• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Uri started to head towards her house, reaching the door she withdrew her hand "Maybe Rumare will go with me tomorrow on some errands?" she tapped on her door handle before finally turning it and pushing her door open letting out a relieved sigh "Lilly glad you're still here, anyone come by while I was out?" she shook her head "No Uri no one came by, but I can't stay all night like normal this time, my mother is ill and my brother is taking off to help the guards out tonight" Uri nodded at Lilly "I understand that's fine just lock the windows and doors before you leave, there was a uninvited guest last night" Lilly nodded at her and continued on her work.

"ill be back tomorrow morning Uri, I know you said take it off but I think it'd be best to keep my mind busy" Uri nodded "Ok Lilly but if your mom needs you I mean really needs you even if it's small, stay home with her". Lilly left Uri's house leaving her alone, Uri grabbed all her books and notes and spread them out on the floor by her fireplace, laying down on a blanket she threw on the floor she starting going through her notes, quickly scribbling items she needed.

She had fallen asleep on her books and notes she was woken up with the key lock clicking open, she opened one eye looking at the door to see her dark haired friend walk in "You awake?" grumbling "Yeah shouldn't of crashed on the floor" Lilly shook her head and helped Uri up and gather her things and start her day.

Uri waved bye to Lilly, grabbing her list, books and bag she headed out her home and down the beaten dirt road towards Rumares place "Hopefully he will be up to run errands with me" she almost started to skip towards his house, passing a few food stands she stopped and grabbed a few apples and a couple extra in case Rumare wanted one. She walked up towards his door and lightly knocked on it "Rumare?"

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Waking suddenly late the next day, Illia rubbed her eyes and brushed her hair out of her eyes, trying to shake the nightmare out of her head. She'd dreamed that Torlin had died, along with Jowulf and everyone else that was important to her, had been captured, and she was the only one that could save them. She dreamed that she'd attempted to do just that, and had failed. And it was this, more than anything, that scared her.
    She tried to ignore the thoughts as she dressed herself; eating slowly, she brushed her hair and stepped out of her house. It was... cool. Not warm, not cold, but somewhere in between, and the skies were completely hidden behind clouds, which gave a very grey, dark feel to the day. Something felt ominous about it.

Illia felt that she should go and talk to Jowulf; she'd have to eventually, but after he'd kissed her last night, she was kind of dreading it. In any case, she headed off toward his house, hoping to find him there. However, she quickly found that he wasn't. Having knocked on his door five times, with no answer, she decided to search all of his other hidey-holes; first, the walls. He wasn't there either, so next was the tavern.

Sure enough, Jowulf was sitting at a table alone, head in his hands and a bottle of ale in front of him. The barkeeper, Jann, gave her a stern look, as if she'd done something wrong.
    "What have I done now?" she asked, moving closer so as to be quieter.
    "Well, Torlin was in here last night ranting and raving about how you'd been an arrogant little sod, or something along those lines."
    "Ah." She scratched the back of her head. "Anything else?"
    "Well, I don't know what you did to that poor boy, but he seems to be trying to drown himself."
    "Don't ask." She grimaced at Jann, and moved to sit down across from Jowulf. He looked up, and almost had a heart attack. He jerked backwards in his chair, spilling a small amount of ale on his clothes and spouting nonsense for a few seconds before he calmed down.

"Uh, Illia!"
    "Hey, Jo."
    "...Heeyyyy... So... How's it going?"
    "Jo, if you think I'm just going to ignore what happened last night, then your brain must be fuzzled." Jowulf sighed heavily, brushing his hand over his head with the look of a builder dreading the job to come.
    "Right. Well... I guess I should say I'm sorry."
    "No." Jowulf paused, looking her in the eyes suspiciously.
    "Wait, what?"
    "I came here to see you, so I could say..." Illia breathed heavily. "So I could say that I think I feel the same way."
    Jo stared at her, his jaw dropping slightly. Then he grinned, his mouth still hanging slightly open, and began to laugh.
    "What?" Illia began to sI'm a racist asshole who doesn't understand boundaries, respect, or basic human decency and I need help as well, not sure what was so funny.
    "Just you. You're as nervous as I am!"
    "I am not, you're a damned nervous wreck!"
    Jowulf didn't say any more; he simply leaned across the table and smacked a kiss upon Illia's lips, maintaining it for a lot longer this time, giving Illia a chance to kiss him back. It lasted for some time before Jann cleared his throat loudly. The couple broke apart, Illia standing up and leaving in silence, waving and winking at Jo as she strolled out of the tavern.

In her elevated mood, Illia somehow decided to go and say sorry to Torlin; Jann's half-lecture had actually succeeded in making her feel guilty. However, when she saw the streak of blood and commotion near Torlin's house, the smile vanished from her face. She pushed her way through, noticing the goblin heads littering the floor around a small contingent of guards who, she assumed, had gone with Torlin to clear out the encampment she'd scouted out yesterday. Rolling her eyes, she went inside to check on Torlin; apparently he'd been completely silent apart from his battle cries at the camp.
    "Torlin?" No reply. "Torlin? You in here?" There was a tiny moan from the bedroom, one that normal ears wouldn't have noticed. But Illia was a trained hunter; her ears were trained far beyond that of normality. She spun on her heel and went straight in, gasping at the sight of him; he was lying, barely conscious, with a blood-stained shirt on the floor beside him, evidently from the gaping hole in his chest. Illia ran for the makeshift medicine cupboard Torlin had in his bathroom, pulling out bandages and alcohol. She emptied the alcohol over the wound, making Torlin scream in agony. She grimaced, finding it hard to listen to his pain; he was effectively her big brother, and had protected her since she had come to Stormhold. Now, it was her turn. A group of soldiers came running in, having heard Torlin's screams, and noticed what Illia was doing. They lifted the mountain of a man up so Illia could wrap a bandage round his chest, then picked him up to carry him to a doctor. Illia put her hands over the wound, pressing down hard while they moved, gazing into Torlin's face while tears streamed down her own.

The next few minutes were a blur; Torlin was placed on a bed, a doctor was called to him and Illia was told to wait outside, despite her desperate screams to help him. One of the soldiers sat beside her, giving her a shoulder to cry on while she was waiting. Eventually, Jo turned up and took the soldier's place, trying in vain to ask Illia what happened. She remained silent apart from her cries and moans of heartache.

It was hours before Illia was allowed to see Torlin. Jo took her in, supporting her weight and helping her down into the chair beside Torlin's bed. Jo held one of her hands while her other was laid across Torlin's chest, clutching at whatever life was left in him, trying to claw it back from the void.
    And there Illia stayed, for many hours, in the same exact position; staring down at Torlin and clutching his chest, until eventually night came and Jo had to leave her. The tears wouldn't come any more; Illia just stared in shock at Torlin. And before long, when the blackness of night infected the room around her, she curled up in her chair, suddenly wrapped in a woolen blanket after an unnoticed visit from a herbalist. And she fell asleep, not intending to leave this room until Torlin woke up, or until his spirit went to whatever safe haven he believed in.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Rumare's eyes had just started to flicker open when an unexpected knock came at his door.

"Rumare?"

Who on earth? How long had he been asleep? Surely not the whole day!?

Rumare stood to his feet and smoothed out his trousers, and headed to the door. He wondered who it could have been, and before doing anything, grabbed a dagger and placed it in his left hand.

He had seen a few of the other's homes be ransacked in his time here in Stormhold. Supplies would become scarce at times, and people became desperate. He wasn't sure if anyone would be foolish enough to do such a thing to someone so close to the Keepers, but one can't be sure of anything in this world anymore.

That, and the dream he had just woken up from involving that Kaalys woman wasn't very pleasant.

He opened the door, his hand prepared to cut up anyone who tried to mug him, until his eyes came upon a familiar face.

"Uri? What are you doing here?" He quickly realized he had removed his shirt, and quickly closed the door further to conceal the fact. How embarrassing.

"Is everything alright?"

A.Auditore

maybe...
    She started to giggle, seeing him blush for him being half naked "Did I wake you?" she started to tap the side of her leg, looking away from him to not further his embarrassment "I was unaware that you could even turn that shade of red" she looked over her shoulder giving him a smirk, before he shut the door.

Leaning against his door frame "Um what I'm really here for is that I'd like you to run errands with me and mostly just hang out with me today since Lilly is working at my house for a few hours then going to take care of her mother and" looking around the streets before resting on his door, the cold wind turning her cheeks redder "And I don't know where Illia is at" shuffling the loose dirt at her feet "And yeah well I just want company today and it's been awhile since we have even been alone together and just hung out" she started to paw at his door "Plus I figured you'd like to go to the library with me?"

She stopped pawing his door awaiting his answer "or you going to let this helpless female wander the hold unaccompanied with no male to keep her safe as she travels to the shops and possibly gets mugged on her way to the library between the dark alley ways?" she let out a soft giggle

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Rumare knew that when he had realized his blunder Uri would never let him forget it. He shook his head and left the door, creaked open to go get dressed in some more comfortable clothes.

Sure that this time he was decent he opened the door and nodded to Uri. "I'd be happy to. I need to get my mind off things anyway."

His mind shifted to Torlin's words, then to the Bosmer woman, then to his recent blunder, and knew that the only way to keep himself from thinking about it all too much was to distract himself.

He stepped of his stoop and started toward the town. However, surprisingly, he turned around and looked to Uri.

"What kind of errands are we running?" He asked. "If you don't mind my asking?"

It was the most Rumare had said to Uri without either of them teasing or mocking each other. Out of all the Keepers, Uri was the closest thing to a friend he had. The fact that she was half-elf like he was was what caused them to "Speak" in the first place.

He just wished she wouldn't tease him so much.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Torlin awoke screaming. All of the feeling had left his limbs and he could not raise his head to see what was going on. He caught glimpses of Illia, apparently hard at work on something, but he could not see what. His mind had become clouded as the poison seeped deeper into his body, his heart struggling to keep pumping. All he could do was stare at the ceiling and scream as his wound began to burn. He could not talk, he could barely scream, but he kept doing so, just to reassure himself that he hadn't passed on just yet. He heard the door swing open and the hurried sound of boots on his wooden floor. He was raised towards the ceiling, still screaming, swearing an oath in his head that he would find the men carrying him when this was all over and knock their teeth out. He did not last long, however, before the pain consumed him, and he gave way to wound, losing consciousness.

Life came flooding back to Torlin suddenly when he felt the softness of another mattress beneath his back. He had lost all feeling apart from the searing pain. He couldn't open his eyes or his mouth, not even to scream. He couldn't really hear what was going on. He thought he heard Illia's voice, but the shouts and panicked chatter among the others in the room drowned her out. Pain took hold again and his body tensed up involuntarily as he felt a bandage let go of his torn torso, gripping at the wound as if trying to pull it off as well. It finally released its hold on him, and an assortment of what felt like leaves were forced into the gaping whole. He felt the ping of a needle, as thread was passed through his skin again and again, trying to get the demon on his chest to shut its mouth. He could not tell how many of his veins were black now, as far as he was concerned it didn't matter. He would be on his way the Gods soon enough. It was a shame, if he survived, too, the little goblin had managed to get his good side, his hammer side. He would be taken from his forge for weeks. All he could think about were the consequences, the little ones, seemingly oblivious to the fact that his life was on the line. As the needle stopped, and the thread pulled tighter, it was as if the seal was gone, and he let out an ear-piercing shriek as the wound was pulled tight. Again, he could not keep control, and just a few seconds later, he felt himself slipping, and into the dream world he went once again.

Moonlight was dancing on Torlin's face when he woke up. His chest felt as it he had been hit with a fireball, and an ice spike, both at once. From what he could tell, he wasn't dead, and he could blink, which was a good sign. He quickly became aware of a silhouette in the small wooden chair to his right.Startled, he made a desperate attempt to sit up, using both of his elbows to support his massive frame, be he fell swiftly, letting out a loud yelp as he went. A huge wave of relief flooded through Torlin when Illia revealed herself. "Torlin! It's me, you're safe!" It vanished immediately when she hugged him. As he winced she recoiled, excusing herself with"Sorry, but you weren't fine a few hours ago." Torlin allowed himself a chuckle as the pain subsided. "Forget a few hours ago, I'm not fine now!" He realized he was shouting and hushed himself. He sighed. "What happened?"

"You mean apart from getting your chest torn open and it getting poisoned? Not a whole lot." She smirked. "Sorry. I found you in your house, pretty much incoherent, so some guards helped me drag you in here after I bandaged you up." Torlin chuckled again, remembering his silent oath about the guards. He realized, he laughed more after a near death experience. And it was a shame it wasn't the first time. "Now, now. There's no need for the attitude. Besides, I'm sure they didn't tear my chest open. It was just a scratch, it was the poison that did the work." He remembered seeing his veins turning black and shuddered. "I'm sure I'll be fine now. As soon as morning comes I'll get back to the forge. Torlin had expected fierce resistance, and so Illia's "Okay," came as a pleasant shock. What he had not been expecting, however, was her apology. "And, Torlin? I'm sorry, for what I said yesterday. I... understand why you don't want me risking my life for the group. "I'm sorry I said you didn't have any honor. I'm sorry I'm so... difficult, at times." Torlin stopped, realizing the barkeep had ratted him out. He contemplated apologizing in response, for the things he had said out of spite, but his pride got the better of him. "Well, let's keep it that way then. Next time I tell you to do something, just think of this," he said jokingly, winking at her. "I think you should probably leave me to sleep now, Illia, unless you're happy to keep an old man company and not run off to your troublemaker boyfriend." He had turned to mocking her. "But Illia," he leaned in and whispered, "don't think that just because I can't really move my right arm, that I can't still beat the plops out of that little punk," he said with a smile. He was all about reminders.

Torlin was met with pleasant sunshine the next time he awoke, a privilege he was certain he would never be blessed with again. He tried to sit up again, the pain having dulled, and his torso was instantly set ablaze. He forced himself through it and stood, unsteady, and forced on a white shirt. He made a special effort to avoid looking at the wound. He stumbled out of the building and into the streets. They seemed to be bustling, much busier than usual. People were whispering to each other, muttering, looking at him almost with disgust as he hobbled towards the shop. The door had been left open, but it looked like no-one had been here. Then he realized what was wrong. At least 100 people were in the street near the wall. And not a single face other than those of the guards were familiar. "Agrastyr?" He shouted out. "Illia? Uri! Draven!" He hesitated. "Rumare!" None of them were anywhere to be seen, and the guards just looked at him confusedly. He shouted over to them, "Find them! Find someone! What the hell is going on?"

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Putting her hands on her hips giving him a serious look "Well if you must know" she said sarcastically before busting up "ok Ok sorry sorry, I need a few things from the apothecary she just got new ingredients and I need to refill some of my bottles" she jiggled her bag lightly as the sound of glass chimed off inside "And I need to get Lilly something for helping me maintain my house and cook for me this week since Ive been nose deep in the books lately working on my new potion" she jumped a bit "and last the library" she gave him a big grin "Its one of the few places that we can actually talk and not be bothered, plus there were some things I need to talk to you about" she leaned in whispering in his ear "You want an apple?"

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Draven woke up from his nap and stretched. Scratching himself behind his ears, he let out an impressive yawn and heard horses underneath him. It took him a few seconds to realize that he had fallen asleep on top of the stables, again. He went to scratch his chest be realized he was still wearing his armor. Oh by the divines, he cursed to himself. He must have scrambled up here after the light fighting he did on his little excursion. Blood up, Draven must have felt invincible not having a good enough challenge. Then ate his food, falling asleep to the gentle breeze and light draft. He noticed that the small cloth that he bore the Old Man’s special bread in was clean of all crumbs, meaning some small animals and birds came by while Draven was asleep. He groaned and growled as he stood on top of the roof, and immediately fell into a four point stance when the roof groaned in protest. Draven didn’t realize how lucky he was that his armor didn’t cause him to fall through the roof, possibly onto sharp stable equipment or a young colt. Draven collected the cloth and jumped off the roof. Rolling as he landed, he rag dolled rolling across the ground with a goofy grace. He crawled over to the trough to drink some water, splashing himself in the face and getting some of the grime off his armor. Draven wasn’t introspective by any means life being about food and fighting, but his mind would sometimes drift off to back home. He liked Cyrodiil, but still he had to honor his word. With a sigh, Draven took to wandering the city. Hoping that this strange tingling sensation he felt was just from his armor and his skin from not being washed properly.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Rumare listened to her list her errands and thought about what it was he needed. He was certain there was something that he needed to go out and grab.

Though the fact that she was going to the library was good enough for him.

He nodded to her, worldessly agreeing to go along with her. He took an apple from her hand, and took a bite.

As he did so, he thought about what it was that Uri wanted to tell him. The way she said it made him worry, as he was afraid she was going to lead him to the library and prank him or something.

He never could tell what Uri was up to.

He took another bite and swallowed, following her to the apothacary. As he did so, he finally asked the question that was on his mind, as it was going to tear him up unless he knew what he was getting himself into.

"What kind of things do you mean?"

A.Auditore

maybe...
    (sorry for the hold up, ill color when I get on the computer, this is both from Cap and I)

As they passed through the door of the apothecary, Uri quickly made her way towards the counter, gently placing her bag in front of the store keeper "The bottles are all labeled, fine grind the ingredients for me" she placed her hands flats on the counter "Not so fine like last time" she looked at the man "I'll be back to pick them up and I'll pay you then" giving him a smile and turning towards Rumare to answer his question "I know usually our relationship consists of pranks jokes and all that fun stuff" she held her arm up and the other across her chest "Archers honor no foolies this time, and I'll tell you when we get to the library" she smiled at him grabbing his hand "But that doesn't mean jokes won't be happening cause what kind of day would that be between us if there was no fun" she winked and dragging him along to the other shops.

She watched as Rumare watched her eyes as she swore on the Archer's honor, looking for any hint of excessive mischief. Satisfied with her promise, Rumare nodded and smiled. She then winked and grabbed Rumare's hand, which caused him to go red in the face slightly from embarrassment. Then she drug him off to their next destination, which Rumare hoped desperately was the library.

holding on his hand tightly Rumare and Uri walked up to the general store in the hold, she released his hand somewhat slowly giving him a small smile before taking off to the one side of the small shop. she passed some of the books that the library had donated to the shop her fingers trailed along the books bindings before stopping on the necromancy book, her eyes widen as she grabbed it from the shelve and started flipping through the pages before tucking it under her arm and continued browsing the store looking over the small stand at Rumare who was doing the same thing on the other side

Rumare scanned the store's wares opposite of Uri, who seemed to be surprised at a tome which bore some rather interesting markings. Markings that made him feel immediately uneasy. He found a book of his own, a book that's markings swept his mind's attention immediately. It was a new Restoration tome, and from what he could tell... It was a spell he had not studied before. Eager to begin work on it, he grasped it off the shelf and headed over to Uri, following her as she looked through the shop.

Uri had a few candles, the book on necromancy and another notebook, she saw Rumare are stare uneasy at the black leather bound book with the red writing "Does this disturb you?" she wiggled the book at him "Don't worry I'm not one of bringing the dead back" she smiled at him " You know I like reading and the library usually doesn't carry these sort of books" He nodded, knowing she was being honest. "Same with books like these. They're just too rare to pass up."

His mind returned to the book and Uri. She didn't seem like one to enjoy undead. But he knew that at some point, she was going to prank him with a few undead coming to his house or something. Rumare looked down to his own book, and thumbing through the pages. "Did you find everything you need?"

seeing the discomfort in his face "If it makes you uneasy I can put the book back Rumare" she lightly grabbed his hand "I'd never use anything against you that'd really harm you" she gave his hand a light squeeze befire letting go "I have everything I need" she grabbed a empty purple bottle "You?" smiling "Great lets pay for all this then head to the library"

Rumare felt a twinge of guilt as she said she'd put the book away. He knew that they were kindred spriits when it came to literature and such. So if someone tried to make him put a book away because it made them uncomfortable, he would read it aloud in front of them. Not wanting to ruin Uri's fun, he shook his head. "No. Take it. You look like you would really enjoy it." and answering her question she had ask "Looks like it." He replied.

She then stated it was time to pay and go to the library. He nodded with a smile. "Let's get to it then." she looked back at him "You sure?" as he nodded at her she smiled at him giving him a light kiss on the cheek "excellent lets get going" as they paid for their items and walked outside and saw something going on near the gate "Should we go see what's going on?" she looked at Rumare, then back towards the crowd spotting enough guards to take a small bandit camp down and the old man, turning back towards Rumare "It looks like it's under control unless you want to check it out?" Rumare looked around at the chaos and confusion around him, wondering what on Nirn it could be. He nodded at her question. "Yes, we should."

As they pushed further to see what was going on, they noticed that they had gathered enough men to raze a village, and thanks to Uri, he also noticed Agrystyr, everyone's favorite old monk. The situation seemed to be under control, as Uri had stated, but Rumare still wanted to go check it out. That was, until he heard Torlin calling out his name. Torlin was the LAST person he wanted to see today. Rumare immediately turned to Uri and spoke. "I think they have under control too. Hurry, let's go!" Before she had time to question it, he grabbed her hand and sped off toward the library.

she had no time to answer Rumare as her arm almost felt like it was ring ripped from her socket as he pulled her behind him up the stones steps and into the library and through the wooden doors, coughing and laughing at the same time as she tried to catch her breath "What was that about Torlin was calling us" she looked at him smiling "You want to hide from him don't you?"

He shut the door behind him, and watched as Uri was having some sort of attack. Wait. No. She was just laughing, coughing and clambering for air all at the same time. He shook his head with small smile on his face. "Sorry Uri. I know that was a little brusque."

Then she asked about Torlin, and Rumare knew he had been found out. "I've just had enough of him for a while." He walked over to a table and sat down. "Torlin is someone you need to take in...very small doses." he looked at her "Now, tell me about this super secretive story you have?" He said with his trademark small smile.

Placing her stuff across from him, taking out her notebooks and a few scrap paper and throwing her coat over the chair and started for the small book shelf "Well it's not much of a secret of houses being broken into lately" she pulled a few purple books from the shelves and sat across him "and the night before the hunting trip that damn nord broke into my house!"

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    "Well it's not much of a secret of houses being broken into lately." She started, reaching for what looked like a matching set of purple covered books. She grabbed them and sat across from him, fanning them out on the table.

When she said this, Rumare's memory immediately shot back to the bosmer woman from before. Kaalys, she called herself. Was that what the woman was doing?

Uri continued, bringing Rumare back from his questioning mind.

"And the night before the hunting trip that damn nord broke into my house!" She finished, looking a bit upset.

Rumare spoke up immediately. "That's interesting, not to mention terrifying. Do you know what he was after? Did he say?"

A.Auditore

maybe...
    "He didn't say what he was after but I am pretty sure what he was looking for" she grunted rolling her eyes as she opened her notebook and grabbed something to write with and opened the books she took off from the shelves "You seem some what distance than usual today, something wrong? Did I do something?" Uri was worried the necromancy book she bought from the general store was still bothering him, but she knew that Rumare would never ask her to return a book, he was the same as she was in almost every way possible minus the gender part, they were both one of the top archers in the hold, both being Halflings and they both had a love for books, and spells, it was here in the library that they actually first started talking without the other Keepers around and it was like their little hideout, rarely did anyone come in here, and if they did it was to either refresh up on spells or simply get away from the busy hold from outside "Rumare?" she looked at him as he almost seemed to be zoning out, reaching over the table grabbing his hand "You ok?"

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Torlin's shouts seemed to go unheard. The chattering mess of people in front of him just seemed to stare at him with even more intrigue, as his eyes darted wildly from side to side, desperately hoping to settle on a familiar face. Eventually he gave up, and threw himself forwards from the steps outside the hall where he had been treated. He flailed his arms around as if grabbing at the air itself as he struggled to stay on his feet, as breathe after breathe evaded his clutch. He composed himself slowly and began walking towards the keep, travelling at more of a stumbling pace than he would have liked. He stopped when he thought he saw Agrastyr, but if he was there, Torlin could not see him at second glance, and so he carried on trekking, eventually reaching the massive stone steps.

The world began to spin around him and the sounds from the gate became distant, but soon enough he was stumbling up the steps again. A small group of guards gazed at him as he walked past, and he glared back, threateningly. He cleared the top of the stairs and hurled himself through the keep doors, bashing his way into the council chamber. Three guards were by the doors to the War Room. "Get me the rest. All of them. No excuses. They have one hour. If they're not here, they're not one of us. I want them all here, now. Got it?" The guards looked baffled, but complied nonetheless. Shuffling hurriedly out of the room, they muttered among themselves, and departed into the city. Torlin took his seat, the head of the table, a position he resented almost as much as the Altmer. It was becoming too much work, he could not keep everything in line. Although mostly untrue, he couldn't help but feel that many of the Keepers were to wrapped up in personal endeavors, and many did not work for the good of the hold as much as they did for themselves. He shrugged off the thought and let his hand creep up his shirt to the wound on his chest, prodding. He managed to prompt blood from the gnarled flesh, causing him to wince in pain. He was dazed, and his head constantly threw itself into a painful series of twisted hallucinations and migraines that left him reeling as he waited for the Keepers to assemble.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    A guardsman soon approached Draven, who was now taking large bites out of a large piece of spit roasted goat’s leg. It must have been important, because the guard was willing to move Draven’s snack away from Draven’s mouth. Well tried, Draven’s arm locked in place and the Guard couldn’t get a good enough hold, with Draven’s armor proving to be slick. Draven got the point but it was fun seeing the guard struggle against Draven as he ate. But soon the game got tiring, and Draven swept the arm the Guard was pulling on away to take a deep bow. Draven laughed as and man fell over and helped him up.

“I guess I shouldn’t ‘keep’ him waiting… Get it? Because he is at the keep… And yeah whatever. Thank you for alerting me.”

Draven began walking quickly through the streets, taking larges strides and bites. His Thalmor “cape’s” sleeves were flailing wildly. Draven just wanted to know if he could get some glorious battle, and the last escapade felt too much like a warm up for the mercenary. He felt himself getting excited as he began to break into a full run towards the keep.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    "He didn't say what he was after but I am pretty sure what he was looking for."

That one statement sent Rumare's train of thought off track.

Rumare was unsure why, but the thought of Uri being hounded like that in her own home...well...

It made Rumare feel upset.

He couldn't exactly pinpoint why it bothered him so, but he was sure because Uri was such a close friend, that the thought of her getting hurt at all made him protective.

That was what he believed his reasoning to be. At least, until what happened next.

"Rumare?" Uri said, snapping his attention back to the world around him. Then she place her hand on his, and spoke again. "You okay?"

His hand felt unnaturally warm. As if it weren't just the hand itself warming it. At first Rumare believed she had cast a heat spell and was trying to scare him by burning his flesh off.

But this wasn't heat. This was something else entirely, and Rumare was completely unfamiliar with the feeling.

He wanted to ask Uri, feeling as if she would have more experience on the matter, but the atmosphere was soon broken by a guard bursting in the library.

"Uri. Rumare. Torlin has asked for the both of you to report to him at the gate. There's something strange going on."

Rumare looked to Uri, unsure if this was a godsend or not. He spoke up standing to his feet, watching as Uri did the same.

"Guess we better get going then. It must be bad if he asked for me, personally."

With that, they headed off to the disturbance, and the discussion would have to be picked up another day.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    "And so your initiation is over, new-blood. Welcome to the clan." The ferocious Orc Moghakh said, after Levi stands up covered in blood. "You have done well, welcome to the cult of Molag Bal."

Two weeks pass, Levi has learned the inner workings of this cult and had made his plan to destroy it. They believed that their leader, Moghakh, was a direct incarnation of Molag Bal himself. This was obviously false, and so Levi must kill Moghakh. The problem was, not only is Moghakh a 7 ft beast of an Orc who wears his own crafted steel armour but the entire cult, of about 13-16 followers would brutally murder Levi if they found out. Chances were slim, what needed to happen was kill the Orc and get out as soon as possible.

Poisoning.

Didn't work. The Orc dismissed it as 'tasting funny' and smashed the glass on the ground, what was in that beast's stomach Levi did not know but his stomach acid destroyed a poison Levi had used before. He constructed a masterful plot that was sure to be the Orcs demise, but it would take effort.

The groups headquarters was in a barren cave, with a multitude of interconnecting tunnels. Banners raised with the face of Molag Bal on them, Moghakh was in the sacrificial chamber slaughtering innocents. They had hauled in 21 women and children, all to be murdered. This was during Levi's infiltration, and Levi had to participate. Levi would not harm them, but he knew they would be raped and murdered. Levi poisoned them all, and blamed it on the horrible conditions they faced. Moghakh dismissed them as weak, and brought in 3 men. Fewer people are out there, fewer people to sacrifice.

Levi finally thought the lack of population was beginning to become a good thing.

Moghakh would rape the men, beat them ruthlessly and leave their faces swollen so you couldn't see their eyes. The puffiness rose up so much their eyes were squinting almost, due to the huge lumps and puffy tender skin. Levi had a glace at them as he passed them via walking through a tunnel, he never wants to see them again. If they could walk they could easily get up and leave if they knew the way and there was no one else, they were not restrained.

The day had come, and Levi would exact his revenge. For all 9 of those children, for all 12 of those women. Those men who suffer at the hands of that twisted Orc, Moghakh, and for the countless souls already slain.

Levi made his way to the depths of the caverns, they all had their own sleeping areas seeing as how the caverns were massive but they ate in the same place nevertheless. This place was in the dead center of the cavern, and Levi was an entire hour below them. Most others were doing unpredictable things, this cult had no order. It was challenge Moghakh if you believe you can defeat him, and be named the new Moghakh, heir of Molag Bal. Molag Bal himself.

Levi didn't understand it, but he didn't have to. It sickened him, to think this man believed he was a reincarnation of Molag Bal and to revel in it. He rapes the cult members, and they willingly let him divest them. Levi has avoided it thus far, convincing Moghakh he would not survive the procedure. In any other instance someone might see humor in the situation, but Levi did not when it was literally his ass on the line.

Levi carefully created a rune, but not just any rune. It took him hours of preparation, ritualistic candles and ingredients the most skilled alchemist would take several lifetimes to get a hold of. It was all being used now, to destroy the cult once and for all.

Why waste such valuable resources on such a small band of savages? They were growing. Their seeds bare roots deep into the twisted hearts of those that dwell above, corrupting the minds of those they oppose.

6 of the current members were attacked by these 'cave dwellers', companions murdered, they were abused in all manners but in the end came to worship the Daedric prince of damnation, and in turn Moghakh. Levi had to stop this. The rune was not to just kill who stepped on it, it was to destroy the entire cave system and in turn all evidence this cult existed.

The cult had burrowed deep into the ground of an already large cavern, this dreadful place was nothing but a section of one of the very pits of hell itself. It takes 3 hours to reach the bottom.

Levi planned to destroy it all, starting at the bottom. This rune would be not one of fire, electricity or frost, but one of pure magic. He couldn't cast it, no one mortal could, he needed this hellish circle of rare and common ingredients refined specifically and precisely in the exact way that they were. It would be a devastating one time explosion, and that's all it is good for.

Moghakh had planned to use it on the city, after they had defeated everyone inside it, but that day would never come. Whether Levi destroyed them today or not, their numbers would never grow to such a sheer size. There just isn't enough people nowadays. But they still died today.

Levi was done, all he needed now was the blood of a mage, and Levi had just that. He took off his glove, putting it at his armpit and keeping his arm close to his chest so it didn't fall, while with the same hand digging his dagger into his flesh. He sliced his palm open, and let the blood drizzle all over the carvings Levi had taken so long to make. Nothing.

Until suddenly it started glow a bright whitish yellow, and a voice whispered throughout the room. He couldn't make out what is was saying, it sounded feminine and omniscient, it had worked. Levi hurried to the surface of this atrocious feral hell hole.

It was surprisingly cool tempered at the depths for such a deep cavern and Levi didn't understand it, but as Levi neared the surface he heard the booming voice of the devil. Moghakh.

"Come, Levi Bal,for I have a proposition for you." The deep voice of the 7 foot monster boomed. He had horns where a human would have eyebrows, and his tusks were large and jagged. His muscles were big enough to crush a mans head with a flex, and he had an insatiable thirst for blood. Levi was filled with nausea, afraid of the horrors that await him. Levi follows Moghakh to the sacrificial chamber, and was surprised to see 13 other men standing in a semi circle in front of the shackles that usually hold the prisoners. They were in black robes ornamented with tiny human skulls, small enough to fit into your palm. Levi shuddered at the thought of how they were obtained.

Each of the clan members addresses each other with the last name 'Bal', it was their custom. Levi stood in the room, by the entrance. Moghakh eyed Levi to enter the room, so he did so. There was three lion pelts laid out on the floor, along with several black soul gems around them. Where they got the pelts from, Levi could only assume Moghakh traveled the breadth of Tamriel for them if need be. They were going to summon Molag Bal. "Molag Bal, come to us, for have brought you sacrifice." The men chanted, Moghakh stood by Levi as the men chanted, almost harmonized. "Molag Bal, come to us, for have brought you sacrifice." Levi began to sweat. He wasn't ready to die, and his ritual many feet under them right now was going to desecrate this entire place in little under a day.

"We are to murder them all, their blood splatter on the items we have to offer our dreaded lord." Moghakh's deep voice resonated. Levi looked to him with horror, anguish, fear, but the Orc was far too tall to notice. "Molag Bal, come to us, for have brought you sacrifice." They continued to chant. A huge shout was heard from their leader, as he pulled out a gigantic greatsword, and sliced a man dead down the center. His blood splatter over to the pelts, Levi, and the other men, but his body fall sideways. Both ways. The Orc let out another shout as he brought the sword down and to the left, cutting deep into the cultist furthest on the left. Levi raised his hands, engulfed them in flame, charged up his spell and showered them in fire.

An explosion of dark matter erupted from the center of the room, magical mist filling the air. A great cloud of darkness spoke to them from the room of horrors. "Moghakh," A voice even deeper than Moghakh's voice himself yelled with authority, "You were to be my champion."

Moghakh didn't look pleased, his face was too ragged and ugly to show positive emotion. "But you have disappointed me" The voice echoed. "I am not Mephala, the killing of my worshipers was not necessary!" The voice sounded angry, and Levi stood tall but his legs were shaking. He should have listened to Torlin, this is horrible, he wanted to go home. "You have enslaved hundreds, killed hundreds more, but you shall not receive my mace."

The atmosphere in the clouded room was uneasy, violent, yet unpredictable. Would Levi be the next victim of Moghakh's Daedric greatsword? Would the Daedric prince of damnation destroy Levi?

"Levi." The voice said, slowly, it sounded like one of a snake. The mood changed, the tone, this was not good. "My devout traitor." The voice said sarcastically. "Moghakh, your plans for Levi are not to take place. Kill him."

Levi ran so fast out of that room he crashed into the wall and fell over. He immediately picked himself back up and ran. He's never ran so hard in his life before, he was not going to let that man destroy him. He heard the clanking of Orcish armour, and the heavy footsteps that were to follow him.

As he ran out of the cavernous systems he felt the cold air hit his face like a brick wall, it was so sudden. He kept running, but the hill was too steep. He began to tumble down the 13 ft hill until his body smacked into a mini boulder. He picked himself up and dropped into a trench, about 3 meters. He had himself hang onto the top first, body in the trench before he let himself drop.

The trench led for about 15 minutes, and was divided further up by a 1 meter high wall, easy to climb over. The wall got higher and higher and peaked at 5 meters, it got wider too. The trench was roofless for now, but further toward his destination it submerged under the ground. Along the way there were many entrances into the caverns the cult made home. He still had an Orc chasing him after Molag Bal gave sanction to kill Levi, so he needed to run.

He ran for a solid 3 minutes before just as he passed the mark where the trench began to go underground none other than Moghakh appeared out from one of the numerous little caves that came from the root cavern. "Oh come on!" He shouted, sprinting down the tunnel.

For someone wielding an incredibly large sword and heavy armour he gave a good chase, chasing Levi for half an hour before both parties were wearing out. Levi had a stitch but the Orc didn't seem to be wearing down. Moghakh was sweating at a propulsive rate, but he would sooner die before he give up. Levi noticed in the wall dividing two parts of the tunnel there was a very small line, a small area in which led to the other side. It was about 3 inches thick, and it was just a gap that led to the other side.

Moghakh was slowly catching up as Levi's speed began to dwindle, his adrenaline beginning to fail him. Levi made a 3 second decision on what he was about to do. He stopped, faced Moghakh, and shouted. "STOP!" He yelled, "Lets do this fairly."

Moghakh continued to approach, but began to walk toward him. "Wise that you stop, to get this over with. But how can we fight fair when you do not have a sword?" He asked in that menacing voice of his. "I wield the powers of magic, take your best swing Moghakh." Levi was sending out a silent prayer to any god that would listen, to give Levi the reflexes he would need.

Moghakh swung at Levi, to cut him in half horizontally, but Levi ducked, but the Orc seen it coming. As Levi began to duck the blade began to drop, but it didn't drop enough to hit Levi. Levi was on his ass now, the sword having just smashed into the wall. It ripped a gaping hole into it, surprising seeing as it was suppose to be three meters thick. It was near hollow on the inside, explaining the line that led to the other side. This line was not on the other half of the wall however, so now there was 3 'tunnels." Levi got up, and ran inside the newly made hole. Now there were walls on each side of him, albeit thin ones.

It was a much more narrow run but Levi was sure he would be able to evade Moghakh now, but he was wrong. The Orc sent a bolt of electricity into Levi's back as he smacked into the walls, cutting his face on the hard surface and bruising his chest at the intense force. Moghakh devastated the area by swinging his sword furiously at the walls on both sides to cut his way to Levi, even though the Orc could have managed to walk through.

As the Orc was 5 meters away he began to lift his sword, until he was engulfed in fire. He had set off a rune Levi had placed while Moghakh was destroying the walls. Now was his chance. Levi continued to run away from Moghakh, running as fast as he could. He stopped briefly to lay a rune of fire again, then continued running. Moments later it set off, and Levi was far ahead of it. He now knew where the enemy was. Levi had about thirty six seconds before the Orc caught up, he stopped, charged up a fire ball combining it with two hands and destroyed the wall on the left side. He had previously been running in the right before he got into the middle. The sheer force brought down the wall easily, but it also destroyed the right wall which was now behind Levi. Levi was flung to the ground as dirt and rock fell from the tunnels roof.

Moghakh won't know which way Levi ran. Levi got up and ran, as fast as his damaged body would allow him. His legs ached, he felt like he was on fire, but he ran.

A few hours later....

Levi woke up, having passed out in the forest outside of Stormhold. He was covered in dirt, his face had dried blood and mud on it, he was filthy. His hair was dirtier than it had ever been, and he smelled like blood and BO. He had hit his head hard when he destroyed that wall, and he had given himself a nasty set of cuts. He was currently wearing leather armour, rather than his normal unique robes. This was due to the fact that he was out adventuring and knew he would be trekking dangerous environments, and would have needed to run the way he had.

He could still do these in robes, but not nearly as well.

He followed around Stormhold's walls, and was granted entry. Home sweet home, but it never felt so. He hauled his body to his mothers house, who wasn't home. The door was unlocked, and he threw himself onto his bed face first and passed out again. Half an hour later, he awoke. He had nightmares of his chase, it was much more terrifying now that it was over. It was scarring. He had nightmares of the sacrificial chamber, killing those men, the voice of Molag Bal. He would never be the same.

He heard his mother cooking in the kitchen and made his way out, "Mother?" He called out, she turned to face the corridor that led to Levi's room and saw him emerge in the condition he was in. "Levi?" She called out questioningly, "Oh Levi." She pulled him in for a hug, then bombarded him with questions.

Where did he go, why did he go, the why the who what the when where and the how. Levi couldn't answer all of her questions, and instead his mother ordered him to go wash himself clean after Levi gave a satisfactory answer of 'Killing bad guys and hurting himself on the way back'. Before went to wash, rest and recuperate he had people to visit.

He looked for Torlin, he needed Torlin. He knew the Redguard would be very angry but he had to be glad his younger brotherly figure was home safe, right? Doubt flooded his mind. Torlin wasn't in shop, and he wasn't at the forge. He made his way to the keep, where Torlin was likely to be and was not gained entry. Levi was not angry at this, he was anxious about the confrontation with Torlin, and so he waited outside the structure.

It was slightly cold, but Levi's temperature was up like a furnace. He didn't feel it, he was exhausted despite sleeping, and he wanted to see his 'brother.' He wanted to see Illia too, he missed her childish behavior. He needed to see them both, to let them know he's okay. Or more like, to make him okay, because he didn't feel it.

A darkness had crept its way into Levi's heart, and he was now on the same path as his father. 'Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it,' or so they say. Levi leaned against the wall, left of the door, looked up at the pale blue sky and breathed a sigh of relief. He was alive, he was safe within Stormhold's walls, he made it.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    "Illia!"
    Illia jerked awake suddenly, reaching instinctively for the dagger she kept near her bed. But it was only Jo.
    "Jo, we've been together about twelve hours; why do you feel the need to wake me up like that?" Jo rolled his eyes, kissing her forehead gently.
    "Torlin wants you. Some super-secret council meeting; only for Keepers."
    "Why are you saying it like that?"
    "Like what?"
    "Like you suddenly hate everyone invited."
    "I don't. It's just that Torlin can get on my nerves sometimes."

Illia smirked; that was an understatement and a half, but he was the leader, and effectively her brother.
    "Alright. Well, thanks for letting me know; could you tell him I'll be there soon?"
    "Oh, fine, but I'm not a damned messenger, Illia. Just this once." He winked at her, and she kissed him before he left, swinging her legs round to stand up out of bed. She threw her leather clothes on, brushing the knots out of her hair before taking a brisk walk over to the council chambers.

There was a surprise waiting for her that she had not been expecting. A man, standing in a corner near the building she was headed to, waving to her and smirking. She stopped in her tracks, speechless, then walked over slowly, gritting her teeth. Standing in front of him, she stared up into the man's face angrily.

"Hey, Illia," Levi said, smirking down at her.

Illia said nothing; she simply shook her head, giving him a hard slap across the face for good measure before she threw her arms around him and hugged him tightly.
    "Never, ever do that again." Levi had run off a while ago, against the wishes of both Torlin and Illia. He was a sort of third child in the makeshift family in which Torlin and Illia were the first and second. "Council meeting. I'll be out in a couple hours, but I'm telling Torlin, and believe me, he'll want to talk to you first. And with the way he acted after you left, I'm not sure you'll have the ability to talk after he's done with you." Leaving him with that image, she headed into the council chambers, where Torlin was sat in his chair at the head of the table. Illia took a seat across from him.
    "So what's wrong? What's so important that you had to jump out of your damn hospital bed to call a meeting?"

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    I could swear a tear dropped down my eye as I saw the gates opening. I stood there, speechless, I didn't instruct anyone to do anything, and, for a few moments, they all stood there as well, looking at me. That moment, I felt like a leader, but a poor one at that. Killing Grim was a mistake, he might have been a pain in the ass but he knew how to rule. He had one stubborn saying that he kept repeating anytime a bold move was called for – “An army of deer led by a lion is stronger than an army of lions led by a deer”. I never realized how true that saying was, until that very moment, when Iddris got bored of awaiting orders and started rushing towards the gate – towards society. Soon after she left my side, all of those behind me charged at Stormhold, like a swarm of bees towards a hive. Thea grabbed my hand and rushed forward with the group. I never saw her so happy.

Before I knew it, we were inside the keep, but armed men restricted us to go past the gate. I could understand why. It was a pain making my way through the sacks of meat, just so I could speak to someone, to clear up what is there to do. But no matter how hard I shouted, my voice was clouded by the ruckus that was going on. It took some time for me to realize, but I had to end it. We were being bad guests, on top of being uninvited. And I speak from experience when I say I hate uninvited guests. I walked over to Thea, whose smile was turned upside down. The crowd screaming and cheering made my head spin, but it took an even greater toll on her. I shouted in her ear, yet she probably heard a silent whisper. “Thea, clear this up for me!”. She nodded, and took a spellcasting stance “Gladly”. After some brief seconds, she released a lightning bolt into the sky – a deafening sound that made all of them shut their trap. The guards from Stormhold didn't took kindly to the spell, most of them unsheathing their weapons. I raised my left palm above my head, signaling both my men and the keep's protectors that I meant no harm. I walked over ahead of the group, making it clear that I was their leader. Thea was left behind and she obviously didn't like it, but showing an elf as a leader might have won us a ticket back to the wastes. “I need to speak with whoever's in charge!” I told a guard, yet my voice was intentionally raised, maybe someone were to hear it and answer my questions.

Blitzz

A Friendly Brit
    Torlin had been seated for a considerable length of time before everyone managed to find their way to the council chamber. Illia strolled in a few minutes after everyone was seated, apparently in a good mood. She sat straight across from him. "So what's wrong? What's so important that you had to jump out of your damn hospital bed to call a meeting?" Her ignorance frustrated him. He glared at her for a few moments before he started talking. "Well I was hoping one of you could tell me," he said, "why there are a few hundred new faces in town?" He looked at each and every face at the table, whilst he scratched his stubbly beard expectantly. "I want to know who they are, where they came from, and why they're in our city, and I want to know now." Illia seemed taken aback. "Woah, hold on. What do you mean, a hundred new faces?" Illia always managed to infuriate Torlin. First she strode in and made a sarcastic remark, and then cemented her ignorance by highlighting the fact that although she was ready to be arrogant and sarcastic, she truly had no clue what was going on. Torlin waved off her remark, glaring at her, and waited for a reply worth listening to.

Uri decided to pipe up next. "Give her a break, will you?" Her voice echoed around the room. "I get your point of being protective over the keep," she said as she stood up. "I can see it in your face, Torlin. Instead of sitting here, why don't we go and greet these people? They haven't started slicing through the townsfolk yet, and sitting here sulking just seems rude. We need travelers." Uri was too good at reading expressions for Torlin's liking. She always seemed to pick out Torlin's innermost thoughts just by the expression on his face, and sometimes it really got to him that he was so easy to read, like an open book. "So you want me to go and welcome a community of hardened survivors into our midst? We don't know who they are or what they're capable of, we don't know what they've done or what they intend to do. I want to know the exact answer to all of these questions before we begin to accommodate them and feed them."

"Well how will we know if we're sitting here?" She walked around the table towards him. "We won't know anything unless we ask, right? We just have to double the guards in and around the keep whilst our guests are here, for protection of our people and theirs. I'm sure the leader would understand our concerns regarding outsiders." There was a brief pause. "And Torlin, there's no need to be rude to these people. They have been nothing but civil this whole time. Let's take a look at them. They didn't raid the keep, they walked up to it. We'll be fine unless they are the sneaky type and take us while we sleep, and that's what we double the guards for anyway, with a few Keepers to watch them. I'll even volunteer for the night watch." She folded her arms across her chest, much to Torlin's annoyance. It made her look smug, as if she'd won. Torlin stood up. He was much, much taller than the Bosmer woman. "I would hardly say being suspicious is the same as being rude. So for questioning their reasons and wanting to know who they are, I'm the bad guy all of a sudden? I've been with people like this before, large groups of mysterious travelers in a dangerous world. fl*ff, I grew up as one! The world isn't full of people who are as nice as you, as nice as Draven, as nice as Agrastyr. Their are some real sons of whores out there, Uri, and you don't want to be the one who makes the mistake of trusting them, for them to stick a knife in your back. Until we know exactly who they are, we're not welcoming them with open arms. But if you're so insistent on talking to them, go to them and find out who the leader is. When I'm done here, I'll come down and see." She laughed. "He! Me? Nice? That's a new one. Clearly we haven't been around each other for that long." Draven decided to speak, suddenly as if he had been paying attention the whole time, which Torlin didn't think he had been. "I kill people... for fun and profit... Hah, nice. Might wanna check your eyes, boss." He waited a few minutes before continuing. "A test,"he said slowly. "Something to make them prove their worth, as well as make their numbers more manageable." Torlin like the idea, but it seemed primitive to him to slaughter many for the benefit of the few. Draven began chomping on an apple he seemed to conjure from thin air. "What Draven said. Test them," Uri said, pointing at the man as he devoured the apple.

Rumare had stood silent for the whole meeting so far. Torlin stood up. He was much, much taller than the Bosmer woman. "The land around Stormhold has been wracked and ravaged by dark beings that before only existed in our nightmares. The likelihood of their being not just one, but over a hundred survivors is highly unlikely. I feel as if the creatures that surround our stronghold have decided to use our hearts against us, thinking we would never turn away a mortal face. In other words, I believe they are not mortal races, but a demon horde standing at our gate with bated breath." He looked to the ground, then up and directly at Torlin. "Given the circumstances, in the mindset of keeping everyone safe, I propose we bring in one or two for questioning. Get some of our most burning questions answered, as well as make sure they are the men, beast and mer they claim to be."

It was surprising, Rumare's theory. Torlin was shocked that he didn't hate what he had said. He smiled at the Elf boy."Maybe you're not so stupid after all," he said. "It's unlikely, but not entirely impossible. We should be on our guard, just in case. But we're not bringing them here. We go to them. Once they're inside we've done the hard work for them, if what Rumare said is actually right." Uri chimed in again. "Question them," she said."You wan't the leader, fine. I'll be the 'man' that you're not being, and get the leader and a few of his men for questioning." She turned to walk out the door. She shoved them out of her way, and walked out of the Keep. He watched Uri walk out. "If that Elven bitch calls me a coward again, I'll rip out her tongue and make her eat it," he said staring at the doors. "If she brings them here, they die. I said we don't question them here, if she brings them here I'll kill them all, and maybe her too. There's no point in having her around if she can't listen." Torlin took out his dagger, and shouting in rage, plunged it into the council table. The blade went all the way through, and the whole got larger when he ripped it back out again. Realizing the others were watching he calmed quickly and took his seat. He knew he was violent, and he couldn't help it. He also knew none of them were particularly fond of him, either, but he didn't care. He relished in the fact that the majority of weapons and clothing that the people in this room were wearing was made by his hand, so in some way, they depended on him indirectly. Draven got up and moved to follow her. At the door he turned and bowed. "Just going for a stroll," he said cheerily as he followed Uri out. "I don't believe this," Torlin said to himself. Only him, Illia, Agrastyr and Rumare remained in the room. "All I do is try and organize things to find out what's going on, and it ends up like this." He stared at the whole in the table. It reminded him of his wound, which had begun to bleed slowly again, staining his shirt. Rumare was still standing, glaring at Torlin. He could see the rage bubbling in the young Elf's eyes. However, he bottled his anger, and bowed his head to Torlin, and said, "I'll head to the gates with Uri. I'll make sure they don't get in until we know them to be friend or foe." He ducked out of the room quickly, and Agrastyr followed, determined not to get caught up in the conflict, and headed back to his home, leaving just Illia and Torlin. "I suppose we should go and greet these people," he said bitterly. Illia grimaced, then broke her silence. "You know, Torlin, none of those people want to hurt you, or kill you, or drive you insane. Nor do I. So stop making it seem like you're the victim here."She paused, glancing down and tutting when she saw his wound had reopened. "Keep an eye on that. It doesn't look too bad for now, but your blood pressure is just consistently high, because you're so damned angry all the time. You're going to have to stop, or that wound will cripple you." Scowling at him, she headed off out of the doors and towards the gates with the rest.

Torlin stormed out of the hold, and stood at the top of the steps for a moment. "Torlin, miss me?" Torlin knew that voice. He turned, and saw a smug-looking Levi leaning against the wall. He strode over and pushed his face just and inch from Levi's, then hugged him tightly. He put the poor boy down after few seconds, and said, "Don't you ever do that again." Much to Torlin's relief, the startled Levi hugged back. "What I did wasn't exactly stupid, c'mon man I destroyed a cult." Levi said proudly, then in a slightly more serious tone said "C'mon tell me you wouldn't have done the same thing if you were me."

"If I were you, I would've taken a group of good men and slaughtered the bastards." He chuckled. "And I wouldn't have done it if someone that cared had told me not to," he said, looking down at Levi. "Besides, how do you know you actually destroyed the whole cult?"

"I uh..." He struggled slightly to get the words out, "I joined em man." He didn't sound proud, but he didn't regret it. Levi's pace in talking quickened. "Look it was the only way to know how to actually destroy them, for all I knew there could have been dozens more of their kind! Hell, I nearly died on the way out. Do you know what the hell I went through!?" Levi started to sound angry. "To be honest, Levi, I expected nothing less than an idiotic, unnecessary scheme," he said, teasing the boy. "Well, you're back safe, and that's all that matters." He smiled and hugged Levi tightly again. "I'm about to go and speak with someone I neither know nor trust, and it'd be nice to have someone I can rely on at my back in case things go south. You up for it?"

"You're the best, man. Torlin, I hope that isn't gonna take too long because in the next half hour to an hour there's going to be a huge, and I mean huge explosion." Levi used his hands to gesture the size. "Dude, you'll feel it from here. There was a lot of psycho's, they were planning on unleashing it on the city. They never would have succeeded, their numbers were far too small and the ritual took hours. I did it, in their cavern system, I really want to watch it go off." Levi then gave Torlin a strange look, "Dude I just dined with a Daedric cult I think I'm up for it."

"I just wanted to make sure you hadn't been through enough already," he said sarcastically. "I mean, even heroes need rest, right?" He laughed, and began to lead the way down the steps, hoping Levi would follow closely behind.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Uri strolled down the Keeps stairs as she headed out towards where the newcomers where at, "That man is so stubborn sometimes he just makes me so angry" she looked down at her hands, that were shaking with anger, a loud crackling sound rang out above her, looking up in the sky as a lightening blot was shot up "Oh for the love of..." unsheathing her bow she continued on, with Draves and Rumare coming up behind her, she pointed at the three guards that were standing around, pointing at them "You three come with me and be ready just in case"

Uri continued on the road towards the gate, hearing a man shout out wanting to speak to the leader "There are other ways of getting attention, my friend" she spoke out from the crowd as she made her way towards the man coming face to face with him, well somewhat face to face, she was shorter than him and had to slightly look up "Who are you? and why have you come here?" the guards behind her sheathed their swords and silence fell as everyone was awaiting an answer

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts