• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Isn't it ironic (After becoming a vampire lord = Molag Bal's property) that Sovngarde still helps you out during battle when you reach to them through a shout? I always wonder about that to this day. Why would Shor still allow the Dragonborn to reach out to them through a shout after selling his soul to a Daedric Prince for power? Isn't that the ultimate betrayal?

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
it is but your also doing a good deed for Shor so i think he tends to look the other way, kind of like how a small drug dealer gets off free if helps the police catch a bigger drug dealer, same idea imo.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
well its the same as asking why he would let a member of the dark brotherhood or a werewolf

berzum

Why is the alto wine always gone?
well its the same as asking why he would let a member of the dark brotherhood or a werewolf in there
this is also a very true point. Lore wise it's kind of hard to do but then again it is main story so they had to let you do it. same with being a vampire/ vampire lord, pretty sure Shor doesn't look kindly upon blood suckers

Lucid

They need Alduin slain, and don't have the luxury of being choosy about who makes it happen. It's like when werebears fight ash spawn with me.

tx12001

As Lucid said they don't have the luxury to worry about such matters it either the Powerful Vampire Lord fights Alduin or everyone dies and besides who says they are even aware that your a vampire Lord? sure they may be gods but so is a certain Daedric Lord named Merida and you can still do her quest without her trying to kill you as she absolutely hates Undead in any form divine does not necessarily mean all-knowing only the elder scrolls are all knowing well them and Jyggalag apparently:D but he is who knowz where now

Lucid

Tx12001 makes a good point. The hero's of Sovngarde accepting your help to slay Alduin is much less strange than Meridia accepting you as a champion when you are undead.

tx12001

Tx12001 makes a good point. The hero's of Sovngarde accepting your help to slay Alduin is much less strange than Meridia accepting you as a champion when you are undead.
not to mention when most of them were living vampires did not even exist yet Ysgramor was what merethnic era and according to this article I read the first vampire Lamae Beolfag was 105 1E they were already in sovngarde by that time so odds are most of them have absolutely no idea what a vampire is

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
For me, personally, it's on of the reasons I do the main quest first. Mostly just to get it out of the way and because everything fits better once it's over. It's also why I don't do the Civil War quest at all anymore. Or if I do, I'll stop half way because once it's over nobody seems to get the memo.

The Meridia thing is kind of funny, though. Maybe it's just an oversight on her part? A vampiric necromancer flanked by some resurrected bandits shows up on her doorstep...who is she to turn them away? Lol. :D

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Isn't it ironic (After becoming a vampire lord = Molag Bal's property) that Sovngarde still helps you out during battle when you reach to them through a shout? I always wonder about that to this day. Why would Shor still allow the Dragonborn to reach out to them through a shout after selling his soul to a Daedric Prince for power? Isn't that the ultimate betrayal?

Your soul belongs to Akatosh. He sent you, created your blessing. So any promises you make to Daedric Princes, they're not getting anything.

tx12001

Your soul belongs to Akatosh. He sent you, created your blessing. So any promises you make to Daedric Princes, they're not getting anything.
well being a Vampire Lord is more then a mere promise

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Hardly, after your actions in fulfilling the prophecy. You gain a spot in Sovngarde. Also Molag Bal isn't interested in your soul, becoming a Vampire doesn't make your soul his. He's the lord of domination, the souls he wants he does it by putting them into submission, forces them to do acts like making a pacifist do murder.

Becoming Vampire Lord means plops.

tx12001

Hardly, after your actions in fulfilling the prophecy. You gain a spot in Sovngarde. Also Molag Bal isn't interested in your soul, becoming a Vampire doesn't make your soul his. He's the lord of domination, the souls he wants he does it by putting them into submission, forces them to do acts like making a pacifist do murder.

Becoming Vampire Lord means pl***.
after fufilling a prophercy you gain a spot in sovgarde no you gain an invite and they can be rejected i know i would and I doubt a vampire lord would even want to go to a place such as sovngarde as that place to them would be a absolute nightmare beyond comprehension as what what was the point in becoming a vampire in the first place? to be immortal and not end up in such a place (SPOILER HERE) In ESO vampires are among the creatures that come out of the dark anchors from Coldharbour as one of the enemies which would indicate that they end up their if destroyed and molag bal cinsidering his sphere would definetly love to get his hands on the dragonborn and are you absolutley sure Akatosh could overpower molag bal in a fight for it? Akatosh may be an Aedra but Molag Bal is a Daedra and if lore serves me correctly the Daedra are more powerful then the Aedra as they used their power up in the creation of Mundus and the daedra diden't and if you say the dragonborns soul goes to akatosh just because he gave it to them then you must not forget about Miraak he was dragonborn to so how does that make him any different? and his soul did not go to Akatosh upon his death it went to the dragonborn.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
after fufilling a prophercy you gain a spot in sovgarde no you gain an invite and they can be rejected i know i would and I doubt a vampire lord would even want to go to a place such as sovngarde as that place to them would be a absolute nightmare beyond comprehension

Aetherius. Not just Sovngarde, which is merely the Nordic version. Gain a spot in Aetherius, to be recycled.

as what what was the point in becoming a vampire in the first place? to be immortal and not end up in such a place (SPOILER HERE) In ESO vampires are among the creatures that come out of the dark anchors from Coldharbour as one of the enemies which would indicate that they end up their if destroyed and molag bal

Vampires from his realm =/= Vampires from this realm. Being Vampire doesn't make you go to Coldhabour.

cinsidering his sphere would definetly love to get his hands on the dragonborn and are you absolutley sure Akatosh could overpower molag bal in a fight for it?

Akatosh kicked the plops out of Mehrunes Dagon. Messing with Dragonblood ain't worth it.

Akatosh may be an Aedra but Molag Bal is a Daedra and if lore serves me correctly the Daedra are more powerful then the Aedra as they used their power up in the creation of Mundus and the daedra diden't and if you say the dragonborns soul goes to akatosh just because he gave it to them then you must not forget about Miraak he was dragonborn to so how does that make him any different? and his soul did not go to Akatosh upon his death it went to the dragonborn.

Akatosh's avatar beat up Mehrunes Dagon, school yard style. :eek:

If the Dragonborn did absorb Miraak (I admit I haven't played that quest line in a long time.) That is just normal, the Dragonborn has the same ability Dragons do, in absorbing a slain dragons soul. So Dragonborn absorbing Dragonborn would theoretically work.

Not every Daedra is interested in your soul. Only ones who seem interested is Nocturnal and Hircine.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Why would Shor still allow the Dragonborn to reach out to them through a shout after selling his soul to a Daedric Prince for power? Isn't that the ultimate betrayal?

Skyrim lacks consequences for your actions. I recommend Fallout series, I was once doubtful but decided I'd give Fallout New Vegas a try and bought it earlier this year.

After playing it. Let's just say, I'm far more interested in the next Fallout than TES. I will probably even see about buying Fallout 3 next week.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Why would Shor still allow the Dragonborn to reach out to them through a shout after selling his soul to a Daedric Prince for power? Isn't that the ultimate betrayal?

Skyrim lacks consequences for your actions. I recommend Fallout series, I was once doubtful but decided I'd give Fallout New Vegas a try and bought it earlier this year.

After playing it. Let's just say, I'm far more interested in the next Fallout than TES. I will probably even see about buying Fallout 3 next week.

Skyrim lacks everything from consequences to story. You barely know your companions other than the vampire chick from Dawnguard. You're force to go to a funeral where you pay your respects to someone that you hardly know, nor had the chance to be partners with during a battle.

I'm more emotionally and financially invested in the Dragon Age series than I am in the Elders Scrolls. I could careless about the upcoming release of the next elders scrolls game to be quite honest with you. Bethesda insulted us all by giving us endless plot holes in Skyrim and essentially leaving Skyrim leaderless. I'm very hesitant of buying anymore games from them due to the inconsistency.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Skyrim lacks everything from consequences to story. You barely know your companions other than the vampire chick from Dawnguard. You're force to go to a funeral where you pay your respects to someone that you hardly know, nor had the chance to be partners with during a battle.

I'm more emotionally and financially invested in the Dragon Age series than I am in the Elders Scrolls. I could careless about the upcoming release of the next elders scrolls game to be quite honest with you. Bethesda insulted us all by giving us endless plot holes in Skyrim and essentially leaving Skyrim leaderless. I'm very hesitant of buying anymore games from them due to the inconsistency.

Fallout. You have to get Fallout.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies

You won't be disappointed. Bear in mind however that Fallout 3 is much less consequence driven than New Vegas and there really aren't any factions to join aside from the Brotherhood of Steel which is basically a default membership to drive the main quest. Fallout 3 is much more about exploring an open sandbox. And the sandbox is frikkin amazing to say the least. In Fallout 3, if you are good, you get jumped by Talon Mercs. If you are evil, you get jumped by Regulators. And that's about it, except that certain followers are only available to certain karma levels.

The two main reasons I play Fallout 3:

77px-Nuka_Grenade.png

120px-Bottlecap_Mine.png

Ciocal Gricenchos

Cichol Grigenchosach
Regardless of whether you're a vampire lord, a DB assassin, or a Daedric champion, you're still the Last Dragonborn, the "chosen one." The Gods have sent you into the world to fight Alduin, and after that they'll let you do what you want with your life and whatever comes after.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows

I LOVE that you have consequences and karma in the Fallout games, it makes it so much more personal when you can decide which way to go... saint or Satan. :p It's so much fun.