• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I'm constantly seeing products being compared to "the leading brand" and I can't help but wonder; if their product is so much better than the leading brand, why isn't IT the leading brand? And if all these products are so great, why is the leading brand in the lead at all since clearly it sucks?

Also, I don't want my food to have arms and legs and beg me to eat it.

I don't want to see cars racing along on dusty plains and doing things that would get me, at the very least, a ticket.

In short, I want Truth In Advertising.

Invader Vin

Look at it this way, while the top musical artist of the times might not exactly be the most talented performer out there, they still are selling more albums and making more money than perhaps better talented singers and musicians. I don't listen to the radio or watch tv, but from what I hear, artists like Justin Beiber and Lady Gaga are popular, but aren't exactly noted for being superior as far as talent goes. So it might be the same with any other kind of product--the "leading brand" is more popular, but according to the advertiser's commercial, their product is allegedly better.

I've always thought the same same thing about car commercials for sure. The majority of us are not professional drivers with access to closed off areas or private tracks but I figure advertisers are trying to entice us with the capabilities of the vehicles they are showing off. I suppose it is a bit odd that they cater to our inner desires to have the horsepower to cut people off in traffic...at any rate though, I'm admittedly not well learned when it comes to advertising but that's just my thoughts on it.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Advertising. If you have more money to spend pimping your product out, the more popular the product is, therefore the more money you make.

I agree about the truth in advertising though. Infomercials are flat-out insulting to intelligent people.

I guess one problem is the dullards out there that eat all of it up.

Karen

boop.
dear-shaving-commercials.jpeg

Invader Vin

Advertising. If you have more money to spend pimping your product out, the more popular the product is, therefore the more money you make.

I agree about the truth in advertising though. Infomercials are flat-out insulting to intelligent people.

I guess one problem is the dullards out there that eat all of it up.

For infomercials this is especially problematic when it comes to fitness products. So many folks are looking for that magical piece of equipment or wonder drug that will lead to quick and easy gains in muscle mass or fat loss. Advertisers capitalize on those desires for a quick and easy solution regardless of whether or not their products will work as claimed. Then again not too many people are fond of hearing the real truth about the "secret" to 6 pack abs which is lots of exercise, cardio, patience and proper nutrition. So yes, part of the problem is all those out there that eat it up.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts