The Best/Worst Skyrim Glitches you have ever seen

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SaveVsBedWet

I still regularly see mammoths standing around at 500' AGL and then simply traversing space and time while invisible and leaving no trace. I've begun to think that this is not a bug at all. Mammoths may have actually flown and "blinked away" into the future regularly and the only reason why we never see them on corners smoking cigarettes is because we haven't caught up to them yet. I just can't seem to disprove it.

The only truly "annoying" glitch for me continues to be the one where a horse is standing on a landing and then suddenly decides to rocket off to Limbo sideways, without ever moving its legs or head, and then the door to Limbo immediately closes behind it so I can never recover the horse again in life.

The first time I went up to Shearpoint was the first time I encountered a Dragon Priest, I got on my horse to run and jumped off a cliff, my horse got blasted in the rear by a fireball and went flying all the way to outside Whiterun where you can leave from the Underforge. Amazingly my horse nor I died.

Neriad13

Premium Member
The arrow glitch finally caught up with me yesterday. :sadface: The one where all arrows fly five feet and then abruptly drop to the ground. I shot off a ton of my good arrows before I finally figured out what was going on. And then a mob of mubcrabs almost killed me because I couldn't shoot them before they reached me. I tried shooting off my some iron arrows to see if I could fix it, but that wasn't helping. Every so often I'd be able to get a good shot off, but then it'd go back to the glitch. After a bear snuck up from behind and killed me, I ended up rage quitting for the moment and playing Morrowind instead.

Xivia4

• For some reason, I randomly lose the ability to cast conjuration spells. I have nothing in my inventory with an absorb magicka enchantment, so that's not the problem. It sucks since I never know when it will happen.
I can no longer cast the Fire Rune spell, which was one of my favs. It randomly happened during the fight with "The Challenger." No amount of previous reloads makes this guy go away. I have no idea if it's connected or just a coincidence.

The Fatalist

Destroyer of goats
I have seen so many glitches its not funny. Well some of them are, I guess.
I have seen pretty much all of the good glitches in this video, plus more.

I think the ballet performing dragon or the spinning bed was the best I've seen.

Worst glitch for me is bugged quests, for example just yesterday Vilkas wouldn't talk to me, so I couldn't continue the questline. So I had to start a new character because reloading to an earlier save didn't work.

King o' the Britains

Supreme Commander of Elite Awesomeness
just found an awesome one. I used my daedric bow at full power and then pressed r1 right after that, and the arrow didnt come out. i can still shoot and walk around, so its like a crossbow. Thats pretty awesome because i play on ps3 and cant get dawnguard yet:sadface:

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
I once used my good ol' FUS RO DAH on the first druagr in a dungeon. I ended up with a none stop effect in front of me so where ever i went my enemies were sent flying. Good thing I'm a bow user otherwise i would never have managed to get close enough to kill them without them being pushed back.

I use USKP, so lots of these things are fixed. But oh do I love those bugs and glitches that make the game seem like it was a waste of money. One time, I was walking, when I saw a dragon skeleton flying around. I shot it with an ebony arrow, and it fell into a lake, as if it had been fixed. Then it flew OUT of the lake, and landed on me. This was on console.

Pjusken

One time i was heading towards the Skyforge. When i arrived there it was gone. You could see straight through it (You could see Eorlunds merchant chest). The funny part was when Eorlund came around to get to work, and he just stopped i front of it. He stared at it for a while, as if he was genuinely confused, then turned around and walked back home.

Gods be praised indeed.

Morgan

LMAO! Looks like she's trying to take a crap. All she needed was a bucket under her rear to make this shot perfect!

LOL! Even better if you set the bucket there then hover a book in front of her while taking the screenshot. Yellow Book of Riddles would do.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
I've seen dragons going in reverse, REVERSE FTW!!!

And also a mammoth appearing out of nowhere in mid-air, falls onto another mammoth, dies. Happened twice.

Mating Fail?

Skyrimosity

I've seen dragons going in reverse, REVERSE FTW!!!

And also a mammoth appearing out of nowhere in mid-air, falls onto another mammoth, dies. Happened twice.

Mating Fail?
I refer you to an earlier part of the thread where a mammoth actually fell on my head and killed me. So yeah, I do not think the phrase "When mammoth's fly" will become a popular Nord saying anytime soon.

Epic Keith

I think the ballet performing dragon or the spinning bed was the best I've seen.

Worst glitch for me is bugged quests, for example just yesterday Vilkas wouldn't talk to me, so I couldn't continue the questline. So I had to start a new character because reloading to an earlier save didn't work.
OMG I LOLED SO HARD!!! IN FACT I ROFLED SO HARD! MAKE THAT A LMAO!

SIr you just made my day....

Epic Keith

I refer you to an earlier part of the thread where a mammoth actually fell on my head and killed me. So yeah, I do not think the phrase "When mammoth's fly" will become a popular Nord saying anytime soon.
Well everytime that glitch happens to me, It happens to Mammoths, surprisingly, the falling mammoth should have survived if landed on the mammoth and the stationary mammoth should die, but vice-versa happened

King o' the Britains

Supreme Commander of Elite Awesomeness
New one today. I was in the ragged flagon cistern, when mercer frey was sitting down with his feet in the water. thryyn was standing over him, so mercer's head was coming out of thryyn's crotch! Too bad i couldnt get a picture.

Zefeh

I'd have to say the worst one for me was walking into a random building and finding a large portion of the floor missing . . . I didn't have the guts to see if the floor was just playing an invisible act on me so I left and re-entered and tada! The floor was back!

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar

ROFL that is the most funniest video that I've seen today :)

Here's the glitches that happen to me :)

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
As someone that plays on the Xbox 360, with an over 300 hour save file and a maxed level character (no glitch), I have seen startlingly few glitches compared to some of the horror stories I've heard.

I've seen my armor dummies breath, move, shift off their stands. That was really creepy at first.

I've had dragons that just refused to give up their souls, but that's fine. It's one of the few opportunities you have to get a really good look at the dragon models, and they're spectacular.

The worst of it was that for the longest time I couldn't complete the Companion's quest line. When The Silverhand invades Jorvaskar, Vilkas refused to join me in our quest for revenge. For a few months, Whiterun was stuck in a perpetual time-loop with dead Silverhands scattered about the gutters. They patched that some time later and I eventually got it done.

I have noticed that sometimes, when I speak to another character I catch Drekeethus mouthing the words. That's sort of comical, especially if he's standing behind them. Looks like he's mocking them. Oh you silly lizard.

I can not become the Thane of the Rift, because I had cleaned out the Skooma den in question previous to the quest and after months and months the baddies refuse to spawn.

For a few hours I was "followed" by a dead dragon that would fall out of the sky and land on its back like a dead parakeet every time I exeted a hold or house and entered the world zone. Its textures were not fully loaded. Strange stuff.

Oh, and every time I load into Proudspire manner, Jordis is all "Huuurh who r u?!!?". I normally cast paralyze on her for the duration of my stay. She's insolent.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts