• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

CHIM

let's get metaphysical
    The Warehouse door opened to a spacious cavern, filled to the top with items stacked neatly on the shelves. As soon as Foronir entered he grabbed a cowl from the shelf on his left. He also took the time to take some tavern clothes and a pair of boots on the shelf opposite. Now the box. What Foronir had in mind was less of a box, and more of a crate. He would then fill it up with bottles of Alto wine, possibly some Black-Briar Reserve. He was leaning to the wine more, and possibly a few tankards to fill up some empty space.

A wooden crate lay near-broken and unused near the entrance, so Foronir opted to use that instead of finding something newer. The crate was branded with the sign of the East Empire Company, and that was good enough for Foronir. He then set out to find some Alto wine. The barrels were full enough of the casks, sure enough, but Foronir thought less of the idea of simple wine when he opened a barrel. Instead, a few bottles of Nord mead replaced what would have been a couple of tankards. "Good enough... but it could be better." Foronir muttered to himself as he left the Warehouse and made for Solitude.

As he neared the entrance to Solitude, he hid in the rough foliage of Skyrim's north-west and stripped himself of his leather armour. He slipped a few lockpicks into the pockets of the tavern clothes he picked up in the Warehouse and put them on. Foronir put his shiv onto the outside of the left boot and secured it with some leather strips, and after that he put the cowl on to hide his ears. He hid his bow and armour in a small enclave of rocks and piled them on the top of each other, and scattered some dirt and leaves on the top of it, as to make the rocks seem like they were a natural formation. He hefted the crate and walked towards the doors of Solitude, proclaiming to the guards, "Delivery for the Blue Palace, open the doors, please?"

MR-WIKI-96

I know all! I am the WIKI!
    Vincent reached the gates that leads into Solitude. Here we are, I'll probably be able too get in no bother. But my elf friend here will have trouble, thought Vincent. He looked behind at the young mage who was following him. The racism during the jarl's birthday is outrageous. Elfs, Khajiihts and argonians are dismissed access due too paranoia. It's ridiculous, thought Vincent.

He was about 25 yards from the gates. He realises that this is the perfect opportunity for the young altmer thief too prove his mettle. He moved the young mage and himself too a nearby tree where they can't be seen or heard by the gate guards. Listen kid, this is your opportunity too show me your ability as a mage and thief. Use a frenzy spell too get the guards away from the gates. Then once we are in, use invincibility too get to proudspire manor. It's a big abandoned bulding, you can't miss it. You'll have too lockpick the door too get inside. We will use it as our temporary base, said Vincent.

He then noticed a bosmer man walking up too the gates with a crate in his hands. Vincent recognised him. He was at the meeting as well, I think his name was Foronir. He's using deceit. Clever, thought Vincent. He then turned back too Morwor. Once you've done that, wait there. I'll be standing outside the winking skeever too guide our fellow guild members to the base of operations. He then looked at the gates then back at Morwor. We will wait until the guards let the deliverer pass. He's part of the guild, I think he's using trickery too get pass the gate guards.

Once he's gone, you shall begin your infiltration. This will be a test of your skill as a mage and a thief. If you do this well then I'll say a good word too Selia about it. If you fail, then don't expect anybody too bust your ass out of castle dour, said Vincent with a strict tone. Now any questions?

.ol0w0lo.

♫♂GIBBERISH MAN♂♫
    So these are the dungeons of Castle Dour. Jinsley smiled. Let’s see how long they can hold a true criminal. Luckily he had not been carrying any weapons or his poisons; he had left these with the apothecary for her to watch in his “brief absence”. They had failed to properly check his undergarments, which was very fortunate for the elf. The bosmer put his hand down in his underwear, fishing around for his lucky lockpick. After several seconds of fishing, he managed to extract the silver stick, a smile encroaching upon his face. He thought to press his lips to the pick before attempting to pick the lock, but remembered where it had come from.

He fiddled with the lock for a few minutes, careful not to break his only lockpick. It was dark, and he was having trouble finding a hole to insert the stick. Typical, I can’t seem to get the stick in the hole. He was determined to escape this cell. Finally, after several discouraging failures, Jinsley heard the satisfying click of a picked lock.

Footsteps approached from around the corner. The bosmer quickly stepped out of his cell so as to get a glimpse at who approached. Whoever they were, they spoke in whisper, and had no source of light. Rather than locking himself back in the cell, he decided to hide around a nearby corner.

After a moment, he realized he was only being paranoid, and left the dungeons, and Castle Dour, a free man (or mer) again. I need a drink. To The Winking Skeever! The man joyfully strolled to the inn, but was stopped by the sight of a familiar face. As he walked toward the inn, the gates opened. Is that Foronir? How long was I in that cell? Jinsley approached his fellow bosmer, half excited to see a friendly face, and half afraid that he had already heard of the elf’s little mistake.

Dar'arjo couldn't waste any more time, he had to meet with Safia soon, as it was almost midnight. As Dar'arjo made his way down the steps that lead to the docks, he thought over what he would do about the mage Vincent. "Dar'arjo is not happy with the way the Breton talked to him, no he is not" Dar'arjo said out loud to himself. "He will soon learn that if this guild is going to be able to function at all, he'll have to be able to obey our orders without question, as hesitation can get you killed in tight situations." Dar'arjo shook his head, chuckling to himself. "What is Dar'arjo saying? He is not the leader of this...guild, even with Selia being absent, Dar'arjo must remember that he doesn't give orders." As Dar'arjo walked towards the Red wave, he was to preoccupied with his ramblings to notice the robed figure creeping up behind him before it was to late. The man quickly covered Dar'arjo's mouth to prevent him from shouting for help, as he jabbed his dagger through Dar'arjo's back. The last thing Dar'arjo could remember before he fell unconscious, was the sight of Safia walking towards him, and behind her the argonian Gullum-Ei. "Damn it" Thought Dar'arjo as his vision started to go black. "Should of known never to trust a pirate."

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Hides and his Knives rode up the the city gates of Solitude, he was still wondering about if this life was best for his daughter when he saw the carnage. He was wearing monk robes over his shrouded armor, so the guards men came up and asked if he was a healer. Maybe I can retire from this to be one, Hides thought and said "Yes Sir but I am an achemist not a priest." "Well this man will take what he can get." Hides dismounted and looked at the guard who had a gaping hole in his chest. "Hmm," Hides truly enjoyied the challenge of taking or saving a life. "Scalpel what do you think should you just cast your heal on him?" "Master, I do believe that would be the best way to save him but should we?" Hides had to think over that for a second, save the guard or have one less persuer. "We should save him," Hides whispered "Need a way to access as much of the city as possible." "Yes Master." Hides turned back to the guards "My friend here is a mage so we can heal the worse of it. Take these potions every few hours and you should be stronger than ever." Nodd of thankfulness from the guardsmen, and Hides walked straight into Solitude, time to find this Proudspire Manor and get to business.

Snoball

23rd President of the United States of America
    After some discussion, Maven felt it would be best to continue further plotting the heist elsewhere, away from the townsfolk of Riften. They headed east to the beautiful, lush Black-Briar Lodge, almost completely separated from Skyrim with its magnificence and serenity. Maven led Jacoby and the small band of hired sell-swords into the foyer, where many familiar faces awaited the traitorous Dunmer. The remaining Black-Briars, original Guild associates, and contacts alike all met there, some of which Jacoby hadn't even known.

"Down to business. Reports have been flooding in of an increase in travelers up to Solitude. Though they could be there or they may not, what we do know is that those fools will have to take time to congregate and form their strategy somewhere in the city. Giving us a chance to strike. Here's our layout:
    1) Fences, you will enter the city separately, undercover and informing us of what actions they choose to take.
    2) My family shall stay behind to ensure Riften's economic flow while we are out.
    3) Maul, a few guards and myself will enter the city casually, I've been able to schedule a meeting with Jarl Elisif.
    4) The precautions the sell-swords take will be up to Jacoby, and this man."

"I'm sorry, Maven. But I'm not leading my own group. Where's the fun in having to act civil and just all the time?" Before he could finish the rant, the man who Maven had mentioned stepped in from the hall. Jacoby knew the face well, and his throat became a bit dry knowing he would have to work with him. The man was none other than the former Guild's second-in-command, Brynjolf.

"I know I can attest to that, hah." He settled himself around the group of people, pushing the auburn strands of hair from his face, eyes locked onto Jacoby with malicious intent. "I'm not a big fan of the leadership role either, but if it's what it takes to get this operation up and running, I'm all for it. But let me make one thing clear lad, you double-cross me, and I'll make you sure you end up like my former comrades, got it?" Still uneasy about the whole situation, Jacoby agreed and soon, the foyer had become empty. Everyone got to what they had to do. For the majority of the ride to Solitude, Bryn and Jacoby had to ride with Maven and her men on a pricey two-horse carriage. Jacoby addressed Bryn one last time before they took off.

"I know we definitely had unsettling differences in the past, just know, I could have killed you with the rest of your guild, but I didn't. We're only going to be "allies" for this mission and this one alone. After this, everything will return to the way it was, and when that happens, I bear no promises to what happens beyond then." Jacoby waited on his response as Bryn just let out a small grin.

"Likewise, lad. Likewise."

CHIM

let's get metaphysical
    Foronir nodded in Jinsley's direction, and smiled warmly. The crate felt heavy in his hands, but he hefted it up one more time, just to give his arms a split second of comfort. Foronir's smile turned into a worried frown, and asked the Bosmer, "Why are you walking around in your undergarments?" He twisted his head slightly and his lip curled into a friendly smirk. "The guards have enough to deal with right now; they wouldn't want to deal with a streaker." Foronir shook and lowered his head in amusement, nearly dropping the crate.

"Greetings my fellow guild member."

The phrase startled Foronir, who looked around fearfully, as if the guards would run at his and tackle him to the ground. His green cowl nearly fell off the top of his head. His expression went from worried to angry. He looked at the slight haze he could barely make out in the darkness of Solitude and whispered quietly, "Hush... you will get us discovered."

.ol0w0lo.

♫♂GIBBERISH MAN♂♫
    “Greetings my fellow guild member.”

Jinsley watched as Foronir flinched. Jinsley had seen the mist approaching from the time it entered the city. “Why, I’d recognize that voice anywhere. You know, Foronir’s right, you’d better not mention the guild, Morwor. Gossipy ladies and such.” Jinsley looked to Foronir. “And if you must know I’ve just…erm… met a very, very lovely woman near Proudspire manor. She decided to show me the inside of her home….yes; I do believe that’s what happened.” He returned Foronir’s smirk. “Have you heard from the others? It can be hard to get into the city around this time of the year, with Elisif’s birthday coming up.” Jinsley paused and looked around. “I’ve already made her gift. It’s waiting in the apothecary.” Jinsley looked at the crate in Foronir's arms.“What's in the box?”

CHIM

let's get metaphysical
    Foronir waved the thought of Jinsley with a woman. I must remain a professional. He took a deep breath and spoke. "I haven't heard from the others, but I saw Dar'arjo, Vincent, and Morwor outside the gates. Seems like quite a racket is happening outside the gates, I should add." Foronir gestured as well as he could with a crate in his arms to the haze. "Also, in this crate is nothing special. Just Alto wine and Nord mead. I'm to deliver it to the Blue Palace. That's how I'll get in." Foronir smiled slyly. "The East Empire Company has been of great help for me. Oh, and before I forget, should I wait for you to get some clothes before I'm seen traipsing around the Blue Palace with a streaker?"

.ol0w0lo.

♫♂GIBBERISH MAN♂♫
    "Actually, I like this look." Jinsley gave a twirl. "Makes me more...aerodynamic. Easier to fly through the air when I musn't worry about tripping over my pants leg." He turned and pointed toward the apothecary. "All of my things are in there. It won't be a moment before I've put on some clothes. I haven't worked out how I'll get into the Palace yet, though. There's not much to cling on to in terms of scaling the walls, and there's only one entrance, as far as I know."

CHIM

let's get metaphysical
    "Maybe you'd want to stick with me," Foronir mentioned to Jinsley. "I'm going in through the front door, with the crate in my hand. It'll make me look like as if I'm making a delivery. The Blue Palace cannot get enough of their fancy Alto wine. There's some Nord mead for the Castle Dour guards, too, if I need to get into the fortress." He curled his lip into a smile. "That is, provided you cover yourself." For the 'umpth' time, Foronir hefted the crate once again. His arms were aching, but that didn't worry him that much. "What about you, Morwor? How are you getting into the Palace?"

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Someone was watching him, Hides lived long enought to trust his instincts. Without changing his gait he started scanning the people outside as he walked toward the supposed address for the guild's home base. "Father what shall we do?" "Go find contacts. We need as much information as we can sqeeze from the underground." Stilletto bowed and took off toward The Winking Skeever. "Scalpel go to the bard's college I think that would be the best place for you." "Yes master." "And me sir" "Razor try and infiltrate Castle Dour." Cleaver nodded to Hides and followed his boss as they tried and navigate Solitude. Hides put his hand on his poisoned dagger, he was uncomfortable to be back in this city. I guess some memories are stronger when you return to their source, Hides laughed, Time to hunt a mole.

.ol0w0lo.

♫♂GIBBERISH MAN♂♫
    Jinsley quickly ran into the apothecary grabbing his things. He noticed the apothecary watching him as he pulled on a new pair of trousers. "Like what you see, lady?" The woman smiled at the elf, giving him a wink. Jinsley shuddered at the thought of her watching him dress. He quickly grabbed the remainder of his things and returned to the side of his fellow thieves.

"I suppose I'm ready when you are, Foronir." He noticed the elf was struggling to keep the crate up. "I could carry the crate, if you'd like."

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    J'Sag-Jo stifled a gasp when he saw the old second-in-command of the Thieves Guild, Brynjolf. He ducked back behind the window, wondering if Pneulon had truly decided to be a traitor. He shuddered at the thought, then returned to watching them speak.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Selia rode her horse across the path to Shor's Stone. J'Saga-Jo had sent her off when he went to investigate Pneulon. She patted Treasure as she jumped over a fallen tree and then drew her bow, as they were approaching the small town. Out front was a blacksmith, speaking with another blacksmith. Selia had no idea which was her target, so she was told it was best to kill both the native blacksmith and Arnskar Ember-Master, the enemy guilds blacksmith. She held her breath, nocked an arrow and shot, piercing one through the heart, then flying through him and hitting the shorter one in the neck. They both fell, causing a panic. Selia just laughed and spurred Treasure through the town and towards Windhelm, oblivious to the guards attacks.

(Soory, short post, wanted to keep the story going.)

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
    I walk slowly in the shadows near Hides, He will find me soon enough..... I could never suprise him... I smile remembering that I am now a knife. I now utilize a pair of Bound Sickles..... I think about the Thieves guild, wondering if joining Hides was a good idea... then I smirk and shake off the thought. I catch up to Hides and say 'What are we up to now, master?"

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    "Good you have arrived," Hides said as he continued his walk unflinchingly. "I assume you got the report. Since this is a theivery job we are sidelined. But we will focus on finding this mole." Whoever would betray us is stupid indeed, Hides thought, I nor Selia will stand by with this disgrace. Hides finally reached the house he was told to go to. "Ver... er Sickle please open this door. We have to start imediately." And so Hides and his Knives began their agenda.

TheDovahkiin

I inwardly chuckle at his obvious lack of suprise, I walk up to the door and silently open it, preparing to battle whatever is inside. Mole eh? What an idiot. Who would betray US? Whatever, it will be fun to see their head on a pike.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Hides, Verlock, and Cleaver soon had their choice of rooms laid out. Hides waited for the rest of the guild's recruit's to show up. He soon had a knife twirling around his fingers, a little thing he picked when he watched a bard do with a coin. He thought of Angeline and her mother, should I visit was what went throught his mind. They had left on reasonable terms, and truly they where his family. Hides took off his monk robes revealing his Dark Brotherhood armor. He put his had on his chest, then agian the Brotherhood was my family and look at what I did to them. "Cleaver." A look of one awaiting orders. "Go find me the local alchemist I have a list of ingredients." Cleaver took the paper and left on his errands. "Sickle go into the city and try and find our way into the palace. We need to have access to the crown. Our guild and the Old Thieves Guild are competing so the mole will want access to it." Hides stopped spinning the knife and clasped his hands, he wanted the crown you never know who might offer the better deal. Hides shook the idea of visiting Angeline, business came first and business was going to be an interesting puzzle.

TheDovahkiin

I stand near hides and watch him twirl a knife. I finnally speak up and say "Who do you think the mole is, sir?" I wait for him to reply with a weird look on my face, wondering who must die to get the crown. Although I am a knife now, I still follow Selias agenda tightly, but Hides word is now my command.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Hides looked at his new apprentice, as he sat in his desk he leaned back. "If I thought anyone was suspect they would be tied to that chair your in. Dagger through their leg with poison spreading through thier body as I asked them questions." Hides laughed, he wondered how much that unsettled Verlock. No matter, Hides thought, I will be able to test my new brews and it shall be glorious. Hides stared into the other argonian's eyes, "Now then should I get the rope and prepare my brews. Or will you get to following your orders?"

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts