The Joys of Bugs & Glitches...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mackiatoe

Skyrim's Witchdoctor - for all your Voodoo needs!
Ahh yes. Skyrim is full of bugs and glitches. Sorry if this has been done before, but here's a thread to post your strange stories from Skyrim. I'll start:

So I'd just been through Embershard Mine, and was at the exit, which overlooks Riverwood. There happened to be a dragon attacking it, so I ran down to help out. It appeared as a red dot on my compass, but there were others as well. As I ran through the south gate of the town, I was attacked by an NPC, can't remember his name, and then attacked by another. I started firing arrows at the dragon, killing it, while being killed by 5 other NPC's. The guards were attacking the dragon, as were the remaining towns folk. About a minute later, the dragon was dead, and I turned around to see a boy attacking me with a dagger. I didn't attack him, but I attacked and elderly woman who was just behind him. The guards did nothing, but instead attacked the 'angry' NPC's. They killed all of them accept the boy, who they then chased out of the town. I was confused, so I reloaded my last save (which was an autosave, at the exit to Embershard) and the same thing happened again. This time, I killed all 4 NPC's, but not the child, without being targeted by the guards, getting a bounty, or causing a stir. I reloaded the save again, but this time immediately fast traveled to Windhelm, and then back to Riverwood. When I was back, the dragon was overhead, but no NPC's came to attack me. With help from the townsfolk, we killed the dragon. Then it got really weird. All the people came to see the dead dragon, which was normal. But they stayed. I waited 2 hours, and by this time they'd gathered in a group. I got rid of the dragon skeleton with some magic, and they stayed in the group. I waited until 5 pm in the afternoon, and they were still int he same positions. I waited another hour, and then they all just wandered off normally.I have never done anything to anyone in Riverwood, so I am confused. Strange.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
How'd you get rid of the skeleton?

Mackiatoe

Skyrim's Witchdoctor - for all your Voodoo needs!
How'd you get rid of the skeleton?
Can't remember name of the spell (something like 'Flameball') but it fires a small ball of fire from your hand. does fire damage and blows any dead abjects away. Very useful for clearing dead dragons.

PersonII

Not sure if going to play TF2 ever again...
One time, I found Meridia's Beacon out of a chest that belonged to someone who was on one of my Dark Brotherhood contracts. So I go to the temple, obtain Dawnbreaker, and Meridia brings me up into the air. When she releases me, I die, because the game registers it as a fall. I end up having to go to the console to turn on godmode.

PersonII

Not sure if going to play TF2 ever again...
Can't remember name of the spell (something like 'Flameball') but it fires a small ball of fire from your hand. does fire damage and blows any dead abjects away. Very useful for clearing dead dragons.
I don't clean up dragon skeletons. I just leave them in the middle of the road for some unlucky traveler to find.

Skyrimosity

Skyrim being full of bugs and glitches is a bit of an exaggeration considering how big it is. However, I've never used glitches after the one time I used the horse glitch to run up a 90 degree slope, immediately fell off a cliff on the other side.

Piwah

The Purest of Mages
Once I saw a couple of npcs half buried in the ground in a crucified position. It wouldn't have been so creepy if they hadn't all died in a Dragon attack a week ago.

osheao

i have never noticed this before, but, right now the entire whiterun hold and outskirts has been under a full-blown blizzard the entire night and it's now 5am gametime.

it started in the bleak falls barrow area and i've gone west all the way past rorikstead and am just trying to go in a big circumference to see how much of skyrim this covers. it'll also be interesting to see if it ever stops, lol.

maybe, it's the entire country of skyrim!!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts