Spoiler The Blessings of Nature, repercussions?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Gore gro-Gijakudob

I have now done the quest both ways, the first way is still glitched on the PS3, you still have the dead tree in Whiterun with the sapling 'inside' it. What I wish to know is what were the repercussions of taking the sap as opposed to the sapling? The sap, or blood, of the tree would hardly kill it, it looks the same now as it did before. Is the Eldergleam just an ancient tree wuss? Honestly, and the spriggans attacked the hippies! Man I had to reload twice I could save the three of them. The Eldergleam could learn a lot from Treebeard and in future, no more saving hippies for me!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
The possible negative repercussions are only to your roleplay. You may not kill the Eldergleam but you will be assaulting it and hurting it if you choose to draw its sap. It's inconsistent with a character who is attuned with nature or is a paragon of moral virtue, but for most players running around and just not giving a fluff about doing evil things like getting the Oblivion Walker achievement it wont mean a thing.

Unit7

Wait a minute... you mean I didn't have to be a jerk and not take the sap? Well I'll be damned.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Wait a minute... you mean I didn't have to be a jerk and not take the sap? Well I'll be damned.
You need to agree to allow Maurice Jondrelle to accompany you the Eldergleam Sanctuary. If you do, he follows you to the Eldergleam and is horrified when he learns you intend to violate the Eldergleam by cutting it open and taking its sap. If you choose the right dialogue path with him he will offer you an alternate solution and pray to the Eldergleam for a sapling that you can take back to Danica Pure-Spring to replace the dying Gildergreen tree. The game is supposed to replace the old dying tree with the young sapling by deleting the old tree revealing the sapling which is in the same place.

Unfortunately this has been bugged since launch so the old tree never goes away. If you're on a PC you can delete the old tree to reveal the sapling. There is also a mod you can download that does this and makes the sapling grow over time so that if you play the game long enough you can watch it grow over time into the size of the prior Gildergree tree. It's one of the reasons I will always stop by in Whiterun to watch it's progress. :)

Unit7

Thanks for the information. Whenever I get around to doing this quest I'll definitely have to do it this way instead. Might even install that mod. :D

Haru17

Lost Falmer
You need to agree to allow Maurice Jondrelle to accompany you the Eldergleam Sanctuary. If you do, he follows you to the Eldergleam and is horrified when he learns you intend to violate the Eldergleam by cutting it open and taking its sap. If you choose the right dialogue path with him he will offer you an alternate solution and pray to the Eldergleam for a sapling that you can take back to Danica Pure-Spring to replace the dying Gildergreen tree. The game is supposed to replace the old dying tree with the young sapling by deleting the old tree revealing the sapling which is in the same place.

Unfortunately this has been bugged since launch so the old tree never goes away. If you're on a PC you can delete the old tree to reveal the sapling. There is also a mod you can download that does this and makes the sapling grow over time so that if you play the game long enough you can watch it grow over time into the size of the prior Gildergree tree. It's one of the reasons I will always stop by in Whiterun to watch it's progress. :)

That's really cool, I loved this quest so much for the druidic / priest of Kynareth theme. I hope we get some DLC with this theme. The Trials of Kyne was another cool quest.