The Journeys of a traveler - Solstheim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

What Province of Tamriel should my journeys next take me?

• Total voters

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
The Journeys of a traveler - Solstheim
solstheim_map_elderscrolls.jpg

Solstheim, a small Island just of the coast of Morrowind and Skyrim, it has rather mixed terrain, the Northern half of the Island being covered in Snow and resembling terrain of that of Skyrim and Atmora, and the South part of the Island, very much resembling that of Morrowinds terrain, large mushrooms and crazy terrain. Solstheim has a deep lore of history, many historical Elder Scrolls events have taken place here. Some of the earliest and most historical parts of lore that have taken place here was when the Snow Prince, leader of the Falmer fled here after the heavy defeat of his race during the war against the Atmorans, commonly known as the Nords nowadays. He fled here, and the battle of Red Mountain begun, in which he was actually killed by a young girl who's mother had been slain by the Snow Prince in battle. During a large gap lots of historical events went on here, one of the most famous being Miraak. He was a Dragon Priest during the rule of Alduin, but he grew thirsty for power, claiming to take Solstheim for his own he was destroyed by the Dragons. But he was not the easiest of prey. He was a Dragonborn, much like that of the Dragonborn that slayed Alduin for good in Sovngarde during 4th Era 201. Anyway, this is besides the point, my reasoning is Solstheim is a small Island deep with Lore, and that is why I have chosen this as my first location for my fan fiction ''The Journeys of a traveler - Solstheim''​
So please, read, enjoy and cast your vote on the poll, I hope you like my first fan fiction.​
The events of this fan fiction are based before and during the events of the DLC Dragonborn.

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
Chapter one: Introduction

Drelan awoke, the powerful wizard dripped with sweat. He chucked off his covers, sitting up and rubbings his head. ''Another nightmare'' he mumbled to himself, the Dark Elf had suffered with nightmares all his life, in fact, he suffered so seriously he considered whether he was cursed by the Daedric Prince of Nightmares Vaermina. He looked around the Hall of Attainment, the other students slept soundly, apart from J'zargo, who had a obsession with constantly practicing magic, occasionally he would even wake up the students with the noise he made with his damned spells. Drelan had been at the College for several years now, since 4th Era 192 he had been practicing his arcane arts to the fullest, perhaps being one of the oldest members in the entire college. He first came he seeking knowledge that the College of Winterhold may have possessed, on a mission for his House Telvanni, but eventually he ended up staying, practice his arts to the fullest, and though the House did not approve at first, he was finally allowed to stay there in peace and solitude. He had become one of the most powerful mages of all House Telvanni, and was starting to get attention from not only Skyrim, but all of Tamriel for his unique abilities. Like most of the powerful mages of House Telvanni, Drelan had practiced the art of actually creating houses out of huge Mushrooms back when he was in Morrowind, but because of the sheer temperature and atmosphere of Skyrim it was impossible for him to do so, and so, he remained in his small quarters in the College.

Drelan got out of his bed, stretching his arms out wide in the air and going onto his tiptoes giving out a small yawn, J'zargo looked over to Drelan who was exactly opposite to him, Drelan being middle of the left side, and J'zargo being middle of the right side. Drelan had never had any problems with J'zargo, though personally, though he didn't say it to his face, he thought he could be rude and rather over confident with his skills as a mage, and sometimes Drelan just wanted to show off to the Khajiit, and show him what it means to be a true master mage of House Telvanni. He gave the Khajiit a small smile, the Feline just staring at him for a moment and getting back to his spells. From the aura Drelan could sense, which had become almost a 6th sense, it was clear the Khajiit was working on some Illusion spells, what exactly he could not tell at the moment as his sense were so dull, but by the looks of the Khajiit, it was the spell ''Muffle'' used to lighten ones footsteps for 180 seconds, or three minutes if you want. Drelan opened up his side table, revealing a black covered book, no name, just black covered, it always had gave Drelan a shiver. He took the key that lay on top of it, closing back the draw from the side table and going towards his wardrobe, he placed the key inside, turning it to the right once as he heard a familiar sound of the locks being unlocked, how exactly did Drelan hear this he was unsure, it was probably due to the fact it was part of his daily routine. He then grabbed his robes, made in Morrowind for him as a sign of him being a member of House Telvanni, he put them on and yawned again. Drelan then popped the key into his inside robe pocket, looking around as his eyes began to focus more.

''Another day in the College of Winterhold'' Drelan mumbled to himself, every day he started to sound more and more like an old man, though he wasn't exactly in his young days at 52, although he did look surprisingly young for his age, if that was even possible for a Dark Elf, being them looking so ancient no matter what there age. The robes wore comfortably upon Drelan, he gave off a small smile to himself and began to make his bed. He looked to his left, J'zargo still was practicing his muffle spell, but Drelan couldn't complain, it was good to be dedicated to work. Drelan then put up the hood of his robe and walked to J'zargo ''Good morning J'zargo''Drelansaid with a dull expression upon his face. J'zargo looked up to Drelan ''J'zargo is working, J'zargo speak another time''the Khajiit replied to Drelan. Drelan rolled his eyes and began to walk to the exit of the hall of attainment. He walked out, and instantly the cold air that cursed Skyrim brushed against Drelans face, even after all these years in Skyrim he could never get used to the weather of this damned place. Drelan then began to walk over the bridge that led to Winterhold, it was unstable and slippery, but Drelan was used to the trip by now. Drelan had walked across and was heading to the Inn just as a courier ran towards him, a young lad, maybe 15, nord, he looked tired and exhausted, running up to Drelan ''I was told to deliver this to you!'' The boy said, and just as he turned around he then turned back around ''Oh and these'' as he handed Drelan a large bag of coins. Drelan shook the purse, 400-500 coins replied, but who would give Drelan so much money?

Drelan carried the coin purse in his left hand and the letter in his right, he would look over this in the Inn, more confined and personal, and far warmer than out in the cold. He walked towards the Inn, opening the door the huge fire instantly brushing against his face, it was so warm. He went towards the innkeeper, his familiar smile as Drelan walked in. Drelan lent up against the side, resting both his arms and going into somewhat of a slanted position ''I'll have a Coffee and some Bacon please, I'm in the need for a heavy meal.'' Drelan said giving off a small smile to the man''That'll be seven gold please'' the Innkeeper replied, Drelan taking out ten gold from his pocket, and handing over the Innkeper seven. He then went towards the table in the corner, every morning at 8am he had always gone here for Breakfast, and had always sat in the corner. After waiting for a moment his food and coffee was delivered, he looked over the meat, it looked good enough quality. He first took a sip of his coffee, then taking a bite out of the bacon. After several minutes Drelan had finished his bacon and was feeling somewhat full, but before he left he would read this letter. He picked up the letter after placing it down on the table, opening it up and began to read what it had to say

Dear Drelan,
I have heard of your wondrous stories here on this small Island of Solstheim, your skill in the Arcane Arts is rather fascinating, and if it would please you so, I would very much like to meet you. You see, we are both Dark Elves from House Telvanni, and on a Island covered half in ash and owned by the brutish men and women of House Redoran, it's rather hard to find Masters of House Telvanni to help me with my research, and the mages that are upon this Island, though sometimes have inherited some skills from, are not Experts, and Adepts at best. Because of this I have sent you this letter, and this large bag of 500 coins. 250 coins are to be used for the trip via boat to Solstheim, and the rest, well, consider it payment for the help you may give me during your time on this desolate Island. I know this is rather fast, but I know you can't resist.

This didn't make any sense. Why now? Why was he told to go there now, it seemed this Telvanni mage clearly needed Drelan there, in fact, he was so sure he would come that he had even already given the money to him. No name either, strange, but the mage was right, Drelan couldn't resist this. He downed the rest of mug of tea, quickly picking up the letter and bag of coins he ran out of the Inn, nearly tripping as he went down the stairs, he start to run towards the College of Winterhold, he needed to move, and tell Savos Aren of where he was heading before he went.
Drelan slowed down during the cross over the bridge, once across he instantly ran over to the Hall of Attainment, J'zargo was gone, but others were awake and practicing their magic. He quickly rushed through, getting his backpack and packing some clothes, a bit of food, and some books to keep him occupied during his visit. He also packed the Black book, quickly picking it up placing it into his bag, even holding it for seconds made him feel like all happiness in the world was gone, but also that he had all knowledge in his hands. He was, as one might say, addicted to this book. A rather weird addiction at that. He had finished packing just as Savos Aren walked in.
''Ahhh Drelan I need to speak to you'' Savos said as Drelan replied ''And I you Savos'' Drelan said as he walked over to Savos shaking his hand ''My friend, I'm traveling to Solstheim, today. Right now.'' Drelan said. Savos pondered at this for a moment ''Ahhh wonderful news my friend, how long shall you be gone?'' Savos asked ''Unknown Savos, I will write to you on any news, I shall see you soon.'' Drelan said as he put a smile across his face. He was heading to Solstheim.

(Sorry about the small post, Chapter two coming soon.)

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
Good sentence composition Mini :) I like the bit of mystery that you have started to develop.

Rekamennos

Account closed
GREAT WORK on the first chapter my dear King XD

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts