The Elder Scrolls 6: Thread for Discussion/Ideas

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
TES 6 will be coming out after the release of Fallout 4, which is being released in October of 2013 - so this means that sometime in late 2013 or early-mid-late 2014, a new TES game will come out - and be the 6th one, after Skyrim. This thread is for general discussion on ideas for the next TES game, which will be the 6th TES overall. I will use some ideas to send to Bethesda Softworks (bethsoft.com) website. I have personally collected some ideas I think would be a big help to the next game. I have collected some other ideas such as location(s), new character creation options, and things in the same category as that. Below this is a list of my personal ideas (warning to you: it is VERY long.) to share. Please comment your own, as I am interested in hearing your ideas for the next great Elder Scrolls game.

LOCATION- These are my thoughts on the idea of location in the next Elder Scrolls game. This concerns which country, our countries, the game will be held in. Many of the answers I hear when I ask where the location of the next game should be, usually include 'all of Tamriel'. I see how this might be an interesting game - being able to explore the whole continent - but it might be a problem, due to some - and most - of the countries already being explored in previous games, and, due to the fact that this game may take longer to develop, and would most likely come out later than mid-2014 - but, then again, I could be wrong. Personally, I have developed a very complex, but reasonable, idea for the location of the next game. The next game should take place in 4 countries - Hammerfell, Valenwood, Elsweyr, and Black Marsh. You may be wondering why I've chosen those 4 specific countries in the whole continent of Tamriel. The answer to that question is: the countries are all in relation to each other - meaning they are nearby to one another, making for an easy travel from one country to another. My idea for traveling to them (by 'them' I mean the countries that are parted by water) is to form a new way of transportation with ships and boats. Ships and boats will have their own access costs and specific details (which will most likely be discussed in the future). Each country has an amount of towns (the capitol of each country is highlighted in bold):
HAMMERFELL- Alik'r Desert, Dragonstar, Elinhir, Gilane, Hegathe, Rihad, Sentinel, Skaven, Stros M'Kai, Taneth
VALENWOOD- Arenthia, Elden Root, Falinesti, Gilverdale, Greenheart, Haven, Silvenar, Southpoint, Woodhearth, Diss
ELSWEYR- Albaster, Corinthe, Dune, The Halls of Colossus (more of a complex rather than town itself), Orcrest, Rimmen, Riverhold, Senchal, Torval
BLACK MARSH- Archon, Blackrose, Gideon, Helstrom, Lilmoth, Murkwood, Soulrest, Stormhold, Thorn

Although I have not mentioned which country the beginning of the game should begin in, I have developed a sensual storyline, that I think would be benevolent to the interests of getting farther into the game - reading below will lead you in the direction of my storyline idea.

The game begins in the country of Hammerfell, in an unknown area of the country. You awaken, blurry-eyed, but your eye focus becomes clearer, and you soon realize you've been taken hostage by a two Redguard Rackateer Highmasters (I will describe Rackateers' later in my idea thread), physically assaulted, beaten to unconsciousness, and held by shackle chains on your arms and feet. You are awoken by the sound of the Marauders shouting, screaming and arguing about your death, and whether or not it will benefit them. They soon decide to kill you for invading their land without permission of the 'ruler'; the 'ruler' doesn't become known until later. They unlock your shackles and one of them picks your body up off the ground, and throws you over his shoulder. They carry you into a isolated room, full of necessities, and drops you onto a small, unstable table, splattered with dried blood. The Rackateers both confirm to each other that they won't regret the death of you. One picks up a sharp, dull axe, readying to behead you, and the moment before the blade slashes your throat open, the door is slammed open. The Rackateers turn around, only to see a Redguard woman Rackateer. She begins to quickly, in a fearful tone, explain that there is a man loosely and freely spying around the watch, killing Rackateers at his every chance. The Rackateers leave, shutting the door behind them, which is supposedly locked.
This is where you sit up, and your face is shown. You begin to create your character's facial features, body structure, and other optional things for your character, and then create a name for them. After this, you stand up and are free to grab items around the room, such as clothing, weapons, and other things you can choose to take. (Let me note that all items should be randomly generated, but still the same value. There shouldn't be a garnet in the cabinet behind the bloody table, and someone else have a wooden plate in it instead. Let all items be different but be extremely close in value.). You then must find the key out of the room, which has been successfully locked by the Highmasters'. The quest point will lead you to the key, and you will be able to free yourself from the room; the rest of the beginning of the game will include fighting off various Rackateer levels, and some other enemies, but low-leveled and easy enough for just starting off. Once you defeat everyone in the watch, you are freed to the outside world, and then must follow the quest point to a hut deeper into Hammerfell, where you will find a small houseful of friendly Redguard citizens, who are willing to help you, cleaning your wounds, offering you good necessities, a warm meal, bed and a roof to live under for as long as you need. After this point in the game, you can officially explore anywhere else, follow quests, and much, much, more.

This is what I think would be a great storyline. I will be back later to add more details on the next TES 6, and what I think should be included. Please leave your ideas in the comments, and I will review them in the morning. Thank you guys so much for reading!

-dawnguardsrfan2564

Smarty

Sorry to burst your bubble, but if the development schedule you provided is correct, it is very likely they've already made their minds about where/how/why it would take place, probably even began development on it.

Smarty

There's no way in hell they will release the game that early. You're getting a little too ahead of yourself.

If we consider how long skyrim/oblivion/morrowind/etc in between each game, you are most likely correct. I wouldn't expect it earlier than late 2014.

Falmer19

Not necessarily. It was 4 years between morrowind and oblivion, and 5 years between Oblivion and skyrim. Don't get your hopes up. Overall I think your Idea is pretty well constructed, but it would seem more like bethesda to focus to one region rather than 4. Think about trying to run something similar in size to Skyrim and morrowind combined, with superior graphics. Thats pretty hardware-intensive. Also, Its great that you are working on ideas that are well thought out, but Bethesda more than likely already has a set direction for the next game, and the communities input is rather insignificant. How much did Oblivion fans call for Skyrim as the next game in 2007, If anyone can tell me? (Only got into Elder scrolls recently)

Level Seven

If we consider how long skyrim/oblivion/morrowind/etc in between each game, you are most likely correct. I wouldn't expect it earlier than late 2014.

I have a feeling it will come out late 2015-2016. There's no way that they would release it in the beginning of the year anyways, releasing a blockbuster game would generate more sales during the holiday season.

Smarty

Not necessarily. It was 4 years between morrowind and oblivion, and 5 years between Oblivion and skyrim. Don't get your hopes up. Overall I think your Idea is pretty well constructed, but it would seem more like bethesda to focus to one region rather than 4. Think about trying to run something similar in size to Skyrim and morrowind combined, with superior graphics. Thats pretty hardware-intensive. Also, Its great that you are working on ideas that are well thought out, but Bethesda more than likely already has a set direction for the next game, and the communities input is rather insignificant. How much did Oblivion fans call for Skyrim as the next game in 2007, If anyone can tell me? (Only got into Elder scrolls recently)

If I recall correctly, the domain name for skyrim was registered not long after the release of The Shivering Isles dlc.

Falmer19

If I recall correctly, the domain name for skyrim was registered not long after the release of The Shivering Isles dlc.
Ok. So they had already figured out by then.
-wait, Redguard was just re-patented. Maybe a domain name coming soon? Redguard in 98 was a flop, they might try to do Elder scrolls 6 in Hammerfell? 3 DLC for Skyrim is enough. Shivering Isles came out a year or so after oblivion, then Skyrim was registered as a domain. Dragonborn came out a year after Skyrim, then Redguard patenting. I'm calling Elder Scrolls 6: Redguard

Smarty

-wait, Redguard was just re-patented. Maybe a domain name coming soon? Redguard in 98 was a flop, they might try to do Elder scrolls 6 in Hammerfell? 3 DLC for Skyrim is enough. Shivering Isles came out a year or so after oblivion, then Skyrim was registered as a domain. Dragonborn came out a year after Skyrim, then Redguard patenting. I'm calling Elder Scrolls 6: Redguard

It's most likely a dlc and not Elder Scrolls 6, or it's about the game Redguard.

Falmer19

Maybe, But 3 DLC for 20$ and Hearthfire for 5 seems a stretch. I, and many others will pay it, but I'll complain.

I would personally love to see it in Summerset Isles, Valenwood, or Black Marsh, as the first would continue loosely upon the war story from TES5, and the latter 2 would have very interesting enviroments. Sadly, they will develop it how they want to.

Falmer19

I would personally love to see it in Summerset Isles, Valenwood, or Black Marsh, as the first would continue loosely upon the war story from TES5, and the latter 2 would have very interesting enviroments. Sadly, they will develop it how they want to.
Yep, we sadly have very little say, but it's probably better that way

Smarty

Yep, we sadly have very little say, but it's probably better that way

Yes sometimes much better.

M'aiq The Liar said:
"It is good the people wear clothing. M'aiq wears clothing. Who would want to see M'aiq naked? Sick, sick people. Very sad."

Sorry to burst your bubble, but if the development schedule you provided is correct, it is very likely they've already made their minds about where/how/why it would take place, probably even began development on it.
I wouldn't say it is correct, but just how I thought of it. It could come out later than I think, which may be around 2015. We will have to wait and see.

You are right - 4 regions seems like much, and originally I thought Hammerfell would be a good exploration place for the next TES - but I expanded (a little much)... but thank you for your critique. I'll have to look into other websites about the next game - I've heard multiple locations (Elsweyr, Summerset Isles, etc.) of where the game will be held. We will have to wait and see...

I like that idea. But you are right- they will develop it their own way

I agree that 3 DLC's is good - also your statement about in 98 how Redguard didn't work out so well, they might re-try to locate a game in Hammerfell to see if it is successful. I think Hammerfell is one of the top locations on my mind for the next TES

Yukari Yakumo

The Countless Violet Clouds
I agree that 3 DLC's is good - also your statement about in 98 how Redguard didn't work out so well, they might re-try to locate a game in Hammerfell to see if it is successful. I think Hammerfell is one of the top locations on my mind for the next TES
I doubt they'd choose to revisit when there's still places we have yet to see at all.
Southern Tamriel sounds much more likely: Summerset, Valenwood, Elswyr(the top choice for most), and Black Marsh.