Private The Magnificent Endeavour

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    Holo shook her head. "Mage's. Their all bad luck." She sighed and walked over to where Zaia had fallen, and began to help her.

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
    Ozan stood idly by, watching calmly as a single strand of the rope loosens near the beginning of the bridge. Then, another. Strands begin snapping, the archaic bridge slowly beginning to fail. "Unfortunate happenstances. Ozan was criticized when he complained of lacked funds." He shrugs. "Can't stay on this side."

He begins running, practically tip toeing across with great speed. Right as he reaches the rest of the party, the bridge snaps a plank behind the hapless mage. Ozan leaps over all three, grasping the rope and a slightly decayed plank, clinging tightly as it falls to the side.

Isara12

Oblivion explorer
    The swing to the cliff side turned out to be a bad move,however. As Zaia hit the cliff side full force, and was knocked unconscious. Her lifeless body let go of the rope and began its plummet below...

(who will be the hero? :O)

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    Holo cursed loudly. "Well, shall we continue?" Holo turned and went to the island.

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
    Ozan, still calm, digs into his sash, retrieving a slender rope ties a knot quickly to the broken bridge. "Don't go too far Bosmer. Ozan may need a savior as well."

He allows himself to fall back, diving and easing wind resistance to hasten himself to the robed Breton. An extended hand upon her ankle, grabbing tightly. Ozan's other hand grabs the rope, slowing before stopping abruptly. Ozan gasps, the rope reaching an absolute end and the Breton's ankle slipping slightly. The hand which once held the rope now lifts the sash, checking the rope tied around his waste. It was slightly bloodied, his silvered fur becoming a gentle crimson. He sighs, turning awkwardly to grab her foot with both hands.

They rest there, suspended. Stranded on this rope above a very deep and perhaps very cold lake.

"This unfortunate situation shall be fully compensated through the Breton's profit..." cursed the Khajiit.

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
    "Embarrassing... Ozan, the Magnificent... caught on a line like a petty fish to be reeled in... why has his pride been forsaken as such?"

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    Holo crossed her arms and tapped her foot impatiently on the island. "Why not just leave the mage? The only thing mage's are good for is trouble. She could be a necromancer for all we know." She muttered a curse under her breath that sounded something like. "Damned necromancers. Most annoying people on the planet."

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    "And what do you expect me to do? It is the mage's own fault, it is not that hard to see which boards are going to send you plumeting into water, next time she should use the eyes that the god's gave her." Holo crossed her arms and continued speaking. "But if I must help, then so be it." She walked over to place where Reg was pulling Ozan up. "Stop pulling, and keep the rope still. This shouldn't be to hard." She looked down at Ozan and Zaia, and gauged the distance between her and them and the rock walls. "Ozan, I suggest you hang on to her tight it's gonna get a little bumpy. If I fall I will catch up to you guys when I can, I have a feeling there might be some old caverns under the water that leads to the dungeon, or whatever you want to call it." Holo starting in the middle of the bridge, ran towards the island. Instead of going to the island about a quarter of the way there she jumped off the bridge towards the rock wall, when she was high above Ozan. As soon as she hit the wall she pushed off towards the rope, falling for a couple seconds towards them. She grabbed the rope causing it to swing towards the other side, she began to make the rope swing much like a pendulum, when they were close enough to the rock wall she jumped onto the wall pulling the rope with her, she clung to the rock wall. "Damn you guys are heavy, Ozan use your other hand and grab on to some thing." She called out to Reg. "Cut the rope and take it over here above me."

arctic73

Org. XII Outcast
    Reg got slightly annoyed at Holo. Where he came from you never abandoned a teammate. But when she jumped off and started all her acrobatic movement, he was just in awe. She seemed to know what she was doing, so Reg followed her instructions, cutting the rope and bringing it to where she wanted it. Hope this works, he thought.

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    Holo, still holding on to the rope twisted it around her hand several times. "When I say, start pulling." Holo put her feet together on a small ledge and putting her hands high above her on a thicker ledge. "Pull!" Holo pulling up with all her might, and jumped up nearly 5 feet from where she once was. "Keep the rope taunt if you don't I could get tangled up in it and fall." She continued this acrobatic display until she was near the top. The last ledge jutted out, and created a barrier. Holo cursed. She jumped one last time to the ledge her fingers grasped the edge of it. She took a deep breath, and began to swing forward and backwards. She swung until she had enough momentum and she let go her feet hit the top of the ledge with a muffled thud, with the rope around her hand she pulled Zaia, and Ozan to safety. Afterwards she began to sweep the dust off of her. "Well, wasn't that interesting."

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
    Ozan grumbled quietly, ungrateful for the rescue. He walks shortly to the middle of the suspended island. In the middle was a stone pit, a flight of stairs lining it to the bottom where a statue of Kynerath stood, a wooden post with a paint brush, and a trap door on the bottom.

"First test perhaps? Seems like it..." he turna to the party. "Ozan still has the letter. He would gamble the world it is coded. We may decode it now or simply continue. Your choice."

Isara12

Oblivion explorer
    At this point, Zaia woke up.

"...someone please elaborate what the heck happened?"

Vixen

Neko, Vixen, jailbait
    "I just saved your life. Let's just continue shall we?"

arctic73

Org. XII Outcast
    "Well... you fell a bit, then Ozan jumped to grab you, then Holo jumped, and I stayed up here. The Holo did some jumps and flips and here you are." Reg was still a bit bewildered by the events that had just occurred. "I'm all for moving on, but perhaps it would be smarter to decode it now, where we know we're semi-safe?" he said to Ozan.

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
    "Very well..." Ozan retrieves the letter from his sash, opening it. "Ozan shall read off the letter. Doesn't seem too hard..."

He clears his throat and reads off the words by the letter.

"Gl dsln rg nzb xlmxvim,

Gsv hvzixs uli gsv uftrgrev droo yv vzhrvi gszm dv gslftsg. Gsv Vowvi Hxiloo, mlg hl nfxs.

R drhs uli gsv hxiloo gl yv yilftsg gl gsv Rnkvirzo Oryizib zh nfxs zh blf, yfg dv'ev srg sziw ivhrhgzmxv uiln olxzo nlmhgvih. Dv'oo mvvw nliv nvm ru dv zir gl hfxxvvw.

Gsv Gvnkov rghvou rh ufoo lu kfaaovh zmw irwwovh wvmbrmt vmgib gl ulloh, yfg hvvnh hrnkov vmlfts. Gsv kfaaovh zohl ivhvg zugvi vmgib yfg ivlkrm gl kiverlfh zivzh drgs z ovevi.

Hvmw zgovzhg lmv wvelfg hlowrvi. Ru sv mvvwh svok, gsv urihg kfaaov, dsrxs rh gl Pbmzivgs, rh gzpv gsv kzrmgyifhs zmw wizd z wrznlmw rm gsv hpb.

Rg'oo nzpv hvmhv dsvm gsvb tvg gsviv.

Lazm'h srwv zmw sm Vowvi Hxiloo. Z kviuvxg yzitzrm, ml?

-Tizvorm"

Ozan tilts his head. "Seems like another language. Doubt it is, though... anyone care to look?"

((It does say something. If you've ever played Morrowind, it'll be a lot easier. Good luck.))

Ozan

the Magnificent Bastard
    "Bosmer? Breton? Any ideas?"

((Its easier than it looks, I promise.))

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts