• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
    Yeah good point. I was just looking at the daggerfell, dark brotherhood page on uesp and liked some of the ideas. Anywho, im off to bed, I start a new job 2moro :)

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    The Dark Brotherhood has always had ranks. Even Astrid had a form of hierarchy and respected the Keeper. They are: Murderer, Slayer, Eliminator, Assassin, Executioner. The executioner can then be handpicked by the sanctuary's chosen Speaker to become their personal assassin, known as a silencer. When the Speaker dies, their Silencer may take their place as a Speaker in the Black Hand. The Black Hand are the ruling body of the Dark Brotherhood and consist of 4 Speakers and the Listener. Four fingers and a thumb, if you will. A Speaker will be in charge of one Sanctuary each and do not abide by the five tenets, nor do Silencers. The Listener makes all the decisions (Advised by the Speakers), hears the Night Mother then relays the contracts to the Speakers. The Speaker will tell a Sanctuary Leader (Also chosen by the Speaker although they can choose to personally oversee the Sanctuary) about the contracts and they will distribute the contracts between the Dark Brothers and Sisters. The Listener is always handpicked by the Unholy Matron, the Night Mother. On a side note, the Night Mother is normally kept in an airtight crypt. Though should she be taken outside, a Keeper is elected to preserve her body (It tethers her to the mortal plane, if it is destroyed then none could hear her) they must forego all contracts. None can harm the Keeper (Think, if you watch Game of Thrones, like Grandmaester Pycelle), though they may harm other sanctuary members should they attempt to claim the position of Listener and do not know the binding words. In her crypt the Night Mother can appear as a ghostly apparition where all can see and hear her, if outside then she must tell the Listener to inform the Keeper, "Darkness rises when silence dies".
    I hope this helps! Though if you meant that you thought there shouldn't be ranks then... Yeah. Love the DB

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    I'm thinking the new age should cause the Dark Brotherhood to restructure themselves; I like Irishman's suggestions.

EpicVakarian

I think Murderer, Eliminator and Executioner sound like crazed psycho robots rather than ranks :p I think a Listener still; what's the DB without the Night Mother?

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    Whatever Astrid claimed to be running. I still think the governmental system of the Black Hand would make sense, it is their emblem after all. But I'm not the one in the DB so I suppose it's you and Inucubus' choice.

Lifts-Her-Tail

Ok here is my CC

BASIC
    Name: Lunar
    Race: Bosmer
    Birth Place: Valenwood
    Origin: Bosmer mum and father
    Class: Archer/Assassin
    Height: 5'5
    Weight: 86 lbs
    Sexuality: Bisexual
    Health: Very healthy
    Affiliations: Dark Brotherhood
    Afflictions: Skooma addiction
    Religion: None
    APPEARANCE
    Hair: Long, blonde, wavy hair, about waist height.
    Eye Color: Blue, saphire, like eyes.
    Build: Skinny, and flexible.
    Skin: A light tan colour.
    PERSONALITY
    Positive Traits: Brave and courageous, sometimes caring to those she likes and sometimes even generous.
    Negative Traits: Usually bad mannered, can be quite moody and has a very short temper.
    Dislikes: Annoying or stupid people, posh or arrogant people, animals, Khajiits, Argonians, happy and cheerful people.
    Fears: Death to herself.
    Aspirations: To be became a famous assassin.
    COMBAT SKILLS
    Major: Throwing weapons, one handed, acrobatics and stealth.
    Minor: Lockpicking, cooking and alchelmy
    GEAR
    Armor: Dark Brotherhood Robes and armor.
    Weapons: Throwing knives and stars, two daggers, one steel the other ebony.
    HISTORY
    (Will be shown in roleplay)

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    Lifts, you don't have to give all of her positive and negative traits, just enough for me to get a feel for Lunar and how she will act in the RP.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    My message isn't coming out right.:mad:

It deleted more then half of what I said.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    Basically, give us some more info on your character. You don't have to give it all, just some.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    I'm going to work hard to get the IC up either later today or afternoon tomorrow. I have school all week and don't get home until 4:00 P.M.

EpicVakarian

I think the DB should have the Night Mother but not a Listener; kind of like that short time where Cicero didn't have anyone to envy so he wasn't going batplops crazy and attacking people :p How about that, Irishman?

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    I have all the cities described but I'm not that confident in them. I'll iron and/or modify their details tomorrow. Sorry for this guys, but school has is like a ninja.... It keeps sneaking up on me. Cue the silence and crickets!

Anyway... the point is, I'm buried under schoolwork, and hopefully you understand that my grades must come first (well... in most cases anyway).

I'll try and get the IC up by this weekend, and the weekend is just the latest. Along with this RP, I have to: make a post in the Golden Age, Revelations of Violence, write an essay for school, do four pages of biology homework (that's sure to increase by tomorrow), study for an algebra test, read three more chapters in To Kill a Mockingbird, write a chapter in my fan fiction (check it out... right now... what are you waiting for?! Here's a link), and I have to memorize a monologue and get into character for the same monologue.

Isn't school a lovely thing? I figure that as long as I keep telling myself I have to do these things I'll get them done eventually. Epic, The Golden Age is one of my top priorities, I'll get a post in there for you as soon as I can.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
    I think the DB should have the Night Mother but not a Listener; kind of like that short time where Cicero didn't have anyone to envy so he wasn't going batpl*** crazy and attacking people :p How about that, Irishman?

That sounds excellent. the world may be going to pl***, but we saved our mummy <3 !!

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
    Ive added some positives and negatives :)
    May I ask you to reveal a brief glimpse of her past to us? I can't necessarily let you join if you don't. Again, you don't have to reveal a lot, just enough to give us (or just me if you prefer) a slight idea of her background.

The Phantom

Consulting Criminal
    What do you think should be Scourge's role in the Fighters Guild? That is to say, rank, reputation, simple mercenary or have a larger part?

Bambi

From reading his CC, I think he would have quite a high rank & be more than a simply mercenary.