• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DBSIN

what i would like to know is, in you peoples opinion, what is the most in depth, challenging, quest.
not some short quest, like a dungeon thats super long, or a quest that super long and interesting
let me kno people thxxx

DBSIN

oh yea definitely, but i've done the dark brotherhood quest all the way through, see im an archer but my last character was an orc and man was he beast. but the theivs quest line is pretty good u say?

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
*Spoilers Ahoy!*

I wouldn't say it's the most challenging, but the line that quickly became my favorite and the one I was most "emotionally invested" in was the Companions Questline. I suppose I bonded with the guild so quickly because, of all the guilds and factions in the game, they're about the only one I could see myself personally joining. Primarily neutral, honorable and with no stigma on having your own personal agenda whichever way it may lean. I actually found myself lamenting Kodlak's death, and genuinely wanting to find a cure for him, Farkas and Vilkas. I've done it three or four times, and I find new things to like about it every time. :)

A close second would have to be the Dark Brotherhood. It fed my dark side, and introduced some really interesting characters. I only wish some of them got more exposure in the long run.

oh yea definitely, but i've done the dark brotherhood quest all the way through, see im an archer but my last character was an orc and man was he beast. but the theivs quest line is pretty good u say?
Yeah thieves guild is good, especially when you get into the Nightingale stuff. Definately worth it.

Neriad13

Premium Member
I have a few favorite side-quests, mostly just because I like their storylines or think they're hilarious. The one where you pass out religious pamphlets in Riften (it was so unexpected and funny). The one where you slut-shame Haelga (I laugh. Every time.). Sheogorath's daedric quest. Sanguine's daedric quest. The quest in Potema's catcombs (a lot of great, scary moments in it). The quest in Fjori and Holgeir's tomb (and the really sad ending to it).

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
The one where you slut-shame Haelga (I laugh. Every time.)

I love that one. It's such a quick, simple quest but it's hilarious every single time. She hands those Marks of Dibella out like candies to anyone she can lure into a dark alleyway. Very funny, really. :D

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
** Spoilers **

My favorite quest, by far, is "The Taste of Death", one of the Daedric quests. This quest is commonly known of as "The Cannibalism Quest".

It's not that I condone or endorse cannibalism in any way, but just the interactions of the characters during the quest is just hilarious! Who knew Markarth was so macabre?

Of particular interest in this quest is when you return to Reachcliff Cave with Brother Verulus in tow. As you enter the room where all of the uh... "diners" are sitting, take a moment to step back and listen to all of the conversations they're having! Classic!

The conversations you have after you become Namira's Champion are pretty funny, in a dark sort of way. You'll learn what truly happened to Arnleif of "Arnleif and Sons Trading Company", and why Hogni Red-Arm's meats are the "bloodiest in the Reach!"

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
The quest in Frostflow Lighthouse was quite rousing. It made me sad and filled me with a lust for vengeance, both in equal measure. Sheogorath's daedric quest was also pretty fun.. nothing like a trip into a madman's head!
The siege of Whiterun was probably the hardest quest for me to complete, because up until that point my Nord blood and Ulfric's charisma had cemented my stance on the civil war; that the empire was a foreign invading presence that should be cleansed from the land. But attacking Whiterun felt like I was attacking my own home city, butchering my friends and neighbors for one man's cause. I never felt like the end justified the means.. it felt more like pointless slaughter of innocents trying to desperately defend their homes. The fact that the quest made me think so long and hard on the moral justification and ramifications of my actions goes to show how well-designed it was!

I haven't yet gone further into the Dark Brotherhood questline, but there was something profoundly disturbing about the initiation quest where you wake up in that dimly lit abandoned shack with three tied and head-bagged victims, and blood splattered all over the floor. It felt like one of those gory shockumentaries or the making of a snuff film or something. I almost wished I could untie them all and set them free, but meh, one of them had to die in order for me to join the Dark Brotherhood, so.. CHOP!!

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
I love that one. It's such a quick, simple quest but it's hilarious every single time. She hands those Marks of Dibella out like candies to anyone she can lure into a dark alleyway. Very funny, really. :D

Ah yes, how could I forget that one? :D I do enjoy the way she always remarks scornfully "ah, it's you.. come to extort more from me?!" when I walk past her.

Ironlung888

Both the Dark Brotherhood and the Forbidden Legend quest lines where fun and in-depth. Personally I was a little disappointed with the Collage of Winterhold quests.

mellojoe

the one where you get the Wobbajack. That thing was just weird and odd and crazy. It was short, though, but still cool.

I thought the Nightingale one was a bit over the top, though .... I could have skipped it. But the gear you get at the end looks amazing.

Icy Seeker

Yngil Mini Quest was interesting I love Arondal's personality (not really). Other then that I liked Sheograths quest and The stones of boethiah.

DBSIN

well thanks lol,personally my favorite was the on where you at the end u achieve sanguines rose that quest was cool as plops

My favorite is probably the Thieves Guild Quest Line. I love the characters and the armor and weapons you get. Another little known fact is that after you beat the quest line, if you continue doing side quests within it for Mallory and Vex (those might not be the right characters, but I think they are), you can upgrade the Rataway as a whole. Fences (people you can sell stolen goods to) start to appear in the holds, a blacksmith and trader show up in the Rataway, and you get this little treasure chest that gives you goodies every day. You also get a the Master Thieves Guild armor (the black one that Vex and Mallory wear) and it can become a home. These tasks do get to be quite tedious, but I still found them fun.

jaredb

Doing the Thieves guild properly is the ;longest of the guild quests if your just looking for somethings time consuming

I feel that the Dark Brotherhood is too short though. It takes all of 2 or 3 hours to finish the entire thing and the gold you receive at the end is nice, but really the armor isn't that good, the Blade of Woe isn't either, but with the Thieves Guild you get pretty good stuff. I would personally start the game and beat the Companions Questline, go on to beat the Dark Brotherhood, then the main storyline, then the Theives Guild. The Deadric Quests are fun and you get some good rewards (always side with the Daedric Price/Princesses), and you can find some other fun ones to do as well. The College of Winterhold is good if you're a mage, but I tend to find it as the least exciting of all the quest lines. The Stormcloaks vs the Imperial Leigon is also good to level up your character, but is just a lot of hack and slash sorta stuff, if that is what you're into.

Moris

None of them seem quite long enough. The Companions questline was quite disappointing. It was simply too short and too easy. The College of Winterhold wasn't terrible, except that I felt that the Archmage should surely need to demonstrate his ability to cast more than a single novice level restoration spell.

The Thieves Guild was better, though the radiant quests get a bit annoying at times. And the Dark Brotherhood quests were cool, but if you do them when you are too high a level -- as a stealth character -- they are not challenging.

All in all, I think the main quest was the most balanced quest. I have completed it starting at level 1 and also starting at level 50. I have done Bleak Falls Barrow more times than I can count (probably at least 40 times) and yet it is never really a total yawn, even though I know where every draugr will pop out. I take this as a sign that it is exactly as big as it needs to be, and not a room bigger. So I give the developers major points for making the quest that everyone will probably complete the most often as interesting and as efficient as possible.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts