• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Dar'Aava

Dar'Aava watches Dunhe walk out of the cave. "hmmmm..." He starts heading out him self. as he reachs the exit he puts his hand on the cold rock looking back to J'Ghasta. "Ahnurr, and Fadomai smile on you in your travels brother." With that Dar'Aava leaves the cave.

Dunhe walked all the way out through the thick, frozen trees and through the cold mountain pass that led the his nearest 'home'. As he approached, he could hear the sound of wood being chopped. Someone else was there, but when he cast his life detect, he saw nothing larger than the small creatures living deep underground. He came out from the treeline and then saw another cloaked figure.
    "Hello there, Dark One," the being said in a feminine voice as she turned towards him. "I hope the road was favorable."
    The figure pulled back her hood to reveal a wooden face much like Dunhe's, but with straw hair and a more female shape.
    "After all, I'd hate it if your reason for visiting was not to see me."

Dar'Aava

Dar'Aava Makes his way to Winterhold hiring a carriage to take him to Riften. The journey was long and exhausting but the only thing Dar'Aava could think about was his hatred for the Dovhal burning inside him like a wild fire running rampant threw a field of wheat. The Carriage stops in front of the Gate.

"This is your stop cat."

Dar'Aava stands handing the driver a small sack of coin just before jumping out. As the Carriage pulls away Dar'Aava freeze's starring at the guards at the gate as they point to him and talk among them selves. As Dar'Aava finaly makes his way to the gate he is immediately stooped by the guard on the right.

"Where do you think your going Khajit?"

He shoves Dar'Aava back.

"We have strict orders to not let you in. By Maven Black-Briar her self."

Dar'Aava takes a few steps back toward the guard.

"Now,now.What could Dar'Aava have possibly done to upset her this time?"

Dar'Aava asks with a smirk on his face.

"you know perfectly well cat! You killed a very important supplier of hers!"

The guard shouts stepping toe to toe with Dar'Aava.

"Now i said get lost, before i decide to make my wife a new fur coat!"

The guard reaches down for his sword.

"Ah yes your wife, how is she by the way? I don't suppose you told her yet have you?"

The guard lets go of his sword.

"I...I don't know what your talking about!"

Dar'Aava chuckles at the panicked guard.

"But of course you do. After all how could you forget about your lustful love affair with that lovely inn keeper. what was her name, Keerava yes? Argonians aren't Dar'Aava's type, but to each his own eh?"

The guard chokes up, speechless as his biggest secret comes to light.

"How could you possibly know about that!?"

The other guard stares at him in disgust.

"ugh! Keerava!? what in oblivion is wrong with you, shes a disgusting, over grown lizard!"

Before the guard could continue further Dar'Aava interrupts.

"Don't think Dar'Aava has forgotten about you. Presuming your still alive I'd say Maven has not discovered that you have been stealing her mead on the nights you guard her warehouse. How do you think she would react to such news?"

Dar'Aava steps closer to both of the guards, confident that he has there undivided attention.

"You both forget who Dar'Aava is.He has dirt on you,That stable boy,even Maven black-briar her self. He hears, and sees everything in this city.So what is it going to be are you going to let Dar'Aava in willingly, or should he prepare the gallows?"

The guards hesitate for moment shocked at how quickly they lost control of the situation.

"Well?"

Dar'Aava says as he crosses his arms. Both the guards step aside allowing him passage into Riften.

"Thought so."

Dar'Aava uncrosses his arms and proceeds into Riften making his way directly to the Ratway so he doesn't run into any more trouble. Tho all the while he cant help but shake the unmistakable feeling that he is being followed. As he gets mid way through the Ratway suddenly he hears soft footsteps rushing toward him. He quickly rolls forward avoiding a knife in the back. He stops him self kneeling toward the mysterious a salient drawing his bow and losing an arrow toward her but she keeps rushing at him dashing to the side avoiding the shot. Dar'Aava stands just as the Khajit draws her second dagger and began slashing at him with fluid, lighting fast jabs, and slashes,Dar'Aava Barely manages to block them with his bow. Just as Dar'Aava gets an opening he takes a swing at her with his bow but to no avail she quickly jumps over the attack landing her right foot on his shoulder bringing the left up kicking him in the face into a back flip off of him. Dar'Aava recovers just fast enough to grab his quiver and throw it under her before she lands. The arrows spilling out so as she lands on top of them they begin to roll under her causing her to lose balance just long enough for Dar'Aava to dash at her knocking the knife from her right hand then throws her against the wall penning her left hand to it and pressing his arm to her throat. she begins to choke and gasp for air as she tries to get free. Dar'Aava takes the hand off of her throat ripping her mask off to reveal a snow white Khajit. Her blue eyes gazing back into his.

"What now? Are you going to kill poor little Keisha?"

She asks as she takes in deep breaths and stops resisting as if to submit to him. They Gaze at each other for a few more moment in silence before Keisha drops the knife in her other hand, slipping it free and leaps forward throwing her arms around Dar'Aava and they begin to kiss, Passionately and wild. As they stop kissing Keisha looks back into his eyes with a soft smile.

"Welcome back my love."

She says softly and tenderly. Dar'Aava returns the smile of his mate.

"Its been to long my sweet Keisha."

They release each other and begin to pick there weapons back up.

"Why are you back so early.What happened with Da'Rash?"

The warm smile Dar'Aava wore quickly turned cold as he hears Keisha mention his old friend. He slowly picks his self back up and looks back to her. She looks back at him immediately knowing what happened and how much he was hurting on the inside.

"Oh gods...What happened?"

She Aprotches him placing her arms on his shoulders to try and comfort him.

"Da'Rash was...Killed, by something called Dovhal. That is why Dar'Aava has come, he needs horses for him and two others that seek to kill it as well."

"Are you OK Dar'Aava?"

She asks with concern filling her voice. Dar'Aava looks briefly into her eyes before closing them and quickly turning his head away. but before he could get far she reachs up placeing her hand on his cheek and pulling it back towords her. As he looks into the soft gentle eyes of his mate he cant help but show how he truely feels on the inside. He wraps arms around her and burrys his face into her neck, leting out soft sobs.

"Shhhh... Its OK my love. Shhhh."

she says softly as she runs her fingers threw his fur leting him let the pain and sorrow finaly come to the surface.

"You are in no condition to hunt this devil down. You've been Traveling for days without rest,your coming back to Keisha's place for food and rest. Keisha will gather your horses."

Dar'Aava looks up to her.

"Bu..."

Keisha quickly interrupts.

"No buts. Don't make Keisha drag you kicking and screaming"

Dar'Aava knows what she says to be true. He was to tired to even argue the matter so he simply nods and begins walking with Keisha to her house.

"So," Sere said as she threw wood on a fire, "another ancient horror has awakened in order to destroy the world? My, how Mundus continues to exist when so many seek its end is beyond me."

"Yes, it is strange. The fact that the dragons fear it means that this thing is more than just a monster."

"Dovahal was it? It means Destroyer of Dragons."

"I know. I was the one who taught you the languages of the world."

"But I was the one who mentioned it. Of course, you are taking the word of a dragon."

"Dragons aren't ones for lying. They're ones for destroying."

"Perhaps he lied so there could be destruction?"

"No. I've learned a lot these past millenia, and one is to know when someone is telling the truth. This beast was truly afraid, afraid like nothing I've ever seen from a dragon."

"I'm still finding it hard to believe that a dragon was actually afraid of anything. This Dovahal must truly be a horror from the depths of Oblivion. Ah, seems he's returned."

Another figure came from the shadows and pulled back his hood to show a pine wood face trimmed with silvery metal.

"I've someone preparing a boat for you at the location you named," Mernen said as he sat in the circle with the other two dolls. "What is the point of this fire again?"

"Gives me something to do," Sere said as she poked at the embers with a stick.

"Explains why your newest arms are totally gilded in iron. So Dun, you're planning to save the world from a secret terror yet again?"

"Heh, you make it sound like a normal occurrence."

"Relatively speaking, it is. It was only a few decades ago that you rid that village of both a nasty plague and a vampire attack at the same time."

"Well, it helps to have a pyromaniac on your side."

"No need to thank me. I only set it on fire. You're the one who bravely led them inside and locked it down."

"Yes. I guess it was brave, considering."

Dunhe rubbed his arm at the memory of that night thirty years ago and shook every so slightly, but it did not escape the attention of Mernen.

"Oi, you're not still shook up about that, are you?"

"I wish I wasn't, but there's no way to forget it. Faces fade, voices fade, even pain fades, but fear, true fear, it will never fade."

"You just have to remember that fire will never truly harm you in the end. Even if everything else is reduced to ashes, your soul will remain and one of your brethren will eventually bring you back. That or you'll become a part of someone's garb or blade."

"Thanks for the reinforcement," Dunhe said sarcastically.

"Don't pay it any mind. Any one of us who's made it this far will make it much longer less our enemies happen upon a stroke of luck."

"Be that as it may, I'll be facing my fears yet again. This time it will be the very embodiment of it." Dunhe sighed and picked up a soul gem. It was filled with the soul of a bear he had run into, and now he was about to empty it. He pressed it to his chest and felt the energy run out of it and into him. The gem dissipated after its use and suddenly Dunhe felt a little less tired.

"Mind passing me a gem?"

"Certainly. I was just going to sell most of these and buy empty ones anyways. They tend to build up over time on the road. Here."

He gave one to each of his fellows and began whistling a small tune he had heard about two hundred years ago, just before the Oblivion Crisis. Sere hummed along with him and soon Mernen was throwing his own deep voice into the old song, though it still seemed fresh as when it came out to the three timeless beings.

J'Ghasta ordered a room at the tavern, tossing the gold on the bar. He awoke early the next morning, hoping to beat any guards at the college. He had no such luck.
    "Halt!" intonned a high elf "only those of the college or those seeking entrance may enter." Because of his size she judged J'Ghasta to be unintelligent.
    He put a large paw on her head allowing his claws to lightly dig into her head, "You didn't see anything," he commanded, she nodded he assent out of fear.
    He entered the college, none were awake. "Hmmmm if I were the Arch mage where would I be?" He entered into the main hall, chose one of the two doors at random. It was the college library.
    "What are you doing here?" an old orc called out from the other side of the library. "Get out before I have to hurt you."
    J'Ghasta nodded and turned to leave, but at the last second he grabbed the nearest book and threw it at the orc. It would have hit him, but the orc saw him turn and hit the book with a flame spell. J'Ghasta took advantage of his distraction to run at the orc, grabbing his armsand twisted his hand so that he couldn't fire another spell.
    "INTRUDER!" the orc shouted, waking the college.
    "You'll regret that orc, I don't want to hurt you, don't make me."
    By that point the Arch mage had entered from his quarters along with an older mage. "Don't come closer if you want to keep your librarian." J'Ghasta threatened "All I want is food, a lot of it, and give me one of those enchanted rings that keep out the cold, two to be exact."
    "Please do what he wants" the orc moaned, "his claws hurt."
    "Fine" the Arch Mage said "Tolfdir, go get J'Zargo he always has food. He Khajit have your rings," tossing them to J'Ghasta from his room.
    "J'Ghasta?" a familiar voice said from behind him.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Dar'Aava

Dar'Aava rouses him self in Keisha's bed the following morning. He sits up slowly looking the room for Keisha.

"Keisha?"

There is no response. He gets off of the bed looking down to see his armor next to him.He grabs it and starts putting it all back on.He begins walking through the small room looking for Keisha.

"Keisha are you here?"

as Dar'Aava makes his way to the kitchen he notices a note set on the table. He picks it up and begins reading it.

"To Dar'Aava

My love.I have gone to the thieves guild on your behalf to get you the horses you need for the hunt.Try to make yourself scarce,Maven found out about your little run in with those guards yesterday and the guards are searching for you.I will be back soon.

Love Keisha"
    Dar'Aava lays the leter back down with a smile on his face.Suddenly he hears a loud bang from out side, followed by shouting.

"where is he cat!"

A guard shouts.

"I dont know! Please I beg you youve got the wrong Khajit!"

Dar'Aava turns to the window running back to it looking down at a group of eight guards surrounding a female Khajit.

"That is not Keisha."

Dar'Aava whispers to him self. The captain steps closer garbing her by the throat.

"Dont think me a fool! You Khajit are infamous for taking in and protecting wanted Khajit's. Now tell me if you dont want to get hurt."

The captain tosses her to the ground, and as she tries getting up he runs up kicking her in the stomach.The young Khajit woman lays there coughing and gasping for air.Tears begin to fill her eyes she gets to her knees begging the guards.

"Please I have two cubs! Ill do anything just let me go!"

She sobs. The guard scuffs.

"Pathetic creature."

He draws his sword. The Khajit curl's into a ball and begins screaming. Just as the guard lifts his sword up preparing to cut her down Dar'Aava leaps from the window. As he hits the ground he rolls forward to soften the fall. The guards look over at him as he starts standing.

"Well, Well. Looks who it is boys! You must have a lot of guts coming down here... And without your bow to boot, how stupid could a cat be!?"

The guards all laugh.

"Let the girl go, and maybe Dar'Aava will let you go in return."

He says as he takes a few steps foreword. The captain smirks as he reaches down picking her up by her hair.

"You want this do ya? Here take it!"

He pushes her to Dar'Aava. Dar'Aava catches her before she falls. She looks up at him,and he back down at her.

"Th...Thank you."

She stutters. He nods.

"You should go....Your cubs need there mother."

He lets her go and she quickly makes a run for it. Dar'Aava stares back at her while she runs away.

"Aw how sweet. You should know better, to have a heart in your line of work is suicide."

Dar'Aava turns back to the captain.

"Are we going to talk all day? Dar'Aava has places to be so if its all the same to you he would like to get this over quickly."

The Captian growls griping his sword tighter.

"What was that!"

Dar'Aava doesn't respond and just keeps starring into his eyes. The captain loses his temper roaring as he charges at Dar'Aava. Dar'Aava doesn't move an inch continuing to stare him down. He swings his sword at Dar'Aava's neck trying to decapitate him in one blow. But just as the sword gets inches from his neck Dar'Aava drops under the attack garbing the captains arm with his left arm penning it down on his shoulder so he cant make another attack. Then grabs the captains vulnerable throat digging his claws deep in. As the captain tries getting free he only burrys them deeper. And soon has no energy to strugle any more. Dar'Aava in one powerful jerk rips his throat. Out blood shooting every where. He pushes him over on the ground. The guards stare shocked for a moment. Dar'Aava looks them all over.

"You will all die this day."

Dar'Aava says surprisingly calm considering the situation. The guards begin to rush him drawing there weapons. Dar'Aava looks at them as they rush trying to come up with a plan.

"This is bad....Bah what have i gotten myself into?"

Just then the first guard reachs him thrusting his sword at Dar'Aava's gut. Dar'Aava steps to the side, garbing the guards hand and warping his arm around his neck stepping foreword and pivoting to the side he throws a kick to the guard behind hims face. As the guard falls back Dar'Aava snaps the neck of guard he currently has in his clutches. But before he could do anything else another one is already upon him swinging his mace at Dar'Aava's head. The hit connects knocking Dar'Aava flat on his back stunned. As Dar'Aava's vision clears he sees the same guard standing over holding his mace up high ready to smash his face in. Dar'Aava quickly lifts his legs up kicking out both of the guard's knees causing him to fall down on him. As the guard lays there screaming in pain Dar'Aava takes the opportunity to sink his long fangs deep into his neck. Dar'Aava pushes him off and lays there for a few moments still dazed by the hit. Suddenly he is snapped back to reality as another guard comes up behind him picking him up and starts to choke him from behind. Dar'Aava grabs onto his arms trying to get free, the guard laughing as he strangles the life from him. Another guard steps in front of Dar'Aava his sword drawn.

"Time to die Khajit!"

He thrusts the blade at Dar'Aava but in the nick of time he jumps laying his legs on the armed guards shoulder holding him self out flat. The sword sticks in the gut of the guard strangling Dar'Aava who imediatly lets go. Dar'Aava twists his body taking the other one to the ground. Dar'Aava gets on top of him pulling off his helmet he starts to beat in the guards skull with it as he lets out a roar of blood lust as the guard stops fighting and blood spatters all over the helmet and ground. He finally stops taking deep breaths and clearly exhausted all ready. He looks at the remaining three guards, blood poring down his head from the mace wound. They look at each other.

"How is he still alive!? i thought he was an archer?"

"This must be why other Khajit call him nine lives... He refuses deaths embrace."

"None sense! look at him hes on his last legs. His life is mine!"

The guard runs to Dar'Aava ready to cleave him in half with his battle ax. Dar'Aava pulls the dagger from the belt of the corpse of the guard he was on. As the ax is swung down at him Dar'Aava lifts his hand up garbing it at the bottom where there was less momentum and tilting his head to the side so it barely grazed his shoulder. He puts his arm under the guards legs dragging the dagger under his kilt slashing his genitals then stabbing him in the stomach multiple times before he finally fell over dead. Dar'Aava makes his way to his feet starring down the remaining two guards. He staggers a few steps foreword before falling to his knees Dropping the dagger. The guards stare, and laugh.

"Looks like hes finally had it. lets finish this off quickly before he recov..."

Before he can finish the sentence Keisha rushes behind him garbing his head and thrusting her dagger in to his heart then pushes him face down. As the last guard looks over at her before he can react she slices his throat and runs to Dar'Aavas side.

"Dar'Aava!"

She Cries as she kneels down in front of him holding his cheeks so she can examine the wound.

"What a horrible injury... Can you hear Keisha's voice!?

Dar'Aava just stares un-responsive as if he didn't know what was going on.

"You must have a concussion."

She tears off one of her sleeves warping up his head. Just as she finishes she sees a group of guards rushing for them. Keisha snarls and hisses at them then looks back to Dar'Aava.

"Keisha knows it is hard. But you must come with her my love, she will lead us to safety."

Keisha helps Dar'Aava to his feet and tries to pull him away.

"Dar'Aava we must go now!"

Still not responding Keisha growls drawning her dager's she stands behind him to fight off the guards.

"Keisha is the bridge you must go threw to get Dar'Aava. And the toll for passage is your lives!"

Just then Dar'Aava finally shakes it off and returns to his senses. He looks back Garbing Keisha's arm and starts running draging her behind him.

"Glad to see your with us once again my love."

Dar'Aava chuckles.

"It will take more than a weak hit like that to keep this Khajit from your beauty."

They continue to run jumping diving, and, dodging, opsticals. Suddenly they see a way out. Dar"Aava points to building small enough to be climbable yet high enough to be able to access Rifften's wall. Dar'Aava runs ahead of Keisha crouching down a few feet from the building. Keisha doesn't stop running and uses Dar'Aava as a stepping stone jumping as soon as she steps on him. He pushes up as hard as he could boosting her all the way to the roof then starts running him self running up as much of the building he could before throwing his hand up to Keisha who helped pull him up.

"Archers!"

They hear one of the guards shout. They look to the left as they see an archer readying his bow. Dar'Aava starts to to make a run toward the wall leaping across. But as Keisha tries right before she leaps the archers arrow hits her right leg causeing her to stumble and not make the leap.

"Keisha!!"

Dar'Aava yells as he quickly jumps down to the ledge reaching down and garbing her hand. He pulls as hard as he could barely getting her over before the archer loosed another arrow. They booth fall to the opposite side of the wall. Keisha rolls around on the ground from the pain of the arrow. Dar'Aava gets to his feet picking her up and running them both to safty. Keisha shouts even louder from the pain of being carried with the arrow in.

"My apologies Keisha. But we must go!"

Keisha buries her face into Dar'Aava's chest biting him to try and numb the pain. About an hour later Keisha, and Dar'Aava finally get away. Dar'Aava Makes up a fire and sits Keisha by it before examining the wound.

"The arrow made a clean pass threw, and it dose appear to of hit you any where vital.... This is good."

"Dose not make it hurt any less tho."

Dar'Aava chuckles.

"Oh come now Keisha. Its not nearly as bad as that time you were smacked by that giant by Rorikstead... Remember that?"

"Hey atleast i still killed it after..... That savage left poor Keisha bed riddien for three weeks.

Dar'Aava looks up at her with a smile as he snaps the arrow in half, Keisha lets out a loud yelp of pain.

"Easy there. You could warn a gentle, delicate, girl you know."

"You delicate?"

Dar'Aava says sarcastically as he snickers. Keisha leans back up aginst a rock.

"Oh dont you try and sweet talk Keisha."

Dar'Aava rips off the pant leg of her wounded leg and sets it aside. She looks down at him knowing what comes next. she lets out a deep sigh and leans down bringing her face inches from Dar'Aava's.

"Be gentle with Keisha."

she says as she grabs other half of the arrow sticking it in her mouth and biting down. she leans back against the rock. Dar'Aava pulls out the other end and wraps up the wound. he sits up with her against the rock.

"Did you talk with the guild?"

Keisha looks over at him.

"Yes. They will meet us not to far from here with them tomorrow."

"Hmmm.... Tomorrow. that will leave me two days left to return to the others."

Keisha scoots closer to Dar'Aava and snuggles up to him.

"Its OK my love we will make it."

"We?"

"Of course. Keisha was just run out of Rifften and is wounded. She thinks you owe her a few nights in a Winterhold inn.

Dar'Aava chuckles and looks over at Keisha.

"Dar'Aava supposes you are right."

They lie together falling asleep in each others arms under the moon light, and fire.

"Well, isn't this just lovely," Dunhe said as he stepped between the many bodies of bandits.

"There wasn't much to say between my boys and these brigands," Mernen explained. "They wanted them to leave, and for some reason, paying them off didn't work. Their leader seemed to like the idea of a fight."

"Fight, fight, fight. Nords and their fighting. Elves and their fighting. Dragons and their fighting."

"Might as well say fleshed ones and their fighting my friend. Of course, our dwemer-made cousins aren't much better."

"The dwemer automatons are not capable of thought, and their last command was to defend their homes. Unlike us, they cannot simply escape their ongoing fate and lead true lives."

"Aye, but what a glorious sight it would be. Anyways, this is the perfect spot to leave off for that iceberg," Mernen said as he pointed out the giant chunk of ice. "It's large, so large that it's frozen all the way to the bottom and froze onto the rock and sand. There may actually be some ground in there, but it's ancient. You may need to do some digging to get started."

"And you've prepared in case of an emergency?"

"Of course. We'll all be waiting here for you. Except for one though."

"Let me guess; Sere's going to come no matter what I do or say?"

"She made it pretty clear that even if you say no and keep her off of the boat, she will swim after you."

"Swell. Tell her she can come along, but if you go into a cave of any sorts then she's to remain outside."

"I don't know. She may not listen at that point either. You know she's as hard-headed as it gets when it comes to adventure. Just like her other creator."

"Please, don't."

"Sorry. Living with just a bunch of soldiers who just want enchanted weapons and easy-lit fires doesn't make for sensitivity."

"It's all right. Just don't bring that up much more. There are memories that don't fade that I only wish would."

"I can understand."

Dunhe started checking over the boat to make sure it was seaworthy. Mernen looked out over to the iceberg again and watched as the morning light lit it up in a dazzling display.

"Dunhe, I have to ask one thing from you for this venture."

"What is it, my friend?"

"Be careful. Not for those khajiit either, but for yourself. You're one of the last Originals in existence. If you get destroyed, then so does so many secrets of our kind. I know you hate to hear it, but these otehr two are not important. You are."

Dunhe paused for a moment, then looked down into the water at his reflection.

"I've lived eons beyond anything else in this land. Life is precious. I can't expect you to understand it, but those two, though I don't even know them, are more important than me. I will tell them what needs to be done should I meet the unfortunate. I may expire," he felt a hand over his chest, "but my soul will live on."

"I don't want to take your soul apart for the sake of knowledge. I want you to have time to pass it on."

"It will be up to you all, in the end."

Sere came up to the two of them and both men knew to drop the subject immediately. Dunhe could tell by the look she had what she was going to ask.

"Yes, You can come with us."

Sere stopped in her tracks. "Seriously?"

"We may need someone to thaw out the entrance, and who better for that than a pyromaniac fire-mage?"

Sere suddenly hugged his neck hard and clung on for a moment.

"Thank you! Thank you father!"

Dunhe laughed a little.

"I just see know point in saying no and going through a fuss when I know you'll do it anyways. Give it a few centuries, and I swear you will tire of all this 'adventuring'. I know I have."

"Then why do you still do it?" she asked as she let go.

"More or less, it's necessity. This is what I have to do. I can't simply allow something to destroy this world, not when I know there's a way to stop it."

One of Mernen's soldiers came up and saluted.

"Sir, I think we may have a problem headed our way."

Mernen and Dunhe went up to the top of hill to get a look at what the man was talking about. Dunhe felt a sudden annoyance and Mernen sighed with grief.

"Gods damn it!" they both said.

J'Ghasta left Winterhold shouldering everything he had gotten from the mages: several weeks worth of food, rings enchanted to keep them warm, and an ebony staff (the wood not the metal). This staff he had gotten from J'Zargo.
    Several years ago J'Ghasta had met the mage in Leawiin, both had sought to leave Elswyr. J'Zargo wanted to enter the Synod seeking magical training. So the two left for the Imperial city. However at their camp near Bravil they were attacked by a group of necromancers, thinking the two khajit would make prime targets for their grotesque experiments. J'Ghasta had heard them approaching and feigned sleep until their leader, a dunmer came close. At which time he launched out grabbing the man and ripped his throat out, and then proceded to use his staff to beat but not kill his cohorts, to instill fear.
    In next few weeks J'Ghasta became attached to the staff, it was hard but very light, it felt like an extension of his body. J'Zargo asked to see if it was enchanted, but J'Ghasta said "What do I care if it's enchanted? It hurts people no need for magic to be involved.
    They split in the imperial city, J'Zargo was seeking admission into the Synod, while J'Ghasta was forced to flee after an incident involving an overzealous thalmor, he left his staff when he fled.
    Seeing his old friend in Winterhold had been a great sight, J'Ghasta invited J'Zargo along for the adventure, but the Khajit declined "Saving the world is not J'Zargo's place, that is not the place for this one to become great." J'Ghasta had merely shrugged, thanked his friend and left, he wasn't fond of most mages, thanks to the thalmor.
    "Well, I have two days left, may as well go to Windhelm, more fun there." He set out for the city, arriving there just after sunset. Two nords were harrassing a dark elf, accusing her of things like being an imperial spy. He walked up, "Leave the woman alone if you value your pathetic nord hides."
    "We don't take orders from your kind cat," one of them said while spitting at J'Zargo.
    "Big mistake," he set his pack down and stood to his full height towering over the nords. "I suggest you two appoligise to the woman, before I seriously hurt you."
    "Fine, I am sorry for giving you what you deserve, dirty greyskin." They said to the woman.
    "Close enough," he grabbed the two by their shirts, lifted them up and using a few knives he found, hung them on a house, "but you also spat on me, that is unforgiveable, ordinarily I would kill you two, but you arn't worth escaping from prison for. Tell the guards however, and I WILL kill you both, slowly."
    With that he entered Candlehearth hall, rented the room, and spent the next few hours getting drunk and harrassing the bard.

J'Ghasta was the first to reach the cave, he sat at the mouth waiting, when he saw horses, "That must be them" he thought, and stood to get a better view but was obsured by the snow.

Dunhe walked through the snow towards the dragon's cave and hopped down from a ledge right at it's mouth.

"With time to spare," he whispered to himself. "Ah, there you are, my good friend. Dar'Aava was the small one, was he not? So you must be... Half-pint? It was the only other name I heard."

Dunhe shook his head as though it didn't matter. "Anyways, I'm glad you could make it. You have the supplies ready, yes?"

Sere hopped down next to him and looked over at the khajiit. "This your friend then?"

Dar'Aava

Dar'Aava stops at the mouth of the cave looking down on his companions.

"Greetings my friends, Sorry it took longer than anticipated Dar'Aava ran into some...Old acquaintances."

He says just before hoping down from the steed and giving it a pet on the nose. He looks over at the unfamiliar face standing aside Dunhe.

"And who is this?"

He query's as he takes a few steps toward Dunhe.

"Ah, Dar'Aava. Good to see you. Well, I only just got here a moment ago. This is Sere."

"Hello."

"Sere is another one of my kind, commonly called enchanted dolls. I suppose I should explain us and our existence pretty soon."

"What's to explain? We're dolls, and we're enchanted."

"There's more to it than that. A whole lot more."

"It's J'Ghasa actually, the short one is half pint, or Dar'Ava as he calls himself. Anyways, did you get those boats, mr. Enchanted Doll? I never caught your name."

Dar'Aava

Dar'Aava looks back and forth between the two dolls fascinated by them.

"Dar'Aava has seen many creatures wandering this world but few as unworldly as these... They are definitly of some kind of deep elf design, yet they retain souls and personality's of there own... Truly fascinating."

He thinks to him self just before giveing a warm smile.

"It is a pleasure to meet you. Dar'Aava wishes he knew you were coming he would of brought more horses.

"Horses? What do we need those for?"

"The khajiit will need them to get to the boats."

"Oh."

Dunhe sighed and turned back to the other two. "It's good to meet you both back here. I am Dunhe. To explain, we are, in part, creations of Dwemer, but also of any good conjurer of the time of the Dwemer. We're made almost like any enchanted weapon, object and filled soul gem. The difference is that instead of enchanting our bodies once, the gem is made into a part of us." He thumped his chest a few times. "Within me is a grand soul gem, just as filled as it was five thousand years ago. When the first Enchanted Doll was created, the mage who made the discover sold the spell around until it became another thing common for conjurers. We were originally used for labor, but as when got older, we learned more. We began speaking, then we began speaking our minds. We started gathering, rejecting our masters, and taking off on our own. We even learned the spell that created us so that we could continue our existence. Eventually, the many mages who had lost small fortunes to their rebellious creations tracked down the man who came up with the spell and lynched him. An unfair penance, but it gave us warning. We hid, using glamor spells, hoods, and masks to hide away. Perhaps one day we'll reintroduce ourselves, but with the nords' fear of magic and all things elven, that's still a good long ways away. Is there anything else you'd like to know, or did that cover it?"

"Makes sense, so where do you have that boat, and how long will ot take for us to reach the island when we get there."

Dunhe nodded. "From the shore, it will take about an hour. Then we'll have to scale up to the top where the entrance will be. From there, Sere will melt an entrance in and we'll go down to find the artifacts. And we need to hurry. I've heard from a few sources that the Dovahal is growing bolder by the moment and has gone from destroying caravans to attacking small villages. If there is no objection, I suggest we head for the shoreline immediately."

"So we're headed straight back?"

"You knew this when you left with me."

"I figured we'd stay longer than this."

"There's no time to loose. We have to get those artifacts and slow this thing down so that whenever Alduin or the Dragonborn, preferably the latter, return they can stop him and save more than just a cinder of land. What say you two? Are you still in?"

"I'm in, lets leave soon, this place still smells like dragon."

"Thanks to you all, it smells like kaaz," the dragon yelled from the depths of the cavern.

"Anyways, let us head off then. I hope you two are truly ready. This is probably going to be further north than either of you have ever been in your lives."

"Speaking of the north I got these rings from the mages guild that are enchanted to keep us warm, here" He tossed one to Dar'Ava, "I figured that way we wouldn't be impaired by heavy furs, what do you think half pint?"

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts