him experienced in most of his current combat knowledge, and allowed him to think he could join the Monastery.
    Misc:
    • He only realized the emerald dug out of his mines had a special power when the ores were all exhausted, which means, anyway, too late.
    Enemy Factions: Thalmor

Most hated foes: Thalmor
    Weakness: Jaxx is farily vulnerable to ranged attacks during the hit and run strategy
    Strength: His strategy allows him to last long and do damage at the same time, very hard for melee fighters

Description: Thalmor Orders
    Justiciar Ialvyth,
    You are meant to track Jaxx von Helfert into Volthume and tail him until he finds something of worth. The Dominion must get any powerful artifacts he might find or any wealthy mines he might unveil. As soon as he outlives his usefulness, you and your men have permission to kill him.
    Elenwen

Color: "I fought creatures ten times your size! I didn't win... But I fought them! You should know that..."

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Please save me a spot!!!!!!!!! Check out the links in my sig to see my examples of CC. I don't the one for this RP yet do to computer difficulties. But I will soon!!!!!

Via Samsung GS4