The Battlemage - A Massacre In Skyrim (Character Build)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
Balance, using your way of playing, you're holding a shield in your left hand or a conjuration spell?

harpwood

You should have some in heavy armour instead of pickpocketing.

If you invest 3 perks at pick poket, you can have the deep pokets perk, thats allows you to carry 100 weight more!!!

If you prefer heavy armor then maybe you should not distribute any perk at light armor at all...

Teritus

That's just the character I'm playing right now. I didn't mean to say that yours was bad.

harpwood

That's just the character I'm playing right now. I didn't mean to say that yours was bad.

Do not worry. I did not misunderstant that you implied that my character recomendation is bad :).

I just explained to you why I decided to spend 3 precious perks to a completely irrelative skill...

Teritus

It's quite ok. And that alternative is similar to my character right now, save a few in block perhaps for me.

Aliester

You know i used to hate shields when i first started playing, then i made a warrior who used a shield and i started putting points in the perks. Damn i love shields now, ecspecially shield charge. Shield charge is awesome and will save your life at times.

The Balance

Own Face.
Balance, using your way of playing, you're holding a shield in your left hand or a conjuration spell?

Can't believe I missed this for so long, sorry about that - I always have a shield when available, blocking is incredibly useful for any/all characters. I'll conjure minions in first, then my weapon. If I need to supplement other magic, I'll take the shield off for a second, cast, then re-equip it.

brandon

I've never used a shield and I probably never will. Even though I should my current guy is the very definition of squishy. I put all the points into magic and stamina. My health is only at 160. Even though I'm wearing the ebony mail armor that has been Smith ed out the ass I'm getting killed left and right. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
I actually tried re-doing the Conjuration Battlemage but using Destruction instead of a shield... and around level 20 I was regularly being ground into a fine paste and spread across the walls. Thinking back I was largely relying on my (rather low-skilled) Heavy Armor for survival, which may have been a bad move...

Ah well, if at first you don't succeed... :)

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
I found the battlemage build fairly obsolete in Skyrim because mages are so powerful and fun to be but I decided to make a battlemage build and this is a great guide to making one.

The Balance

Own Face.
I found the battlemage build fairly obsolete in Skyrim because mages are so powerful and fun to be but I decided to make a battlemage build and this is a great guide to making one.

Thanks! It is fun and somewhat unique - but looking back on it all, magic in skyrim is so versatile and powerful that it really almost gimps you doing anything but using it to its max potential. Kinda sad really - but hey, that's what these builds are for! Obscure, fun, and challenging!

Skarv

Before I begin, please do not think I am criticizing this! It's just a simple question. Why use Block? Can you be a Battle Mage without using a shield because I dislike shields for my reasons

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
I had a similar build, An imperial who used the apprentice/atronach stone, alteration, restoration, destruction, heavy armour, enchanting, smithing and staffs. Was a good build after lvl 20 when I had a lot of magic but at lower levels I was to invested in my staffs

Skarv

When should i use a shield and do i have to? Also should i use bound sword or a regular sword? Picking the bound sword makes me feel like i am wasting 3 perk points so idk plz help