OOC The Darkest of Days/A Rift in Time

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

.ol0w0lo.

♫♂GIBBERISH MAN♂♫
    I think that Cazzer is waiting on my. I'll try to have a post up tonight.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    I will try and have one up by Monday. Busy, busy, busy!

MR-WIKI-96

I know all! I am the WIKI!
    Cool :) i just don't want this RP to die. I like this RP, it's a very good one. :)

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Why thank you, seductively-posed red and orange rodent thing wearing shorts, fingerless gloves and an old pilot's cap.

MR-WIKI-96

Your welcome lord Sheogorath who is wearing a russian fur hat. :p

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Your welcome lord Sheogorath who is wearing a russian fur hat. :p

It is called a Llamahat*, and don't you dare forget it! It was gifted to me by her Holiness, Rekamennos herself, master of fanfiction and RPing alike!

P.S.- I forgot to wrtie the following on that rep I gave you: "Well, I haven't given you rep in a long time, and when I give rep I go all-out. Plus, that was a nice post. Enjoy the reputation, rodent-thing!"

*Hat is most definitely not made of llamas. Rather, it is modeled after the holy beast.

MR-WIKI-96

I did not realise that it was made by Rekamennos, the goddess of RPing and fan fiction! Forgive me lord Sheogorath.

P.S. Thanks for the rep. To quote the "rodent" :p, Daxter. Big things come in small packages. ;)

cazzer14

Guess who's back...
    Wow, Madgod, you made something so simple as blood cells trying to stop an infection epic, somehow. You actually made science not boring ;)

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Well, I had been toying with that idea for a while. I was waiting for IotD to slow down a ton so I could miraculously swoop in and revive it wiht a post about white blood cells and infection. But, I got impatient. So, I wrote it when we were only on the verge of death.

MR-WIKI-96

Thanks Morgan for the Rep. :D I love writing about a post apocalyptic world. I'm so interested in: survivor POVs, the impact on civiliaztion, the emotional scar on the human mind, the desperation of people and the determination of survival.

I could go on and on. :)

I'll post this evening Morgan.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    I have a plan... One that I'm writing up in my current post. Please do not write until reading mine. It involves Kynareth, Dibella and Murzurth's offer to Balfring.

MR-WIKI-96

I have a plan... One that I'm writing up in my current post. Please do not write until reading mine. It involves Kynareth, Dibella and Murzurth's offer to Balfring.

Alright sounds good. I won't reply until you have. :)

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Alright sounds good. I won't reply until you have. :)

I'm nearly done. I've run into a little bit of writers block regarding how to have Serves-His-Lord enter Aetherius. I don't believe any mortal other than Tiber Septim has ever done so, but I need to for the purposes of this post. It shouldn't be too hard to think of something, though. I have, so far, written from the PoV of two Divines and Serves in one post. I think I can find a loophole in the lore to enter Aetherius. I mean, Alduin is technically a god. I could always incorporate that.

MR-WIKI-96

I've been reading the lore about it. You could make a deal with Alduin to bring you there. One that'll affect Sal-Dus in some bad way. Or you could sort of cheat death in some way that'll bring you there. These are just ideas.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    I've been reading the lore about it. You could make a deal with Alduin to bring you there. One that'll affect Sal-Dus in some bad way. Or you could sort of cheat death in some way that'll bring you there. These are just ideas.

I'm talking abotu Serves, not Sal-Dus. Also, Alduin and Serves have been good friends since Serves visited the aftermath of Helgen. Why else do you think he is the Warlord? Okay, I've written the part that affects Balfring, so you can post. Here, I'll copy/paste it;

Then, she felt a tingling sensation. Something was happening to her chosen champion. The screen quickly switched to an image of Balfring climbing the steps to Skuldafn. "No! Damn it, Balfring!", shouted the Divine. She stood up and began to pace, wondering why in the world this man would be heading to the Dovah capital. Then, she felt it. There was a hint of Jyggalag's domain about him. Jyggalag had returned his influence to Mundus. "Interesting...", thought Kynareth aloud. She sat back as a calm expression began to dominate her face. Balfring continued on his way, battling Serves-His-Lord. She watched, calm the whole way, until Balfring blacked out in Ivarstead. An Orcish woman radiating ordered energies slapped him, waking the man. Acolytes stood behind her, watching as it all went down. They had a coversation, and the woman conjured a perfect star. Kynareth's eyes widened. Without a second thought, she whispered in the ancient language. The language of the first Et'Ada. The language of Nirn. The language of life. A wind blew through the town of Ivarstead, extinguishing the star's light and depleting the Orcish woman's magicka. It revitalized Balfring, bringing him back to his feet. She continued to watch while Serves prepared to...

Morganatic

Kinetically-Interlinked Nirnian Multi-User Exoform
    Oh, there certainly are ways of doing it iirc.

The Pocket Guide to the Empire 3rd Edition, in the 'Arena Supermundus' section, suggests it's just a matter of 'escape velocity':

Imperial Theosophy teaches us that our world was born from magicka, the creative force that informs and sustains all life. The sources of magic are the many and diverse heavens beyond the void, collectively known as the Aetherius.

Aetherius, ancestral seat of the Nine Divines and the other original spirits, is the plane of pure magicka. Whereas Oblivion may surround us every night, it is aetherial energy that infuses our daily existence, from highest to lowest, and gives all the races of men, mer, and beast common purpose. Its magic brings the rain to the fields, love to our hearths, and scientific principles to our technological industries. It gives us the very Sun itself. Finally, Aetherius is the home to the Aedra, those cornerstones of the Mundus whose aspects we see in temple, in lordship, and the high walk of heroes.

Visits to Aetherius occur even less frequently than to Oblivion, for the void is a long expanse and only the stars offer portal for aetherial travel, or the judicious use of magic. The expeditions of the Reman Dynasty and the Sun Birds of Alinor are the most famous attempts in our histories, and it is a cosmic irony that both of them were eventually dissolved for the same reason: the untenable expenditures required to reach magic by magicka. Their only legacy is the Royal Imperial Mananauts of the Elder Council and the great Orrery at Firsthold, whose spheres are made up of genuine celestial mineral gathered by travelers during the Merethic Era.

That'd suggest all you need is a sufficiently powerful source of Magicka to burn your way out of Nirn. Imperial Mananauts could do it, and even if more recent attempts have failed, it seems all you need is some sort of immense power source. I'd imagine that burning dragon souls as rocket propellant would certainly do it (you just need enough power to escape Nirn's gravity and fly through one of the star-holes), and would seem in character for Alduin. Alternatively -

Michael Kirkbride said:
    'Belief-engines, properly called the 'Auxiliary Semi-Shockpoint Nilgularity', provide energy for short dream-sleeve jumps in case a Vehkship's main ego is damaged, allowing the C0DA Paravant to potentially get to the safety of a voidyard orbital.

'By creating the equivalent of an Nu-class Mnemolic, shrinking it instantaneously via a creatia tesseract array, and then projecting the resulting moth-talk well to a nil-point just outside the ego's hull, an ASSN can slingshot the Paravant into era-streams without the needed energies of nearby aetheric bodies or shockpoint application.

'The ASSN is strictly Last Ditch technology, however. It's often deemed as too dangerous for its own good, because it works on the rarified principles of Phynaster's Inversion, a set of mathematics that doesn't exist in our own dimension. Vehkships have vanished in nil-space trying to make an ASSN jump - indeed, the celestial irregularity known as the M4bV Legerity, in which the C0DA Oblivion Vanquisher appears and implodes in perpetuity, is the belief system's most famous cautionary tale.'

But, assuming that's not just Kirkbridean rambling, the technology to do that won't be invented until the Fifth Era, and you essentially have to achieve enlightenment to even understand what that means. :eek:

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Oh, there certainly are ways of doing it iirc.

The Pocket Guide to the Empire 3rd Edition, in the 'Arena Supermundus' section, suggests it's just a matter of 'escape velocity':

That'd suggest all you need is a sufficiently powerful source of Magicka to burn your way out of Nirn. Imperial Mananauts could do it, and even if more recent attempts have failed, it seems all you need is some sort of immense power source. I'd imagine that burning dragon souls as rocket propellant would certainly do it (you just need enough power to escape Nirn's gravity and fly through one of the star-holes), and would seem in character for Alduin. Alternatively -

But, assuming that's not just Kirkbridean rambling, the technology to do that won't be invented until the Fifth Era, and you essentially have to achieve enlightenment to even understand what that means. :eek:

Alduin is a god, he ahs achieved enlightenment! This shall be done! Goodbye for now! I must write!

MR-WIKI-96

I'm talking abotu Serves, not Sal-Dus. Also, Alduin and Serves have been good friends since Serves visited the aftermath of Helgen. Why else do you think he is the Warlord? Okay, I've written the part that affects Balfring, so you can post. Here, I'll copy/paste it;

Then, she felt a tingling sensation. Something was happening to her chosen champion. The screen quickly switched to an image of Balfring climbing the steps to Skuldafn. "No! Damn it, Balfring!", shouted the Divine. She stood up and began to pace, wondering why in the world this man would be heading to the Dovah capital. Then, she felt it. There was a hint of Jyggalag's domain about him. Jyggalag had returned his influence to Mundus. "Interesting...", thought Kynareth aloud. She sat back as a calm expression began to dominate her face. Balfring continued on his way, battling Serves-His-Lord. She watched, calm the whole way, until Balfring blacked out in Ivarstead. An Orcish woman radiating ordered energies slapped him, waking the man. Acolytes stood behind her, watching as it all went down. They had a coversation, and the woman conjured a perfect star. Kynareth's eyes widened. Without a second thought, she whispered in the ancient language. The language of the first Et'Ada. The language of Nirn. The language of life. A wind blew through the town of Ivarstead, extinguishing the star's light and depleting the Orcish woman's magicka. It revitalized Balfring, bringing him back to his feet. She continued to watch while Serves prepared to...

Sorry :oops: I was reading the invasion of the damned before. Sal-Dus popped into my head.

But yeah sounds brilliant! I was having a bit of writers block as to figuring out how to heal Balfring without owing Jyggalag a bit of his indepedence. Balfring's a very stubborn Nord, he owes nobody. :p

Morganatic

Kinetically-Interlinked Nirnian Multi-User Exoform
    Sorry :oops: I was reading the invasion of the damned before. Sal-Dus popped into my head.

But yeah sounds brilliant! I was having a bit of writers block as to figuring out how to heal Balfring without owing Jyggalag a bit of his indepedence. Balfring's a very stubborn Nord, he owes nobody. :p

Hehe, glad to see he's spotted the ruse. Not saying anything as to whether or not this was all planned from the beginning.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat

Kynareth really likes Balfring. Why else do you think the voice comes so naturally to him? Also, just so you know, many of the Divines are choosing "champions", just as the Daedra do, in order to return at least some of their influence to Nirn. The only one who has really gone through with it at the moment is Dibella, though, and my next post involves that quite a bit.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts