• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Azaelia nodded to Danacia as she replied and allowed herself a small smile.

"I shall wait until the others return to announce my plan." She said to Danacia as she walked over to her tent and began to take it down while she waited. She glanced over her shoulder at Selia, who was still tied against the tree, and almost felt a twinge of sadness for her. Azaelia knew she had murdered Adario, but just how did she feel about actually knowing that she did it. Azaelia intended to find out, but for now she continued to fiddle with her tent until the others returned from where ever they had wandered off to.

Rekamennos

Account closed
    Danacia nodded to Azaelia, who then she watched leave her side and so she decided to return to Edwin. Coming close to Edwin from behind, seeing he was busy watching Selia, Danacia pondered whether she should surprise him or not. She thought against it because he was on guard, and if someone had done that to her she would have taken them down. It's just not right. So instead, she came up making loud obvious normal footsteps so he could know it was her, and then she wrapped her arms around him from behind coming up close to his ear as she held on all cuddly-like. "You know," Danacia pondered "it's been a little while since I last saw Arith and Rellian. And we really need to get going." She snuggled in closer to him putting her head on his shoulder with a small giggle. "I think I may go look for them myself."

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Selia heard Danacia talking with Edwin, who the redguard could never remember the name of, and decided to have a little fun with the two. And not in a physical way! No, she was just going to verbally abuse the two. When Danacia finished speaking, Selia spoke up, saying, "Why in Oblivion did you say, 'And we really need to get going.', seductively? Like, seriously? And of course Rellian isn't here, he's trying to refrain from having more corpses thrown in his face! I think I would've done that with Adario if I had been in a different... mood. Now, leave us, Danacia! Search for the corpse-face-man and alchoholic-bosmer-guy! ", said Selia, the word mood in a rather dark way and the quoting of Danacia in a very squeaky, teasing voice. Danacia probably would be offended by the tone, though. She was a spoilsport.

MR-WIKI-96

I know all! I am the WIKI!
    Arith walked off to do his original task that he was assigned to do by the group. The task was to find Relian and get him ready to move on towards the ruins. The wood elf personally did not want to find the moody Redguard but nevertheless, the Bosmer decided to do the task at hand anyway. He decided to check the cave first. Relian was obviously not around the camp, so the most likely place to Arith was that he was in the cave.

Arith walked into the dark cave and looked around it for any evidence of Relian. He was looking around the cave until he stumbled on the foot of something heavy and smelly. What the... he stood up to see the dead bodies of two trolls. These must be the two trolls that Danacia and Azaelia killed. Kudos to them. He walks over the bodies, making sure not too stand on any of them. He gets past the bodies and see's something a little further in the cave. It looked like the silhouette of a body but Arith went further towards it to check it out.

He reaches the body to sees his suspicions were true. It was Relian. He sleeping in the snow, looking quite comfortable. Arith chuckled a little and nudged Relian a little to wake him up. Rise and shine, sleeping beauty!

Skyrimosity

Rellian had only been sleeping in the cave for a few hours when that Jester named Arith came and woke him up. He sat up and slowly moved his neck around in every direction he could, resulting in quite a few popping sounds. He stood up and stretched out all his muscles, allowing his tired joints to crackle. Its funny... I don't remember falling asleep in a cave. I don't remember even lying down at all. Not even sitting down. Ah well... no reason to think much about it. He looked over to Arith "Its about time we get going anywhere isn't it?"

Rellian did not wait for any response as he walked out the cave, Arith following just behind. He found some sort of commotion going on between Danacia, Azaelia, Edwin, and (of course) Selia. "Well well, what's all the commotion? And Danacia, I would like to get moving as fast as possible. I'll gladly help to bury Adario. Poor Adario, victim of that woman's lunacy."

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Selia snapped her head to the side, ignoring any possible rebuttal from her two victims, and saw Rellian. A smile crept over her features. Arith trotted beside him as they approached Selia. Her toothy grin grew and grew until it looked as if it would stretch all the way up to her ears. But, as would be expected, no such thing happened. "Well well, what's all the commotion? And Danacia, I would like to get moving as fast as possible. I'll gladly help to bury Adario. Poor Adario, victim of that woman's lunacy.", said Rellian. Selia thought two things at this moment, so she decided to vocalize them, saying, "Wait, wait, wait! Hold up! How did you know about Adario? I mean, you're right, he is most definitely a victim of Danacia's lunacy, but how did you know this? Also, where have you been? We've been doing things of all sorts all morning! I even spit a blade at a tree! Fun!"

Skyrimosity

Rellian almost smiled at the lunatic Redguard as she shouted things of the strangest sorts at him. "Well Selia, I told you I'd be watching for you last night did I not? Don't think murdering people goes unnoticed. And no, I'm afraid it is not Danacia nor Azaelia who is the lunatic. That title falls perfectly on you. Where I was and why I am just now awoke is, of course, of none of your concern so please do stop worrying about it. Now, everyone, can we please start the burial?"

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    "Watching me? I'm watching you. In the night, a pair of eyes? My eyes were red, not green. I climbed that tree. Didn't you see? And, dear Rellian, I am most definitely a lunatic. Of course, sanity is a falsehood, a lie, an un-truth. Sanity does not exist. No, not at all. We are all insane, from gods to mortal to the in-between, the lost ones. You cannot escape. Danacia and Azaelia and all the rest of you are, in fact, insane, maybe even more so than I. What if everyone but those you all label insane were the actual lunatics? It is quite possible. Or not. Am I contradicting myself? I am a big hypocrite! Oh, well. My thoughts are jumbled. Having your most intimate memories scanned by someone can do that to you. Oh, and Danacia, you are most lucky to have left there with your mind still somewhat intact. What goes on in my head can be too much to handle. You probably still don't understand exactly who killed Adario. It was me, but it wasn't. It was, in part, all of you who did this. She's restless, and it's all your faults. Oh, and Danacia did a lot of it. The surprise last night, the pushing over the edge and the entering my head. That was the worst part. Things will only get worse from here on out. Hopefully she doesn't resurface, but you never know. Let's hope you all managed to get the gist of those crazy things I said, 'cause I'm not repeating myself, and they are quite relevant to the expedition." And with that, Selia shut her mouth.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin was surprised by Danacia's sudden show of affection, especially in the given circumstances. His body tensed as she touched his back, and he tried to remain focused on Selia. Luckily at that point Rellian and Arith came wandering back from the cave and Selia got distracted by Rellian. the two of them exchanged words and the 'debate' ended with a insane rant from Selia which made everyone fall silent.

After a few seconds Edwin broke the silence, "Well thats all very nice Selia, care to tell us anymore?" As he said this Edwin looked over to Azaelia and said to her in a hushed voice, "I'd start enacting your plans for punishment Azaelia. We need to get going so I hope they are effective."

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Azaelia saw Rellian appear with Arith not far behind. She was about to open her mouth to speak to Selia when Rellian popped off with Selia being a lunatic and that Adario's death would be expected. He also mentioned something about getting the burial on with. The way he said that, with his air of superiority, and the way he said that, "I'll gladly help to bury Adario. Poor Adario, victim of that woman's lunacy," it just lit Azaelia chest on fire. Spiteful ignoramus! Like I wasn't trying to handle it! And Danacia...constantly flirting even when the situation doesn't call for it! Bouncing between Rellian and Edwin, the fighting between Circe and her! What good can come from any of these triangles she keeps making! Perhaps if she would direct herself at Rellian then he wouldn't be such an arse! Azaelia took a deep breath in as she listened to Selia with her speech about insanity, and Azaelia couldn't say that she disagreed.

Edwin made a comment to Selia and added, "I'd start enacting your plans for punishment Azaelia. We need to get going so I hope they are effective." Azaelia didn't give Edwin a nod of agreement or anything, she just raised her voice to halt any other back and forth.

"Enough of this!" She growled this almost uncharacteristically, "Selia, would you care to help me in burying Adario?" She had softened her voice slightly, but it still had an edge.

"Since it was you in a sense, I believe that it will please everyone here to have you help bury him as a sort of mental punishment. I also believe it will give you a chance to grieve for what you have done, regardless of what others might think, I think you deserve that chance." She turned from Selia and looked at everyone else.

"I will take full responsibility for Selia during this process. While we are burying Adario I expect for any...irate chatter to be taken away from the two of us. If you have something to say while we are burying then it better be useful, otherwise I expect us to be left alone. That is of course, if everyone agrees to this proposal by a majority." Her mouth, which was pretty much all that could be seen of her face, was in a sort of scowl, but she had equalized her voice so that it was even and not cutting like it had been when she had started speaking. All this talk about insanity and most of them can't even keep their own on straight, she thought to herself angrily as she focused on her breathing.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin smiled as he watched Selia go off with Azaelia to bury Adario. The Redguard woman didn't seem to argue as much with the helmeted Nord woman as she did with Danacia, perhaps Selia held a bit of resentment to her for invading her mind, that would make sense. The Selia problem solved The group went about bundling up their supplies. Edwin, who was already packed, simply watched as the others went quickly about their business. When everybody was packed up and Azaelia and Selia had returned from 'grave duty' Danacia stood up on the cart and spoke up over the group, "Okay everybody, time to head out." The redheaded Nord woman hopped onto her horse, Mirrow, and took the lead.

They trudged through the snow for quite some time. As they walked Edwin looked around at the cold, snowy terrain about them. Such a inhospitable place, even with his magically insulated armor Edwin was starting to feel cold. It would be nice to get down into the ruin, where the temperatures would be less frigid.

After several hours of walking/riding the group stopped for a short lunch. Not much was said during the brief break, Edwin suspected everyone was lost in their own thoughts, he certainly was. Edwin kept wondering about Selia, and what they would do if the crazy woman attacked again. He could not help but think the Redguard would target Danacia next, and despite only knowing the woman for a day or two he had taken a liking to her, she had a fiery personality and the kind of drive Edwin respected in a person. He decided if Selia tried to attack her Edwin would kill the woman without hesitation. He liked Arith and Azaelia as well, Azaelia was a smart and respectable woman and from what Edwin had seen a damn good fighter as well. And Arith, the elf was a kindred spirit to him, he always had to smile at the elf jokes, especially the ones at Rellians expense. As for Rellian and Circe, Edwin was undecided. Circe seemed friendly enough, and her saber cat friend was very impressive, but there was something mysterious about her that Edwin didn't entirely trust. And Rellian, well he was just not someone Edwin felt he would ever get along with.

Their meal finished, the group continued on until it was getting to be late afternoon once more. Then they rose to the top of a small rise and they were their. The path they had been following lead fairly close to the edge of one of the many giant glaciers stretching across the coast of the sea of ghosts. As the came to the top of the hill they saw a giant crack, running through the massive ice form they were standing on now. Inside the fissure, almost 70 feet down, was a tower half merged into the ice. The once impressive structure had sunk below the surface of the world through a millennia of shifting ice and earthquakes. It had apparently only recently been uncovered by a small tremor in the months before. Despite the ravages of time the structure seemed mostly intact, and Edwin suspected it was far grander inside that it was on the outside. A wave of adrenaline shot through him as he wondered what amazing things they would encounter in the deep.
    800px-SR-place-Alftand.jpg

(something like this except much bigger and more epic looking. And with the towers further down into the fissure.)

As the group stood in amazed silence of the deadly beauty of the place Edwin stepped cautiously forward, looking down the crack. It stretched almost fifty feet across to the other side and as Edwin looked down it he could see a small stream flowing along the bottom of the great fissure. Stepping back Edwin let out a low whistle, "Wow, long way down. I think that is our destination, is it not Danacia? We will have to climb down along the ice face there..." He pointed to a place near the sunken Tower, "...then perhaps jump down onto the platform around the tower there. Lucky I brought some climbing gear," He looked to Arith, "Do you know anything about climbing stuff Arith? I have some experience but I figure a tree hugger would have more eh?" He winked at the man good naturedly to show his comment was a joke, not an insult.

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    "...then perhaps jump down onto the platform around the tower there. Lucky I brought some climbing gear. Do you know anything about climbing stuff Arith? I have some experience but I figure a tree hugger would have more eh?"

Circe laughed to herself at Edwin's comment for a moment before dismissing it and moving just inched from the edge of the large fissure in front of the group. She eyed the tower that the man had spoken of and agreed that it would be their best bet at getting into the ruin.

"Perhaps I should go down first. I don't need and climbing equipment and if anyone gets in trouble while they climb I can get to them easily, without any ropes getting in my way." Circe said, only turning her head back to the group briefly.

The Vampire began to jump up and down on the ice where she stood, testing it for strength. It did not crack, but the edge of the fissure could only tell her so much. That is why she wanted to go down first, just in case the ice did break away, perhaps she might survive the fall. She didn't know if Danacia would want to go down as well but when it came down to the facts, Circe was a Vampire and Danacia was not. If the Nord fell while climbing she would die and if Circe was not below her when that happened there was nothing she could do about it.

"The ice appears to be strong where we are, but I would hate for one of you to fall to your deaths." Circe left a deliberate pause before she spoke again. "Well, today at least. Please feel free to fall into a huge crack in the ground any other day." Circe winked to the group and then sat down, dangling her legs off of the edge of the fissure while she waited for a reply.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Selia walked off towards the camp, leaving the now-buried body of Adario behind. Except the arm. She kept Adario's arm. While burying the rest of him, Selia had grown attached to Adario's hand. It was a nice hand. Maybe she'd make it into some kind of weapon. Orc/Dremora bone is probably quite sturdy. It'd have to be strong if it managed to support that fatty! thought Selia, a smile widening on her face. She began to hum the tune to a rather upbeat song about burning an orphanage and eating rabbit esophagi (esophaguses?) as she slipped the arm into her pack. Everyone else appeared to be packed and ready to go. Selia, however, was always packed. Everything she owned she could fit on her person. Everything except her horse, and he wasn't even in the province of Skyrim at the moment. Selia smiled wistfully at this thought, wondering when she'd next be able to see her mentor in Argonia. Hopefully, her mission in Skyrim would be a success, however doubtful that was.

Azaelia followed close behind Selia, probably (falsely) thinking that her chat with the woman had accomplished something. When Azaelia had asked Selia why she had killed Adario, Selia answered with, "Oh, I didn't kill Adario. She did. And you all drove her to it. Didn't you listen to what I said earlier?" Selia then told Azaelia what she felt of the group; from her pure hatred of the stick-in-the-mud Rellian to her indifference for Arith to her casual disliking of Edwin to her pity for the vampire. When Azaelia replied with, "I don't understand why they fear you.", Selia had said, "I am a trained assassin, you know. I understand why they might fear me. But Danacia and Circe... they know what goes on in my head. They wouldn't fear me. They know that I intend to leave you all alive, use you all for some of my own devices. They might, however, fear her. She's not as benevolent as I am." They talked about a few other things, but mostly, that was it.

Selia was thrust back into reality as Edwin spoke up, saying, "Okay everybody, time to head out." Danacia hopped onto her horse, whom Selia thought was horrifically stupid, not at all like her horse, Treasure, and began to head southeast, towards the ruins. Selia rolled her eyes, wondering how a person like Danacia could even be as bossy as she was, then climbed a tree, following from the foliage, dropping to the ground only when the nearest tree was too far to jump to. Sometimes she acted more like an imga then a redguard.

After a few hours of travel, the group halted, ready to eat. Selia dropped from a particularily low branch on her aspen tree perch and drew a sweetroll from her bag, all in one single, fluid motion. She scanned the faces of her colleagues as she munched on the sugary treat. Edwin kept glancing over at Selia and appeared lost in thought. He seemed troubled. Probably wondering what the assassin would do next. Selia's gaze then turned to Azaelia, who was unreadable, as always. Selia liked Azaelia well enough. In her eyes, the nord was the only one in the group deserving of respect, even if her combat tactics were a bit too barbaric for Selia. she glanced over at Arith next, still unsure as to what she thought of him. He seemed nice enough, if a little naive, and his jokes were good fun. Yet, there was something off about him, something Selia just couldn't put her finger on. She glanced over at Circe next, then felt sad for her. In Selia's eyes, vampirism was one of the worst curses imaginable. You were in debt to, not one, but two daedric princes, you couldn't go out in the sunlight, you had to drink blood, which Selia preferred to use as decor, and your skin grew deathly pale. Other than that, Selia considered her a good enough person. Not as much as Azaelia, but still, decent. Finally, she looked over Danacia and Rellian, the two people on the expedition who she outright disliked. She felt pity and anger at the sight of the two wretches (Selia's words, not mine!), wondering how they could go on living when they were such worthless people. A stick-in-the-mud and someone who so casually invaded the privacy of someone; Selia hated them.

As Lunch drew to a close, Selia decided to follow the group on foot for the last leg of their journey. Danacia once again took the lead, and Selia contemplated just grabbing her bow and shooting her. But, that would be rude, and if there was one thing Selia was not, it was (purposely) rude. She was always quite polite, shaking hands with her victims while stabbing them in the back, making sure to introduce herself before cracking a targets neck. So was the life of Selia Anika. Trees disappeared as they continued, something that Selia had suspected would happen as the terrain changed from regular old snow to ice. Around late afternoon/early evening, the party reached their destination; a gigantic canyon littered with various Dwemer buildings. The craggy edges were covered in snow and broken bits of bronze. A dead bosmer in steel armor was impaled on one of the sharper cliffs.

Edwin stepped forward, surveying their surroundings. He looked down into the canyon, then whistled. "Wow, long way down. I think that is our destination, is it not Danacia? We will have to climb down along the ice face there, then perhaps jump down onto the platform around the tower there. Luckily, I brought some climbing gear.", said the mage, his voice echoing around the fissure beneath him. He pointed down to a nearby tower as he spoke, then, when finished, he turned to Arith. "Do you know anything about climbing stuff Arith? I have some experience but I figure a tree-hugger would have more, eh?" Edwin smiled, looking rather stupid, as Selia thought of how much better she would do at this job. Circe laughed at this and walked over to the edge of the fissure. Selia thought briefly of what would happen if she pushed the vampire down there. No! Do not resurface! You shall not! You will not! I can't let you! thought Selia, trying to drown out the other voices chanting in her head, something she normally considered just regular background noise to her life, but was occasionally a problem. For example, right at that exact moment in time, when Selia suddenly felt very homicidal. Luckily, she was snapped back to reality by a certain vampire.

"Perhaps I should go down first. I don't need and climbing equipment and if anyone gets in trouble while they climb I can get to them easily, without any ropes getting in my way.", said Circe, her voice rescuing Selia from herself. Circe began jumping up and down on the ice, testing it's durability. And I thought everyone here but Azaelia and I were stupid... thought Selia, impressed by the fact that someone who had signed up for such a suicide mission had the foresight to test the ice. "The ice appears to be strong where we are, but I would hate for one of you to fall to your deaths.", said Circe. Selia mumbled under her breath, saying, "I wouldn't..." After a small pause, Circe spoke up again, saying, "Well, today at least. Please feel free to fall into a huge crack in the ground any other day." Selia laughed out loud at this. It struck her funnybone, something very few people could do to her when she was in a thinking mood. Circe sat down, dangling her legs off the cliff face, as Selia decided it was her time to shine, and this time, in a more favorable light. "Thank you, Circe, but, much as I'd love for you to impale yourself on some rocky spire of some sort down there, I would like to go first. I am experienced when it comes to climbing. I lived with a tribe of imga in Valenwood for quite a while. Plus, didn't you see how I kept to the trees for much of our travels? That was easy. This may be slightly more difficult, but still, a piece of cake."

Minstrel

Queen of Evil
    Circe heard Selia approaching and adjusted herself to face the woman while her legs still dangled over the edge of the fissure. She was satisfied that the woman hadn't come to push her to her death, while she may still stab me in the back, so she relax her body. The Vampire was still confident that she could survive the drop below her, possibly without an arm or a leg, but she would survive.

"Thank you, Circe, but, much as I'd love for you to impale yourself on some rocky spire of some sort down there, I would like to go first. I am experienced when it comes to climbing. I lived with a tribe of imga in Valenwood for quite a while. Plus, didn't you see how I kept to the trees for much of our travels? That was easy. This may be slightly more difficult, but still, a piece of cake."

Circe laughed slightly at the Redguards first comment and then eyed up the woman. "I've been on Tamriel for a good seventy-five years now and I've learned a thing or two about climbing. Why don't we go down together? That way if someone falls we can catch them easier, or not catch them," Circe gave a little wink at this comment. "If we climb down at the same time, perhaps a meter apart, that should give us a wider net."

Circe stood from her position on the ice and made her way back over to Tie who was still carrying her satchels in his fur. She opened one of them and took out a small dagger. After examining its sharpness she opened the second satchel and took out a loose septim. She moved both satchels back into Tie's fur and patted him on the head. She came back to Selia and sat back down on the ice where she had previously thing.

"Watch," Circe gripped the dagger in her hand, leaned over the edge, and then threw it with immense force at the side of the fissure. It embedded itself deep in the ice and Circe smiled. "When we go down I will put all of my weight on that dagger. If it come out of place then it is not safe for the others to climb down the face of the fissure," Next Circe took the coin and did the exact same thing, but this time however, the coin bounced off of the ice and the Vampire listened closely to its pitch. "If you listened closely to the sound the coin made when it hit the ice you will know that the ice is solid and will not crumbled on touch." Circe would have not usually done this had it been just her and Selia climbing, but she was sure that if anyone fell to their deaths while climbing it would be blamed on her. "Ready to climb?"

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Azaelia had been walking steadily along with the others after they had left the camp behind. Lost in thought, she often began to mumble under her breath to herself, but it was so quiet none could hear but her. Before they had left camp her and Selia had dug a grave for Adario the Orc Dremora that hadn't made it one day past the time they had left. Poor man, Azaelia would think to herself but then immediately correct reminding herself of his short story about being imprisoned. At least he won't have to face that again...at least in this lifetime.

As they had been burying Adario, Azaelia had taken notice that Selia had kept the man's arm. She didn't say anything, though she would have buried him with it as she thought it was only respectful, but she let Selia keep it. There was nothing Azaelia saw harm in. After all, Selia had killed the man. Perhaps this was her trophy? Azaelia didn't think as much though, she didn't see Selia the type to keep trophies. Selia was the type that would only keep things that were of use to her. For all Azaelia knew, Selia would make a bow out of the arm, or perhaps some sharp sticks out of each individual bone. Maybe she would just keep it around to slap people with. Regardless of what Selia had kept the appendage for, Azaelia didn't mind. Selia didn't seem too terrible of a person to her, at least besides the killing Adario part.

Azaelia had said that she didn't see why the others feared her the way they did. After finding Adario dead it wasn't uncommon to find the others looking over their shoulders with wary wide eyes at the girl. Selia had told Azaelia that she was a trained assassin and that she understood why they would. She also said that Danacia and Circe had seen what went on inside her mind, which only confirmed what Azaelia had been hypothesizing. Danacia was most definitely a were-wolf. Circe on the other hand, she was a bit trickier. Azaelia knew she was a vampire from a prior conversation between Circe and Selia, but seeing as she had been involved in the 'mind-trip' as well, maybe she was a 'sister' to Danacia. Either way, Azaelia would be wary of the two of them. Too many memories had welled up when she had returned from her 'river relaxation' to find the massacred bandit camp. It was making her think that Danacia and Circe had been the ones to brutalize the camp. Paranoia, she would tell herself and then brush the thoughts away thinking them preposterous.

As for the remaining men of the group, Azaelia felt indifferent towards Edwin, if not a little surprised by how nonchalantly he accepted Danacia's...affections. A little too eager, she thought to herself when she reviewed the happenings of the day, night, and morning before. Perhaps he is lonesome, or perhaps the man has never felt the touch of a woman! Maybe he is just incredibly flesh hungry. She would chuckle at this thought glad that she covered herself in armor and her steel helmet. Albeit, it's leather armor, but it does leave room for imagination to take it's course. All armor does, for one looks very different completely clothed than completely unclothed. After thinking this through, and shaking her head, she came to the open conclusion that it was probably just the fact that Danacia was so open with herself that made the men chase her. Or perhaps her personality maybe? Azaelia didn't know, as it was quite befuddling to her, nor did she really care. If Edwin and Rellian wanted to spend their time running in circles around the other then by the grace of the Nine, they very well could.

As for Arith, he was confusing as well. When they first met he was stumbling over his words and stuck to Azaelia's side. When they reach camp, he was cuddling with Circe when Azaelia had returned from helping Danacia and Adario kill the trolls. Then during the night shift, he was sharing mead with Azaelia by the fire and shooting back and forth riddles for thought. Azaelia knew that he had a sort of mocking hatred for Rellian, as did Edwin, but Arith made his known through joking jabs instead of blatant sentences. He was pleasant, she would give the Bosmer that, but she wasn't sure how consistent he was. The one constant the man had was his jokes and good nature. She wondered what would happen when the stress of battle and maintaining food in the ruins would strip that from him, or if anything ever would.

Azaelia was struck blank when Edwin's voice drifted over the icy winds near the edge of a glacier canyon. There were Dwemer ruins poking out of the ice here and there only hinting at the magnificence they would feast upon once they scaled the face of the glacier and entered the ruins. Edwin said he had brought climbing gear, Circe had tested the ice to see if it was strong enough to even hold their weight towards the edge and then offered to go first, and then Selia had joined Circe in the volunteering after speaking shortly with her. Circe and Selia were getting along fine. Which brought a little unexpected joy into Azaelia's chest to see. At least the undead are still somewhat kind to people, she thought a little begrudgingly as she remembered how angry Danacia had been and how the men of the group had followed her lead. This group certainly was divided, but where did Azaelia stand amongst this division?

"I would like to volunteer to go down first after the two of them." She announced to everyone whilst cutting off her constantly running thoughts. She walked over to Edwin and held out her hands for the gear she would need expecting no argument from the group. The glacier face was sheer and very tall. It was certainly something to fear had you never climbed before, but Azaelia didn't think this would be calling upon her bravery. She thought this task would call upon dexterity most of all, dexterity and strategy. Both of which she had experience in. So she smiled a small sad smile to Edwin when she had held out her hands because of a thought that went through her head, It's not like I have a family to leave in my wake.

Rekamennos

Account closed
    (ooc: I am taking up the role of putting forth a piece from Wiki about Arith. I do not have his permission, but with him gone there is not much else that we can do. I apologize if this post isn't much to be sought after, but from having been busy for so long I am in need of a bit of creative practice to get back in the game. And I also apologize for the fact that I cannot roleplay Arith nearly as well as Wiki can. And Wiki will be terribly missed. :sadface:)

"Does it honestly matter who goes first down?" Arith asked everyone, not to anyone in specific. He was standing by Danacia at this time, whom was eyeing him suspiciously as he left her side and headed closer towards the cliff. He looked down, seeing the great height that stood between him and the bottom of this very long fall. Arith then turned to the group, and shook his head as he spoke once more, "I think I will be the one to go first..."

"Arith, are you sure about that?" Danacia asked, her heart beating fast as usual, however, a bit of a stomach wrenching gut feeling added to it. She came forward towards him, looking down at the height, and then she shook her head and continued, "I don't think it'd be a good idea for you to go first. I have a bad feeling about this..."

"Why? I'm sure I will be fine..." Arith smiled warmly to Danacia, and then he shrugged off her worry as he began to make his way down to climb. The moment he took the plunge, having bad footing, he tried to lower himself to the next step. At the moment his foot hit towards the flat surface he was aiming to land upon, he slipped on black ice, and then lost complete balance overall. Arith yelled out, falling backward with a hard thud onto the next step. Danacia at the top gasped, and she loudly yelled out, "ARITH! ARE YOU OKAY?!" There was no answer so without hesitation she began to head down the same edge of the cliff he was at, but slower as to not fall the same way he did on the unnoticable patches of black ice.

Arith quickly came back to consciousness, having only had a minor fall, and then he saw Danacia on her way down. All of a sudden, a loud cracking noise could be heard under the unsteady small cliffside off the wall he was balanced upon. "DANACIA DON'T COME ANY FURTHER IT'S GOING TO BREAK!" The cracking quickly became louder and louder, and suddenly Danacia stopped mid-way near the top and holding on to her patch of the wall of the cliff for dear life. "Arith I won't leave you!" She stubbornly began to make her way down, but accidentally as Arith did before she found a patch of black ice on the cliff wall and one of her feet slipped nearly making her lose balance. With quick thinking, she held in tight to the wall and felt her heart pound right out of her chest as she witnessed the cracking cliffside Arith was on start to crumble underneath sending large frozen shards of the earth down to the foggy bottom to which none could see. "ARITH!" Danacia called out, fear set in her eyes feeling as helpless as ever. If she moved, she would fall, but if she didn't save him he would be lost to them.

"DANACIA!" Arith called out, steadying himself, and looking for any means to what could save his life. As the seconds poured by, so did the rocks crumble, and literally after calling out her name the entire cliff side crack and began to fall taking him with it. Danacia began to scream out, reaching an arm's length in emotional pain knowing there was nothing she could do and her gesture was useless. The entire mountain side of the crew, the moment of struggle between Danacia and Arith, and even the sounds of broken earth falling became very silent. Arith yelled out, but soon stopped making a sound as he fully disappeared into the depths of the fog below unable to be seen and determine his whereabouts.

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin nodded to Azaelia as she approached him, asking for some climbing equipment. He took a coil of rope off his back along with some iron piton's. Straitening Edwin handed Azaelia a pair of chain bindings, "These are to put on your feet so you don't slip on the ice," He looked over to Circe and Selia and said, "I wouldn't go down there without using this equipment my friends, you'll slip pretty fast no matter how skilled you are."

Just as he said this Arith stepped forward, confident of his abilities to scale down the cliff face. Edwin moved to intercept him before he started climbing down saying, "Arith wait, at least-" But the over eager Bosmer was already over the cliff side before he could get out the rest of his sentence. He stood next to Danacia near the edge and watched as Arith started down. He had only gotten a couple dozen feet when sure enough he slipped on the wet ice and fell. "plops!" Edwin yelled and held his breath, looking down to see if Arith was alive or.... not. Luckily it seemed he had fallen onto a Icy ledge about thirty feet down, he looked injured but not dead and that was good.

Then Danacia started heading down after him. "Danacia don't go down there yet, we have to think!" But the impulsive Nord woman was already going down the cliff. When Danacia was about halfway down the side to Arith, Edwin spotted something, a long gash in the face of the ice, likely created by Arith's sword as he fell. Arith seemed to spot it as well and he cried out, warning Danacia not to go any further. She didn't listen, and soon enough there was a dreadfull cracking sound and the chunk Arith was laying on, as well as the piece Danacia had her feet positioned on, fell away into the Abyss.

Edwin let out a string of angry curse words as the Bosmer fell out of sight into the Chasm. While the others stood in shock he grabbed one of the pitons and a coil of rope. Quickly lashing the end of the rope to the circular hole on the metal spike Edwin sent a burst of heat through the iron and slammed it into the ground at his feet. As soon as the heated metal sunk into the ice he sent a rush of cold into it and it quickly froze solidly in place. Then without hesitation, Edwin took the rope in his hands and slid down the slick side of the fissure. Ignoring the pain of the ocasional slab of ice hitting his side he reached Danacia in a matter of seconds, and grabbed her shoulder before she to could fall to her doom.

"Are you alright?" He asked her as he pulled her up beside him, "Arith.... Gods damn it!" Edwin cast his gaze down into the canyon, activating a detect life spell and scanning along the bottom. He saw nothing. Either Arith was dead or he was out of range of Edwins spell. Sighing Edwin looked to Danacia and said in a low, sad voice, "Its no use Danacia. He's gone."

Znowcicle

Chimera~
    Azaelia snapped out of her melancholy thoughts as Edwin handed her the equipment and explained what a part did. It wasn't long before her attention was snapped onto Arith who had wandered close to the edge and had started climbing down. Danacia was following him, which was odd to Azaelia seeing as they hadn't interacted, and Edwin was trying to talk some sense into him. Arith slipped and Azaelia gasped without giving it a second thought and scurried quickly to the edge without Edwin or Danacia noticing. Arith was already coming to as she flopped down on her belly and jammed the ice picks in the ice so she wouldn't slide off the edge. She smiled as he flickered his eyes open and let out a breath as he said he was okay.

Danacia, whom Azaelia had forgotten about, had started making her way, stubbornly, down to him which Edwin said was not a good idea. Azaelia's small, short smile turned again into a fallen crest and she twinged as Arith yelled at Danacia and the loud crack sounded. Danacia stopped in her tracks, Arith glanced at those that were looking down at him, Edwin had stopped short as well, and Azaelia was staring down at Arith, her eyes prickling as her mind had already figured out how this would end.

With impulse she held out her hand to him knowing that it would be a futile movement, for he was too far from her reach. Her mind was numb, and she watched silently as the ice under him shifted and then fell taking him with it. Everything was silent to her. She didn't hear Danacia yell out his name or hear him yell out hers. She didn't hear the ice crumbling and crashing as it fell, but she did hear that last yell. She heard that last yell, but she didn't think anyone could make it out. She couldn't even make it out with her sharp Nordic ears.

She stayed frozen with her eyes glued on the spot where Arith had disappeared into the darkness, and her hand stayed splayed out for him to grab even though she knew that he never would. She was so dazed that she didn't even notice Edwin climbing down to grab Danacia from her ledge. The cold wind blew to take the place of the dead silence. Ice flurries hit Azaelia's face and brought her back to reality. Well, brought her back into reality enough to sit up on her knees and finish getting her gear on. There was a buckle that her shaking hands couldn't seem to latch and her eyes prickled harder the longer she fiddled with it. She moved onto a different part of the gear, but she couldn't figure out where it was supposed to go.

Frustrated, she threw the strap she was holding out of her hands and brought her hands up to her eyes, knocking off her helmet in the process which rolled onto the ground behind her. She blew out air between her lips in a huff and curled herself against her bent legs in shock. After about a minute, she scooted herself away from the edge and sat up with her hands still against her face. She reached blindly behind her for her helmet and put it gingerly back on. After she had it covering her face again, she sat with cold composer. She ran the whole scene back through her mind and she chuckled morbidly and sorrowfully to herself.

"Must have been his personality..." She said quietly to where most would not hear it except those that were purposefully listening. She continued to sit with a frown on her face and stare towards the gap in the glacier. She raised her voice and said to all,

"Let's make him proud on this adventure..."

Rekamennos

Account closed
    "HE CAN'T BE GONE..." Danacia insisted, pulling in to Edwin as she looked past him and down to the foggy depths below. "There has to be SOMETHING we can do! Anything? Did your detect life spell catch anything?....Oh who am I kidding of course it didn't otherwise you would have said something..." She asked, hope struck in her eyes, and then again she wondered why she cared so much at the same time about a man she hardly knew. Danacia sighed, and then shook her head, keeping her eyes away from Edwin's as they sparkled with a moment of brief vulnerablity while she took in the loss of yet another team member. For some reason due to this, she yet again had a strange bit of animosity towards Selia and Circe. Danacia reached up, gripping tight on the rope, and then began to maneuver herself in such a way to get past Edwin while also using the cliff side to climb back up. When she reached the top, her vunerability was covered up by anger and mourning for the loss of Arith. She was angry because she was captain, and she failed twice already. Or so she felt...She waited by the cliffside with an arm reached down to help Edwin climb back up.

Then, coming out of her own daze she heard Azaelia call out "Let's make him proud on this Adventure!" As she was waiting by the side to help Edwin back up, she nodded in agreement looking over to Azaelia and replied out loud, "I agree completely."

meben15

Lord of the Meeblings
    Edwin nodded solemnly as Danacia tried to deny what had just happened, "I'm sorry. I should have been quicker, I could have put a slow fall spell on him maybe. But he is gone now, and we need to keep going. We can't fail now." As they climbed back up Edwin placed a hand on Danacia's back to make sure she did not fall, and so if he slipped he would have something to grab onto.

He could tell that she was trying to be strong in front of the others, but Edwin has seen the look of insecurity in her eyes. Danacia was unsure of her capability to lead. He decided they needed to have a talk, but later. For now they needed to get to the tower. Edwin looked down at the ice as he yanked the piton he had planted out of the ice. The Breton man straitened and looked back at the others, "We need to do this in order and together so we don't lose anyone else. I will go down first in case anyone else falls I can catch them with slow-fall."

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts