Open The Brightsiders- Recruiting

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Phoenix Knight

Unofficial awesome dude
    Welcome to The Brightsiders Rp thread. We are NOT currently recruiting new members.
    ~~ Plot ~~
    Some people will try and tell you that things got better after the Civil War, and that the life under the Empire's rule has never been better. Those people are either pawns of the Empire or ridiculously misguided idiots. Things have never been worse in Skyrim.
    Ever since the Stormcloaks lost the war the Empire has been much less... tolerant to say the least. They have been fearful of another civil war, if one group could cause so much trouble why not another? That's how it all started.
    The guards are more oppressive and corrupt than before, abusing their power as they see fit. The borders have been locked down. Anyone entering Skyrim will be imprisoned, anyone attempting to exit will be treated to a public beating and execution.
    They started with doubling the guards in every town, even placing outposts on all the important roads. They stomped out the Thieve's Guild and the Dark Brotherhood, raiding their headquarters and killing the Night Mother and Brynjolf. they imprisoned the others, some of the higher ups in the factions were executed. Most are tortured regularly for information they don't have.
    They imposed new laws. No one may operate an establishment; inns, taverns, even stalls at the market; without the proper license. If you are caught without proper licenses you will be jailed for an uncertain amount of time, fined 5000 Septims, and your establishment will be burned to the ground. Magic is forbidden, all spell books will be burned and their owners will be beaten in public. Consequently the College of Winterhold was the next to fall.
    Vampirism and lycanthropy are also illegal, so fell the Companions and the Volkihar clan. the Dawnguard, the Silver Hand, and the Vigilants of Stendarr are working with the Empire to dispose of them. items of Daedric descent are to be destroyed and anyone owning them will be "dealt with accordingly".
    Basically you're fine as long as you pay your now increased taxes, don't irritate the guards, don't draw attention to yourself, don't "disrupt the peace", or do anything else that seems different.
    But very few know the truth. That the new emperor Triton Magnus is under the influence of the Daedric prince Mehrunes Dagon, the daedric prince or destruction and change. Mehrunes Dagon has taken hold of the high king's mind, making him do his bidding and turn all of Skyrim into a boiling pot of destruction and utter chaos.
    But there is hope. A new faction has risen from the ashes of it's fallen brethren.The Brightsiders stand for justice and the end of this reign of evil. Their headquarters are located in Bleakfalls Barrow. they have several meeting places and side bases scattered throughout Skyrim. One in Delphine's secret room in the Sleeping Giant Inn, one in the cave on the island in Mara's Eye Pond and one in the secret cavern in Ustengrav.The Brightsiders were founded by my character Barik Daybreak. Their goal is to stop Triton Magnus and bring peace and stability to
    Skyrim.

~~ Things you should know ~~
    This RP will be about the participants' characters joining and helping The Brightsiders. Your characters don't need to live at the headquarters or carry out missions but the do have to help the faction's cause and continue to do this. Your character can be any race or class but I recommend making them lean towards good natured and benevolent people.
    Alduin was sealed forever, there are still dragons but they are incredibly rare. There is also no dragonborn in this era. Tiber Septim was a dragonborn but there isn't one at this time. Also, your characters can roam all over Skyrim but keep in mind that you are all wanted people and the entire Empire is looking for you.
    ~~ Rules ~~
    1. Please use proper grammar and punctuation.
    2. Be realistic. No normal person in Skyrim can fight two dragons and six giants and walk out unscathed. That means no Vampire Werewolf hybrids either (normal vampires and lycans are fine)
    3. I will accept a maximum of 7 people, I might change this if I so desire.
    4. I understand that some of you won't be able to put up an addition regularly. It is okay to suspend your character for a while, just tell me first.:)

5. Please have a good CC, it will only improve your chances of being accepted.
    6. You can use other people's characters in your additions, if you do please be considerate and take their character's information into account
    7. You can reuse characters from another RP, just tweak them to fit this story.
    (if there are additional questions or concerns, feel free to ask)
    And now for my CC
    Name: Barik Daybreak
    Race: Nord with some Breton ancestry

Class: Barik denies having a single class though he has been called a ranger, a battlemage, and a knight. This is because while his favorite weapon is a silver sword that has a fire enchantment on it, he is also quite fond of archery and magic.

Weapons: His favorite weapon is his silver sword enchanted with fire damage. He also has a steel shield, a hunting bow, and he carries an iron dagger. Barik also uses
    magic, favoring the following spells: firebolt, calm, fury, and healing

Armor: He wears a suit of Dwarven armor that he was left by his father. The only piece he doesn't use is the helmet. He wears a ruby ring and an Amulet of Arkay. The armor isn't enchanted.
    Family: His father left his mother when Barik was young and it made him quite hostile towards him, carrying into every time he sees him.His father claims to be Barik's protector and is known to get him out of situations he deems it necessary. Barik's mother died early in his childhood
    Affiliation: Leader of The Brightsiders
    Specializations: One handed, illusion, heavy armor, enchanting, archery, some blocking, minor restoration, augmented flames perk
    Main Aedra of worship: Arkay

Marital Status: It's complicated

Looks: He has neck length red hair chocolate brown eyes. He has a couple of scars, the most prominent one across his left eyebrow. He is rather handsome. Barik carries himself with an aura of intimidation and seriousness. He is well built.

Personality: Barik is usually quite serious. He has and iron will, he went through gruelling training with a Knight and studied spell tomes for several days to increase his skill with the arcane arts. Barik tries to keep his personal life personal, he rarely tells about how things make him feel and he prefers to put duty before emotions. He is secretive, while he tells people what is necessary he almost never tells the whole truth, that or he only gives up parts of his plans. Despite these traits Barik has good intentions and tries to do the right thing, even when the choices are difficult to make.
    History:
    Barik was raised by his single mother in the town of Rorikstead. His father left when he was a child. Barik knows by now that he has been watching over him and helping him along occasionally, even though Barik makes it clear he doesn't want his help.
    When Barik was fourteen he was made an apprentice of the Knight Calavar Hodgson. He stayed on as his apprentice until he was seventeen years old. He learned magic by studying spell books for days on end until he was pleased with his progress.
    When he was twenty two his best friend Ralis Taran was killed by a group of corrupt guards when Ralis attempted to protect an old woman from their cruelty. In Ralis' honor Barik formed The Brightsiders.
    Well I hope all of you like the idea so we can get started soon!

Brian Shipley

System A D M I N by day Xbox freak by night
    Sounds really interesting to say the least.

CC:

Name:Hodhon (Meaning: Tomb)
    Race: Altimer / High Elf
    Birth Origin: Cloudrest
    Religion: Praise the Nine Divines
    Class: Wizard
    Appearance: Tall and skinny, skin is pale, long white hair just past his shoulders
    Apparel: Master Wizard Robes of Destruction/Conjuration. No concealed weapons of any kind, he personally doesn’t like the feeling of metal bound to his body/skin
    Occupation: In Cloudrest he was part of a gladiatorial team. His father wanted him to join. Since leaving Cloudrest he has yet to discover his true calling
    Weapons/Combat Style: Master Destruction/Conjuration, Adept Alteration/Illusion, Apprentice Restoration
    Dislikes: Metal, Conforming laws that inhibit the ability of one’s true self.
    Bio: Out casted by his own father, mother died of unknown reasons (Trying to find answers). Hodhon has a sister named Velvox, he does not know of her whereabouts. Velvox and her mother got into a rather displeasing argument about religion. Velvox was starting to think otherwise about the Nine Divines. Her mother not needing to hear anymore sent Velvox to the dungeons. Hodhon remembers the guards taking his sister away. The sound of his sister’s chains scuffing the ground made him cringe. The next morning, Hodhon woke up to the sound of mournful sorrows down the great halls.... His mother had been murdered in last night’s sleep and Voxvon escaped the dungeons and fled. Hodhon remembers the day he received the grave news about his mother like it was yesterday, in reality this incident happened 71 years ago

Wolfie

Name: Isunder (ee-sunder)
    Race: Imperial
    Appearance: Long black hair and grey eyes, with a drawn face and a fairly short beard. His skin is the color of light roasted chestnut. (I couldn't find a picture)
    Class: Paladin - base of melee, but with help from restoration and alteration. He'd love to use Illusion magic, too, - especially to find out the mechanics behind it - but he's terrible at it. He also has several characteristics relating to the 'Knight' class.
    Personality: Hard-headed, for certain. He mulls over an idea and then strictly follows it. Isunder usually denies help, claiming that followers 'get in the way of my blows'. However, he does accept help every now and then, when he knows he needs it. He can certainly be arrogant. He loves the mechanics and exhileration of close-combat, is up for any challenge offered, finds it hard to trust people and to be still, believes that there is honor in battle ... he follows his moral code of justice. He's only loyal when he believes something is right, and is rather patient(most of the time ... heh).
    History: He hails from Cyrodiil, where he worked in the Mages Guild. There, he constantly studied anything he could get his hands on. He's slowed down, now, and has focused on the lycanthopic lore found in Skyrim only. He's also interested in the social Dwemer structure. So he traveled to Skyrim ... and found more there than just books and word-of-mouth. He's now dedicated himself to protecting others he finds amongst his journey, and is still dedicated to studying even though he hardly seems the type.
    Weapon and armor type: Heavy armor! Isunder sticks with a good shield and his falcata, Idris(I actually have a falcata with the words 'Idris' inscribed in it ... it's really old. I have razor everything, so if anyone dare steals this idea then I will personally sent Karma after you. Got it?!). Idris is of steel metal, but of Nordic ideal and Cyrodiil origin. So he's a mutt :) He's yet to find a good enchantment that he finds fit to put on it - since he's against soul trapping, having had bad experiences with them before.
    Other: Skills are based in: one-handed, heavy armor, blocking, restoration, alteration, speech, and enchanting. He's rather curious of the Nine and their actions. He has a hard time believing in them, but a friend of his is a fierce believer in the Nine, especially of Akatosh, so he's partially doubtful.

Wolfie

^^ Thank you. Glad to see that this website isn't completely dead!

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations

D_A

I am looking to join :)

CC:

Name: Dar'Ja
    Race: Khajiit

Appearance: Dar'Ja has a dark grey pelt, with streaks of pure black going through it. His eyes are pure yellow, and they glow when he is concealed in darkness, making it eerie. He is about 6 foot. He has a scar right down his left eye.

Class: He is known as a ranger. (Like a robin hood type ranger) He is stealthy and likes to stick with the shadows.

Cloths: He has two rangers tunics (one blends in with the forest other blends in with the snow) with many pockets on each to carry small items.

Weapons: He uses a Imperial Bow, with any type of arrows he can find (he will start off with iron), he also has a steel dagger for close combat.

Personality: If he doesn't know you well, he is cold and doesn't like to give out much info, and if he does...be careful. If he knows you well and trusts you, he will do anything within reason for that person. Sometimes can take life as a joke, other times not so much. He is also unpredictable.

Bio: Living as a orphan, not knowing anything of his parents he simply wondered the roads, trying to survive. He had no true purpose. As he grew older he started to train himself in the arts of thievery and stealth. He soon stole a Bow from a shop without being detected and trained with that. No soon after he was recruited by the Brightsiders. He is loyal to the leader and the clan. If the clan accepts somebody he does as well.

I hope I get accepted, if you want me to be more clear on anything just let me know.

Phoenix Knight

Unofficial awesome dude
    There will be meetings occasionally before sieges and stuff where the top members (The people who join the thread) meet, Your character can meet with any other person's character if you want. if you do have these meetings be considerate of other characters and their personalities.

D_A

ok this sounds very different and cool. Seems like each Role players character might have their own mini quest.

SkyrimFreak

This is a good rp idea Phoenix! And hello again :p

Name: Dar'khar
    Race: Khajiit

Appearance: She has grey-ish brown fur with streaks (same color as her fur but darker) and light brown paws. Her eyes are an amber color but they get slightly green nearer the iris (took inspiration from my cat there :D). She is five feet, 4 inches.

Class: Alchemist/Thief

Weapons: She doesn't have much in the way of weapons: all she usually carries with her is a dragonbone dagger she stole (which is how she earned the Dar' in her name, and its a long story) and a few choice poisons/potions.

Apparel: Normal everyday clothes, and when she wants to steal, a set of black dyed leather armor, and a hood.

Personality: In general Dar'khar is a kind and happy person, she isn't all bad despite being a thief. The only times she wants to steal is when she isn't able to get by without it, or when she was younger, for fun (she returned it usually, she just wanted something interesting to do then). She doesn't get angry much and when she is angry, she's quiet about it.

History: There isn't much to tell about her, she lived a relatively normal life with one of the caravans, until the end of the civil war. Life had been hard enough as it had been, but the leader of her caravan was a mage, and after being beaten near death, his wounds were infected and not even her potions could save him. After that some of the guards decided that if the leader was a mage, the others might be too. She managed to steal a healing potion, which helped with the most serious injuries. The others weren't so lucky. After that she swore that she would do what she could to stop this madness, so joined the Brightsiders.

D_A

Skyrimfreak, I hope are two chracters can work together in some way during the RP, it could be fun.

Knight, what will our characters have at their disposal? (NPC members of the Brightsiders, Brightsiders property etc.)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts