Open The Frozen Hearth Tavern and Inn

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Kova

Bosmer Master Race
    The young Bosmer practically slid through the door of the tavern, pushing his cheeks apart as a smile stretched across his face. Kova (the before mentioned Bosmer) seemed to have a glow about him, and a bounce in his step as if he had just been informed that he was entitled to inheritense or something.

"Good evening, everyone!" he called across the tavern to no one in particular, patting strangers on the shoulders as he made his way over to the bar, taking a seat. The bartender eyed him cautiously. "May I have some ale?" asked the Bosmer, his smile turning into more of a smirk as he lied a few Septims on the counter.

"No," replied the bartender simply. Kova tilted his head and frowned, his pony tail draped over his shoulder.

"Why not?" Kova asked. He had heard rumors of racism in Winterhold, but would a bartender really not serve him drinks?

"That's not enough gold." The bartender kept his serious face, but Kova burst out in laughter, reaching into his coin pouch.

"I'm sorry, sir," said Kova, still trying to get all of his laughs out. "How much more do I owe you?"

"Ten." There was a long silence.

"...Pardon?"

"Ten Septims," said the bartender with a bit more emphasis. Kova sighed. It obviously didn't cost that much. Not to Nordic customers at least. But there was no point in arguing. Kova pulled out the ten gold coins and lied them on the counter as the bartender placed a mug of ale on the counter.

"Thanks," said Kova, retrieving the mug and sipping a good portion of it with a sigh.

"You're welcome," replied the bartender with a victorious chuckle as he walked away to tend to another customer. Kova sat there for a long time, trying his best to make his ale last long, seeing as he didn't have enough for another mug. Sometimes he hated Skyrim, but there was nothing he could do about it. What was he supposed to do? Join the war?

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Weary and cold from a long day of travel Edwin was grateful to see the Frozen Hearth Inn. The slight Brenton quickly opened the door and stepped into the warm interior of the building. As he brushed the snowflakes from his robes and leather armor and pushed his slightly damp shoulder length Black hair out of his eyes he looked around the tavern for any familiar or friendly faces. There was minimal conversation aside from a young looking Bosmer sitting at the bar and talking to the bartender. As Edwin stood by the hearth fire he listened to their conversation. It seemed the Bosmer was having trouble, probably due to his race. *just be glad we're not in Windhelm my friend* Edwin thought,*people are even less tolerant there*. As the Elf seamed to have resolved his dispute Edwin sauntered up to the bar, sitting on the stool next to him and said to the bartender "I'll have a Ale"

With a quick glance at the elf siting beside him the bartender smiled slightly and replied "very well my friend, here you go. that will be five septims"

Edwin gave the man his coin and took a swig of the ale, smileing as it quickly warmed his belly.

Kova

Bosmer Master Race
    Kova looked over to the Breton that sat down beside him as he finished his mug. When the bartender parted with the ale for a measly five Septims, however, the Bosmer huffed and slouched on his stool. He stared at the ground for a moment before looking at the Breton more closely, giving special attention to his hair. Kova had a thing for hair.

"Hi! I'm Kova. Your hair's pretty." He gave a small snicker, reaching out his hand to the man in robes and armor.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin looked to Kova and smiled back shaking his hand "Edwin, nice to meet you." He shifted slightly in his seat to better observe the Bosmers movements. While he had a broad smile on his face Edwin didn't know if he could trust him, he had met many a thief and cut purse that was just as friendly. Taking another sip of ale he asked Kova "so what brings you to this inhospitable City". Edwin often found that the more he heard someone talk, the better he got a feel for their personality.

(here's my character card, better visual description)

Character name: Edwin

Race: Brenton

Class: Rogue/Mage

Looks: Approximately 5'8, skinny and quick with shoulder length dark Black hair, dark green eyes, and Tan skin. His face is thin and he almost always has a mischievous smile playing across his lips. (age 23)

Personality: Edwin is a cunning smooth talking renagade with an air of trouble always floating around him. He dables in minor crime such as petty theft, smuggling, and the ocasionaly burgalry. He is nice to the few that he calls friends and avoids those who he doesnt like, shying away from direct confrontation whenever posible.

Combat pref: When forced into a combat situation Edwin will atempt to win by any means posible. He prefers to pick of targets at range with balls of fire or bolts of ice, but is fairly adept at fighting with his daggers and sword in melee as well (when he is forced to). If a situation becomes dangerous Edwin will try to either defuse it with a calming Illusion or set his enemies against eachother with a fury spell. He will then try to escape using invisibility.

Gear: Edwin is usually dressed in a strange, specially modified robe. Origionally a mages robe from the colledge of winterhold he has added pieces of leather armor to it here and there to provide a little more protection. He also has a variety of bandoliers, potion vials, and pouches arrayed about his torso.
    Weapons: Edwin's sword is a finely made steel weapon that he has put a shock enchantment on (called Shimmerstar)
    His primary Steel dagger also is enchanted, only with a drain life enchantment (its called Thorn)
    He also has three other daggers he uses as throwing weapons.

Back story: Edwin was Born in High Rock into a wealthy noble family. His adventurous and troublesome personality conflicted with the strict rules of his parents and, at the age of 18 when he was found to have magical ability they gladly shiped him off to the colledge of Winterhold. Edwin stayed there for three years, never moving higher than aprentice due to his strong desire not to work at all. During this time however he did manage to become a somewhat competant mage. However this part of his life ended when he was expelled from the colledge when it was discovered he had been stealing valuable alchemical ingredients from the higher up mages and selling them to the Kajiit Caravans as they passed through. Not to sadened by this Edwin joined up with the Kajiit Caravan for two years, until he decided to go out and wander the vast expanse of skyrim on his own.

Kova

Bosmer Master Race
    Kova raised an eyebrow, keeping his smile as he dropped the man's hand. He placed his index finger against his chin, something he did often when he was in thought. "Well," he began, trying to remember what in Oblivion /did/ bring him here. He looked off to the side for a moment before bringing his gaze back to the man. "I heard some rumors of a high Dunmer population here. I'm actually 1/8th Dunmer, you know." That was a lie. Kova wasn't even sure if Mer could interbreed like that. "I also heard they were in pretty bad shape. Oh yeah, and this guy named Isran said there was a vampire here. I'm trying to join the Dawnguard." He puffed his chest out proudly, though his voice sounded hopeful at best. He had never been one to fight. "What about you, Edwin? What brings /you/ here?"

(Thanks, broham. Your character seems interesting. I've got part of my character card in my sig. Everything except his bio, but that's supposed to be a secret anyways.)

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin grinned at the elfs claim to being part dunmer. Being an acomplished liar himself he was usually able to discern fact from fiction. The fact that Kova had said there had been rumors of a vampire in the area both intruiged and unerved Edwin. He had, of course, heard of vampires but had never had the misfortune of meeting one. The thought that such a monster, silent, sinister, and deadly could be lurking near made the hairs on his neck prickle.

In response to the Bosmers question Edwin shrugged, then shot Kova a sly look "oh you know, sometimes when you get into.... misunderstandings in the more civilised south its best if you go someplace out of the way to let things cool down, if you catch my drift" Edwin winked then quickly changed the subject, inquireing about the dawnguard.

"So these dawnguard.... vampire hunters right? Why would you want to join up with them, sounds like a lot of personely risk for not much monetary gain. There are so many other, more prosperous endevors one such as yourself could be involved in." Edwin was skeptical that the elf really wanted to join up with these vampire hunters, he seemed to be more talk than anything else. Truly a kindred spirit to himself.

(probably wont reply for a day or two, just a heads up)

Kova

Bosmer Master Race
    Kova sighed when Edwin mentioned something about lying low. That was something he'd been doing ever since... Well, ever since Cidhna. His ears perked up and he grinned when the Breton asked of the Dawnguard. Kova loved speaking of himself, and when he was given the chance, he could talk for hours.

"Well, I'm not really fond of vampires, and I've been looking for something to keep me busy. That, and I guess I kinda owe Isran. He found me after I had a little run-in with a frost troll. He's a good guy and all, but I really question his judgement, sending me out to kill someone like a vampire. What, with my disease and all."

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin listened to Kova talk intently, listening for any interesting pieces of information about the vampire or these dawnguard. He generally found that it payed of to know as much as possible about current events in the world. When Kova mentioned 'his disease' Edwin narrowed his eyes slightly, studying his face intently. The bosmer apeared to have a healthy hue to his skin and his eyes were a normal shade so Edwin did not think he was refering to vampirism, but it seemed an odd remark to make.

Edwin finished his ale and decided not to question Kova about it. He instead asked "So who is this Isran? A mage from the colledge? Has he hired you to deal with this vampire all by yourself?"

Kova

Bosmer Master Race
    Kova smirked and gave a slight chuckle when Edwin asked if Isran was a mage. "Isran isn't nearly smart enough to wrap his head around magic," he explained, stretching out his arms, turning around and leaning against the bar to examine the scene. "No, no. Isran's the leader of the Dawnguard. Apparently they were some old order a long time ago. He's trying to bring them back."

The Bosmer bit his lip slightly when he thought about facing the vampire alone. "Er... I don't know if he wants me to on my own. I mean... As you can tell, I'm not the most skilled warrior, but this crossbow here is about the best weapon for fighting the bastards. Or any undead, for that matter."

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin thought quietly for a moment about the things the Bosmer had said. He wasnt so shure about these Dawnguard, they sounded a lot like one of those riteous orders of knights that he worked hard to stay well out of the way of. They tended to look down on wandering scoundrel's such as himself.

Edwin sighed. His cautions side told him that it would be in his best interests to just leave this matter for the elf to resolve, but, as usual, his curiosity and the thought that there might be some decent pay involved in this affair got the better of his good sense.

"You know I hear that Vampires are quite vulnerable to fire as well as that crossbow of yours." Edwin lifted his hand and flexed his fingers. A quivering red flame sprung to life briefly in the palm of his hand before he snuffed it out. "And I happen to be a mage of some power." A little bit of an exaggeration, for Edwin was far to lazy to take the time and effort and actually master spells of real power. He did, however, have quite a bit of natural talent and Kova didn't have to know the true extent of his abilities.

"So tell me Kova," Edwin continued, looking at the elf with a mischevious grin, "Is good Isran offering you a reward for slaying this Monster?"

Rekamennos

Account closed
    It's been a while since Danacia last visited Winterhold, and for what reason other than to see her sister? The Thane had a home here, surprisingly, something of the Jarl's insistence for her to do most likely so he could expand his ruin of a city in the most he could possibly ensure. Danacia kicked her trusty steed, Mirrow, and he trotted faster as they made their way close to the inn. She knew Leilani wouldn't be home yet, but in the next day or so she would be coming to the cold, blistering windy, town.

Danacia brought her horse around back, and she dismounted leading Mirrow into the complimentary stalls of the inn. She slid the door shut, and the horse moved himself to the back as he began to munch on the hay that was provided. "I will be back later, boy, and then you get to see Leilani." She smiled, waving goodbye to her horse as she headed off for the inn. Her horse didn't react to her words.

Pulling open the door, she found herself instantly lay her eyes upon Edwin. Danacia saw him speaking with another man, and she figured it would be best to not interrupt. She made her way, however, past them in eye's view as she walked up to the bar to order a drink. She handed over some septims, the bartender handed her a flagon, and then she made her way towards the fire to keep warm. It had been years since she spent several months of her time in a cramped dwemer ruin with Edwin and several other adventurers.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    M'al entered the bar looking for a drink. His thirst was burning his throat. IT created a pit in it's stomach.
    He sat down in a far corner and observed the people inside,his prey. A bosmer,breton and a woman. M'al lickind his lips. He was starving. The young khajiit closed his eyes and listened deeply to the setting. Babom babom babom babom, M'al thought of everyone's heart pumping the delicious crimson food. His stomach growled loudly. His pupils dilated to red color and focused back to the normal hazel color. He looked at his paw. The black coat with white stripes swirled his arm leading to his paw.
    He released his claws and smiled. For a 14 year old khajiit his claws were nearly fully matured.

He noticed the woman move to the fire,He stepped up and followed her. He sat next to her smiling at the fire.
    He purred as he embraced the warmth. He was the perfect distance, in truth he hated fire but loved warmth.
    He looked at the woman and spoke "Is that man/Breton your husband? I seen you look at him" M'al hoped she was alone, it would make his feast so much easier.

Rekamennos

Account closed
    "No, he happens to be a friend I made a few years back, haven't seen him in a while." Danacia responded to the abrupt question from a random Khajiit stranger. She looked in his direction with a smile, taking a sip of her flagon and resting back in her dark and light steel armor combination against the chair.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
    M'al nodded. "My name is M'al." He looked at the woman she was beautiful. She obviously wasn't interested in M'al. He stood and walked back to his table. The fire was getting to hot. He rested his head on the table and frowned. The vampire wasn't going to feed tonight.

M'al grew upset and angry. He wanted to go over there and kill the 2 men. He wanted to rip one apart and feed directly from the source...the heart. He shook his head. He couldn't he knew the dawnguard have come back stronger than ever.

Rekamennos

Account closed
    Danacia watched the man come over to her, introduce himself, and then leave for some random reason frustrated as he sat back in the corner of the inn. Her eyes widened, confused for what she did wrong, and then she shook her head going back to focus on the fire in front of her. Danacia only smiled at him, she wondered why the man got so upset.

(Chahin, Nord, Riften guard.)

Chahin made his way through the thick snow; his eyes protected from the fierce winds of Winterhold by his helmet as he slowly advanced towards the small town. As Chahin entered the village, one of the local guards acknowledged him with a wave, coming over to talk. "Hey their Chahin, what brings all the way up from Riften, you haven't been transferred up here have you?" "No no, nothing like that" Said the Riften guard, walking with his friend towards Frozen Hearth inn, hoping to find shelter from the storm. "I'm just passing through, I have a meeting with the captain of the guard in Dawnstar, and I just thought I would have a drink at your fine Traven before I head off" " "Alright, just make sure to say goodbye to me before you leave, it's been a while since we talked." "I'll make sure to do that, see you later." Said Chahin as the Winterhold guard went back to patroling the town, leavening Chahin to enter the only real business left in this sad excuse for a village. Chahin sat himself down in the closest chair to the bar, ordering a drink form the barkeeper, hoping to let at least a few minutes go by without a drunken brawl, troll attack, or anything else that he would be forced to intervene with, as he needed to rest for the long journey ahead of him.

Rekamennos

Account closed
    "When's Leilani going to get here..." She sighed, wondering why in the world to ever come to a place such as Winterhold. There wasn't anything for her here, anyways, she wasn't a mage. Danacia sipped her flagon once more, and her head cocked to the door behind that swung open bringing in the blistering winds from outside. And her prayers had been answered.

"You know, when you do something like that you end up getting yourself into more trouble than you do good." Leilani said as she came through the door accompanied by Jarl Korir's Steward, Marul, the man and the woman were laughing. She shook Marul's hand, flashing her pearly whites that accented against her tan Eslweyren touched skin. Bright lime green eyes fell upon Danacia, her tan sister with the light red hair and lime green eyes. Danacia stood up, extending her arms, and then the both rushed to each other for an embrace like it had been years.

"Months of time has passed since you have seen your nephew and niece..." Danacia said as she held her sister close and tight. "I feel like I don't even know you anymore!"

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin turned from Kova, the elf, when he heard a familiar voice from across the room. His mouth opened in shock as he looked upon Danacia Mundatke. "Danaica!" Edwin shouted across the room, recieving a glare from some mage sitting at a table nearby. The Breton scoundrel jumped up from his chair, and quickly made his way over to her. Danacia was an old friend, and he hadn't seen her for almost two years! Fancy they would see eachother again in the same spot they had first met.

He reached the redheaded Nord woman and grinned, sweeping a flamboyant bow, grabbing her hand and kissing it. Edwin then straightened and looked to the other two women that Danacia had been talking to. One he recognized as Jarl Korir's steward, the other he guessed was Lelani, Danacia's sister. They both had the same lime green eyes.

Edwin smiled to the other two, "Sorry for the interuption, I didn't mean to be rude. You must be Lelani?" the Breton looked to the woman similar in appearance to Danacia.

Rekamennos

Account closed
    Leilani smiled widely, which was surprising for the older sister as her friend approached. "Yes, and you are?" She nodded politely as her lime green eyes scanned over his body up and down.

"Oh Edwin it's been too long! And of all places to see you!" She laughed, disregarding his kiss on her hand, and she pulled him in for a tight embrace. He was a good friend of hers, had her back many times down in the dwemer ruin they excavated, so there was no reason for him to be so formal. The hug lasted a few moments, and then she pulled away lingering in his lime green eyes with a feeling of happiness she hadn't expressed in quite a while. "How are you fairing these days?" They were close, as she pulled from the embace. She stepped back just a bit, blushing and looking down with a big grin.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin accepted Danacia's warm embrace without hesitation, tightening his arms around the slim yet muscular woman. As he released her he looked to Lelani and smiled, "I am Edwin, I met Danacia several years back on a hired assignment in this very hold!" he shook his head and grinned ruefully, "funny how we meet again in the same place, huh Danacia? It was that table over there if memory serves."

She asked him how he was and Edwin shrugged, "Oh, you know. Still wandering about like before. Its not a career that I intend to give up soon. I made the most amazing journey to Akivir using the money we got from the expedition! Many a good story from that trip!" He grinned as he recalled all of the great near death experiences that he had had on that insane adventure. "What about you? been doing well?"