OOC The Illusion Of Knowledge

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    Alright, cool. I'm pretty pumped to actually do some RPing again. It's been quite a bit of a hiatus.

Delusional

Hold on... my phone tells me MSD replied, but the computer does not agree quite yet... perhaps this will prompt your post to appear.

In response to your actual post MSD, OP and I have been talking and we're planning to cut inactive or unwilling members of the New Dawn cast and start with a smaller cast so we can actual get the RP moving forward.

Though, a week from now, I'll be on a flight to Europe, where I will be visiting for about 3 weeks. I won't be back until late June. However, after that I'll be available all summer uninterrupted, so we could easily get back in the swing of things.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Hey, good to have you back MSD. Like Del said, we're thinking of moving forward in ND with fewer people. Where've you been?

Delusional

plops, nothing is wanting to update on my computer. Looks like I'll be using my phone from here on out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Yeah, I'm totally willing to get A New Dawn moving. If people are inactive/unwilling to participate any further there really isn't any point in keeping them around, so I'm all for dropping them from the RP.

I've been pretty wrapped up with work and school lately, and to be honest I kinda forgot about the forum for a while. Even though things for me are still kinda hectic, I'm trying to get back into the habit of roleplaying.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    I understand that. Summer should free up everyone's schedule and we're hoping we can maybe even get a less planning-intensive, more write as we go IOK roleplay going again this summer, one we could carry on even without a full cast.

Delusional

So, I'm pretty sure both of you are ghosts now, because your posts WILL NOT show up on the web forum. I am positively baffled.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    That's strange. Did you try turning it off and on again? :p

Also, on a side note, I just got Watch_Dogs. Will report back on it shortly.

Delusional

No, I'm pretty sure you guys are just ghosts.

Do report back. That game looks sweet.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Alright so, this is just a thought I had while thinking back on our roleplays.

If you look back on pretty much every one of our roleplays, you'll notice that nearly every one of them burned out and died before the actual roleplaying got going. It seems to me like we can almost never get past the setup/exposition without losing interest and having the entire thing fall apart. So, what I propose for our next roleplay is that we jump right in. Make the setup brief, and get things moving towards the action quickly. Hopefully this will keep things active and actually engage/involve the roleplayers and make them want to post, rather than feeling like they need to churn out a few paragraphs of text in an effort to get things moving.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    That's pretty much the idea I had. I was thinking that a good way we could make ourselves want to RP, but not screech to a halt if not everyone can participate at some point, would be to have the RP center around our group of characters just living their lives in a city TBD, assuming it's TES (Daggerfall has my vote.) If most of us are active and around, our characters all meet at a tavern or go on some adventure that we won't spend 80% of the total time planning, and if only a handful are active at some point, they can pursue their own stories/character development on a smaller level, just among them, writing off the others' absence in world in any number of ways and just carrying on.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    I like that, I definitely think we should avoid getting caught up in planning every aspect of the story/world out so I'm all for having a more simple roleplay where we can make up the story/adventures as we go along. But I'm really not too keen on reserving this to a single city, I think it'd be more fun if we could have our characters explore other areas and places. Instead of just Daggerfall, I think the Iilac Bay in its entirety would be a cool setting.

I have a character I've been thinking about making for a while now, and I feel like he'd be perfect for this sort of thing.

Delusional

Hell, why don't we just start in the action? Have all our characters in an expedition group and already deep within a ruin, exploring? That would be an interesting approach, just starting right in the middle of the action, setting up basic relations and exposition stuff OOC before going and RPing.

Delusional

Oh hey, it's my birthday.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Huzzah! Have a good one, Del!

You know, I suppose we could start right in on it as a birthday gift to you... I would like to at least sort out my character a bit though. I've had a couple of ideas, so I'll finish those out and I'll post them for a bit of feedback.

Delusional

Well we don't have to start the RP immediately. We can get our characters sorted and finished out in here, then once we're ready, jump right into the middle of a job or exploration or whatever we choose.

Delusional

Thanks!

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Oh, I can report back on Watch Dogs now. The gameplay is a bit clunky and takes getting used to, but when you get into it it's great fun. It's okay just exploring, but the missions are the best part. They really take some thought and make you use the hacking and stealth in clever ways. The graphics aren't as good as GTA V, but are good enough.

Anyway, what are you guys thinking of for your characters right now? I'm considering either a Redguard thief in exile who has had some cultural dissonance, making for nice drama when we get around to Hammerfell, or a Bosmer paladin of Meridia who grew up around Ykaloni druids and with a fondness for stargazing and hallucinogens.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts