18+ The Elder Scrolls: The Call of Cthulhu

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Mytheos

Mytheos listened intently and quietly as a few travelers spoke to with a mysterious man who identified himself as Mr. White who warning the group of a coming threat beyond even the realm of Oblivion.

From his place of unintended hiding behind the stables of Whiterun Mytheos tried to not make a sound but he had to do something about the blood drained sellsword who lay before him. Mytheos never liked bullies, especially ones that make it their business to harass barmaids and hardworking women like the fruit and vegetable farmer in Whiterun's market district. With haste Mytheos covered the body with hay and straw and by doing so making a very audible rustling noise. Mytheos thought about which spell would best suit this situation but quickly decided it would be in his best interests not to make an scene, so the vampyric mage lowered his hands. "Is somebody there?" Called one of the group.

Mytheos drew his apprentice hood up over his shoulder length reddish brown hair and over his reddish orange eyes, adjusted his apprentice robes and walked out into the open with his hands in the air and a smirk on his face.
    "You caught me!"

A few bottles rolled by his feet as he had purposefully kicked them into doing so. Hoping to convince the group he was just enjoying a few bottles mead in peace behind the stables.

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Beth watched as the strange man surrendered himself. She had been scouring the area with her mind to make sure no-one was listening. It had taken an immense amount of effort but it had resulted in her catching this man. She wasn't sure if it was a man or some animal, but when the rustling came out from behind the stable, she was positive.
    "How much of that did you just hear?" Beth asked suspiciously.

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    Vonos listened in disbelief, trying to pretend that situation didn't sound as bad as it was being presented to be. "By Namira..." he said under his breath, "If what you say is true, how could a group of mere mortals be strong enough to face such a catastrophic force?" he questioned calmly, disguising the wild and doubtful thoughts running through his head. At the sound of glass kicked across the dirt, the Dunmer's eyes sharply turned to the source of the noise, a red haired human man revealed himself from the shadows cast from the stables. "You caught me!" the mysterious man said with a smirk, his hood hiding his eyes in a similar manner to Vonos's own hood.

"And who has decided to reveal himself to our fellowship?" The Elf asked with a smirk of his own, "Perhaps one of the Outer Realm's eyes and ears?" Vonos remarked.

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    A stranger came out from the shadows with a hood hiding his face. "You caught me!" The stranger said as he removed his hood and showed his red hair and smirk. "And who has decided to reveal himself to our fellowship?" Perhaps one of the Outer Realm's eyes and ears?" Vonos remarked. Silver gave a small laugh at the dunmers comment and walked slowly towards the red haired man, with his hands resting on the hilts of his swords. "Please tell us your name, strager." He said softly to show that he didn't want to harm the man unless necesary.

Mytheos

"Mytheos. My name is Mytheos, and... I'm sorry, I never meant to listen in on your conversation. I was just enjoying a quiet night with a bottle or two of mead and then all of you happened along. As for what I heard... I will not deceive you, I heard the lot of it. What of these outer gods? Please continue. I know it may not be my business, and I was hardly invited, but is it not every soul on Nirn's business if these outer gods are to burn our world to the ground?"

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    Vonos raised an eyebrow at Mytheos's explanation, agreeing with him surprisingly. "To be honest, he has a point..." the Dunmer informed the group, scanning the area for any other wandering ears. "If you want to know more, I'd talk to White here," Vonos jabbed a thumb in the White Man's direction, "We only know as much as he has told us..." He studied the man's eyes, orangish and red, unusual for a human. "Mytheos was it? Allow me to introduce myself. I am Vonos Dres, Wandering Wizard from Windhelm," he smirked and gave a bow, giving a toothy grin as he did so, slightly revealing a row of sharp teeth. "I don't know how much you'll understand of the Outer Gods, for I am clueless to how much liquor you've consumed," the Elf said with a laugh, toying with drunks was something he thoroughly enjoyed, unknowing to him however, that the Vampire was not intoxicated in the least.

Mytheos

"Nice to meet you Vonos. Sorry, I didn't catch the rest of your names."

Mytheos approaches the rest of the group and rests his hands on his hips in a laid back fashion and gives a warm smile.

mast3rlinkx

With Vonos's concerns voiced, the White Man's face pulled into a smile. He seemed to think they'd be facing the Outer Gods directly. "Allow me to put these concerns at rest. We will not be facing the Outer Gods. We will be using ancient occult rituals to delay them until this thinning of dimensional barriers passes. We will need souls, for much of these occult rituals demand blood. As you are aiding, your souls will not be part of the ritual. We will use the souls of prisoners and other individuals already doomed to die, as well as bandits, and this death shall be painless. These rituals do not necessarily need innocent souls." There was also one other component of the ritual needed, but he left that out and can gather it without having to let the others know what the true nature of that component was. "Now, there has been a report of a Forsworn redoubt that has descended into madness. In order for you to aid me at peak efficiency, you must acquaint yourself with the occult, especially you, Silverhair." How the White Man knew Silv's name, much less his lack of experience with the occult, without being told was not known, but as his cold stare pierced the white-haired Nord, Silverhair couldn't help but feel a shiver run down his spine. If they weren't so desperate for aid, Briseen-Ra wouldn't have turned to such a mysterious man. "Good. Which way are we going?" "This Redoubt is due east of Markarth, but we may as well not even call it such, for those who reside there now are but shadows of their former selves, they have descended so far into madness. The mortal mind cannot handle logn-term contact with the Outer Gods, and even brief contact causes the foul dreams you call nightmares." The White Man shut the Necronomicon and smiled."Now, since we have a nice, large group now that our... friend here has joined us, we should get going." The way he said "friend" disheartened Mytheos, and the Nord would get the impression that the White Man knew exactly what he truly was. It would seem that the White Man knew more than he let on.

Mytheos

Mytheos couldn't help but feel a shiver run down his spine at the way he was pointed out as ..."friend". "Who... is this man?" Mytheos thought to himself.
    "It's as though he can tell. It's like he knows of my vampirism and he is taunting that knowledge in plain view. I can only hope that the others did not notice the way he referred to me, I don't need this plan to go sour. With any luck these people and their quest may bring me closer to the demon I'm hunting. It's been too long since I've had a solid lead on how to track him down." Mytheos thought to himself.

The Nord of reddish brown hair quickly shook off the chill that struck him and piped up "What do we need to prepare before heading towards the Reach?".

EpicVakarian

Beth could see that there was something the White Man wasn't telling them. She wanted to know more, but she knew already that the White Man would not answer until he found it the fit time to do so.
    "Well, what are we waiting for? Forsworn that have gone even more insane than they already were sound like a threat to me."

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    Listening intently, a wave of relief passed through Vonos as the White Man informed the group that they wouldn't be directly facing the Outer Gods. "Occults? Rituals? nothing I haven't experienced before," the Elf thought, remembering his days in the Cult of Namira, participating in twisted rituals that almost always called for sacrifice, spilling the blood of the innocent so that he might feast and appease Namira. Repressing those memories, Vonos shook his head, "You are no longer apart of that, you don't kill innocents...Feed on the damned, no matter how bitter the taste..." the thoughts echoed through his head, and he felt his mind overwhelmed with guilt.

"Forsworn huh? As if they weren't sadistic enough..now they are held captive by an alien influence?" The Mage questioned the White Man, still trying to process the barrage of bizarre information he was receiving. Sighing, Vonos exhaled deeply, "I wish I could say I've heard crazier...lets go.." he stated, giving a cocky smile, showing his surprisingly clean, sharp teeth.

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    "Forsworn? Those tribal people?" Silver fowned and looked at the white man. He remembered having seen them once before, when his tribe had set up camp in the Reach. "I don't find them unusual. They're just protecting their territory, right?" Silver had a small weakness over minorities and other tribes. "But if we need to fight them in order to save the world, I'll do it. But only if it's nececary!" He gave Mr. White a strickt look, showing that he was serious.

Silver now turned over to Vonos Dres and nodded. "Dres is right. We should get going. the Reach is a long march from here." Silver loosened his ponytail again, letting the long hair hang freely. He started thinking about what the White Man had told him about his lack of experience in some occult, and how he had known his full name. Only Thaer and Nedhel had used his full name, and he was positive that this man never had set his feet inside their camp, or even talked to one of them. He shook his head, trying to get his thought on something else. He looked up at the others. "Shall we go?"

mast3rlinkx

((Gonna write Briseen out since I've kinda lost interest in him. The White Man is a lot more fun to play, anyway, so I'm going to be putting all of my focus on him.))

The White Man nodded at Silver's final question, not even seeming to notice the confused looks. "Yes, we shall go now. I will answer your other questions along the way. Briseen will remain behind to continue recruiting for our cause, but if nobody else has shown up by now, I'm not sure if we'll get anymore. Best to be safe rather than sorry, however." He nodded to the Argonian, who nodded back and returned to Whiterun to do just that. "As for the rest of you, just bring what you have now. The Forsworn are not very dangerous in this state, which is a stark contrast to their usual sort of insanity. This is a less violent sort of insanity. You shall see what they're like soon, and you may find yourself preferring them as they usually are out of pity." The White Man hailed a passing carriage and produced a bag of coin. "Please, kind sir, if you would give my friends and I a lift to Markarth. Thank you, my friend." He climbed into the back and gestured to the others to do the same. "Well, shall we get going?"

EpicVakarian

Beth was surprised, she had expected Briseen-Ra to come with them. But she didn't argue; she climbed into the carriage and sat opposite the White Man, waiting for the others to do the same.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts