OOC The Militia [Currently Recruiting]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    All right then. You are both in. I think that is enough to start the thread! I will post it in active stories later today! :)

shinobiJP

Shadows Preserve You
    Question, you guys still recruiting? I'm really liking the concept of this Roleplay and would be honoured if you guys would allow me to join you.

shinobiJP

Shadows Preserve You
    Alright, here's my character.

Name: Ronin
    Race: Nord

Appearance: Fairly thin and short for Nord standards, his build is much skinnier and more toned than bulky as is the case with other Nords. He has medium length dark hair which spikes up at the front and middle. His eyes are brown with a faint dark tinge around them, giving him a slightly eerie and dark look. He has facial hair which is short and slightly messy. He prefers to dress in dark clothing/armour as it is much easier for him to meld into the shadows.

Personality: Arrogant and eccentric. Two characteristics that have manifested in a physical form to become the Nord Thief known as Ronin. He's overly confident and has no qualms with showing off his skills but this arrogance is warranted. He is one of the best at what he does and he knows it. He is also quite the womanizer, often spending nights in various inns flirting with the fair maidens of the city. While most people only see his arrogance, he has some form of honour, respecting those that deserve respect and never spilling innocent blood. He would never harm or steal from a child but anyone that doesn't fall under these categories is fair game. He also has a habit of making unnecessary grand entrances when he can.

Weapons: Dual Elven Daggers, Longbow and Steel Arrows
    Combat Preference: Using his physical stature to his advantage, Ronin's offense is based around his prowess in speed and deception. He prefers to initiate the first strike, preferably from the shadows and will often use his surroundings to his advantage. While he doesn't have the skills of the Dark Brotherhood, Ronin is quite adept at sneaking up to a target and taking them out before they even know he's there.

Brief History: Ronin was an orphan, his parents being casualties of the Great War. He spent the majority of his childhood in the Honorhall Orphanage in Riften. Because of his smaller stature, the other Nord children would often pick on him. They would chase him all around Riften, forcing him to constantly be hiding. His speed and agility worked to his advantage and as he matured in age, he began to use these "gifts" for other purposes. His initial victims were the other children of the Honorhall Orphanage before his spectrum of targets grew to encompass the majority of The Rift. Slowly, he gained renown for his abilties, even garnering the interest of the Thieves Guild.

He joined and was easily likeable for his quirkiness and his skill, earning admiration from the other members. But there was something odd about the guild, like something had cursed them. During one of their raids, Ronin encountered something that greatly disturbed him. One of their fellow members had murdered a family that had caught them stealing. While this guild member eventually was expelled, Ronin decided to leave the Guild for a little while. He went around to travel the Land of Skyrim, seeking something though he did not know what.

Parven

Harbinger of Nocturnal
    Hey if you need another I will join up if you need it

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
    Hey if you need another I will join up if you need it

Since I saw you do it myself, I will let you know here that posting in a role play without having been invited to is not typically looked well upon. You should wait for the proper response from the story creator before you proceed with any sort of participation in the thread.

Parven

Harbinger of Nocturnal
    Sorry

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    She speaks true. I will let you off though, there is a reason why there is this OOC and why the thread itself is marked Private. I would also like to point out that we are currently full but if you would like to join message me your character card and I will consider it.

Parven

Harbinger of Nocturnal
    Cool

shinobiJP

Shadows Preserve You
    Okay, as to avoid any other confusion, I shall ask here.

Is this Story/Roleplay following any sort of Lore? General Elder Scrolls lore or is there any changes?

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    It follows the elder scrolls lore which Arthonnen seems to constantly change as though he was head of the thread.

shinobiJP

Shadows Preserve You
    In terms of the events during Skyrim, is this Pre-Skyrim, Post-Skyrim or during the whole ordeal? Just making sure in case something happens in our story that goes against the Lore.

Skyrimosity

Shinobi, First of all: Welcome to the RP!
    Secondly: I had Rellian and his guards enter a tower... so its a bit strange you had a bit of a conversation with him (and one that broke his character as well, I might add). I believe someone else mentioned Rellian as well?

To everyone: Sorry for my brief absence, thankfully it doesn't seem like I was really needed. Occasionally I get too busy to be online for perhaps 1-2 days, please be patient with me.

shinobiJP

Shadows Preserve You
    Yea sorry bout that mate, still rather new to this but I think I'm getting the hang of it. The other person was Arthonnen who merely pointed towards your direction. BUt yea, thanks for the welcome.

I think it would be interesting though if Rellian were to question Ronin on his motives as he doesn't seem like the type to join a group like this.

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
    It follows the elder scrolls lore which Arthonnen seems to constantly change as though he was head of the thread.
    What, but I don't constantly change it. How have I constantly changed it. Any way about Goldbrand: "Goldbrand was supposedly wielded by Emperor Titus Mede II in the Battle of the Red Ring against the Aldmeri Dominion, although this has never been officially confirmed by the Imperial government." UESP

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
    Can someone please go and reach for the blade on my pack. For the story, I mean. Arthonnen has to seem oddly protected over the sword. Oh and the person has to get hit, knocked down when he sees them. You can just touch the handle and be about to pull.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    Alright then. I think that perhaps they could have like a headquarters of some sorts. Perhaps something like a fort? The group could journey to the fort and that could perhaps be the story. Kind of like a Lord Of The Rings esque journey?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts