• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
To remain on topic, I have not yet defeated this dark warrior mentioned above. I fear I may need to learn some magic before I can even approach him.

Aye, it does seem like magic users, specifically conjurers, have it easier against him than warriors like ourselves. He's apparently match us sinew for sinew and shout for shout.

Saozig

Hippy
Does the disgree thingy make it impossible to comment after you give it? Or do people just give someone a disagree rating and then run away?

Anyhow, the Ebony Warrior is much higher rated than anything else in the DLC and has lots of defensive perks. Pretty much the best plan of attack IMO is to

use weapons with Absorb Health enchantments, because it will drain his health faster and help you compensate for his various damage bonuses. Additionally it's good to conjure up something to help distract him from you. He's pretty much immune to any magic attack unless you can get him to use his bow and not his shield, so if you use magic, you need to think more defensively like that.

If you want to tear away the mystique, just read up on his abiltiies on the wikis:

Ebony Warrior - The Elder Scrolls Wiki

Dragonborn:Ebony Warrior - UESPWiki

Saozig

Hippy
I couldn't believe his armor fit me!
Yeah, it fit my Breton Saozig a' Dhubh, aka the Shortest Adult Person in Skyrim, too. Wild.

She looked like a kid next to him too:

standalone

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
I found wearing an Amulet of Talos and shouting just before he does makes a difference for strictly melee characters.

Saint Vicious

Still sober
I killed him with a shovel. Seriously, I had to put it on adept, wear full legendary double enchanted armor. Steady drinking potions. Used berserker rage until it ran out, every shout I could manage. ALLOT of running and hiding. At one point a dragon tried to jump it. and the dragon got a few good hits on ebony(Not me, I was running in circles the whole fight) but eventually ebony killed him. His health finally got low enough for me to put him in the dirt (get it? Dirt, shovel,,,,nevermind...)

The whole fight took roughly 45 minutes. But I bet i'm the only one who can honestly say. "I killed the Ebony Warrior with a shovel."

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Oh my old friend.... my one true challenge. You fought well, toe to toe, but to my woe you proved to be my match pound for pound blow to blow. Through thunder and lightning, and hellish rain we battled down the mountainside, oh how the heavens themselves shook with fury! The might of mine and mine foe took us across the land, and in each hold we left our scars, in a deadly game of attrition across the land. The world was our battle ground, but only one couldwithstand this mighty contest, and alas, he lives to tell the story here.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Next time you walk in the Reach, you may hear a forsworn or two recount the tale. But to no avail, for they only saw one part of a grand scale.

Toothsoak

Breton, Assassin
I'm going to wait until I'm a full-fledged vampire lord to fight this guy. Going to get all the perks 'n' everything.

o0-Reaper-0o

I used dragon aspect and beserker rage. Walked up to him with my daedric greatsword and gave him 3 power hits and he was done. He didnt even get a chance to pull out his sword.

MrDSL

He was fun to fight with windshear..almost had him down to half health before he could get his sword out..

cyberius

Dunmer politician and battlemage.
It seems to be ole gaenor. Mf pice of sht. Hes in morrowind 2

MeGhosta

Before going to this forum I found him looking for me at Riften ( there was a thief running around so I knew what he was carrying and that he could shout), did whatever he said and go to him. I attempted to doing a sneak attack on him but no use (I'm an assassin), didn't even shave off 1% of his health bar, then he went offensive and went toe to toe with him, I wasn't carrying alot of items with me (I usually only bring a knife and magicka potions and no health potions) with me cause I thought he was easy to beat, I ended up losing in about 10 hits ( I play on master cause it's faster to gain exp on a harder diffuclty)

Sean

lost somewhere
I was gonna post this in the dragonborn section but figured i'd post it here since it is really just a general question.. The Ebony Warrior- This guy is... insane to beat, taking him one on one is IMPOSSIBLE, distance fighting him? lol just try it.. the ONLY way i finally got him was by hiding like a puss and repeatedly summoning dremoras and storm atronachs, shouts don't work, arrows are pointless, destruction spells = useless, toe to toe is suicide, how the hell did they ever expect you to beat this asshole??? if it weren't for infinite magicka i'd still be getting shouted off cliffs! has anyone else managed to take him down? and what are some of the best strategies to use when fighting him?
:eek:

I hit him once and he dropped dead.

Don't have any glitched gear, didn't use anything modded, play the game on Master, and made the game more difficult.

I actually thought that the Ebony Warrior was bugged back in the Dragonborn Beta, even reported him as one (because of the whole no dialogue thing when you go up to him).
Thought I did something wrong when I just swung my blade and it triggered an execution.

----------------

Who is this guy? I've never heard of him before.

You have to be at least level 80 to trigger him, and then you will meet him at the next city you travel to.
He will just walk up to you, and tell you that he wants a real challenge so he can die, and he will tell you to meet him at a new location (Last Vigil I think it's called).

You then go up there, and he just cycles through idle animations, and you have to initiate the fight with him.
No dialogue at all when he is in that location, you kill him, quest complete.

It seemed really lacking, in my opinion.

ShangTsung

I hit him once and he dropped dead.

Don't have any glitched gear, didn't use anything modded, play the game on Master, and made the game more difficult.

I actually thought that the Ebony Warrior was bugged back in the Dragonborn Beta, even reported him as one (because of the whole no dialogue thing when you go up to him).
Thought I did something wrong when I just swung my blade and it triggered an execution.

----------------

You have to be at least level 80 to trigger him, and then you will meet him at the next city you travel to.
He will just walk up to you, and tell you that he wants a real challenge so he can die, and he will tell you to meet him at a new location (Last Vigil I think it's called).

You then go up there, and he just cycles through idle animations, and you have to initiate the fight with him.

yea this is a really old thread m8.. i rape the ebony warrior whenever i face him now.. lmfao!

RyuLevone

Ah. I had no idea he existed. Never heard anything about him before.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts