OOC The Illusion Of Knowledge

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    I wouldn't worry about it, Rex. In my opinion Logan is a fine name for a character.

I took the easy route in naming my guy, I just used the same name I did for my Vigilum Draconis character, Maric. (Remember that role play? Neither do I.)

Also, Op, I'll help in coming up with months/names later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rextoret

top kek
    Mmm-kay, that makes the calender look like this -

Vythis | Julerne | Selone | Nulet | Ent| Nynskel | Irlech | Naest | Truran | Uskid | Nalaz | Asril

So that's taken care of. Days? Got any ideas for days, MSD? It can wait, of course. It seemed like you wanted to contribute, so we can wait. I've got my CC to work on anyway.

Rextoret

top kek
    Oh yeah, I've got a few more questions. What's the name of this city/fortress? What's the average temperature like? Is it cold and snowy? Hot and sunny? In my opinion, it'd fit the mood for it to be cold and depressing there. Even if we're not going to be spending much time there, I'd like to know details beforehand.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    I like the name Soulfrost, though it doesn't really have to do with anything. And as for weather, I think an average balmy 60 degrees with generally partly cloudy weather would be good. And I think the land within the walls is a lot of hills and farmland, along with some woods. Also, I'm done for the night. I should have my magic overview done tomorrow.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    I REMEMBER VIGILIUM DRACONIS!

I like the month names. As for days, I'll throw some names off the top of my head out there. I feel like they should all associate (monDAY, tuesDAY; mornDAS, loreDAS, etc.), so I'll group them by similar endings.

Avandal
    Cynthdal
    Evrichdal
    Braxdal
    Vendal
    Kuridal
    Dexidal

Berkash
    Vrindash
    Eskash
    Rulash
    Wyndrash
    Hindyash
    Andash

Beyural
    Chinzural
    Kzaniral
    Yimkural
    Faendral
    Vindral
    Nathral

Ponder

International Man of Mystery
    Valoria, I think, sounds best as a kingdom name. As for the days, the dal ones are good, but it seems a little pointless to replace the names if they don't play an important roll. Otherwise, we'll constantly be checking back to refresh our memories, which will get annoying.

Rextoret

top kek
    For the most part, I'm only pushing for more details on this for use in CCs. It'll allow us to put a specific date on events. Of course, all of this can be handy later on in certain situations. Of course, the usual Monday through Sunday could work just as well. It might seem out of place, but we certainly wouldn't be forgetting the days.

Ponder

Well, if we're going to be having new names for the days and months, can we at least do something interesting with it, rather than just scribbling out the names on a Gregorian calendar and writing in new ones?

For example, we could make seven a holy number, and have seven months, one for each god (the seventh month being the month of the Father). Each month lasts about thirty-five days, except the month of the Father, which lasts seventy. And why not have different length for the day. Twenty hours, or something.

Delusional

It might just be me, but I feel as if we are simplifying this world-building process. If we're making our own original world, we might as well make everything and not just what's essential for the RP. What if there's more RPs on this world than just this one? I mean, it's not like we're just going to recycle original worlds after a single RP on them. What's the point of making a whole new world if that's our goal?

Rextoret

top kek
    Alright, we could do that. It'd look more like this then -

Vythis | Julerne | Selone | Nulet | Ent | Asril | 'Father'
    35 + 35 + 35 + 35 + 35 + 35 + 70 = 280 Days in a 'Cycle'

I don't really feel like we're simplifying it. How so? What do you think we should elaborate more upon?

Delusional

Not necessarily 'simplifying,' but not thinking out the entire world fully. Once again, it may just be me, but I feel like we are skating over details and just getting a general concept for this world. I suppose we can fully flesh it out in RPs, but that's just what I feel.

Ponder

I think the idea is that we don't want things to get too heady, and we don't want to delve too much into lore or academic stuff, simply because we have a habit if getting really into it and never starting anything. Part of the idea for the CPR was to actually start RPing.

Still, since we're creating our own world, there's a bunch of freedom to take advantage of. Really, we have entire realms of possibility here, limited only by our imagination, and seems a waste to create what's essentially a carbon copy of Earth with a fancy name (that was my point with humans as well, but that's a resolved issue).

Delusional

Alright, I got it. Perhaps we should start an actual RP before delving into the specifics of lore and such, that way we can hold interest here and fully revive IoK.

Rextoret

top kek
    Yeah, I'm already making a map of the world. Of course, we should discuss over it and such. Move continents, etc. I feel that if we have a map, we can put locations down and solidify things easier. Then we can visualize things as well.

Delusional

In my experience with world building, maps are the definite solution to any problems. Maps always work.