• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Patricia

Not Death's Bitca
    Ninane looked at him. He seemed kind, underneath all the armor and formalities. Ninane softened her shell, and poked out a reply. "I shouldn't have spat on him. It was a very shameful thing to do.", she said politely. "Yes. I should have just punched him in the face.", she smiled, and started to laugh. "I suppose", she said, becoming serious once more, "That the apology is accepted. You are quite chivalrous, to apologize for you men. I accept it, but it does not mean much in his way. He is still not someone I'd like to be around my family, and my family's friends.", she said, getting upset again. "But it certainly improves my opinion of you. And that is a good thing.", she smiled, stood, and brushed herself off. "I will take you to where the adults are.", she said to him, picking up Maranyn and walking toward the house.

TomLeViking

Call me Tom; or don't
    "Don't worry, he won't get past the front door." He said, walking behind her and strapping his armour back onto himself. "You have many siblings?" He asked as he walked staggered behind her. They entered the house; soldiers saluting the centurion as he passed them.

((Sorry for the short post, but you can lead him.))

Patricia

Not Death's Bitca
    "Four. Two sisters, two brothers. I'm the oldest. Do you have any?", Ninane said with a slight groan. She pushed the door to Lakeview Manor open, and headed to the back room, where the cellar door was.

TomLeViking

Call me Tom; or don't
    "None. I have a cousin, an aunt and Thorek - and that's my family." He said as they entered. They went downstairs to the cellar and Thorek's eyes shot straight to him. Eager to lose himself from the other adults, he stepped up from the bench and roared at him.

"What on Mundas are you doing here, boy? Shouldn't you be on the North-west front?!" He said, laughing a little as he slapped an arm down on his shoulder, touching the warm steel.
    "Father.. I.." He hestated, looking to the others and Ninane.
    "Allow me to introduce my own flesh and blood; Centurion Hroki! You nearly met the lad in Windhelm a couple decades ago, but the less that's said about that, the better." He laughed, shoving Hroki towards the table that the others were sitting on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That little, arrogant, elf-lovin' scumbag. He's only where he is today because of who his father is! It's bloody favouritism!" He said as they sat around the fire in the tent. He paced around the place as the others spoke.
    "Damn right! That smart-talkin' runt would do well to learn who deserves his rank around here. Wouldn't hurt to teach the legate where his friends lie, either."
    There was a rustle as a small imperial in crimson entered the tent. The others couldn't be certain how much he had heard, though they guessed when he pointed a sharp finger to the commanding officer.
    "I suggest you lower your tones, soldiers; you wouldn't want the General to come down here and have a word." He said, snapping his jaws at the decanus.
    "General?" He said, raising an eyebrow before his face turned red with anger, realising the information he had been given. The praefect walked from the tent as Trondheim muttered his final remark, missing it entirely.

"That settles it. We're making a move."

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Lorundil and Cirwen both looked upon the scene with open mouths.

What had just happened in that split moment?

What was once just a couple of children playing games was now something the children weren't used to. Something they couldn't comprehend.

Most if not all of their parents' associates, Baadargo and and Ruslan included, were polite and kind to them. Any that weren't were dealt with quickly, usually after sending the two of them away.

But this one just got walk away. He was dishonored by Ninane's actions, but he still got away, receiving only a slap on the wrist. Nothing more.

Both of the children coped with the situation in different ways.

Cirwen refocused her attention on Olwen, and tried to forget what had just broken the peaceful veil that Cirwen saw the world through. "Come, Olwen, let's find something else to do. It's getting too loud here."

Lorundil on the other hand, looked quickly to the twins.

Normally, he would have rushed after Ninane, making sure she was okay. But his hatred of the man who spoke ill of her burnt too hotly in the back of his mind.

He stepped over to the twins, with newfound purpose, and a fire in his eyes. Any who knew what he was capable of knew that fooling around with Lorundil bit them in the ass. Hard. He knew, however, he couldn't do it alone.

He spoke quickly, but firmly, hoping the twins would hear the seriousness that accompanied his thoughts.

"Want to do something..." He paused, turning back to the road the man trotted down. He continued again, not turning back to them. "Fun?"

Patricia

Not Death's Bitca
    Lollen and Linilia grew a wicked grin, almost simultaneously. "What do you have in mind?", Linilia said with a sort of pleased tone to her voice.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Olwen nodded his head and followed Cirwen away. If his sister was frightened by the experience, he was on the edge of passing out. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Myra sat at her place, perhaps a bit confused, but started to smile warmly. "So this is the fabled Hroki! I must admit, I was starting to think you didn't exist!", she said, getting up to get another mug. "I wasn't expecting a boy, either...", she thought to herself. She poured him a drink and went back to her seat, where she took Corelas's mug out from his hand, and poured it in her own. Enough drink for the man, even though it was only a little. "I'm Myra, and this is my husband Corelas.", she said. "I see you've already met Ninane. She's our oldest. Nin, could you go tell the other children that dinner will be ready soon?", she said to the still red-eyed Ninane. She would question her later, but right now she wanted to know more about her old friend's son. "I trust you've already met the other children, if you had Ninane bring you to the cellar. The twins are Lollen and Linilia, the boy with the black hair is Olwen, and the baby is Maranyn.", she said, putting the empty mug back in to Corelas's hands, who was seemingly confused as to where it went. Ninane left the room to gather the others. "Shall I tell EVERYONE, or just my new friends?", Ninane asked her mother, a little too quietly for her normal behavior. That was the second red flag for Myra. "I don't think we have enough for more than fourteen people... Better not." Ninane hurried away. "So, tell us about yourself, boy!", Corelas loudly encouraged.

TomLeViking

Call me Tom; or don't
    Hroki rolled his eyes and gave Thorek a sideways glance as Corelas called him "Boy" - his father refused to introduce him in any other way, despite him being an accomplished legionnaire and a father of two children.
    "Nice to meet you all." He said, gesturing around the room, "I'm sure my father has told you many tales already. I'm just one soldier in a large army." Thorek nudged the man with his elbow and gave him a questioning glare.
    "Just a soldier? Have you no pride?" He said, looking across at him.
    "I'm just giving my men some credit." He glared back at him. Thorek took a deep inhale through his nose as he turned to look back at the others.
    "My residence is the family manor in Windhelm which my father here used to inhabit before he moved to the Palace of Kings."

Thorek looked suddenly a little shocked and embarrassed, realising he had not told them of his brief spell as the Jarl of Eastmarch. "Then of course, he uprooted and left an incompetent dark-elf hater as the Jarl so he could depart to Castle Dour and lead the Penitus Oculatus."
    Hroki looked back at Thorek, grinning slightly, "But I trust you've all been informed of that business. My father does like to talk."

Thorek shot Hroki a narrowed glare as he attempted to figure out what his son was doing. He figured this was payback for the "boy" thing, but he was taking it a little far.

((Sorry I know Hroki already told Ninane he didn't have much family, but I realised he's like 40 and he should have kids by now :L - just ignore that little hiccup))

Patricia

Not Death's Bitca
    (can do! Also, DA'WWWWWW THOREK GRANDBABIES!) Myra kicked her husband under the table to make sure he didn't say anything else stupid. They both may be legates, but it was clear who the burlier of he two was. "Ah, yes. I believe we had quite an issue in Windhelm because of that. No matter, never really cared for it anyway... Er... I mean... I don't mean that in an insulting way.", Myra said trying to defuse the tension. In fact, if things weren't tense in this room, they were going to be when the group to speak to Thorek alone. But nullifying, at least to an outsider, Hroki's jab at Thorek was good enough for now.

TomLeViking

Call me Tom; or don't
    Thorek shrugged off the mentioning of his branding ritual, as he had benefited from it in some ways.
    "Well the Gods move in mysterious circles, let it be and all that tripe. I'm just glad we can all gather round and remember our old tales now!" He said with a smile, clasping his hands together. He span on his heels and looked to Hroki with hopeful eyes, raising his brow. "Hroki, how about you tell us of your latest exploits in High Rock?" He said with an uneasy, open-toothed grin. It was clear he wanted to get the ball rolling.
    "I'd really father not." The man replied, dourly. "Oh come now, soldier," He said, pounding the side of his armor with an open hand.
    "Tales of battle are best recalled with a belly full of mead and a fire full of embers." He said, giving Thorek a sideways look. The man understood and backed off, turning back to the group.
    "So, what are the plans for this evening?" He said, opening his arms and beckoning to them.

Patricia

Not Death's Bitca
    "Dinner and drinks, of course! It should be done fairly soon, so why don't we adjourn to the dining room with the children?", Myra said delightedly. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Ninane walked back to the lake and picked up Maranyn, who was trying to eat a piece of a dead mudcrab's chitin. She looked around to make sure everyone was still there, but couldn't find Olwen and Cirwen. She'd gather them after everyone else had been called. Slowly walking up to the twins and Lollen, who seemed to be conspiring something, Ninane decided to interrupt. "Dinners ready soon", she said after clearing her throat. "Does anyone know where Olwen and Cirwen went? Here, Lollen, take Maranyn up to the mansion with you, I'm going to go look for them. Something might have happened.", she said, not waiting for an answer. There used to be a Necromancer alter on the waterfront, and if she knew anything about Necromancers, it was that they did not give up a good spot easily. "DON'T. TELL. MOM. She'll murder me if she found out I let them wander off! Tell her... That i'm helping them clean up! Someone should probably come with me. Linilia, or Lorundil?"

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Lorundil reveled to give his idea to the twins. Boredom was a terrible adversary, and the man from earlier was the perfect target.

However, his parents would not be pleased with Cirwen's disappearance. They babied her enough as is.
    That, and he wouldn't let Ninane go on her own. He had to make up for earlier, after all.

Lorudil spoke simply. "I'll be right behind you."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cirwin and Olwen were just strolling, wandering the open land without a care. This was how Cirwen was on any given day. The need for exploration was gained from her parents, but doubly so.

There was nothing better than exploration. Nothing. She looked to Olwen, who looked a little nervous, and smiled.

Well, friends could trump it, but just barely.

Before she could speak, she heard a quiet whisper come from a little ways south of where they were. She didn't bother to tell Olwen to follow, but instead rushed into the brush to see what the whispering was coming from.

A pair of black-clad figures, a dunmer and Breton, were raising there hands above a cask. A stone obelisk, which seemed to be recently assembled, stood at the back of the closest Dunmer. Strange magicks were at their hands, exuding a eerie violet glow that almost made Cirwen call out in wonder.

What kind of...

Then it happened. A rock slipped from under her foot and she rolled down the overhang she stood at the top of, hitting every bump on the way down.

Not good.

The commotion caused the whispering to stop. Cirwen looked at her leg, which had been badly cut. She looked up at Olwen, who seemed stunned. It was then she realized it had gotten quiet.

"What's this then?" The thick, cockney accent was unmistakable. They had found her.

There was a pause, followed by the voice picking Cirwen up by her collar and turning her, so she could see the face of the Dunmer man under the cloak. "Ascien, come see. Our wish has been answered."

Olwen could hear Cirwen swallow from there.

TomLeViking

Call me Tom; or don't
    "I'm telling you, I saw them patrolling on this road!" He whispered with a rasped venom. In the bush, the decanus and a small contingent of legionnaires had removed their armor and were dressed in their fine crimson, which did well to shadow them in the forest. The road curved round to the bush they found themselves hidden behind, and there, sure enough, they appeared. Three tall figures, two of shimmering golden armor, the other of a black cloak. The denacus smiled and unsheathed a small dagger from his belt; it was of Skyforge steel, and anyone with a tentative eye could see the metal folded upon itself a thousand times to create this beauty.

The thalmor said nothing, and heard nothing. They had no chance to defend themselves, no good death. All at once their throats were cut, with the decanus delivering a hard stab to the back of the cloaked one, dragging the dagger slowing down his vertebrae.

The men looked down at their success, some of them with queasy stomachs.
    "Excellent. Now gather up their uniforms and put them into the chest. We'll complete the final stage when we have the opportunity." He said, grinning to his men and motioning back to the camp.

Patricia

Not Death's Bitca
    Olwen sat atop the cliff, looking down helplessly at his friend. He had to do something, but what? He hadn't any training in physical or magickal combat! But at an impulse thought, he picked up a rock and flung it at the Dunmer, hitting him square on the neck. He dropped Cirwen with a sudden gasp, but recovered quickly. Olwen tried to stir himself up enough to run, but he couldn't manage to move himself. "Look another one! This must be our lucky day!", the Dunmer said to his colleague, pointing at Olwen. "Looks like he froze up! Grab him before he comes too!", said the other man, whose face was darkened by a hooded cloak. As Olwen looked at the Necromancers, and at his poor friend, he blurted out what would save their lives: A pitiful cry for help. "NINANE! NINANE! HELP! NINANE!", he screamed as he came in to the mages' clutches. He almost knew that she would hear it. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Ninane and Lorundil quickly wandered the forest, searching for the two little children. As time went on, Ninane became more and more frantic. Surely everyone had started eating, and surely her mother stopped buying her excuse. But she was determined to keep looking. If it took her all night, she swore to herself, she would find her little brother and Cirwen. She wasn't far away, but even if she was, Olwen's shouts would have carried to her ears anyway. "NINANE! NINANE! HELP! NINANE!", she heard from the right. "OLWEN! I'M COMING OLWEN!", she said fearfully. At first she thought he had just hurt himself, clumsy as he was, but her mind crossed to her initial concern; necromancers. Ninane's caring outlook turned to an empowering rage, and in the palm of each hand burst a ball of flame, ready to be used. "Lorundil, if you know any destruction or conjuration magic, or have any knowledge of weapons, I suggest you use it now. I've got a sinking feeling that this might not just be a panicked nine-year-old."

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Carenen and Kaalys sat at the dinner table, not having eaten yet, waiting for their children to return so they ma do so.

After a few moments of confusion, Carenen stood and cleared his throat.

"I think it's been long enough for them to get back. I'm going out to find them. Don't worry, you all. I will be back soon." He stepped outside to his horse, hoping everything was alright.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Lorundil nodded to Ninane as they ran, and tossed out his hand, which was ready with a conjuration spell. He threw his hand up, and, from the air around him, a bow materialized into his hand, as well as a quiver to his back.

"Hopefully this will be enough." He said simply.

They finally reached the source of the shouting too see, in their horror, that the two children were being held up in the air by two cloaked figures. Lorundil stood there for a moment, in shock, before knocking an arrow from his quiver, and sending it toward the breton woman.

As if in slow motion, the woman turned toward where Lorundil was standing, just in time to let the arrow hit her in the skull. The woman was sent flying, and she hit the obelisk before falling the the ground, dead. Olwen fell with her, but luckily fell safely.

Quickly thinking, the dunmer pulled a staff off of his back and stabbed it into the ground. The staff threw up some sort of barrier which, after some testing, was impervious to Lorundil's arrows.

The mer laughed heartily, as he scanned over all the children, who were now stuck out of the bubble, except for Cirwen.

"My my. It took me almost twenty years, but it seems my chance for revenge has finally come!"

Lorundil swallowed, fearing what was to become of Cirwen.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts