The Giants and Mammoths near windhelm

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
Am I the only one that has ever experienced both Giants and Mammoths running up to your aid during battle? As a Vampire lord my Breton character started getting attacked by the Dawnguard squad on the road near Windhelm, and for some reason the giant and a couple of mammoths started to help me in battle. I did not use any kind of spells or shouts whatsoever to convince them to aid me. They did it all by themselves.

This wasn't the first time either. They aided me when during the night when I was attacked by one of the Dark brotherhood members, and the giant gave that Argonian a free ticket to temporary see the world before they came crashing down. Same goes for a rogue vampire.

eratiikwa1r0a

no ive had that aswell near whiterun when i had a dragon attack me. i think the giants saw the dawnguard as more of a threat to them and their mammoths at that time (im assuming you just got abushed from the Dawnguard) which is why they aided you in battle to rid the area of dangers to their herd. but thats just what i think.

Wildroses

It's quite common for giants to aid me in fighting dragons, but I've never had them help me with anything else.

The first time mammoths helped me was a few days ago. I was on my way to Halted Stream Camp near Whiterun to do a bounty. I'd just killed one bandit and riled up the other six outside when a dragon appeared and began roasting me. While I was running and healing myself, the giants and mammoths in the nearby camp got all riled up. Over the next five minutes two giants and three mammoths chased that dragon around, eventually ending up smack bang in the courtyard of Halted Stream Camp. The instant the dragon died, all five turned their attention to the six bandits. They left the place littered with corpses and all strolled back to their camp, sending a couple of mudcrabs into space as they crossed the stream.

I'm not sure that counts as 'helping' though. I spent the entire time cowering a safe distance away, fearing that any attempts to help would result in my accidentally attacking one of them, leading to my involuntary induction to the Skyrim Space Program.