• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Interestred?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Rale

Full-time Skeever King, TaliWhacker, Cheeseman
    hmm, hes already statred writing the opening i think, we may have to delete all of our pointless osts

Rale

ikr, aint it swell

Rale

wheres the other thread?

Could everyone keep track of gear, using this format. Also, a friendly reminder; try not to take control of NPCs, at all. Feel free to make a post in this thread on which you can keep track of your character;

Level: (XP)
    Gold:
    Inventory:
    Equipped:
    Spells Known:
    Perks:

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
    You might want to make a formula as to how much each bandit /baddie has on them, a base amount of starter money and experience per kill list if you want your players to keep track on their own they need a base of information to work from.

And unless your always on (cause this forum is 24/7 with posters from every time zone) I suggest letting them do simple interactions with npc's as long as it doesn't overpower or break the story for example:
    no getting super power items but simple items, and getting to town, getting a drink, or food etc. should be ok.

These are suggestions and I mean no offence by them. Still its your thread and you can control it your way.

Yeah, thanks, I suppose your right. Minor intractions should be fine, getting a drink from a bartender. The thing I don't really want is people leaving "zones" by themselves, for example leaving whiterun and is in Solituide by the time im back on. As when your in the wilderness of Skyrim, who knows what could happen? Gotta make it intresting. I'll do a Xp to level grid soon. But I'll be telling the PC's what loot baddies have on them, or whats in chests.

Thanks for your input, PurpleShew.

Geel-Kajin

hmm...sorry I havent been on for a while, im still struggling to understand when the main quest come into play. Been working on my own RP, trying to make it's climax good so havent had time to return to the thread. May i inquire what is the difference between this and actual skyrim? I am having trouble figuring out how some players suddenly just "poof" up a horse

Yes, I was having troule understanding that too. I was not on their bio they had a horse. And its sandbox, it does not have a main quest as such, players are free to do as they wish. I will direct people on quests but people can do whatever they like. For example, people are currently going to kill forsworn, I had no idea this would happen nor did I have any input, people can do whatever they wish, like in skyrim.

Rale

So its like Skyrim multiplayer, with words? Mind=Blown

Yep, thats the idea ;) thats why I'm ready to accept as many new players as possible. I intend to implement perks, so when you level up you get a bonus!

Mikey

Level:1
    Gold:150
    Inventory: A Belted Tunic with brown boots, leather armor (everything to it except helmet), entire thieves guild outfit , Elven dagger and an Iron bow of Atronach (5 damage of Fire, Frost, And lightning) 20 potions of plentiful Health and Magicka. Ring of muffled steps, and Ring of lockpicking
    Equipped: Belted Tunic, brown boots with the elven dagger of atronach, ring of muffled steps and lockpicking
    Spells Known: Ancestral wrath, Flames, Sparks
    Perks: None yet

Attachments

• Madias.jpg
      Madias.jpg
      5.3 KB · Views: 0

Mikey

Alright

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
    Mikey your character has IMO(in my opinion)
    too much money and power,
    you also don't seem to pay attention to where you are or what you are doing when you post your next line and react to people not near you and to information your character never heard...

there was no way for you to know the thalmor were outside of town while you were sleeping in the inn,
    your "Friends hidden with bows" are npc's which this threads rules don't allow you to have... nor is there a explaination as to why they would have been fully prepared for your signal.

You are breaking the story, you need to play this like a 1st level player, and not try to be a bad ass.
    Pay attention to who is speaking to who... reread and then reread again before posting making sure your the subject of a post before answering.

Also in your haste don't do actions that would be impossible for a 1st level character to do just to be in the story.

I say this as a reader of this thread not as the role play moderator. If I was acting as the moderator I would be asking the thread lead what he wants done about your character. Instead I am trying to give some constructive crit and have you settle down with your writing.

Obscure.Ref.Girl

Carpe' Jugular
    I like reading the stories, here in the Role Play area, and this has as much potential as [EWM] but last few days were hard to read cause of all the bad story telling going on. I have to agree with PurpleShew, watch what is said and how you react to things, a good story is engaging on its own with out the need to do things spectacular and story breaking.

Derath_farseer

Yeah I feel things in this thread are slowing down, And that is as much as my fault as the rest of the members, We need to find a time where all the members can get together. And talk to the DM about taking a larger role in moderating this.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts